Dragon Age PS4 & Xbone: "We've pushed them as far as we can"

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@santoron said:

Always happens. Developers first push the hardware as hard as they can with their existing engines, and claim a system is "maxed out". Then they spend the rest of the gen actually optimizing engines for the hardware and developing new tools and techniques to bring out results they "couldn't" do before.

This pretty much nailed it. I can believe they are taxing the machines. Hell, that's not all that entirely difficult when you're big developer funded by a big publisher. All the time they are going to spend on making this run on Gen7 consoles is time that would have been otherwise used really digging deep to run the games more efficiently and effictively with low level programming techniques.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

So the PS4 will have the superior version due to its vastly superior hardware. Good to know. I know what version I'll be getting.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Vecna said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Who cares, besides graphicwhores?

It's about games, that's where PC fails and consoles win.

Blood flow to the brain being restricted?

Your posts never cease to amaze.

Your butthurt never ceases to amaze me.

But pls do continue with your pitiful insults, it's very entertaining.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5819 Posts

@Heil68 said:

So the PS4 will have the superior version due to its vastly superior hardware. Good to know. I know what version I'll be getting.

PC as the PS4 and Xbox One will look the same. Actually read the post before trolling.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Heil68

@tdkmillsy said:

@Heil68 said:

PC as the PS4 and Xbox One will look the same. Actually read the post before trolling.

No trolling needed when you speak the truth. PS4 enjoys the world's most powerful video game to have ever been created in the history of video games, all thanks to SONY.

Every generation it's the same song and dance from the PR Pied Pipers.

So in the end, SDC, thank you SONY!

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@7mdma said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@7mdma said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@7mdma said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Yeah, that's why PC gets 90 % of AAA games that console does + entire genres they dont+ its own exclusives like ARMA 3, Civ 5, Total War, SimCity, Starcraft 2, Reaper of Souls, Tribes Ascend, SMITE etc.

PC wins by any metric besides having a select few games the best of which can be counted on one hand.

Wow, so a sh$t ton of indies and some mediocre non indie exclusives..I'm really impressed. LOL

Did I stutter? I said AAA games. Frankly, I dont play indie games.

Please list some of these non indie PC exclusives then.

Yep, thx for confirming. That's a small list full of mediocre games with a few exceptions.

non indie PC exclusives don't compare to console exclusives

Yep just like KZSF and even worse Knack

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@TheFadeForever said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@7mdma said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@7mdma said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@7mdma said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Yeah, that's why PC gets 90 % of AAA games that console does + entire genres they dont+ its own exclusives like ARMA 3, Civ 5, Total War, SimCity, Starcraft 2, Reaper of Souls, Tribes Ascend, SMITE etc.

PC wins by any metric besides having a select few games the best of which can be counted on one hand.

Wow, so a sh$t ton of indies and some mediocre non indie exclusives..I'm really impressed. LOL

Yep, thx for confirming. That's a small list full of mediocre games with a few exceptions.

But TLOU!1111

Bestest game EVAR

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@santoron said:

Always happens. Developers first push the hardware as hard as they can with their existing engines, and claim a system is "maxed out". Then they spend the rest of the gen actually optimizing engines for the hardware and developing new tools and techniques to bring out results they "couldn't" do before.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

If they are talking about porting it to "gen 3" consoles (which i guess is not stuff from 1983 but is gen 7)... then it is not maxing out newer hardware is it... graphics are only one part of the of the game. A maxed gen 8 game should never be able to be ported to Gen 7/Wii U...

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@Heil68 said:

No trolling needed when you speak the truth. PS4 enjoys the world's most powerful video game to have ever been created in the history of video games, all thanks to SONY.

Please, If PS4 version actually different which i doubt, Prove the things you say with a Internet LINK

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Heil68

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@Heil68 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@Heil68 said:

Please, If PS4 version actually different which i doubt, Prove the things you say with a Internet LINK

Ok

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@santoron said:

was gonna write a reply. But doubt i could say it any better then you did there. +1

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@TheFadeForever said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@7mdma said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@7mdma said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@7mdma said:

@Suppaman100 said:

True

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@7mdma said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@7mdma said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@7mdma said:

@Suppaman100 said:

True

nothing beats Knack thou

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@santoron said:

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

@santoron said:

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

uhh..PC has more aaa/aa than consoles every gen.......and better version of multiplats aka most games

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Yep. Every generation it's the same song and dance from the PR Pied Pipers.

@Heil68 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

Hey, you sort of quoted me above for re-education purposes which I support and endorse...but my name got lost in the mix.

You liked my PR quote? :P

Thank you. I was actually fond of it yesterday as well. I think it really does ring true. :)

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

If a PS4 is a "mid range" PC then why is it more powerful than 90% of gaming PC's out there? Think you neckbeards better realize that 99.99999% of the population isn't stupid enough to blow all that cash on supped up rigs just to play last gen xbox360 ports like you are.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#72 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts
@Pray_to_me said:

If a PS4 is a "mid range" PC then why is it more powerful than 90% of gaming PC's out there? Think you neckbeards better realize that 99.99999% of the population isn't stupid enough to blow all that cash on supped up rigs just to play last gen xbox360 ports like you are.

The PS4 is considered a mid range gaming PC because it falls in line with mid range GPU's (around 2TFLOPS).

Also, 90% is an exaggeration considering if you've built a gaming PC in the last two years, it's most likely more powerful than a PS4.

Ex. You can buy a GTX 760 today for like $250 that is more powerful than a PS4.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By 7MDMA
Member since 2014 • 315 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Mid-range PC ? Looool. I wonder what kind of mid-range PC has a mobile phone/tablet CPU and only manages to play Watchdogs on 30 FPS on low/medium settings- that's low end PC territory chum. Also, what's the name of that chick above?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

PC currently plays all xbone and ps4 multiplats at far superior FPS and superior gfx...., and thats with a $150 video card.....

There are more high end PC's than ps4's sold.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

They have pushed yes. Good thing there are others as well, maybe even more competent programmers.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Hate when devs push for parity. Basically every version as good as the lowest common denominator (The XBone).

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Haha they obviously need to push a lot harder, like A LOT.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

Funny how Hermies are the most susceptible to PR talk.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#79  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

I bet their game looks bad compared to shadow fall. Guerrilla games said PS4 still has a lot more power left.. dont expect some cheap multiplat to show it. Exclusives will.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

That doesn't mean they won't be able to push them further in the future. Just that with their current skills and understanding they can't push them any further. There will always be new tricks that allow people to get more out of hardware.

I know the consoles are comparably weak this gen compared to high end PC hardware (more so than usual) but they will DEFINITELY have better looking games further down the line.

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

there is only so much you can push archaic hardware.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Would you rather they tell you the truth?

"We probably could have done more to optimize our game on the hardware. If we had more time the game could look and run even better. I guess you will have to wait for the sequel."

That doesn't sell games. Buzzwords do.