Dead Space remake comes out January 27th!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45314 Posts

https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/12/23068873/ea-dead-space-release-date-art-livestream

In a day filled with news of disappointing but not wholly unexpected postponements, it seems like the Dead Space remake is coming along nicely enough for the developers to commit to a release date. Today, in a developer livestream, the team at EA’s Motive Studio announced the remake to 2008’s survival horror smash hit will launch January 27th while also showing off the work put into giving the game a fresh coat of bloody paint.

Though the livestream was plagued by several technical hiccups, it was primarily focused on the art of the Dead Space remake. The developer team outlined three pillars that underpin the game’s uniquely horrifying look and feel:

• Horror storytelling. Dead Space is, obviously, set in space but sci-fi isn’t in the visual driver’s seat, it’s all the spooky stuff.
  • Immersion. The developers stressed that their goal is to ensure players will be scared of what’s in front of them.
  • A lived-in world. Every object, from the plasma cutters to the health tanks, tells a story and has a meaning.

The livestream dove into the technical process of rebuilding a Dead Space level from the ground up. There were lots of before and after shots of items, the updates made to Isaac’s iconic space suit, and short clips of Isaac walking around updated levels. At the end of the livestream, the team put together all the visual pillars and concepts highlighted previously in a short in-game demo.

This is the third presentation on the development of the Dead Space remake. A few months ago, EA Motive held a similar livestream centered on the game’s audio, and before that, fans were treated to the very first look at the remake. With the release date set for January 27th, EA also announced that fans would get a full reveal of the game later this year to coincide with spooky season.

Sounds like it will come out before Starfield 🤣 thoughts, SW? You excited for Dead Space remake? I’m a fan of the first two so it’s a resounding yes for me!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#2 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17847 Posts

I love the Dead Space series and I am very much looking forward to the remake.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

Alan wake 2 will humiliate this useless remake of an overrated franchise.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts

As long as it isn't anything like Dead Space 3, I'm all for another Dead Space game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

useless remake of an overrated franchise.

Don't you keep asking for those though?

I remember a thread from you just a week ago with the OP being just that.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7266 Posts

Looking forward to it even though I had horrible flashbacks of the PS3 version.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#7 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Eh. I had some fun with the original Dead Space and Dead Space 2. Too much reliance on jumpscares and in-your-face body horror, though. Solidly made games, if not particularly spectacular or original. Similar in category to Resident Evil, Alan Wake and the likes - doesn't hold a candle to System Shock 2 or old Silent Hill games.

I'll keep half an eye on it.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Alan Wake wasnt anything special and Dead Space took a necromorph shit all over it. Same will likely happen again with DSR vs AW2.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70008 Posts

I look forward to the improvement over the first.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pedro
@robert_sparkes said:

Looking forward to it even though I had horrible flashbacks of the PS3 version.

What was wrong with the PS3 verison?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VFighter

@Pedro: If we were talking about Bayonetta on the ps3 he'd have a good point as it was a horrible port, but I cant remember anything wrong with the ps3 version of DS?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pedro

@vfighter said:

@Pedro: If we were talking about Bayonetta on the ps3 he'd have a good point as it was a horrible port, but I cant remember anything wrong with the ps3 version of DS?

Loading Video...

This vid shows the performance being about the same with the 360. I played it on the PS3 and I can't recall any issues personally.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

Really enjoyed Dead Space 1 and 2 and even thought Dead Space 3 was a decent game. Am definitely looking forward to this remake.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16576 Posts

@ghosts4ever: lmao what the heck is your problem with dead space. It's a great game and franchise.

I agree that a remake of the game sounds useless though. If they're just going to make it higher resolution then it should just be a $10 patch, but I'm sure EA will milk people for the full $70 like crooks.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@SolidGame_basic: why wouldn't a freaking remake come along nicely? Have you heard of a single remake/remaster being delayed? All the work has already been done, they just bump up the textures and resolution then ring it in.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

@ghosts4ever: dead space shits all over Alan wake

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

I played too much of DS1. If they were remaking DS2, which i somehow skipped the original, i'd be all over it. What i do hope is that the remake sells well, gives them a sign that people are interested in the series, and we get a proper reboot of the series (maybe even in first person, which could be sick).

Callisto Protocol is where its at for me, and i don't know why the f they aren't showing anything about it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#18 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Yeah I loved the first one. Im looking forward to it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BassMan

@Pedro said:
@vfighter said:

Loading Video...

This vid shows the performance being about the same with the 360. I played it on the PS3 and I can't recall any issues personally.

You could also inject AO through NVCP back in the day which made the game even more impressive on PC.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 VFighter

@blaznwiipspman1: It's not a remaster it's a remake, meaning they're building the game from the ground up.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BassMan
@hardwenzen said:

I played too much of DS1. If they were remaking DS2, which i somehow skipped the original, i'd be all over it. What i do hope is that the remake sells well, gives them a sign that people are interested in the series, and we get a proper reboot of the series (maybe even in first person, which could be sick).

Callisto Protocol is where its at for me, and i don't know why the f they aren't showing anything about it.

If you had a GPU, you could play Dead Space 2 on PC as it still holds up well. However, you claim to not have a backlog even though you clearly skip games that interest you. Imagine only playing games that are new and then waiting for a remake when you can just play it at good quality on PC. LOL

Console gaming.... always at the mercy of the devs.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:

If you had a GPU, you could play Dead Space 2 on PC as it still holds up well. However, you claim to not have a backlog even though you clearly skip games that interest you. Imagine waiting for a remake when you can just play it at good quality on PC. LOL

Console gaming.... always at the mercy of the devs.

It doesn't hold up at all. I don't want to play some old ass shit. I had a chance to do so for over a decade, and i never cared. I want a proper remake, not some Switch visuals in 2022.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blaznwiipspman1

@vfighter said:

@blaznwiipspman1: It's not a remaster it's a remake, meaning they're building the game from the ground up.

remake? lol. Its a remaster. Its not like the ff7 remake, where they went from 2d/3d blent into a full first person 3d view. DS1 looks great even by todays standards. How will they remake the game...are they going to start padding it up and split it into 3 games like ff7R?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

I love the Dead Space series so yeah, I'm hyped for the Remake and glad it's getting it cause Dead Space relied on framerates whenever you dismember Necromorphes the limbs react to the framerates and that needs to be fixed.

As for the release date, I always take them with a grind of salt. Altman be praised.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#26 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59163 Posts

Still feels pointless to me.

Sure sell well, regardless.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7266 Posts

For me I remember having various stuttering issues on dead space on PS3 from what I vaguely remember.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59163 Posts

@robert_sparkes: On PC even at released it was extremely undemanding. Even with it being a lazy ass port job.

Game still looks decent, watercolour textures but the lighting makes up for it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

Not sure what to expect. Seemed from videos I have seen they're sticking to same game layout, new game engine with modern lighting and audio, adding more content in the environment for flair, to make it feel more appropriate for its setting, filling the dead open halls with say workstations, inventory crates and supplies, etc. But curious if it will have same gameplay scripting or attempt a ground up remake of the campaign. Will they be using same enemy designs or take new liberties with them. Will Isaac's powers be in line with original or will they say add abilities of other games to it like tearing off limbs or picking up rods with telekinesis and pinning enemies to the walls with them, or more robust weapon modifications and building like DS3 had. Will they keep Issac mostly silent or add dialog to his character? We shall see.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@lamprey263: It's been confirmed Issac will have a voice in this Remake and bringing the character to life is what they planned since the beginning of this Remake.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VFighter

@blaznwiipspman1: That's a lot of stupid for one post 🤣 FF7R is "full first person 3d view".

It's a full remake not a remaster, not sure what's so hard to grasp with that.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

Excited? No. But if I'd ever want to replay the first Dead Space, and this remake isn't terrible, I might get it sometime later. Still think the original looks and plays good, so it's a bit whatever.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

TBH they should just remake 3 and create it the way it was originally attended to be until stupid EA ruined it.

Loading Video...
my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1258 Posts

I hope it's more then just a visual upgrade... but will likely check it out regadless at some point.

Should've just gone with a sequel in the first place. It's not like they were going to reinvent the wheel if they did.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45314 Posts

Wowza