Come on you guys you're all SO DRAMATIC!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GanonBuRAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 GanonBuRAP
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

I've seen like 8 topics about "OMG the wii is gonna ruin/kill/destry the future of shooters/games/hardcore gamers/gaming industry." LOL it's pathetic. Whatever your gripe is with the Wii, dont act like a freaken dramaqueen and start talking about crap like it's gonna kill gaming.

Dont worry, your Gears of War 3, Call of Duty 9, KillZone 6 and Generic Shooter #123123 will all be there in a few years, fully intact, while the wii caters to a different audeince with some more casual games.

All's well. So relax, and go enjoy some Assassin's Creed, or Uncharted, some Mass Effect, or maybe even some Cookin' Mama.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#2 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Yeah, I've always wondered why hardcore gamers are so hostile towards casual gaming. It makes absolutely no sense.

And hardcore gamers wonder why the general public looks down upon gaming.

Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
My thoughts exactly. The PS2 also catered to the casual crowd HEAVILY - and it obviously didn't ruin gaming.
Avatar image for distrbdslipsoad
distrbdslipsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 distrbdslipsoad
Member since 2004 • 17458 Posts
we all were casuals at one point. who knows, they might mature into avid gamers some day.
Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
we all were casuals at one point. who knows, they might mature into avid gamers some day. distrbdslipsoad
That's what I was thinking. IMO, it's great that casuals and non-gamers are interested in the Wii - it will inevitably create more hardcore gamers.
GanonBuRAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 GanonBuRAP
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

Hehehe everyone in this thread so far has used capitals, punctuation and full sentences. ZomGawdz it's likea record. All the crazy rabbid fanboy haters have nothing to say in their defense :( COME ON OUT! I want to hear your justification for fearing the wii will "END GAMING AS WE KNOW IT!"

Avatar image for distrbdslipsoad
distrbdslipsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 distrbdslipsoad
Member since 2004 • 17458 Posts

[QUOTE="distrbdslipsoad"]we all were casuals at one point. who knows, they might mature into avid gamers some day. Erkidu
That's what I was thinking. IMO, it's great that casuals and non-gamers are interested in the Wii - it will inevitably create more hardcore gamers.

i've said this before, but i honestly believe that was nintendo's plan all along: introduce a short burst of entertainment, hook with the meat of the industry (that being hardcore games). just look at where the DS is taking people.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts
Casuals won't stay casual forever.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
While the Wii continues to lack really any good shooters? You're the typical basher of all shooting games.
Avatar image for TheTerribleFish
TheTerribleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheTerribleFish
Member since 2005 • 1793 Posts
Casual gaming destroys casual gaming. Not hardcore. Hardcore gaming have 3 platforms to florish on. Why the hospitality towards the wii? It is an awesome console for my nintendo thirst.