deactivated-64fbf588222fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-64fbf588222fb
Member since 2021 • 1253 Posts

I think console publishers found smell of profit in PC gaming and releasing all console games on PC slowly.What else could be the reason for such move?

Well?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44313 Posts

Console gaming dying? No, not at all. It simply just makes good business sense to make games on most all available platforms. I feel like we just had this thread not long ago.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24971 Posts

But But But I heard from some user that AAA PC exclusive dead and only AAA games matter. and if game not AAA its not count.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#4 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17835 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Console gaming dying? No, not at all. It simply just makes good business sense to make games on most all available platforms. I feel like we just had this thread not long ago.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45263 Posts

@BassMan said:
@Archangel3371 said:

^

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3482 Posts

I don't think so. I feel there are more gamers nowadays.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2252 Posts

@Archangel3371: to be fair if ghost is allowed to make the same horrible threads again and again, why shouldn’t this be allowed again?:)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44313 Posts

@djoffer123: Yeah, fair point. Not really saying it should be locked or anything. It just seemed kind of recent.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11620 Posts

Well PC is the system wars champion so it would make sense.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44611 Posts

Publishing would probably be the biggest consideration. Physical format for consoles requires paying royalties in advance of sale whereas digital royalties have their cut taken from the purchase.

As far as exclusivity arrangements with console makers publishers now definitely negotiate having ability to publish on PC at same times as the consoles and that's smart, and with MS/Sony their deals seem more about keeping content away from their competitors than they are about limiting it to just their system.

I think long term though we could see more consumer support of digital gaming on consoles, that's been a slowly shifting trend over time, and with that I think this might alleviate a lot of developer apprehension toward console publishing, and I think it already has a great deal through much of the 8th gen. We have seen a ton more independently developed/published games going to PS/XB digital storefronts.

I don't think console gaming is dying but the dynamics of a competitive market have shifted quite a bit these last couple generations.

Right now MS has been improving their UWP environment for a few years now and Sony is playing catch-up but I feel eventually both will come to support a bridged console/PC ecosystems to bridge their entitlements and quality of life features.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11155 Posts

PC gaming needs to be more popular, but that doesn't mean both can't co-exist. These crypto fads have been the only thing preventing PC gaming from breaking out like it should

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1467 Posts

It appears that those publishers are just looking to increase their profits, as the console market seems growing more steadily than the PC gaming market. According to Newzoo:

• Despite ongoing supply chain constraints, console games will generate $58.6 billion in 2022, growing +8.4% year on year.
  • PC game revenues will grow slightly slower than console but will still show a +1.9% increase to $41.0 billion in 2022.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@st_monica said:

It appears that those publishers are just looking to increase their profits, as the console market seems growing more steadily than the PC gaming market. According to Newzoo:

• Despite ongoing supply chain constraints, console games will generate $58.6 billion in 2022, growing +8.4% year on year.
  • PC game revenues will grow slightly slower than console but will still show a +1.9% increase to $41.0 billion in 2022.

While that's true that's still a single platform vs the whole console market,wich is kind of impressive for a platform that was "dead" some years ago and now is the biggest single platform revenue wise as far as the core gaming market is concerned.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

"PlayStation games will never go to pc"

You might try to change your narrative cows...but no,and when day one release come to pc,you will be reminded of the "No day one on pc" narrative 🤣

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1467 Posts
@MrYaotubo said:
@st_monica said:

While that's true that's still a single platform vs the whole console market,wich is kind of impressive for a platform that was "dead" some years ago and now is the biggest single platform revenue wise as far as the core gaming market is concerned.

Thank China, because much of the growth in the PC gaming market to date has been due to the growth of the Chinese gaming market.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

No, Smart Phones are pushing both out. So both MS/Sony are giving their games to PC as well to maximize profits, more than ever before.

It ends up a HUGE net win for PC gamers. There is a reason we had over 100 more high scoring games than the second next system last gen, and I think the lead is almost already as large this gen. This is right around the time SW (and the SW off-shoots) stopped playing the meta-game, because it got pointless due to PC's lead.

@MrYaotubo said:
@st_monica said:

And I think Covid and crypto is to blame for most of that. It made PC hardware prices insane, all while consoles launched a new gen. It should get better.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

I think we’re getting close. Console exclusivity (except Nintendo for now) will soon cease to exist.

Once cloud services/connectivity gets better there will be no need for anyone to have a “console” box. PC will live on in a sense because people need them for other things besides gaming and they can take advantage of cloud services too. Best part of cloud is that people who can’t upgrade their machines by not wanting to pay scalper prices, can still play the latest games.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5271 Posts

It does not matter if the major publishers or a majority of publishers seem to prefer the PC platform, as long as consumers continue to buy and support home consoles. Right now, consumer support for home consoles is still strong.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: Agreed!

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

There will always be a demand for an appliance like hardware and software experience

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#22 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts

Consoles doomed since 1972 (TM)

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1262 Posts

Same as PC dying since 1980 something.

SirBernard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 SirBernard
Member since 2021 • 18 Posts

No not at all. If anything, they're finally starting to see the potential of the PC market.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2947 Posts

@Jag85: Consoles were actually nearly doomed when ET was released on Atari 2600 back in the 1980s. But then came the NES and Super Mario Bros and saved the day.

Maybe some PC fans would love a world without consoles as they usually prevent PC from fully utilizing its powerful hardware in console designed games, but consoles ain't going anywhere.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jag85

@pmanden: I know. The 1983 video game crash is pretty well known among retro gamers. Though ET gets more blame than it deserves. The crash was more complex than just ET killing consoles.

Problem is that PC and console fans think it's a zero-sum game. A world without consoles won't help the PC market, or vice versa.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10484 Posts

@kazumakiryu21 said:

I think console publishers found smell of profit in PC gaming and releasing all console games on PC slowly.What else could be the reason for such move?

Well?

hth

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8489 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@pmanden: I know. The 1983 video game crash is pretty well known among retro gamers. Though ET gets more blame than it deserves. The crash was more complex than just ET killing consoles.

Problem is that PC and console fans think it's a zero-sum game. A world without consoles won't help the PC market, or vice versa.

Wrong! PC gaming will survive just fine without consoles. You may not have big AAA with bloated budgets/production values/performance capture but it will still be fine. Actually I would say the market will shift more towards gameplay focussed games. On the other hand consoles wouldn't even exist if there's no PC gaming. All the hardware, APIs, software tech that goes into consoles is subsidized by PC gaming without which companies like AMD/Intel/Nvidia have no incentive to waste Money on R&D.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8870 Posts

@kazumakiryu21 said:

Well?

Have you ever heard Sony, Ninendo, or Microsoft saying "our consoles compete with the PC platform."?

That's rhetorical, because the answer is that they do not not, and never have. Only in fanboy forums is PC a competing platform to consoles.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17839 Posts

No i dont think it's dying. I just dont think it (or the PC for that matter) are expanding fast enough to support modern AAA production budgets on their own. Publishers need to combine them and even MS and Sony are accepting that now.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Uncharted and co on the Xbox and Halo and so on on the Playstation before the end of gen.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jag85
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:

Wrong! PC gaming will survive just fine without consoles. You may not have big AAA with bloated budgets/production values/performance capture but it will still be fine. Actually I would say the market will shift more towards gameplay focussed games. On the other hand consoles wouldn't even exist if there's no PC gaming. All the hardware, APIs, software tech that goes into consoles is subsidized by PC gaming without which companies like AMD/Intel/Nvidia have no incentive to waste Money on R&D.

You're completely missing the point. In a dream scenario where consoles were to hypothetically disappear, the PC gaming market would not grow one single bit as a result. It's not a zero-sum game. That's not how markets work. The presence of consoles is not hurting the PC market in any way. I don't see how anything you said has any relevance to what I just said.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56227 Posts

@Jag85: @pmanden: Atari ET was the final nail in the coffin thus the gaming crash was unavoidable which isn't the game's fault. Funny thing is, ET game was my first and only Atari 2600 my parents could afford me despite they gave me SNES which was my first gaming console. ET game from what I remember/played was meh...but then again, I never watch the actual movie so that apart made me dislike the game more so.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8489 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:

You're completely missing the point. In a dream scenario where consoles were to hypothetically disappear, the PC gaming market would not grow one single bit as a result. It's not a zero-sum game. That's not how markets work. The presence of consoles is not hurting the PC market in any way. I don't see how anything you said has any relevance to what I just said.

I wasn't saying that consoles affect PC market, or have any affect on its growth or decline. I misunderstood, I thought you're saying that a world without consoles will negatively affect the PC. That's why I said it's actually the complete opposite.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2947 Posts

@davillain: You had only one game for your Atari, and that game was ET? Ouch, man that is tough. I had Donkey Kong, Smurf and Atlantis which were all pretty decent.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I think it just shows that they dont consider PC competition enough to take sales from the respective consoles. It makes sense, there are different types of gamers, those that prefer the freedom of PC and those that prefer the ease of a console. Nintendo should take note too since we get to play their games anyway, they may as well sell them on Steam and make some money.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7204 Posts

@simple-facts said:

"PlayStation games will never go to pc"

You might try to change your narrative cows...but no,and when day one release come to pc,you will be reminded of the "No day one on pc" narrative 🤣

When is the last time ps players was saying this? years ago?

xbox fans needs to change there come backs.

day one on pc. not one game has yet so.

ps player know there games are going to pc.

ps players are actually all for it. most of them any ways.

more money for sony first party = reason why each company are working on 2 or more title at a time.

insomniac spiderman 2 and wolverine

naughty fractions and another game already been confirmed. on top of last of us remake

santa monica gow and a space game.

now sony needs to get the rest of there teams to grow.

so we can get ghost 2 and a 2nd game from sucker punch.