blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16582 Posts

Not many reviews on this but one youtuber thinks that this game is absolutely worth buying now and is a fantastic game. I guess CP is back on my buying list.

And redfall will also be fantastic...the support for it is guaranteed, because its on gamepass. Heck yeah!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59211 Posts

It's great when it takes 5 months for the game you bought to be good.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11805 Posts

The melee system still has the massive flaw of only being able to focus on one enemy at a time and the game throws multiple enemies at you. Seriously who gave the greenlight on this mechanic?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46498 Posts

I bought it two weeks after launch at an official store for 40 euro and had no issue with shader compilation stutter (was patched out) and had a great time.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

It's great when it takes 5 months for the game you bought to be good.

or just don't buy day one releases

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 916 Posts

1 random youtuber saying the game is good now doesn't really convince me. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10508 Posts

only 5 years can fix that game. i..e start again

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#8  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17852 Posts

Still bad CPU optimization for RT and no DLSS 3 to combat it. Will continue to pass for now unless I see a cheap PC key somewhere.

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

I just bought this game this morning. 30 bucks isn't to bad. I look forward to trying it out

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39469 Posts

The game can't be salvaged. The level design is pathetic. The combat system is ridiculously shitty. You're fighting the same looking enemy the whole game.

Patches won't change the core of this title. Its the biggest disappointment in years, and patches won't change that.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Yup that's what I do, wait for it to be fixed on PC + sale.

Sure beats playing the permanently shitty console version or broken launch-day PC version.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44637 Posts

Curious what new additions he's talking about are put behind the expansion pass paywall.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

It's a mediocre game whether the performance issues are fixed or not.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k

@BassMan said:

Still bad CPU optimization for RT and no DLSS 3 to combat it. Will continue to pass for now unless I see a cheap PC key somewhere.

AMD exlusive games lock me out of DLAA and the RT they come with has been awful a lot of times (Resident Evil)

I don't like it one bit.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BassMan
@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

AMD exlusive games lock me out of DLAA and the RT they come with has been awful a lot of times (Resident Evil)

I don't like it one bit.

Not only do they lock you out of additional Nvidia features, but features like FSR are inferior to DLSS anyway. So, it doesn't matter if u can use them on Nvidia if the quality is shit. I hate AMD sponsored games with a passion. Features should not be excluded if people have the hardware to run them.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k

@BassMan said:

Not only do they lock you out of additional Nvidia features, but features like FSR are inferior to DLSS anyway. So, it doesn't matter if u can use them on Nvidia if the quality is shit. I hate AMD sponsored games with a passion. Features should not be excluded if people have the hardware to run them.

I've actually seen FSR degress. Before it was a good upscaler and sharpen algorithm but in RE4r it was just really blurry and I heard how in Jedi it doesn't even work.

I hope some really smart modders find a way to make DLSS work in every single FSR/TAA game. I'm actively avoiding AMD sponsored titles at the moment.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen: how would you know? You haven't even played it, just watched YouTube videos like you did for halo. This game might be worth checking out in a few more months.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39469 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: how would you know? You haven't even played it, just watched YouTube videos like you did for halo. This game might be worth checking out in a few more months.

Who else have played this garbage on SW? Tell me. People usually don't waste their time on guaranteed dumpster fire. Your excuse of playing a shitty game sound as dumb as if you quoted me in 2020 and told me how i knew about NFT's being a laughable scam when i have never invested INTO A JPEG🤣🤣🤣

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1262 Posts

I rented it . Its ok on easy. If you were starved for more Dead Space and the remake wasn't a thing , worth playing at a discount.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56297 Posts

@BassMan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

I don't like it one bit.

That should be illegal for not having both features regardless who's sponsoring the game. As of matter in fact, no one shouldn't be sponsoring on a brand just to have a exclusive feature and it's been proven DLSS is way above to FSR.

As for Callisto Protocol, I enjoy it to a degree and the game was beautiful but the combat is left to be desired. We're supposed to be getting SP DLC soon but since Dead Space Remake was far superior to Callisto Protocol, I don't see myself replaying the at all unless the DLC is super cheap down the road.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1273 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

I don't like it one bit.

RE4 Remake has a DLSS/DLAA mod floating on the internet at least. But yeah, FSR is just doodoo, and AMD should do something about it. Maybe make their own tensor cores.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k

@davillain said:

That should be illegal for not having both features regardless who's sponsoring the game. As of matter in fact, no one shouldn't be sponsoring on a brand just to have a exclusive feature and it's been proven DLSS is way above to FSR.

As for Callisto Protocol, I enjoy it to a degree and the game was beautiful but the combat is left to be desired. We're supposed to be getting SP DLC soon but since Dead Space Remake was far superior to Callisto Protocol, I don't see myself replaying the at all unless the DLC is super cheap down the road.

I enjoyed Callisto's combat simply because I went all in on the GRIP and melee at first, it felt visceral and satisfying and I had a knack for the combat in hard mode.

Then later on in the game, second part of the game, only then did I start upgrading my firearms and it really clicked for me.

Pacing was off the charts, so good! Having played Callisto, Dead Space and RE4 remake back to back I had a chance to remember how good pacing in games can be. Open world and live service games truly have the worst kind of pacing.

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1078 Posts

@uninspiredcup: 😂😂 Exactly. Your post nail it.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18809 Posts

@regnaston: "or just don't buy day one releases"

2004 was probably the last time I bought a game at full price.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22401 Posts

Game still looks too cinematic for me.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44376 Posts

It might still be something I pick up down the road when it’s dirt cheap or better yet hits Game Pass.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blaznwiipspman1

@hrt_rulz01: yeah, I don't fully understand that complaint. Sometimes its good to sit back and enjoy the cinematics as well. They can add to the story line in great ways. The point is not to over power the gameplay with cinematics, and spam them. Things like qte and unskippable cinematic sequences and walking sequences are the worst. Forcing you to watch the cinematic by throwing in a single qte near the end of the sequence. These kinds of pratices give all narrative driven games a bad rep sadly. Movies and cinematics themselves aren't bad in themself, it just needs to be done properly imo.

Thankfully that kind of stuff is not as bad as it used to be. Even for CP, in the youtube review they mention that you can skip cinematics completely now. Before it used to be forced on you. They also decreased animation time for weapons. I will be checking out the game at some point...maybe black friday...I can get harry potter and cp as well.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3741 Posts

If you've already played dead space, why would you care about this game?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BassMan

I gave in and finally bought this game as it is on sale on Epic Game Store and you get an additional 25% off coupon. Anyway, a new patch dropped today that fixed the raised black levels in HDR. You can now adjust a slider without crushing the blacks. The game also has minimal stutters now from what I can tell. CPU optimization has also been improved, but is still the main bottleneck when using RT.

I ran the benchmark at 3440x1440 max settings, full RT, no upscaling and averaged 78fps on a 5950X and 4090. I averaged 140fps when disabling RT. I was CPU bottlenecked in both cases. You can also enable FSR for more fps with lesser GPUs, but you will take a hit to image quality and introduce artifacts. So, the game is now in a fairly playable state on a technical level and I would no longer consider it broken. I would still like to see better CPU optimization to take advantage of more threads or at least DLSS3 implemented to help bypass the bottleneck. It sucks that this is an AMD sponsored title though and there are deals behind the scenes preventing this.

As for the game itself, it is not great, mainly because the combat is not very good and is more like a glorified QTE without the on screen prompts. The combat gets old really quick. Dead Space it is not. However, it is worth playing for the atmosphere and presentation. Honestly, it kinda reminds me of Ryse: Son of Rome... a game with good presentation and bad repetitive combat.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7269 Posts

Brought on sale a while ago still in backlog noticed it's had about 3 updates on console already.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#31 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I played this back at release and enjoyed it enough. I’ve waited to do a replay for these patches to come through. Maybe if there’s a lull in my backlog this summer I’ll return for a run and see how it compares.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

But is it still a tight space squeeze through-er?

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

The state of the industry is so sad if we allow games to be "improved" 6-12 months after they originally launch. Remember when developers had to ship a game that was fundamentally good and didn't get the grace of internet updates....

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BassMan

@mysticaldonut said:

The state of the industry is so sad if we allow games to be "improved" 6-12 months after they originally launch. Remember when developers had to ship a game that was fundamentally good and didn't get the grace of internet updates....

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56297 Posts

@zassimick said:

I played this back at release and enjoyed it enough. I’ve waited to do a replay for these patches to come through. Maybe if there’s a lull in my backlog this summer I’ll return for a run and see how it compares.

Man, where have you been all this time? Are you really back for good this time?