Bayonetta 2 VS Devil May Cry 5

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll Bayonetta 2 VS Devil May Cry 5 (74 votes)

Bayonetta 2 41%
Devil May Cry 5 59%

Has this game given the witch a jolly good water dunking, or has the Switch won with exclusive content yet again? Is Devil May Cry, out Devil May Cried?

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Bayonetta and Devil May Cry are different styles of action games but I've simply had more fun playing DMC5 than Bayonetta 1 or 2. But I generally prefer DMC over Bayonetta.

I think DMC5 deserved a 10 more than Bayo 2

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Always liked Devil May Cry more than Bayonetta. I'm about halfway through DMC5 and don't know yet if I'd rank it above DMC3. 3's gothic anime look and character designs were more interesting to me than the photorealism. The music was better too.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45339 Posts

Not a fair comparison. DMC 5 vs Bayo 3 would be fair.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Woah must we have this fight. Kinda need more time with DMC5. Speaking of Lady, have jurnos complained about her characterisation yet or are they waiting for Druckman's be true to characters speech lol.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59211 Posts
@ellos said:

Woah must we have this fight. Kinda need more time with DMC5. Speaking of Lady, have jurnos complained about her characterisation yet or are they waiting for Druckman's be true to characters speech lol.

Indeed they did. With Gamespot complaining about the really, really tame, practically non-existent nude scene.

They always talk like the represent everyone. Our moral police. It comes across as the extreme-left trying to talk down to you and shove their own values up your butt as the norm.

In case you weren't aware bros, it was a shlocky in tone from the start, this ain't no Hamlet.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

I think it's valid to point out that Lady and Trish don't actually do anything in this game (at least so far from what I've played). In previous games there were a lot of scenes where they kicked major ass but those don't seem to be here

Complaints about the "nudity" are just silly though. DMC has been around since 2001; you should know what you're getting by now

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@princeofshapeir: DLC characters probably. Capcom has been killing it lately but they still have not forgotten how to milk things. Yeah they can f off complaining about proper rated nudity.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@ellos said:

Surprised they are even talking about Lady when Trish has always been ever-present in the series, and always dressed the same provocative way. Only thing different this go around seems to be her breasts shrunk.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

Dante is Dante.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22401 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Not a fair comparison. DMC 5 vs Bayo 3 would be fair.

OliverSnyders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OliverSnyders
Member since 2017 • 226 Posts

No matter how badass Bayonetta 2 is, DMC 5 is the best. Also this game destroys GoW.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

Tried playing Bayonetta, but I really could not get into it. I just finished God of war and was blown away. I just purchased DMC 5, but have not installed it yet, I'm hoping it is as good as God of War.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

DMC5, since Bayonetta 2's depth has been reduced coming from Bayonetta 1. On the flip side barring no Inertia/no Reversals being that damaging, Nero n Dante's kits have even more options than they had before. It's not a surprise that high end Bayonetta players still play Bayonetta 1. On the flip side DMC5 is about to get the type of burn DMC3 n 4 got from its high level players. Especially in an era where combo mads are easily more accessible to put online.

Either way both games are wasted on you goobers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

DMC5, since Bayonetta 2's depth has been reduced coming from Bayonetta 1. On the flip side barring no Inertia/no Reversals being that damaging, Nero n Dante's kits have even more options than they had before. It's not a surprise that high end Bayonetta players still play Bayonetta 1. On the flip side DMC5 is about to get the type of burn DMC3 n 4 got from its high level players. Especially in an era where combo mads are easily more accessible to put online.

Either way both games are wasted on you goobers.

I agree with this poster. He seems incredibly wise and savy.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@robbie23: GoW eats this game for breakfast.

Just beat the second boss. Game feels only decent, kinda regret buying it at full price, can't even sell it because I got the digital copy. Needless to say I still prefer Bayo/Ninja Gaiden/GoW.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@Epak_ said:

Just beat the second boss. Game feels only decent, kinda regret buying it at full price, can't even sell it because I got the digital copy. Needless to say I still prefer Bayo/Ninja Gaiden/GoW.

I feel the same, I tried to refund that game only to see the first night I left the game open and it showed 15 hrs playtime on steam. So im stuck with it. Started playing again this morning, think im on chapter 9, combat feels like button mashing. I sure there is alot of depth for high end players but just being a regular game player combat feels boring to me. I dont like the sequence of buttons it takes to do combos feels so unnatural.

I think I enjoyed the DMC reboot better then this, the new character V is just so unlikable with the snarky attitude they gave him.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Advid-Gamer said:
@Epak_ said:

I feel the same, I tried to refund that game only to see the first night I left the game open and it showed 15 hrs playtime on steam. So im stuck with it. Started playing again this morning, think im on chapter 9, combat feels like button mashing. I sure there is alot of depth for high end players but just being a regular game player combat feels boring to me. I dont like the sequence of buttons it takes to do combos feels so unnatural.

I think I enjoyed the DMC reboot better then this, the new character V is just so unlikable with the snarky attitude they gave him.

First time playing as V, at least he brings something new to the table gameplaywise, it felt different even when I just targeted an enemy and smashed X and Y at the same time while trying to keep V away from the enemies. I agree that doing combos takes some time getting used to and I dislike the heavy usage of the upper triggers. Don't know if I should try to map the buttons differently.

I've also skipped a lot of cutscenes by accident, sucks that you can't pause them.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25004 Posts

If i have to choose it would be DMC5 but neither are very interesting.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44376 Posts

So difficult to choose. Both games are awesome but I still think that I’d give a very slight edge to Bayonetta.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

DMC5 is glorious. Just finished mission 11 I think. Wipes the floor with DMC4. Might even be better then 3

I'd put it over over Bayonetta 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Bayonetta camera shifts too much. I dont remember if it was 1 or 2 but it kept me from getting into the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I'm personally more of a DMC fan but both are great series with superb combat mechanics. Saying this Bayonetta combat system is more accessible to newcomers while DMC combat system is harder to master.

In such a niche genre though, one cant be too picky. Now I also wish Team Ninja made a new Ninja Gaiden game since GOW is in another genre now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

@AsadMahdi59 said:

DMC5 is glorious. Just finished mission 11 I think. Wipes the floor with DMC4. Might even be better then 3

Im on chapter 10, How has it been glorious so far? On devil hunter difficulty all boss battles so far have just been boring, guess people really like this button smasher combat system. Fighting the giant robot looking thing, just target the orbs on his legs, swing on his back mindless hack at red orb on his back and repeat....Glorious. Guess I have been playing MHW to long where there some actual tactics to boss battles.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#25 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19653 Posts

I've always preferred DMC over Bayo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

@vaeh said:

Dante is Dante.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

@Advid-Gamer:

I think you can call V button mashy, but Nero and Dante control pretty much the same as they always have. Nero is more fun to use then before and the other 2 are even more enjoyable I and haven't even unlocked most of their moves.

I've found the boss fights good so far. The one you're describing is probably the weakest of the bunch. Overall having a blast, but I guess it's a little on the easy side compared to DMC3. I'm looking forward to playing on whatever's after Devil Hunter.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Bayonetta 2 is the better game. Polls don't mean anything. Devil May Cry 5 is on multiple platforms.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59211 Posts

@jdc6305 said:

Bayonetta 2 is the better game. Polls don't mean anything. Devil May Cry 5 is on multiple platforms.

By implication your opinion is above everyone elses, and the only relevant thing.

Shocking behaviour sir.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I like both, but I always preferred Devil May Cry. The witch time mechanic really hurts the pacing in Bayonetta.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@Advid-Gamer said:
@AsadMahdi59 said:

Im on chapter 10, How has it been glorious so far? On devil hunter difficulty all boss battles so far have just been boring, guess people really like this button smasher combat system. Fighting the giant robot looking thing, just target the orbs on his legs, swing on his back mindless hack at red orb on his back and repeat....Glorious. Guess I have been playing MHW to long where there some actual tactics to boss battles.

Beating the game is only half the fun. Hack'n'slash are like fighting games, i.e. the fun is in mastering its combat mechanics. Sure, you can beat the game by mashing triangle and dodging here and there but doing it in style... thats were the fun actually resides for most fans of the genre

If you dont want to master its combat then the genre just isnt for you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

@Vatusus said:
@Advid-Gamer said:
@AsadMahdi59 said:

Beating the game is only half the fun. Hack'n'slash are like fighting games, i.e. the fun is in mastering its combat mechanics. Sure, you can beat the game by mashing triangle and dodging here and there but doing it in style... thats were the fun actually resides for most fans of the genre

I wouldnt say the genre is not for me. I replayed NG,Gow,Bay many times. Ng is one of my all time favorite games. To me the combat in Dmc is just not as good. I can get A's and S's alot of the time its not like I cant play the game, combat is just not as satisfying to me. I seem to only be able to play one mission then get bored do something else and come back. Seems most hated the DmC reboot but I remember beating that game in 2 sittings. Maybe I just 2 old now

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

https://twitter.com/donguri990/status/1104643971911868417

Imagine disliking DMC, imagine hating fun.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

DMC5 is the best hack n slash to come out since bayonetta 2. DMC5 is the game bayonetta fans will play untill bayonetta 3 comes out.

I refuse to choose one over the other

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@Advid-Gamer said:
@Vatusus said:
@Advid-Gamer said:
@AsadMahdi59 said:

I wouldnt say the genre is not for me. I replayed NG,Gow,Bay many times. Ng is one of my all time favorite games. To me the combat in Dmc is just not as good. I can get A's and S's alot of the time its not like I cant play the game, combat is just not as satisfying to me. I seem to only be able to play one mission then get bored do something else and come back. Seems most hated the DmC reboot but I remember beating that game in 2 sittings. Maybe I just 2 old now

Well I respect your opinion but I completely disagree. I'm also a big fan of Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta and GoW and to me DMC still has the most satisfying combat of them all. Lets leave it at that

@jdc6305 said:

Bayonetta 2 is the better game.

Disagree but nice opinion you have there. I mean, I never played Bayo2 myself but speaking strictly about its combat mechanics, they dont look too different from Bayo1, wich I beat on hard. So, in that vein, DMC combat > Bayo combat

Polls don't mean anything.

That one I agree

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

No comparison DMC, Bayonetta 2 isn't even itneresting to be honest.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#38  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19653 Posts

Dante = King of hack & slash

Bayonetta = Queen of hack & slash

...Win-win for both.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44637 Posts

It would make more sense to pit Bayonetta 2 against previous Ninja Theory DMC and not new DMC5, rather Bayonetta 3 should get that honor.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8501 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Dante = King of hack & slash

Bayonetta = Queen of hack & slash

...Win-win for both.

This.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Well Bayonetta 2 is a very fun game, but Devil May Cry 5 looks amazing too. I am not sure which is better though, DMC 5 since it's newer and more technically impressive I suppose.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7336 Posts

I have not played DMC 5 yet, but I like Bayonetta more than the older DMC games. Bayo works dodging into the gameplay in a way that forces you to read your opponent more than DMC does. Doesn't make it objectively better, but I personally prefer it.

Both are great though.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15964 Posts

Only played Bayonetta 2 and while I think its fun, its not a 10/10 game.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

DMC5 no contest here!!!

Even if I only played Bayo1, i consider both as good games, mind you though.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

DMC5