Guys do you really enjoy the newer Farcry games?

Avatar image for deactivated-64fbf588222fb
deactivated-64fbf588222fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-64fbf588222fb
Member since 2021 • 1253 Posts

Real Farcry games to me was Crytek's Jack Carver vs mercenaries and super mutants (Farcry 1 , Instincts ). It went downhill with Ubisoft's Farcry 2 onwards. Never wanted sandbox Farcry games , but challenging tight gameplay as OG. Seems UBISOFT milking Farcry , Assassins Creed with copy paste gameplay. I last played Farcry 3 and Blood Dragon from newer series. Thats it, can't take it anymore.

Guys do you really enjoy the newer Farcry games?

Please share your opinion,

Thanking everyone in advance.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24980 Posts

Far cry 2 was best Far cry then series become cinematic QTE fest scripted with cover of open world. become bad.

Far cry 2 was immersive and atmospheric. almost ubisoft version of STALKER.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-64fbf588222fb

@ghosts4ever said:

Far cry 2 was best Far cry then series become cinematic QTE fest scripted with cover of open world. become bad.

Ghosts you played OG Farcry?

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

I was not a fan of anything that came out after part 3. The market became oversaturated of this gameplay style after Far Cry 3 and I lost interest.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#5 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

@ghosts4ever: I take it 2 was most likely one of the worst in the series then.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ghosts4ever

@kazumakiryu21 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Ghosts you played OG Farcry?

yes and it even sucked for its time let alone now. it looks beautiful, but after first few hours it went downhill very fast and second half completely ruined the game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69864 Posts

I enjoyed playing FarCry 1 and 5. Far Cry 2 was terrible, thus the reason it failed.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58402 Posts

They're fun games, but a bit stale at this point. I'd like to ultimately see the Far Cry games be good versions of Breakpoint; tactical-lite with an emphasis on at least trying to be serious.

Far Cry 5 was cool but I'm tired of all the "cool, brah" stuff in it. It's a weird mix of really heavy stuff combined with poorly-executed goofball content. Like you have this cult taking over this region of the US and kidnapping and brainwashing but then you throw in a tamed bear called Cheeseburger, Hurk, and a bunch of bullshit.

I wish they'd pick a lane and stay in it. Either be serious, or go full goofball like Far Cry Blood Dragon.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon for me. Amazing game/expansion personally and the environmental storytelling in FC3 was quite superb with old WW2 bunkers, the south east asian cultures, when you powerup its represented via the local culture tattoos. Enjoyed both game a lot.

Then got FC4 for idk $3-5 maybe in a ubisoft sale (thumbs up to them though they do killer sales) but bought it for PS4 and I really hates it. The clunky driving mechanics made worst on controller I did not enjoy it at all. That and it had online multiplayer trophy which I just said nope not gonna continue this.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44321 Posts

I really enjoyed FarCry 4, the colour palette of that game was great. Enjoyed what little I played of 5. Am pretty hyped for 6. Really looking forward to seeing Giancarlo’s role in the game. Never played the other games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39260 Posts

I haven't enjoyed anything released by Ubisoft in over 10 years. Hard life.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

What games have you played from Ubisoft over that 10 year period?

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

Far cry 2 was the best by far for me, 1,3,4,5 were still very enjoyable.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

I really wonder how Far Cry 4 is going to shake things up, or if it's just more Far Cry 3.

New Dawn and Primal are the only two I haven't finished, so I guess you could say I like Far Cry.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2253 Posts

Farcry 3 and 5 was amazing 4 wasn’t bad but basically a copy/paste job of the third one... imo they are the best sandbox shooter out there and super hyped for fc6! That being said, I never enjoyed the spin off much..

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#16 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

FC5 was pretty fun in its arcade-y gunplay/driving/flying. The game became very repetitive in a lot of respects, but still found it a joy to play and blow &^%$ up--especially using that .50 cal.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44616 Posts

It is getting old now, and the last game sucked and their FC3 remaster was garbage port with horrible audio that's so bad that by itself keeps me from being able to play it. I liked FC4 though. Even Primal was decent. I had okay fun with New Dawn though. I am on fence, but will still probably get the next game before I ever swear off the series for good.

darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

I played the Far Cry 1 demo back in the day and thought it was a blast. The AI was top notch - I was impressed how the enemy goons would track you all over the map if they saw you - how they would work together, take cover behind trees and throw grenades to flush you out. Back in the 2000s not too many games had this.

I bought the game later on but grew tired of it as it was just a standard tunnel shooter.

Later on I tried Far Cry 2 and it fell rather flat. The game was too frustrating and had no checkpoints.

Then back in 2013 I tried Far Cry 3 after a friend recommended it. From then on I was hooked. The story was great and the gameplay addictive.

So far I have played Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 and I have to say they were all quite good. As for Blood Dragon it was cool in the beginning but towards the end it fell flat.

I tried New Dawn a month ago but I wasn't compelled to beat it as it was a little slow.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

Never managed to get into or enjoy a Far Cry game.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2948 Posts

I love all Far Cry Games as it is clearly my favorite FPS franchise. Only Primal was boring and disappointing. Far Cry 5 on xbox one x was a graphical stunner as well, and I am excited to see Far Cry 6 on the Xsex. PC lovers need not comment on that last statement.

Avatar image for deactivated-62852ef1135c6
deactivated-62852ef1135c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-62852ef1135c6
Member since 2021 • 1322 Posts

1 is a bit dated, but the lush environment is really cool. If you like sci-fi it's probably up your alley.

2 is great. Dark, depressing male-dominated atmosphere, impressive environmental graphics/destruction, a decent story, and cool voice acting. Just exploring the landscape is a lot of fun. It does, however, get repetitive toward the end.

3 has an awesome green, jungly world to explore, full of little mysteries scattered about. The gameplay is basically perfect, if a bit simple. The main character is a complete dunce, and annoying to listen to. Most of the protagonist characters suck, actually. The bad guys are pretty good though, especially one particularly crazy dude with a mohawk. The story is okay, druggy hazy stuff. But exploration is a joy in this game.

4 has a great world full of woods, awesome gameplay with flying chair-motor-thingies that are a blast. The story is practically non-existent, but the evil-doer boss guy is super charismatic.

5 is standard-fare in terms of gameplay, and not much is done to shake things up in that department, but the Montana woods/mountains world is amazing. Flying planes is a ton of fun. The story is basic cult stuff, but it works. Several intriguing characters. The music is really good too.

New Dawn...dunno. I got burned out on the series at this point, and couldn't finish it. Never played Primal because no guns is not Far Cry, and I really can't stand caveman stuff.

EDIT: Blood Dragon is badass. End.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

I remember the first game being awesome when I played it at release. I don't remember if I played FC2, I'm sure I did.

I played 3 for about 5-10 hours and fell off of it. Even back then the Ubi open world game structure didn't do it for me.

Blood Dragon seemed cool, but I remember it not running well on my computer at the time, so I only play a bit.

I also tried Primal and was done with it in a few hours. Same with AssCreed games; same with Watch Dogs; same with their new Clancy games. Just a major drag to play, the lot of them.

Now I know. Don't buy Ubi games if I don't want to feel like I'm wasting my money. Easy.

Much later we would get lots of other reasons not to support Ubi. Easy.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I enjoyed Blood Dragon and FC3 wasn't too bad. I didn't like FC2 at all and FC4 put me off playing any more of them, so I haven't. Ass Creed 1 2 and Black Flag I enjoyed, haven't had any urge to played any more of them since then though. I didn't like the Division at all, played it for about 2 hours, glad I got it for free. The last Rayman game was really good though.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ghosts4ever

@pelvist said:

I enjoyed Blood Dragon and FC3 wasn't too bad. I didn't like FC2 at all and FC4 put me off playing any more of them, so I haven't. Ass Creed 1 2 and Black Flag I enjoyed, haven't had any urge to played any more of them since then though. I didn't like the Division at all, played it for about 2 hours, glad I got it for free. The last Rayman game was really good though.

FC3 was step back from 2 in literally every way.

FC2 was great. it didnot have unskipabble cinematics that are painfully in FC3 to onwards, neither it has see through walls, QTE.

Its incredibly immersive game. one of the most underrated game of all time.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#25  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

The last Far Cry game I bought was 3. I got Blood Dragon for free, and that's probably my favourite one.

Far Cry 3 was great. Vaas was a bit underused, but the story of a trust fund twerp turned into a cold-blooded killing machine through circumstance and massive amount of narcotics was pretty gripping.

Far Cry 2 was alright. Gets a bit boring at times, and I'm no fan of the Malaria mechanic.

Far Cry 1 got samey once the mutants showed up and difficulty curve became a cliff. In hindsight, I think Ubisoft was justified in taking the series in a different direction from that.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8307 Posts

only one i enjoyed was Primal

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

FC4 is my favourite so far, I really didn’t like FC5 at all despite the better shooting mechanics.

I’m looking forward to FC6, shame it is delayed, but I still have a massive backlog of games to play.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

1 was okay, nothing phenomenal, even at the time. 2 was immersive, but wasn't really fun to play. 3 and Blood Dragon was the best in the series. 4 is a rehash of FC3. 5 is a rehash of 4, which was a rehash of 3. New Dawn is awful.

In layman's terms, no, I did not enjoy playing the newer Far Cry games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

What games have you played from Ubisoft over that 10 year period?

I try to ignore them all. But the ones i remember trying was FC4, the division 1 and 2. Shits so forgettable i can't even tell you what games this garbage dev has even made.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

I try to ignore them all. But the ones i remember trying was FC4, the division 1 and 2. Shits so forgettable i can't even tell you what games this garbage dev has even made.

So forgettable that you can name the games. 😎

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

Like most Ubisoft games, they have a formula then spam it until whatever joy you derived from it turns to apathy.

But people still buy their utter garbage shit games in drove, so what do I know? Nowt.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

So forgettable that you can name the games. 😎

other than the ass creeds, the division (which isn't made by them, but lets say its ubi still) and fc, i don't know what they've made. I tend to not notice trash 😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

other than the ass creeds, the division (which isn't made by them, but lets say its ubi still) and fc, i don't know what they've made. I tend to not notice trash 😎

Says the person that talks about these games all the time. 😎

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

Says the person that talks about these games all the time. 😎

I_P made me talk about asscreed. I hated my life back then, but i am reformed man. No more asscreed talk.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

I_P made me talk about asscreed. I hated my life back then, but i am reformed man. No more asscreed talk.

He has been banned for a week now and you still talk about those games. 😂

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

Because he melted down over $70 PS5 AAAE Returnal lol.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Never played 1 and don't plan to. 2 sounds interesting but also annoying, so have not tried it yet.

3 and Blood Dragon are tops for me and I still enjoy them a good amount.

4 was more of the same, with a setting i really didn't care for. Primal was alright, not amazing.

Have yet to try 5, and will probably skip New Dawn.

The setting for 6 does have me interested in it, might try it on discount. If they turn it into a crap RPG like AC, I'll pass.

I think of all the samey AAA games (put out mostly by Ubi and Sony) FC is the one I enjoy most.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

He is living in my head rent free. I just can't do anything about it. Very annoying.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I enjoyed most of the Far Cry games although FC4 to me was to much like 3 but had to many bland characters 5 was a big step up. I loved the country setting and being able to spawn falling from the sky in your wingsuit and flying to your location was the funnest way to travel in any game I can think of.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

@sargentd: But did you finish it? I feel after a while you need to kill around 500 sabertooth tigers and 200 mammoths to get +2 arrow capacity.

It starts getting kinda rediculous with the unlocks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-64fbf588222fb

@R4gn4r0k said:

@sargentd: But did you finish it? I feel after a while you need to kill around 500 sabertooth tigers and 200 mammoths to get +2 arrow capacity.

It starts getting kinda rediculous with the unlocks.

True. LMFAO

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

It's in that AC franchise zone, where I still play them, but I don't know if I'm legitimately enjoying the experience. It's just good games to drop in when I don't need challenge or story stuff. They're so mindless and I could use that here and there.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Liked FC all the way up to the aliens, then it went to shit. The gray/brown aesthetic and chunky vegetation with big ass leaves everywhere turned me off from FC2 + weird/clunky gameplay. FC 3 was ok, but I didn't manage to beat it either. Fc4 was crap, lame environments. FC5 was decent and it was the first FC I finished. I just might try FC 6, but knowing UBI it's not going to be anything special.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

No, I really don't. The only way I'd play another FarCry or Assassin's Creed would be if I got paid to do it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts

I stopped after far cry 4. It was far cry 3 but not as interesting.

They also gave you the helicopter dingy which allowed you to skip the gameplay all together.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I played FC3, it was alright but I got bored playing it maybe halfway through. One of the rare games I've started but never finished.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I stopped after far cry 4. It was far cry 3 but not as interesting.

Hmm had the opposite attitude.

Still had the typical Ubisoft monotonously grind to unlock a billion things copy-paste shit, with the same formula spammed into oblivion, but feel it was more open and less handholdy in nature.

Never really gave a shit about the story in Far Cry 3 because they were all annoying bro Americans in foreign land acting like cocks.

Which is kind of the point they are going for, he becomes one with primal nature, or some shite.

But eh... didn't care.