From what's shown of ARMORED CORE 6, do you plan on buying it?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Poll From what's shown of ARMORED CORE 6, do you plan on buying it? (42 votes)

Yes 60%
No 40%

From what's shown, i think its easy enough to tell if you see yourself enjoying what's on offer from the Japanese Gods known as Fromsoftware. Do you see yourself getting this game?

Personally have never played any previous entries, and every gameplay vid i saw, it looked like shit lol. But because this is made by the new and improved Fromsoft, this is a guaranteed day 1 in my book.

• 
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

Yep.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9410 Posts

I haven't seen a damn thing about it.

Even though it's FROM, I will prob not get this one at launch. I've never played an Armored Core game and I'm not supper big on mission-based mech games. I will wait and see what people are saying about it.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#3 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

Looks cool.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 719 Posts

Guys I am with the Game Pass plan and too busy with this and I do not look any release calander other wise. If Armored Core 6 will get to Game Pass I will play.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

@thatforumuser said:

Guys I am with the Game Pass plan and too busy with this and I do not look any release calander other wise. If Armored Core 6 will get to Game Pass I will play.

Fromsoft titles aren't desperate. They don't need gp so more than 100k players try the damn game.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1583 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@thatforumuser said:

Fromsoft titles aren't desperate. They don't need gp so more than 100k players try the damn game.

I don't even consider these dudes gamers at this point.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

I'll buy it after reviews.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23949 Posts

Wait for impressions from fellow gamers.

From Software lost a lot of my trust with their last game. Now my stance is, wait and see.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

While I didn't like elden ring I understand that it's just my taste in games and FROM are still great enough for me to get hyped for their games. Plus who can resist a mech customization game with a budget to be done right?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7223 Posts

Lets hope Fromsoft dont fack this one up like the last two. The legend wont be working on itg, so we holding our breath. Miyazaki better not let us down a third time or his bum arse needs fired.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3091 Posts

This is like a perfect storm of "uh, I dunno".

On one hand, I've been asking for and wanting this for years, but I'm also not sold by what I've seen. Miyazaki knocked it out of the park with Demon's Souls, but he also had a big hand in AC4 which I hated, so I'm torn.

I was hoping a new AC would give a brief reprieve from the Souls formula, and this is displaying a lot more of that style than I am looking for. This also feels like it's scooting into Gundam or something more fantastic, than a more grounded para-military mercenary war. I want less energy weapon and more chainguns.

That being said, I might be getting worked up over nothing. I need to see more.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

Hmm, maybe, depends. I'll want to see more.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

Pass. I never really cared for Armored Core games.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6410 Posts

Nope, From don't make games that interest me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hardwenzen
@last_lap said:

If you don't buy it, i won't buy Remnant2. Think about.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Doesn't bother me if you don't you're the one who will be missing out. Actually I recommend you don't buy it because your takes will be bad either way 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Doesn't bother me if you don't you're the one who will be missing out. Actually I recommend you don't buy it because your takes will be bad either way 🤣

Don't lie, it will bother you greatly. You keep talking about this series before you overheated in the Returnal thread. You want me to buy it, and this is the undeniable truth you need to accept.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45315 Posts

I hope it's good. TC has been praising FromSoftware for a long time so I would think it will be good.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

I hope it's good. TC has been praising FromSoftware for a long time so I would think it will be good.

Hope is not needed when its Fromsoft related.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: No don't buy it. I don't want you shilling it because you will harm the game. Stick to what you pretend to know, and that's fromsoftwenzen 🤣

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16021 Posts

Although I have never played an Armored Core game before, I think it's possible that I will get it. I was impressed with the trailer you showed, so I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: No don't buy it. I don't want you shilling it because you will harm the game. Stick to what you pretend to know, and that's fromsoftwenzen 🤣

I will do that, then, thank you. I will not shill Forza either, i hope you understand that.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#24  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17847 Posts

Unlikely. I have tried some of the old ones back in the day, but they never did anything for me. This one has better presentation, but doesn't exactly scream quality with mechs fighting in open areas. I find mech games boring going back to the Mech Warrior games on PC. They lack interesting interaction and immersion in the environments due to the world not being built for them. They are just instruments of destruction. Almost as boring as a tank game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Meh, pass.

For starters, Japanese games and I don't have much success together. Sad and unfortunate, but I just don't enjoy most of them.

This game looks too flashy, too. I don't like that.

I also like my "mech" games a bit more sim-like, and less arcadey. What's the point of piloting a mech if it can do everything a jetpack-equipped gymnast can do? Mechs are not/should not be graceful, they should be walking, hulking tanks.

@BassMan said:

Unlikely. I have tried some of the old ones back in the day, but they never did anything for me. This one has better presentation, but doesn't exactly scream quality with mechs fighting in open areas. I find mech games boring going back to the Mech Warrior games on PC. They lack interesting interaction and immersion in the environments due to the world not being built for them. They are just instruments of destruction. Almost as boring as a tank game.

Agreed.

I used to love mech games like Heavy Gear, Mech Warrior, and SHOGO (to a lesser extent, more of a shooter than a full-blown mech game) but after recently trying out Mech Warrior 5, I found it pretty lame. And people seem to really like it!

I just found it kind of boring.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#26  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

I'll think about it after I see some reviews.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1470 Posts

Easily on my Day1 list, along with upcoming TotK, SF6, FFXVI and Spider-Man 2 (what a great year!)

I saw the IGN interview with the producer. It was great to hear that they will be making further improvements to its combat and customization, and that they will be carrying on the game design of challenging boss fights and intricate level design that they learned from the Souls series.

The combat in the AC series is generally much more complex and speedy compared to the simpler and slower combat of other mech shooters such as the MechWarrior series.

It's also more advanced as a mech customization simulator, since the customization is actually directly reflected in the gameplay experience. At first, it takes a lot of effort to understand how to adjust these parts and parameters, but once you do, it's a great joy to build and fly a mech that is customized exactly the way you want it.

I spent over 100 hours on Elden Ring last year, but I’m confident that I'll spend twice as much time on this one, haha.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

If you don't buy it, i won't buy Remnant2. Think about.

Remnant is a great game, one of the best to play co op with a friend.

New Armored Core looks better than all those souls games, they been milking it dry. Happy to see some more fast pace mech stuff from from

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hardwenzen
@st_monica said:

Easily on my Day1 list, along with upcoming TotK, SF6, FFXVI and Spider-Man 2 (what a great year!)

I saw the IGN interview with the producer. It was great to hear that they will be making further improvements to its combat and customization, and that they will be carrying on the game design of challenging boss fights and intricate level design that they learned from the Souls series.

The combat in the AC series is generally much more complex and speedy compared to the simpler and slower combat of other mech shooters such as the MechWarrior series.

It's also more advanced as a mech customization simulator, since the customization is actually directly reflected in the gameplay experience. At first, it takes a lot of effort to understand how to adjust these parts and parameters, but once you do, it's a great joy to build and fly a mech that is customized exactly the way you want it.

I spent over 100 hours on Elden Ring last year, but I’m confident that I'll spend twice as much time on this one, haha.

That is some noob hours lol.

As for the IGN interview, i think the best thing that was said by the producer, and the reason why i love fromsoft as much as i do, is what was said about the difficulty and accessibility. Instead of casualizing the game into the ground to please as many as possible, they're taking the Souls approach, and teach their players in the early stages of the game how to deal with everything, so they're ready for later stages. THIS is one of the primary reasons why having access to multiple difficulties are not needed in the Soulsborne titles, nor will it be needed in AC6. Most devs are taking the easy approach, and just give you braindead Easy mode for those that are garbage at games, but not Fromsoft. They're sticking to the OG game design most devs have long abandoned, and not enough people acknowledge them for that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen

@sargentd: They're not milking the souls stuff. If they were, the expansion for ER would've been released a long time ago, and we'd be waiting for the 2nd one to come out this summer.

Fromsoft offers what their fans want. Its called listening to their fanbase.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

@hardwenzen: I hope Armored Core is so popular they never make another souls game again and stick to mech games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hardwenzen
@sargentd said:

@hardwenzen: I hope Armored Core is so popular they never make another souls game again and stick to mech games.

Get out of that hopium cloud. It will be the best selling AC title. High chance of being the best selling mech game. But it won't get anywhere near close to ER numbers. I see it selling about 3.5M, and that's only because Fromsoft has a ton of loyal fans (especially after the release of ER). If they didn't, selling over 1.5M would be a lot of copies on its own.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Yes absolutely.

Post- Miyazaki From Software never misses. 7 out of 7 masterpieces. Elden Ring being the GOTG winner.

Though Armoured Core is historically a trash franchise, I cannot imagine anything from a studio on par with Kojima Productions, Rockstar North and Naughty Dog would produce anything but a GOTY contender at minimum.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3455 Posts

I'm not 100% sure about this one but I'm happy to see them working on something that isn't just an iteration of their previous works. But even if it's just OK but they nail the atmosphere I'll still play it.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1470 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

That is some noob hours lol.

As for the IGN interview, i think the best thing that was said by the producer, and the reason why i love fromsoft as much as i do, is what was said about the difficulty and accessibility. Instead of casualizing the game into the ground to please as many as possible, they're taking the Souls approach, and teach their players in the early stages of the game how to deal with everything, so they're ready for later stages. THIS is one of the primary reasons why having access to multiple difficulties are not needed in the Soulsborne titles, nor will it be needed in AC6. Most devs are taking the easy approach, and just give you braindead Easy mode for those that are garbage at games, but not Fromsoft. They're sticking to the OG game design most devs have long abandoned, and not enough people acknowledge them for that.

Dude, it shows how skilled I am. I don’t have to grind for hours to beat Malenia or anyone unlike some noob lol.

Good point about its difficulty and accessibility. I recall many newcomers and journos appreciated the approach taken in Elden Ring, unlike previous Souls games, which allowed players who could not beat Margit on their first visit to explore other areas first to raise their stats, get better weapons and armors, and improve their skills, then try it again.

Previous AC games, however, took the approach of having some formidable enemies appear in the early missions to let players learn the controls through trial and error, like the Souls games, but because they were mission-based, there was no way around them.

I wonder if AC6 will take a similar approach to Elden Ring, where if you can't beat a strong enemy in the early stages, you can grind for funds to strengthen your mech parts and status by completing other easier missions, and then try again. This allows both experienced and new players to approach the game in their own way, making the easy mode unnecessary.

Oh, and this PS blog about AC6 also mentions that there will be multiple endings and different paths, increasing replayability, which I'm also excited about for my 200 hour journey.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

No. Never played or been interested in Armored Core, and the trailer didn't make it seem like a must play. If the game turns out amazing, I probably need to try it. But I don't think any AC game has been rated very highly.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts

The reveal trailer was great, but I have no interest in the game after seeing the gameplay.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1407 Posts

I'm interested... for the sole reason that it isn't just another clone of a game released 15 years ago.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@hardwenzen: Well, considering I've been buying AC games since AC3 for the PS2, it's a safe bet that I'll be getting AC6.

I just wish they made a Chromehounds 2 as well

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

I'll get it when it's $20

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

Day one for me. But I want a new Titanfall as well.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

I did play some of the Armored Core games back in the old days, so of course I'm buying Armored Core 6 day one as I kept asking for a new one by FromSoft long ago. I love Mobile Suit Gundams, of course, Armored Core is right up my alley.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

I'm leaning towards yes either way since I'm a fan of past Armored Core games and it's being made by a team riding a huge wave of momentum and expectations, however I'm not voting because they haven't really shown anything yet...

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

Yes, it looks cool.