blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16572 Posts

This is something solid usually does, but he hasn't done it yet, and we're almost into 2024. Disappointing.

Anyways, let's reflect on 2023, it's been a fantastic year in games for gaming, but shout out to Xbox which had a particular amazeballs year with hits after hits after hits. Starfield was a tremendous success, and redfall redeemed itself. Not to mention, all the huge titles released on gamepass.

Sea of stars is one of my fave rpgs in a while, and i dislike the genre. Uncle Phil, no we can call him saint phil really came through.

The switch also had a banner year, with totk, Mario wonder, metroid prime remastered and a whole bunch of other games.

PS5, well...I guess sp8derman 2 came at the end.

Anyways, let's reflect on the past year as we carry our hopes into the new year.

We can talk about games, but here I want to reflect on the best and shittiest threads of 2023.

My vote for best thread of 2023 goes to either hardwenzen creating that lords of the fallen hype thread then getting destroyed the next week with the 5/10. He's still defending that game to this date, how embarrassing 🤣

Or gow about sp8derman 2 thread...there was plenty of cope in that thread.

What about you, which do you think was the best /worst thread of 2023?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56256 Posts

I honestly can't remember best & worst threads in SW of 2023.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46480 Posts

Solid is slacking because he is probably addicted to some JRPG like he usually is.

The worst thread was Ghosts complaining about Alan Wake 2, which was totally not in character for him.

The best thread was that thread today that I made about conspiracy theories, check it out!

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6344 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: No idea to be honest on best or worst thread. But the best thread is usually about someone's worst thread, so I guess one thread could be the best and worst.

And kudos to you for not putting the j in front of the rpg.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39300 Posts

I will not accept false information to flow with my name stuck to it. I have played lords of the fallen the same week it was released, and the game is NOTHING what i thought/hoped it would be. A 6.5/10 is what i would've given it in 2-3h of playtime i got with it.

As a matter of fact, that game solidified my original opinion about souls wannabes. If its not made by Fromsoft, its garbage. Simple as that.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1319 Posts

The best is the st86field official and the worst will be from one of the resident cows.

Another easy Xbox win

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

How about the most amazing thread backfires?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45299 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: lol thanks for remembering me.

Best Thread of 2023: Tears of the Kingdom Hype Thread. It had the second most posts after the Starfield thread, but you see, the Starfield thread had more posts because it ended up being a flop and there was a lot of damage control. The Tears of the Kingdom was filled with love, and the game itself defied expectations.

Worst Thread of 2023: The PlayStation Portable criticism threads, which were populated by people who weren’t interested in the device to begin with, but the system itself ended up being a hit with its intended audience!

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10490 Posts

best: the lounge. or

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

and redfall redeemed itself

make a thread about how

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

Tears of the Kingdom Hype Thread.

That actually was a good thread. One of those extremely rare instances of people just discussing a game, minimal shit posting.

Of course nature of that game, everyone doing different things at different times with different methods, made it annoying af trying not to spoil or be spoiled.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Tears of the Kingdom Hype Thread.

That actually was a good thread. One of those extremely rare instances of people just discussing a game, minimal shit posting.

Of course nature of that game, everyone doing different things at different times with different methods, made it annoying af trying not to spoil or be spoiled.

Yea, I probably spoiled some stuff near the end lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic said:

I think at a certain point everyone was tired of tip toeing around the stuff.

But yeah, what a damn game man. I'm sure Nintendo can outdo themselves again, but they've got their work cut out.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolidGame_basic
@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I think at a certain point everyone was tired of tip toeing around the stuff.

But yeah, what a damn game man. I'm sure Nintendo can outdo themselves again, but they've got their work cut out.

Makes you wonder what they’ll do next. Can’t believe it took them 6 years.. hopefully that doesn’t mean the next one will be in 2030 lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ConanTheStoner
@SolidGame_basic said:

Makes you wonder what they’ll do next. Can’t believe it took them 6 years.. hopefully that doesn’t mean the next one will be in 2030 lol.

Easy bet is new art style in a new world, but it's just tough to imagine them outdoing the flexibility of fusion + zonai parts.

Could honestly see them reeling things back a bit. Doubt they'll be able to pull off something as absurdly content packed as TotK out the gate. And after such a balls out do whatever you want game, could see them swinging back to something more conservative. Nintendo tho, who knows lol.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's 2030. Granted they learned so much from BotW n TotK, should speed the process, but they always drag their ass when it comes to Zelda.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Easy bet is new art style in a new world, but it's just tough to imagine them outdoing the flexibility of fusion + zonai parts.

Could honestly see them reeling things back a bit. Doubt they'll be able to pull off something as absurdly content packed as TotK out the gate. And after such a balls out do whatever you want game, could see them swinging back to something more conservative. Nintendo tho, who knows lol.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's 2030. Granted they learned so much from BotW n TotK, should speed the process, but they always drag their ass when it comes to Zelda.

By then we will get the Ocarina of Time remake 😮

Regarding the development times .. someone made a joke regarding GTA 6 and the fact that it took 10 years just for them to announce it lol. The joke was like “at this rate I have 1 or 2 GTAs left in my life time” 😆

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic:

Right it's crazy to look at games on a time scale like that. Especially when back in the day, could easily see two or three entries in a major series within a single (often shorter) generation.

Obviously with GTA5 they had their reasons. Game didn't stop selling, online kept printing money, why bother? For sure they could have released a GTA6 already if they wanted.

Still though, when 5 years is the shorter end of a AAA blockbuster cycle, shit has definitely gotten out of hand.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34693 Posts

Yeah, I enjoyed the TotK thread. People were playing the game and actually discussed it in a fun manner. Hardwenzen entered a few times and were annoyed by people's happiness. Good times.

Worst thread? Pick whatever else, basically. I'm certain there's a specific thread that annoyed me the most, but it's not like I remember them. Probably something from solid_basic.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59117 Posts

My memory is quite bad but generally like threads that go weird or off the rails.

So from recent memory the GTA6 one where they were implying the lady was ugly and had a penis, because she had a big chin. Very exciting thread.

Most of Solid_Basics tend to be terrible. As a person I hate and generally wish ill upon him.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

Best Thread of 2023: Tears of the Kingdom Hype Thread. It had the second most posts after the Starfield thread, but you see, the Starfield thread had more posts because it ended up being a flop and there was a lot of damage control. The Tears of the Kingdom was filled with love, and the game itself defied expectations.

Worst Thread of 2023: The PlayStation Portable criticism threads, which were populated by people who weren’t interested in the device to begin with, but the system itself ended up being a hit with its intended audience!

At one point it was literally 2-3 cows(one of them actually went after me) and a fakeboy trying to keep the starfield hype thread active while everyone else was doing something else.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11180 Posts

Anyways, let's reflect on 2023, it's been a fantastic year in games for gaming, but shout out to Xbox which had a particular amazeballs year with hits after hits after hits. Starfield was a tremendous success, and redfall redeemed itself. Not to mention, all the huge titles released on gamepass.

This is the worst thread now

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22801 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

You are welcome! And Playstation portal remains an undercooked turd that is maximum disippoint. Interested.... Yes! Underdelivered? Absolutely. 😢

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blaznwiipspman1

@BenjaminBanklin: lol 🤡

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blaznwiipspman1

@SolidGame_basic: yep, it's probably true that the best thread was that totk thread. It was purely gameplay discussion, except for one salty fake boy kept trashing switch and Nintendo. Vast majority of thread was very pure and gameplay centered. It was refreshing to see.

Worst thread might be the starfield thread. GS reviews have really gone down hill recently and all the cows really came out of the woodwork. Guess they were too happy after the disaster of a 2023 they had to release some of their bitterness and stress.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hardwenzen

Don't pay attention to worst, but the best was of course the Redfall thread😁

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44337 Posts

Best was the Tears of the Kingdom thread.

Hard to pick just one for Worst thread around here though. Could pick any number of one of Daredevils many locked threads along with a number of others. 😅

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SolidGame_basic
@super600 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

At one point it was literally 2-3 cows(one of them actually went after me) and a fakeboy trying to keep the starfield hype thread active while everyone else was doing something else.

Let me guess.. one of those people was hardwenzen lol.

@TheEroica said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

You are welcome! And Playstation portal remains an undercooked turd that is maximum disippoint. Interested.... Yes! Underdelivered? Absolutely. 😢

Lol I love mine. It still continues to be sold out, so Sony did something right. Now they have to evolve it!

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Lol, don't even remember any threads. Don't waste mental space holding onto them.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

@super600: first of all. If you're going to call someone out without @ them, then I'll do it. **** you @super600. You wanna talk about the Starfield thread? And how you modded me cause I said "Xbot"... And "that's not in the rules" you can only use system wars terms. And I asked you if any other term was ok to use. Like Sony pony, Xbro, sony Fannie, Xbox Fannie. You told me NO. and those would be warned and taken care of. Those terms are still thrown around and I haven't seen any messages deleted. So before you underhandedly call me out on here, get your shit right.

Edit. If his dumbass bans me, I had a great time with you all. Except him. FN idiot

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Last_Lap

Well this thread is interesting, so because I have a memory of a Goldfi...what was I saying....oh yeah i'm gonna vote this one for the best as there are people wishing ill will on others and someone trying to get a ban lol.

The worst was probably Stanfield's because as hard as the poster above me and wenzen tried to put shit on the game they failed miserably.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 UItravioIence

@last_lap: nah. We both know Starfield flopped. No one even really cares too much about it. I just like to bring up how much it failed and how Microsoft spent BILLIONS for it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:
@super600 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Let me guess.. one of those people was hardwenzen lol.

I kept the magnificent Starfield AND Infinite thread alive on life support for some time. Big achievements, honestly. When the mediocre Hellblade2 comes out, i will keep it active as well, so no worries there🤡

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Archangel3371  Online

First meltdown of the year and it’s about Starfield. Very impressive. 😂

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Last_Lap

@uitravioience said:

@last_lap: nah. We both know Starfield flopped. No one even really cares too much about it. I just like to bring up how much it failed and how Microsoft spent BILLIONS for it.

Nah, you were asking for other cows to help you out. I was one of the few who actually posted that GS would give it a 7.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Archangel3371  Online

The meltdown continues. Very good. 😂

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By UItravioIence

@Archangel3371: Im not too concerned

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3449 Posts

Solid just keeps creating terrible threads, difficult to judge.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Archangel3371  Online

@uitravioience: Obviously. 😅

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 UItravioIence

@Archangel3371: that's crazy 🤣

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Archangel3371  Online

Very crazy indeed. 😅

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 UItravioIence

@Archangel3371: I know, right 🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13041 Posts

Cows still salty that Starfield nailed it.