Happy 10th anniversary to the greatest GTA game of all times!!!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56194 Posts

Time flies when you are having fun indeed:

Hard to believe this game really stood the test of time during the 7th gen and to this day, the game is still helluva fun if you don't count the online of course. I've been replaying it recently on PC and to my surprise it still holds up as if it was released a few months ago in 2023 while playing in ultra settings. Can't comment on the remastered consoles though. So once again my fellow gamers of SW and cheers to a decade of living the Los Santos life! Happy 10th anniversary to Grand Theft Auto V, a game that has provided countless hours of entertainment and adventures for gamers around the world👏👏👏

P.S. I wonder what Rockstars can surprise us with Grand Theft Auto VI? Can it measure the success of V? Only time will tell once we get a trailer to speculate and wait for it till it releases.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

I don't know if I'd call it the greatest GTA of all time. I had more fun with San Andreas and Vice City. GTA4 had better story and narrative.

GTA V is pretty great though!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69682 Posts

GTA being tagged as the greatest game of all time is digging deep into some folks skin just by the title.😂

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator

@Pedro: Rockstars think it is...hence they keep milking it😅

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I don't know if I'd call it the greatest GTA of all time. I had more fun with San Andreas and Vice City. GTA4 had better story and narrative.

GTA V is pretty great though!

GTA 4 and 5 sucked compared to Vice City and San Andreas.

@Pedro said:

GTA being tagged as the greatest game of all time is digging deep into some folks skin just by the title.😂

The title says g"GTA game of all time"

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44265 Posts

I probably have more of an affinity to Vice City due to the time period setting and what not but that’s just nostalgia talking. Realistically I’d say GTAV is the best GTA game. Really enjoyed it and am looking forward to GTAVI.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6195 Posts

I'm still happy that I never bought 1 version of the game let alone all 3 "versions" like some people 🤦‍♂️

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#8 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Great story campaign for sure.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39110 Posts

10y without a sequel. This is what live service does to gaming🤮

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14000 Posts

I liked 4 way more than 5.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22735 Posts

Holy 🌮 has it really been ten years?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22735 Posts
@getyeryayasout said:

I liked 4 way more than 5.

I could not get into 4....

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

Seriously, if gta online wasn't what it is, we'd be on gta 7, and the leak would've been for gta8. Live Service truly is the cancer of the gaming industry, worse than even mtx.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

Good game but San Andreas the best GTA for me. Crazy to think that game is 10 years old now. I hope GTA VI turns out good.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14000 Posts

@TheEroica: Man, I played the heck out of it, base game then the dlc's. Don't get me wrong though, I like most games more than I do GTAV. That game is a big disappointment to me. Technically impressive, but just...meh.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

Man my mom used to love watching me play GTA5 when it first came out. Such good memories. Can't believe it's been 10 years. Time flies 😕

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

Didn't knew Saint's Row 2 has barely 10 years ... i could have sworn it's like 15 years at least, oh well, congratulations.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24953 Posts

Overrated game. trash.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#19 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19580 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Overrated game. trash.

This.

Qui-Gon-Milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Qui-Gon-Milk
Member since 2022 • 182 Posts

I would love for GTA IV to get a remaster or remake but highly unlikely

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator

@qui-gon-milk said:

I would love for GTA IV to get a remaster or remake but highly unlikely

Same. I actually like GTA IV for reinventing the shooting mechanics.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9859 Posts

I remember the hype leading up to the game. Also the first few hours with the game were epic. Really loved exploring that world. Finding a bike with that goofy jump mechanic, I just biked around the map doing tricks lol.

Unfortunately the cracks started to show after some hours with the game. Outdated gameplay and mission design (imo) really brought the overall experience down. R*'s "follow the script or fail" type of design is not what I want from a game. Even sadder was that RDR 2 was even worse with its sluggish controls.

I really hope GTA 6 will have snappier, more fun mechanics. But I'm not holding my breath. R* knows that is not what sells their game. It's the attention to details and supposed realism. Their games are more like museums where you can admire all the cool things they have created, but not interact with them in fun ways. Not my cup of tea.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46442 Posts

And what a disappointment it was. I first bought the PS3 version.

The framerate absolutely tanked whenever you tried doing something fun, like going postal.

The graphics looked fine but the streaming was out of this world with this feeling like you and everything around you existed in a bubble.

@Sushiglutton said:

Unfortunately the cracks started to show after some hours with the game. Outdated gameplay and mission design (imo) really brought the overall experience down. R*'s "follow the script or fail" type of design is not what I want from a game. Even sadder was that RDR 2 was even worse with its sluggish controls.

And eventhough I played the game numerous times on other systems (mainly PC) what irks me most of all is its gameplay.

Previous GTA games never felt this restrictive. There's just not a lof of fun to be had in its missions. The game will fail you if you don't follow a strict line.

And I'm always, just always taken aback when an OPEN WORLD game is built around being more linear than a linear game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34660 Posts

GTA1, 2, Chinatown Wars > the other ones.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2532 Posts

I thought Vice City was a lot older than that…

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17833 Posts

....But Chinatown Wars came out in 2009. And GTA3 came out before then.

In all seriousness though: i have a lot of respect for GTA and for R* and what they do on the tech front. They can just demonstrate what is possible with sheer, colossal, unrelenting amounts of money. Remember that GTA5 is a PS3/360 game and its a technical marvel on those systems....and still impressive on the X1 and PS4. RDR2 on the PS4 and X1 is also...well...basically the state of the art on those system too.

But....i dont like actually playing their games. I played 3 and a lot of chinatown wars (underrated due to being top down imho). But i just find something off putting about their games mechanically. I bounced right off 5 and RDR on the PS3. It's just something about the controls that makes actually sitting down and playing these games a bit of a chore.

I'm still interested to see what they manage to squeeze out of the PS5 and XSX though. Not just visually but also in terms of the underlying simulation. the PS5 and XS have the first proper CPU upgrade since the jump from the PS2 to the PS3...if anyone will find a use for that extra CPU umph it will be R*.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#27 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

I would say it was one of the best game released over the past 10 years. Really enjoyed in on the PC. Realism and the attention to detail of recreating LA was amazing. I thought the story line was pretty good. The best GTA? Well that's hard to say, story wise I would go with San Andreas maybe Vice City. So maybe a close second after San Andreas.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Xtasy26
@Sagemode87 said:

Man my mom used to love watching me play GTA5 when it first came out. Such good memories. Can't believe it's been 10 years. Time flies 😕

It's crazy it's been 10 years. Time does fly.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xtasy26
@davillain said:

Time flies when you are having fun indeed:

hard to believe this game really stood the test of time during the 7th gen and to this day, the game is still helluva fun if you don't count the online of course. I've been replaying it recently on PC and to my surprise it still holds up as if it was released a few months ago in 2023 while playing in ultra settings. Can't comment on the remastered consoles though. So once again my fellow gamers of SW and cheers to a decade of living the Los Santos life! Happy 10th anniversary to Grand Theft Auto V, a game that has provided countless hours of entertainment and adventures for gamers around the world👏👏👏

P.S. I wonder what Rockstars can surprise us with Grand Theft Auto VI? Can it measure the success of V? Only time will tell once we get a trailer to speculate and wait for it till it releases.

This is true on PC it holds up surprisingly well. Goes to show Rockstar North is pretty good at engine developement.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2946 Posts

I loved GTA5. I don't think that Rockstar is aiming to repeat the success with GTA6. Rockstar is trying to surpass it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8272 Posts

I liked all of em. They are fun games. Mechanically are they great? Nah.

But they are fun sandboxes with good story's.

San Andreas and Vice City were great for their time. But GTAV is the best of all of em. I know it's milked. But it is.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I enjoyed GTA IV and San Andreas more.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3480 Posts

10 years on, Rockstar are no longer what they once were, They now copy EA, Nintendo, Apple and Pokemon. Why strive for excellence, when mediocrity sells $$$.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hardwenzen

@omegamaster said:

10 years on, Rockstar are no longer what they once were, They now copy EA, Nintendo, Apple and Pokemon. Why strive for excellence, when mediocrity sells $$$.

Its the god damn live service shit that ruined it all. EVERY SINGLE DEVELOPER that has a successful live service game, stops releasing video games, and just focuses supporting this god awful cashcow.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3480 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@omegamaster said:

Its the god damn live service shit that ruined it all. EVERY SINGLE DEVELOPER that has a successful live service game, stops releasing video games, and just focuses supporting this god awful cashcow.

You're right. GTA Online is popular to this day. I would appreciate if people get off the online game and play something else, so Rockstar is aware of a downfall and release GTA VI earlier.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1164 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@omegamaster said:

Sounds like a win/win for the people who enjoy the live service, and a massive win for the developers to get as much money as they can from their product. I don't see anything wrong with this. Especially if it were my business that was making the money, I would see even more reason to celebrate. Obviously if you're not one who enjoys the game and wants something new or different, then I can see the disappointment. .

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hardwenzen

@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:
@omegamaster said:

Sounds like a win/win for the people who enjoy the live service, and a massive win for the developers to get as much money as they can from their product. I don't see anything wrong with this. Especially if it were my business that was making the money, I would see even more reason to celebrate. Obviously if you're not one who enjoys the game and wants something new or different, then I can see the disappointment. .

Its not a win at all. All these live service games rip your ass off with their mtx, but people that play them don't know any better, and the likes of 2K are just feeding on these clueless gamers for a very long time.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MyCatIsMilk

@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:
@omegamaster said:

Its not a win at all. All these live service games rip your ass off with their mtx, but people that play them don't know any better, and the likes of 2K are just feeding on these clueless gamers for a very long time.

First off, what is MTX? Secondly, how do we know that the people who play the games don't know any better? Unless we're talking about children who don't understand the consequences of taking their parents wallet and using their debit card?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen

@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:
@omegamaster said:

First off, what is MTX? Secondly, how do we know that the people who play the games don't know any better? Unless we're talking about children who don't understand the consequences of taking their parents wallet and using their debit card?

What do you mean how? Look at fifa, nba and nfl games. Same rehash every single year, and these companies are making bank on mtx alone, even tho from the more "hardcore" audience these games are getting review bombed and heavily criticized. The damn casuals, the massive majority of those who play these mainstream titles (titles like destiny, gta, nfl, nba, fifa, cod, warzone, apex, fartnite, etc, etc, etc) are completely oblivious to this shit. To them, this is the norm.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:

What do you mean how? Look at fifa, nba and nfl games. Same rehash every single year, and these companies are making bank on mtx alone, even tho from the more "hardcore" audience these games are getting review bombed and heavily criticized. The damn casuals, the massive majority of those who play these mainstream titles (titles like destiny, gta, nfl, nba, fifa, cod, warzone, apex, fartnite, etc, etc, etc) are completely oblivious to this shit. To them, this is the norm.

With all due respect, I don't believe you answered either of my questions. I have no idea what MTX is, so whenever you say that, it goes over my head. I've tried Googling the term and it doesn't come up with the results I think you're using it for. Lol. I'm genuinely trying to understand what you're saying by that MTX term, which again I will kindly ask you elaborate on. I would also like some concrete facts on how we know they're being taken advantage of. If MK1 (newest one, I think) is selling Dragon Krystals and people are buying it, that isn't done out of a lack of understanding of what they're doing, unless they're children. :/ If people are getting more of what they want, more power to them.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen

@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:

With all due respect, I don't believe you answered either of my questions. I have no idea what MTX is, so whenever you say that, it goes over my head. I've tried Googling the term and it doesn't come up with the results I think you're using it for. Lol. I'm genuinely trying to understand what you're saying by that MTX term, which again I will kindly ask you elaborate on. I would also like some concrete facts on how we know they're being taken advantage of. If MK1 (newest one, I think) is selling Dragon Krystals and people are buying it, that isn't done out of a lack of understanding of what they're doing, unless they're children. :/ If people are getting more of what they want, more power to them.

Not too sure if you're trolling with your mtx questions, or what, but its microtransactions, and nowadays, we need to stop pretending that they're "micro", because they're "macro". Playing an rpg like Destiny 2, a game you paid $60 for, and then purchasing a single armor skin for $20, which is a third of the game's price, is far from being a microtransaction.

And in the large majority of titles (this is mainly seen in rpgs and titles with rpg mechanics) they will remove, or "nerf" a feature to then sell it to you as a solution. Games like GW2 for example, ever since they began juicing their game with mtx, you can pretty much forget seeing a new, good looking armor set. You want something that looks good? Excellent, be ready to swipe. And this is not just me asking to get free armor sets that look better than what's on their mtx store, oh no. They release paid expansions, and all what's on offer is some zero effort ugliness. This is not OK with me. One way or the other, this is how every single live service game lures you into their mtx store. Why am i mentioning this game in particular? Because its the casual's paradise. You walk around in a town, and within 10 sec you'll see everyone wearing mtx skins, be it from armors, weapons or mounts. And if you want concrete evidence, just youtube "mtx addiction", or something similar, and you will see testimonies from those that were affected, same as drug addicts or alcoholics.

Loading Video...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#42 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19580 Posts

San Andreas is still the best GTA.

GTA 4 and 5 are overrated trash.