Borderlands 3 is now Timely exclusive on Epic Store this September! Sink or Swim?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

From the pages of PC Gamer just confirm Borderlands 3 will be launching exclusive to Epic store on PC! Oh well, guess I'll be picking it up from Epic, nothing new their.

BL3 Steam version will release in April 2020.

The Epic Games Store is the Future of PC Gaming! Said no one ever

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

I'll just keep playing Warframe and wait till April 2020, then. Ivara Prime is coming in December anyway.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

To hell with Steam and Epic. I’m getting it on the Xbox One. :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59326 Posts

It kinda looked like an expansion pack anyway, so, it was a steam sale regardless. Now it's just something I'll forget about until it pops up again.

Randy Pichford (in his current predicament) trying to spin it into a positive, piss off you pleb.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Only 6 months exclusivity this time... stand firm, the tides are turning.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

It kinda looked like an expansion pack anyway, so, it was a steam sale regardless. Now it's just something I'll forget about until it pops up again.

Randy Pichford (in his current predicament) trying to spin it into a positive, piss off you pleb.

Randy Perveford was hyping this and he got what he wanted despite it's lala not his called if BL3 goes Epic timely exclusive.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

Title makes it sound like Epic Store is the only way to get the game.

Everyone can play it this September. PC gamers will just have to get it through the Epic Store if they want to play it early:

Borderlands 3 is launching on September 13th on the Xbox One, PS4, and PC — though the PC version will be exclusive to the Epic Store

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

@enzyme36 said:

Only 6 months exclusivity this time... stand firm, the tides are turning.

So PC exclusivity is really a year....because we know that most Steam users will buy when this game is discounted.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

?‍☠️

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

TBH that game kinda looks like a Borderlands 2 DLC (like Pre-Sequel).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Wasn't going to buy the game anyways

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

Eh at least they didn't make promises and then lie to people.....

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Personally getting it on PS4 and already pre-ordered...Diamond collection. Yes I have a problem.

I'm not a PC gamer but my general view of this is that it's not really a big issue. Epic store has come along and taken business away from steam. Seems like publishers couldn't wait to get away from steam and obviously steam needs to do something fast if they want to reclaim their business. Fans can defend whoever they want but money has the loudest voice.

ShadowDragon78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShadowDragon78
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts

Since it's been delayed until Apr 2020, atleast for me. I will be buying it for my Xbox one X first, then get it on steam when it releases there. I am curious about the cross platform thing, if it will carry over progress between platforms..

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

From console wars to launcher wars on PC...lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator

@anthonyautumns said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Kind of sad it looks reaaaaaally similar to Borderlands 2. A change of scenery could have been nice. As long as it doesn't have microtransaction to get good guns sort of bullshit, should be fun regardless.

Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Enragedhydra
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

It really doesn't matter, all these games are going to end up on Steam regardless so I think a lot of people will just go dive into their backlog.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@Zidaneski: exactly if steam was so great these big franchises wouldnt be running from them, eventually gabe has to get off his yacht and compete, rebuild your brand, come out with a new portal or TF3. Anything but another greedy micro transaction card game you still make people buy into. Offer the,same cut as epic and epic will die, gabe need stop being greedy, either compete or lose your ground.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@davillain- said:
@anthonyautumns said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Kind of sad it looks reaaaaaally similar to Borderlands 2. A change of scenery could have been nice. As long as it doesn't have microtransaction to get good guns sort of bullshit, should be fun regardless.

They should had changed the art style of the sceneries. BL3 is expected to be on a different planet since there should be no more vaults on the current planet according to BL 2 ending.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

September 13...X1X...Day fucking 1!!!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34773 Posts

If I get the game, it'll be on Steam.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

It would be so funny if the Epic store put Steam store out of business, the hermits would lose their minds, it would be...….Epic lol.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34773 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

It would be so funny if the Epic store put Steam store out of business, the hermits would lose their minds, it would be...….Epic lol.

Yeah. It's always fun when gamers suffer.

Steam closing would mean Epic has free game to do whatever the hell they want without any real competition to worry about. I get that you don't care about PC gaming, but hoping PC gamers suffer for "the lulz" is pretty shitty.

It would be so funny if Microsoft shut down with all their consoles and studios ending Forza, Gears and Halo forever. Xbox gamers would be so dissapointed. So funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@hitmanactual: yeah it'll be best played on the X. Best online service and most powerful console. Pretty much a no brainier.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Does this really matter? The console version will outsell the PC version like every other multiplat under the sun regardless of what launcher it comes on. ??‍♂️

Hermits will bitch and moan about EGS, but Epic is actually doing the right thing by paying devs more and giving Steam actual competition. Steam's customer support and download speeds were atrocious until Origin started providing a superior alternative.

What have hermits done to even deserve Epic's respect? These childish assholes just review bomb the games of devs who have the audacity to not join the eternal circle jerk around Gabe Newell and brag about buying their games for cheap from grey market key resellers.

Keep killing your own ecosystem, hermits. Gamers and Devs will continue to not give a ****. ??‍♂️

mumunaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mumunaro
Member since 2015 • 162 Posts

As far as im concerned, the game official release date is when its available on other platforms.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

TImed exclusives even on pc launchers gaming getting crazy.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Never expected to see timed exclusives on PC.

Not sure I like where gaming is headed these days.

@Rockman999 said:

Does this really matter? The console version will outsell the PC version like every other multiplat under the sun regardless of what launcher it comes on. ??‍♂️

Hermits will bitch and moan about EGS, but Epic is actually doing the right thing by paying devs more and giving Steam actual competition. Steam's customer support and download speeds were atrocious until Origin started providing a superior alternative.

What have hermits done to even deserve Epic's respect? These childish assholes just review bomb the games of devs who have the audacity to not join the eternal circle jerk around Gabe Newell and brag about buying their games for cheap from grey market key resellers.

Keep killing your own ecosystem, hermits. Gamers and Devs will continue to not give a ****. ??‍♂️

Giving Steam competition by hurting consumers isn't a good thing. If they offered a superior platform, that was more feature-rich than Steam AND gave developers more money, then so be it, but they are purposefully trying to subvert Steam without giving the consumer the ability to choose.

If I were to buy BL3, it would be on Steam, since that's where I have most of the other games I've purchased, and where all my real-life friends who I would play the game with are. If my friends were on GOG, and BL3 were on GOG, that would be my absolute preferred platform, since it's DRM free and consumer-focused.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

@foxhound_fox: Man you people are really being obtuse over a god damned launcher. ??? Jesus fucking christ, just add the game to your steam library and play with your friends.

I'd never thought I'd see hermits fight for a for a god damned Monopoly in their "completely free and open platform". ??‍♂️

This isn't hurting consumers, nothing is preventing consumers from buying BL3(obviously its not out yet), this is only hurting the stubborn fanboys that are still clinging to Gabe Newell's massive digital cock in the form of a digital storefront in hopes that big daddy Gabe would bless them with a Half Life 3 release. ??‍♂️

I say this as someone with over a hundred games on Steam, over 30 on Origin, 18 or so on GOG, 8 on Uplay and maybe 3 or 4 on EGS ; I don't give a damn about which launcher my game is on. Grow up and get over your corporate infatuation.