deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

This is getting tiresome. What in the world is up with PC ports being pure cheeks, time after time. The latest atrocity is the new edition of The Outer Worlds, "Spacer's Choice". All the bugs, glitches, and turd flakes from the old edition are here, too, with all new ones thrown in. Oh, and the old ones are worse now. Yay. Game is so f_ckn broken that it's rebooting PCs to BIOS. How does that even happen.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46489 Posts

PC specifically?

Or is it horrible on every platform, including PC?

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@R4gn4r0k said:

PC specifically?

Just heard about PC, specifically.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 R4gn4r0k

@nod_calypse said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

PC specifically?

But again people always go "this game sucks on PC"

when it's a bucket of piss on every single platform. Also it's Virtuous, they were responsible for the horrible Horizon Zero Dawn PC port, which Guerrilla had to clean up for them. They can't do anything by themselves and they'll never fix this, so better refund.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@R4gn4r0k said:
@nod_calypse said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

PC specifically?

But again people always go "this game sucks on PC"

when it's a bucket of piss on every single platform. Also it's Virtuous, they were responsible for the horrible Horizon Zero Dawn PC port, which Guerrilla had to clean up for them. They can't do anything by themselves and they'll never fix this, so better refund.

I mean, I mainly game on PC. I'm just pointing out that I'm sick of this happening. There are plenty of examples of shit sucking on PC, but being generally good on console. I was looking forward to this release. Who knows if it'll ever be fixed. It just sucks.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k

It seems to be another case of PC gamers being allowed to talk about these issues.

What can you do on PS5? Leave a review? Get a refund from a digital copy? You can't do either.

Websites aren't reporting about this either, as their only source of info is from publishers themselves, aka good news show.

So yeah, PC gamers complain, leave angry reviews, websites pick this up, and then other websites start picking this up.

Eventhough it's brave of Gamespot to link to the PC gamer article, wouldn't it have been better journalism to actually buy the game for themselves and do some actual journalism?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k

@nod_calypse said:

I mean, I mainly game on PC. I'm just pointing out that I'm sick of this happening. There are plenty of examples of shit sucking on PC, but being generally on console. I was looking forward to this release. Who knows if it'll ever be fixed. It just sucks.

Me too, I was looking forward to this release too. But games just release broken, that is what they do. GTA DE launched broken, Battlefield 2042 launched broken, that's two years ago. Games are still releasing broken.

Guess people are fine with it and are still happily forking over their cash.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah, the PC issues at least are being clearly documented, way enough for me to stay far, far away from the game. And I was gonna buy it, finally. Looks like another indefinite waiting game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k

@nod_calypse said:

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah, the PC issues at least are being clearly documented, way enough for me to stay far, far away from the game. And I was gonna buy it, finally. Looks like another indefinite waiting game.

I just regret that I didn't pick up the original, made by the masterful team at Obsidian and not some hackjob over in China, for 9 euro when I had the chance :P

But yeah it is sad. I keep repeating myself but: what is more important for a developer than optimization and making sure your product is working on launch.

As I see it: the more people that can play your game, the more people that are able to run it (target low end and PS4 hardware too) the more sales.

But the guys at the top have other plans.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17849 Posts

This just seems like a poorly packaged 'upgrade'. The visual improvements are minor on PC and the console version can't even run at 60fps. LOL

Best to avoid the Scammer's Choice Edition if it has issues and stick to the original PC version. I played it on Game Pass back then and it ran fine. However, I needed to use an third party ultrawide fix to get proper UW.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

It's not unique to PC. It's shit on every platform.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Huh? I've been playing it since yesterday at 100+ fps and Ultrawide most settings on Ultra.

I have not experienced many problems.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@zaryia: There's always that guy.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7224 Posts

Man, PC is the worst, even Switch gets better optimized games than trash PC.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@mesome713 said:

1. It's broken on all systems, unless you have a recent rig which just brute forces through it all (like me).

It runs about 40fps with stuttering on the ps5 in performance mode. It's unplayable

Like most games I'm playing this a 2-4x the fps of Consoles w/ higher settings.

2. PC is the best gaming platform, and almost all games are significantly better played on PC. They usually get fixed within days or weeks after these threads are made. The console versions remain trash forever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@zaryia said:
@mesome713 said:

1. It's broken on all systems, unless you have a recent rig which just brute forces through it all (like me).

It runs about 40fps with stuttering on the ps5 in performance mode. It's unplayable

Like most games I'm playing this a 2-4x the fps of Consoles w/ higher settings.

2. PC is the best gaming platform, and almost all games are significantly better played on PC. They usually get fixed within days or weeks after these threads are made. The console versions remain trash forever.

It's not true across the board, no. Many games would stay broken forever on PC if it were not for PC mods.

I do agree PC is the best medium. I love PC gaming, which is why broken garbage being put out is so upsetting.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 514 Posts

The thing about PC is it's always a matter of time before optimization locks in. Of course it's easier to optimize for a single closed system rather than an open sourced platform. That's why I always wait and buy games at a discount months later.

The best thing about PC is that it's an open platform. I've never had an issue that didn't have a work around to fix it, and If the developers don't fix a glitch, the PC community sure as hell would. I had game breaking bugs in Fallout and Skyrim that where never fixed on console, and if I couldn't fix it with a simple console command, then someone else encounter it and made a patch for me.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#18  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17849 Posts
@mesome713 said:

Loading Video...
Avatar image for hamiltonrichard
HamiltonRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HamiltonRichard
Member since 2023 • 91 Posts

@nod_calypse:

I can understand your frustration with PC ports that seem to consistently have bugs and glitches. It can definitely be frustrating to experience these issues, especially when they seem to be present in both old and new editions of a game.

The Outer Worlds has been a highly anticipated game, and it's disappointing to hear that the latest edition, Spacer's Choice, seems to have issues as well. Rebooting PCs to BIOS is definitely a serious problem, and it's concerning that it's happening.

I think it's important for game developers to prioritize the quality of their ports, especially for PC gamers who are looking for a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience. Hopefully, the developers will take notice of these issues and work to address them in future updates.

In the meantime, it might be helpful to check online forums and reviews before purchasing new games, to see if there are any known issues that could affect your gaming experience.