deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

As much of a Miyazaki ripoff as it appears? Or does it stand on its own? Been hearing mixed things. Haven't seen many talking about it on the forum. Anybody playing it?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22850 Posts

More importantly, is anyone playing lies of P on steam deck? I hear it runs pretty great!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts

The load times were too long in the demo.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2588 Posts

I downloaded the game via Game Pass but it feels wrong playing anything other than Starfield right now when I have free time. If y’all say it’s worth it, I’ll try it out though.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44365 Posts

Yep, playing it on the XSX myself via Game Pass and it’s a great game. Really nails the whole Bloodborne vibe. Fantastic atmosphere and solid gameplay.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

It's great. Probably the best soulslike ever besides Nioh 2

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14009 Posts

Game seems great, but that is possibly the worst title for a game I've ever heard of.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39445 Posts

Played the demo, and have seen plenty of mid game content. Its exactly like the demo was, complete and utter garbage.

All these 8/10 that i am seeing all over, its just people being high. Probably the same reviewers that gave Wu Long a good score, and that game deserves a 5/10.

Bosses animations are fucked. They do a bunch of delayed animations, but when they do the actual attack, its instant and has no tells. You see this very often from all the shitty steam titles that pop up on weekly basis, all desperate to ride the soulslike train. That on its own is really bad, and shows that the dev doesn't get it very much. Then there's your standard mobs that all look like some generic and uninspired enemies, all just spamming the same attack or two. The combat itself is literally ruined because its not fun to fight anything.

And i don't know if this is nitpicking, but npc's in the damn game talk soooo much. If they tried to make the game more immersive like Bloodborne, with constant goofy ass characters talking to you, they failed at their job.

Level design is extremely simple and linear. There's no exploration at all, you're just walking in a straight line with a short side path here and there. Lots of people praised the game for looking like bloodborne, but they're not even close. You walk around, the environment is empty, same wall and floor texture all over the place, and it feels like a cheap UE4 game.

The game is pretty much exactly what i expected it being when it was first shown a while back. Anoter mediocre soulslike that the desperate gamers will consider as "the best soulslike" because they just want something remotely similar to fromsoft games, or simply don't understand what makes fromsoft games as good as they are. Its an unremarkable game that is not even worth talking about, and within a week it will be completely forgotten.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3463 Posts

Seems like the game is universally praised by both critics and players and good on its own merits. Will definitely play it eventually.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1273 Posts

It's alright. Nothing groundbreaking, but there is a reason FromSoft are masters in the genre, and Neowiz are considered copycats.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen

@kathaariancode said:

Seems like the game is universally praised by both critics and players and good on its own merits. Will definitely play it eventually.

Compared to Fromsoft titles, its as good as what Redfall was for the Dishonored series.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1340 Posts

another 80+ gamepass banger to feast on when i'm finished dining on ST87FIELD

👩‍🚀🚀🪐✨💫...🥇🏆

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58436 Posts

Yeah, I've played a bit of it. Don't listen to the haters; if it's not from Fromsoft, it aint worth touching. Fanatics 😂

I mean I'm not one for the soulsborne genre but I keep trying them despite myself, and tbh I found myself enjoying this one a lot.

Seems like the combat is pretty good, the game world is really grim, art direction is cool.

Only played up to the first boss though, so maybe an hour or two? But so far good impressions.

One thing I've noticed is that every soulsborne game has their own "quirk" in game design, this one seems to be the dodge and block mechanic. Hard for me to explain not being the biggest fan of the genre but there's just something there that's cool.

@Pedro said:

Seem OK in final release.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58436 Posts
@ghostofgolden said:

I downloaded the game via Game Pass but it feels wrong playing anything other than Starfield right now when I have free time. If y’all say it’s worth it, I’ll try it out though.

Haha that's sort of where I am at right now. And when I do play something else, it needs to be relaxing and open-ended.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3463 Posts

@hardwenzen: Yes but fromsoft 10outa10 badass masters this game clearly not masterpiece best game of all time so trash starfield 7/10 halo infinite bad 9/10

#TwitchReviews

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7248 Posts

@Pedro said:

now now the ssd is overrated and the hard drive is good enough remember.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7269 Posts

Not played myself but watched some gameplay on YouTube looks identical to Bloodborne.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:

now now the ssd is overrated and the hard drive is good enough remember.

No one ever made such a claim. But you claimed that SSD renders triangles though.😂

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@hardwenzen: yep, looks like budget souls to me as well. I'm pretty picky about these games.

My main issue is the slow enemy AI. This was a problem in that Code Vein and its a problem here in this game as well. Most enemies just do this slow ass wind up before they hit you. It makes the game super boring and easy if they all have a slow animation like that because then you can get in several hits and they all are made short work of.

Souls games and the Niohs and Wo Long know this and so each enemy type is different. You have slow wind ups, fast aggressive types, lots of enemies that change things up between slow and fast attacks. It keeps you on your toes and makes the difficulty....well, soulslike.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@nod_calypse: I want to, but I have no free time. Starfield is taking up my gaming time, and when that eases off a bit, Forza will be out.

I probably won't get to a game like this until next year.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8273 Posts

been on Starfield whenever i have time to game but I've got this on my Play Later list for sure..

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10507 Posts

might pick it up in a drought but was not super impressed with the demo. the link to bloodborne felt tenuous at best, more hype from the devs than reality.

it's dark, it's stormy, there's some weird twisted enemies, some cliche formulaic souls elements, but that's pretty much where the similarities end.

as far as atmosphere goes, level design, fluidity of combat and all the other aspect that combine to make bloodborne the game it is, it wasn't close. not to say the demo is representative of the final product but it's not high on my must-play list right now. feels like a title well suited to gamepass. £49.99 on the ps5 currently

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen

@robert_sparkes said:

Not played myself but watched some gameplay on YouTube looks identical to Bloodborne.

Oooooof that can only happen to an untrained eye.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44634 Posts

Too busy with Starfield to get to anything else meaty. But I heard good things.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

It's alright. A Souls knock-off to the bone. Awkward gameplay. Only From has a grip on that formula. Nioh was cool but too hard.

I like the artstyle though. The theme of Pinocchio. Nice framerate and load times, too.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44365 Posts

I really like the mechanic of being able to refill 1 healing flask after you have used them all by attacking enemies. I also like that colour your ergo number blue when you have enough to level up. A small feature for sure but pretty convenient.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

The Lies of Phil...I think everyone's played that...I'll see myself out lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

@last_lap: I heard that game scored well.🙃