Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

If you are looking for a second controller you can get $20 off.

• White -- Amazon | Best Buy
  • Midnight Black -- Amazon | Best Buy
  • Galactic Purple -- Amazon | Best Buy
  • Gray Camouflage -- Amazon | Best Buy
  • Starlight Blue -- Amazon | Best Buy
  • Cosmic Red -- Amazon | Best Buy
  • Nova Pink -- Amazon | Best Buy
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

I’ve got the Spider-Man controller preordered so I’m good for now.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14008 Posts

Literally bought a replacement 5 days ago. Smh

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56276 Posts

Really nice sales on the PS5 controllers but DualSense Edge are the one's I think most gamers would rather save their money and purchase those over the originals. That said, it's a tempting purchase but I'm looking to get one of those DualSense Edge later on.

@Zero_epyon said:

Sad it's not DualSense Edge Spider-Man controller though as I think Sony really missed that opportunity.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

Purple is my favourite

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50616 Posts

These are not worth it since they break so easily.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zero_epyon

@davillain said:

Really nice sales on the PS5 controllers but DualSense Edge are the one's I think most gamers would rather save their money and purchase those over the originals. That said, it's a tempting purchase but I'm looking to get one of those DualSense Edge later on.

@Zero_epyon said:

Sad it's not DualSense Edge Spider-Man controller though as I think Sony really missed that opportunity.

I wouldn't have gotten in if it was an Edge. I really don't need to spend that much on a controller for functions I won't use.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39391 Posts

This should be the standard price for one of these. Even that its too expensive because of the garbage sticks.

@Chutebox said:

These are not worth it since they break so easily.

I see you joined the hate crew after the glorious drift. Good.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zero_epyon

@R4gn4r0k said:

Purple is my favourite

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

@Zero_epyon: I mean don't eat purple. Ew, no

Put it on a console and sell it!

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 getyeryayasout

@Chutebox: Even the guy selling me my newest replacement at Target had a controller with drift.

I've learned to take them apart and clean them, but unless you replace parts the problem just comes back. Pretty disappointed, myself.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chutebox

@getyeryayasout: Yup, no avoiding it really. Ended up buying a used Edge just for the replaceable sticks.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By getyeryayasout

@Chutebox: If this is how it's going to be, going forward I'd like to see modular controllers. Better to replace a thumbstick or two, rather than the whole thing.

I'm a fan of the Dualsense, but this is some bullish.

F U Sony.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2587 Posts

Bought the purple controller and pink plates. Finally gonna have a pink/purple digital PS5.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Already have 3(red, white and blue) No issues with any yet.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44356 Posts

Good price but thankfully my controller is still working just fine so don’t really need one right now.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9581 Posts

Anyone that doesn't own an Edge controller should just buy a new dual sense controller from Gamestop and buy the insurance. It's 15 bucks, but you I can return the controller if it gets drift or any other issue within a year and get a new one. Simply buy the insurance on that one as well and you're essentially getting new controllers for 15 dollars a pop after buying the first at full price. I went through like 6 before getting an Edge controller.

I've had the PS5 since day one for reference and I play with my sensitivity all the way up on nearly every game, so stick drift sets in faster for me than those who play with more deadzone or lower settings. I like to keep my deadzone at 5 or lower as well.

That might seem a bit extreme, but it's what I'm used to and I like it. Throw in the fact I play inverted and I'm a bit eccentric, but I absolutely HATE stick drift.

I love the Edge controller and much prefer it over the regular dual sense so far though. I must say that they FINALLY got the controllers right though. It might have taken 2 or 3 years and about 15 updates, but at least the latency, disconnects, and various other issues including improved response times and interference issues have for the most part been worked out.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2085 Posts

Decent price point these days, but kind of sucks the number of people reporting drift, really does seem odd as I do not remember this being such a prominent issue until the one/Ps4 era, also not platform specific presumably every platform is sourcing controller parts from the same manufacturer given the ubiquitous nature of this problem.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I already have 13 DualSense controllers and 4 Edge controllers, but I picked up an extra purple DualSense anyways at Target who’s also having the sale.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

@arkephonic said:

I already have 13 DualSense controllers and 4 Edge controllers, but I picked up an extra purple DualSense anyways at Target who’s also having the sale.

Damn, that is a lot of controllers for one person. Are they special edition? Share a pic of your collection.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By arkephonic

@Pedro:

Well I have 6 PS5’s so a white one with each, then one of each color, then an extra purple, and 4 Edge. I just love controllers to be honest and I always take advantage of these sales.

I'm really happy with Series X controller and Switch Pro controller too. I think all the controllers were really good this generation. If you feel the face buttons of the DualSense, you'll notice it has some cushion to the button presses. It's more comfortable for games like beat em ups that make heavy use of the face buttons over long periods. They call them analog buttons, compared to digital buttons in the Series X controller which has no cushion.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

Mine just arrived, the Grey Camo version. Sony's so petty they couldn't even be bothered to include a necessary USB-C cable in with something they charge $70 for. Didn't really this controller, but it's another option for my PC controller collection. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but I'm liking how hefty it is compared to the DS3 or DS4, and the face buttons feel more "Xboxy" for lack of a better word, which is a good thing IMO.

Not sure I like this D-pad at all though. The way the all 4 buttons move when you press one despite there being plastic dividers between them is just creepy.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 arkephonic

@Postosuchus said:

Mine just arrived, the Grey Camo version. Sony's so petty they couldn't even be bothered to include a necessary USB-C cable in with something they charge $70 for. Didn't really this controller, but it's another option for my PC controller collection. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but I'm liking how hefty it is compared to the DS3 or DS4, and the face buttons feel more "Xboxy" for lack of a better word, which is a good thing IMO.

Not sure I like this D-pad at all though. The way the all 4 buttons move when you press one despite there being plastic dividers between them is just creepy.

Nice! The grey camo is one of my favorites, it looks so good. Yeah, they should include a cable for sure. I like the dpad on the DualSense, Sony controllers have always been a gold standard for dpads, but actually the Series X dpad is my favorite now. It's clicky and tactile and leaves nothing to guess. It just feels really tight, like I've never been pulling off shoryukens with Ryu or Ken more easily. I always thought xbox had the crappiest dpads until now, they went from worst to first.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

If you're so broke you can only buy a controller if it's $20 off, you have bigger issues to worry about and shouldn't be spending your money on a hobby.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

@arkephonic said: Nice! The grey camo is one of my favorites, it looks so good. Yeah, they should include a cable for sure. I like the dpad on the DualSense, Sony controllers have always been a gold standard for dpads, but actually the Series X dpad is my favorite now. It's clicky and tactile and leaves nothing to guess. It just feels really tight, like I've never been pulling off shoryukens with Ryu or Ken more easily. I always thought xbox had the crappiest dpads until now, they went from worst to first.

Yeah I was really impressed with the Series X controller, it was a huge step up mechanically and build-wise from the Xbone, and with a much better d-pad than the venerable old all-around mainstay 360.

I managed to play a bit of Sackboy last night with the Dualsense though and the controller seems quite nice as well though. The much vaunted haptic feedback was disappointing though, at least in that title. I’d heard Haptic on PC doesn’t work unless you’re wired, but even wired the wimpy little rumbles in Sackboy were pretty underwhelming. Is that just the game itself, or was I doing something wrong?

Also, why does Sony insist on making checking your current controller charge so difficult? It was obnoxious with the DS4 but that at least had the orange flashing light indicator. At least steam allows you to drop the brightnesss on that alway-on battery killer of an LED.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By arkephonic

@Postosuchus:

I'm not sure, I turn all the rumble features off to try to squeeze as much battery life as possible out of it. And you're right, the charging on the DualSense is really finnicky. But I learned that it automatically determines if a charging source is potentially harmful to the controller. I always wondered why it would charge from certain charging locations and not others.

I wanted to say that I was wrong about the DualSense having analog buttons. But, the face buttons are softer with more cushion than Series X. I remember the DualShock 2, 3 and 4 had analog face buttons, but the DualSense is more of a digital input like the Series X controller.

The analog buttons were introduced in DualShock 2 and their purpose was shown in games like MGS 2 where you could raise and ready Snake's gun by pressing square, but releasing it slowly just puts the gun down and releasing it quickly fires a shot. I'm surprised they got rid of it, now the buttons are more like a PS1 controller. I don't have a PS1 controller on hand, but from memory.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6410 Posts

@arkephonic: What do you need 6 PS5's for?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox

@getyeryayasout: Just to be clear, I've had drift on switch numerous times, on another controller I bought for.switch, on a Xbox controller and the dualsense.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 getyeryayasout

@Chutebox: Oh, I get it. The big three are all sourcing the same cheap components, just frustrating having a failure after only a year and a half or so.