Digital Foundry blown away by Star Citizen trailer, talks about utterly disappointing Starfield is.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Shots Fired!!

Digital Foundry blown away by Star Citizen trailer, talks about how much fun it is & then goes off on just how utterly disappointing Starfield was on Xbox. How it didn't deliver a sense of scale, it felt tiny. Tons of loading. Star Citizen makes them excited for space games.

What say you SW's?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44403 Posts

Oh no!

Anyway. 😅

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13076 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Shots Fired!!

Digital Foundry blown away by Star Citizen trailer, talks about how much fun it is & then goes off on just how utterly disappointing Starfield was on Xbox. How it didn't deliver a sense of scale, it felt tiny. Tons of loading. Star Citizen makes them excited for space games.

What say you SW's?

lol @ the bleeding blue cow, Red Dragon having a fit because PS has no games, so he posts a video comparing two PC games lol. If only PS had games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56311 Posts

"Digital Foundry blown away by Star Citizen trailer, talks about utterly disappointing Starfield is"

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

O how awesome. Guess we’ll see it’s release in 2054.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Heil68

@kvallyx said:
@Heil68 said:

Shots Fired!!

What say you SW's?

lol @ the bleeding blue cow, Red Dragon having a fit because PS has no games, so he posts a video comparing two PC games lol. If only PS had games.

So you disagree with his assertion?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

One is a game that has released and the other is a tech demo that may never leave Alpha! 😆

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Heil68

@xhawk27 said:

One is a game that has released and the other is a tech demo that may never leave Alpha! 😆

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8887 Posts

@Heil68: I say DF can kiss my arse.

Starfield is awesome, and I am tired of the douchebag haters.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

Now the cows are using vaperware. 😆

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2600 Posts

Red Dragon tweet aside, the conversation the DF folks are having has almost nothing to do with Star Citizen. DF is expressing their disappointment that Starfield didn’t meet their hype by overhyping another game based on a trailer. Will folks ever learn? Yes, Starfield being segmented, loading screen heavy with a lack of space exploration is a bummer. That doesn’t mean we have to go and turn Star Citizen into something it’s not.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58450 Posts

Star Citizen in its rough alpha form is everything Starfield should have been. After my initial 30-40 hours of Starfield (which i did enjoy!), I went back to Star Citizen simply because it offers a better experience. Those not wanting to play Star Citizen, I'd recommend you give up Starfield and go back to No Man's Sky.

And the kicker is that Star Citizen isn't close to being finished and it's already this incredible game full of rich experiences, amazing ship combat and utility, and first-person action.

And, for an even further kicker, Starfield is almost as rough and buggy as Star Citizen is at this point. Which is saying a lot because one is an independently made project in alpha build while the other is a AAA title that apparently they thought was good enough to leave the building and call finished.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58450 Posts
@dabear said:

It is pretty awesome, but it's not as awesome as it should have been.

It should have been a "forever game" like Skyrim or Fallout or No Man's Sky, but instead it was just this thing that felt like it fell about 10-20% short of what it sought to do and ultimately the longevity wasn't there.

It's a footnote, not a pillar, of their gaming catalog.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@mrbojangles25: No it's not, Star field is 100 times more polished than Star Citizen! Star Citzen is still in Alpha and will be buggy for years to come!

And don't forget the elevators in Star Citizen that takes second s.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39548 Posts

Starfield feels smaller than GoW Ragnarok🤣

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16587 Posts

@Heil68: scam citizen?? The game that got more than 1 billion in funding, going back to 2010, bought the owner his own mansion and plenty of Ferraris. All the developer does is release one or two ships every couple of months for a few more million dollars. You're comparing that game with unlimited billion dollar budget and 15 plus years to starfield??

DF needs to pull their head out of their ass. Let's talk again in 5 years with full MS support behind starfield.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@Heil68 said:

Shots Fired!!

What say you SW's?

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 767 Posts

Pretending to be surprised

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44206 Posts

Poo cows. No GOAT Starfield for you. lol :P

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11215 Posts

Starfield, while being a OK Bethesda adventure, did itself no favors by the marketing overselling the space exploration stuff. Either they should have waited until the tech was there, or kept the game to one planet with several biomes. There's already several games out now where you can explore whole galaxies that probably have a fraction of the budget of SF. It seems weird that they couldn't utilize a procedural mechanic like that while keeping hand crafted elements as part of the story. I dunno

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34719 Posts

Starfield is only disappointing if you had unrealistic expectations. Their previous games and Starfield trailers were clear indications of how the game would be. I was just eagerly awaiting gamers to discover everything wrong with the game that Bethesda didn't show or talk about. Worth it, was funny.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1408 Posts

Why? Was Star Citizen released? It about to be released? What did it do? Questions, so i youtube-searched and found this video... yea... it is looking good. But not much else.

Loading Video...

Starfield being disappointing shouldn't be a surprise? I've been disappointed in Bethesda games since Oblivion.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

In other news: The most technologically advanced video game ever created blows people minds, and one of the biggest let downs in recent memory disappoints.

What else is new?

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dabear

@mrbojangles25 said:
@dabear said:

It is pretty awesome, but it's not as awesome as it should have been.

It should have been a "forever game" like Skyrim or Fallout or No Man's Sky, but instead it was just this thing that felt like it fell about 10-20% short of what it sought to do and ultimately the longevity wasn't there.

It's a footnote, not a pillar, of their gaming catalog.

True. It is not flawless. But, no one knows if it will be a "forever game" like Skyrim because the new Mod platform has not been released yet.

There are talks that PC "big mods" are coming to XBox via a new "mod dlc" structure, were you can acually pay the modders for something like Skyblivion, because it will be treated like DLC, not a mod (no disk limit).

We don't know, because the new platform hasn't been released yet.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dabear
@randy_lahey said:
@kvallyx said:
@Heil68 said:

Shots Fired!!

What say you SW's?

Truly, there is not - I could not care less what Steam user reviews say about a game.

12 million players, best selling game (while being on Game Pass), fun to play, great replay factor, knowing there is going to be DLC and support for the next 5 years - those are what I care about.

You, and your other milk makers, care about things like Steam user reviews because you have Starfield Envy; and less than 2 months later, no one gives a shit about your latest "Sony 1st party game" Spider-Man 2.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2086 Posts

The Star citizen tech on display in the latest trailers is impressive especially if it works for most people whenever it eventually releases. Starfield does disappoint in terms of density and unified presentation but remains a fun game on a first play through and is a title you can actually play right now. It will be interesting to see what Starfield becomes by the time Star citizen ever gets round to a release.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

Red Dragon tweet aside, the conversation the DF folks are having has almost nothing to do with Star Citizen. DF is expressing their disappointment that Starfield didn’t meet their hype by overhyping another game based on a trailer. Will folks ever learn? Yes, Starfield being segmented, loading screen heavy with a lack of space exploration is a bummer. That doesn’t mean we have to go and turn Star Citizen into something it’s not.

That's a great point.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59229 Posts

Starfield will change everything.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22859 Posts

I love Starfield talk! Goty 23 for sure.... No game captured and owned the thoughts and psyche of more people who couldn't play the game than Starfield... Truly a master class in the live love learn style of Awwwww Yeeeeah gaming.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44641 Posts

@dabear: "Truly, there is not - I could not care less what Steam user reviews say about a game. 12 million players, best selling game (while being on Game Pass), fun to play, great replay factor, knowing there is going to be DLC and support for the next 5 years - those are what I care about. You, and your other milk makers, care about things like Steam user reviews because you have Starfield Envy; and less than 2 months later, no one gives a shit about your latest "Sony 1st party game" Spider-Man 2."

According to last reported TrueAchievements data, it's the 9th most played Xbox game in the UWP ecosystem (console and PC combined), for last reported week ending November 26th, and the only game in the top 20 that isn't a GaaS. I have less reason to think Steam users are any metric to go by when I imagine many more PC users are playing it on Game Pass through Windows Store because it's a value service. People are obsessed trying to paint the game as some kind of disaster reflected by user metrics.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68

@TheEroica said:

I love Starfield talk! Goty 23 for sure.... No game captured and owned the thoughts and psyche of more people who couldn't play the game than Starfield... Truly a master class in the live love learn style of Awwwww Yeeeeah gaming.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44641 Posts

@TheEroica: "I love Starfield talk! Goty 23 for sure.... No game captured and owned the thoughts and psyche of more people who couldn't play the game than Starfield... Truly a master class in the live love learn style of Awwwww Yeeeeah gaming."

I've come to a somewhat similar revelation lately as the YouTube recommended videos in the gaming tab are sometimes nothing but freshly made recently uploaded videos constantly devoted to disparaging Starfield being incessantly added. SOMETHING weird is going on with the algorithm for that to happen, but probably people not being able to not talk about it. I haven't seen the algorithm so askew since the gaming tab was dominated by those click bait videos where content creators would make several uploads a day with titles like "new Cyberpunk 2077 update will make your head explode!"