I understand the whole there is no reason to own an Xbox because all there games are on pc

Icrackurnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Icrackurnuts
Member since 2024 • 81 Posts

What I don’t get is why is there any reason to own a ps5? Since there doing the same strategy sure there not day 1 releases but that may change in the future. Besides I am patient and don’t mind waiting

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

If you're comfortable waiting, then sure, just go PC. There's plenty to play. I still grab the PS cos some of their first-party I like to grab day one if any good.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39707 Posts

Because its not even confirmed for the game of ever comming out on pc, and when they do, it might take way over 12 months. If its a high profile game like Rebirth, those who are interested, nobody wants to wait an additional 12 months plus of their life to play the game everyone will be playing on day one. If Sony were to wake up tomorrow, and announce all their upcoming titles being avalable on day one on pc, we'd be in the exact same situation, and i will get rid of my PS5 the week this announcement comes out. It would be a good thing because i will never ever suffer sub 60fps and blurry ass FSR2 in Ultra Performance with resolutions in the 1080p range, but it would be super weird and stupid on the Sony's side. Sure, a mother might still get their child a PS5, but anyone that is 20yo+, i mean, wtf is the point? Console sales will plummet, PS+ subs will drop even further and so will their peripherals. At least MS has windows, so they have an excuse of having their titles being on pc, but sony, outside of selling their games to more player, they don't have anything worthwhile.

Icrackurnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Icrackurnuts

@hardwenzen:

Ok that could change in the future also Ms was tanking badly on the Xbox brand regardless of this. Bringing there games to pc was not the reason they lost the console war

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hardwenzen
@icrackurnuts said:

@hardwenzen: If Sony were to wake up tomorrow, and announce all their upcoming titles being avalable on day one on pc,

Ok that could change in the future also Ms was tanking badly on the Xbox brand regardless of this bringing there games to pc was not the reason they lost the console war

They killed the brand with the Xbone, and did nothing but fumble ever since. Of course you can't be successful when your competition releases the likes of botw, totk, tlou, GoW, and you release Crackdown 3, Redfall, Starfield and Infinite. Those are some weak ass titles, and not a single sane person will think of getting a system just to play em.

Icrackurnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Icrackurnuts

@hardwenzen: It still doesn’t explain how releasing it on pc killed the brand it died bcuz starfield and redfall and the rest were stinkers compared to the games Sony was offering I am sure if the games received better reviews and more praise they might have seen some profit

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9564 Posts

The reason to buy and own an Xbox or PlayStation is because you want to play games on said console.

Icrackurnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Icrackurnuts

@X_CAPCOM_X: and there not on the ps5 bcuz Sony is doing the same thing Ms is doing see my point

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

Options. Some people like playing their games on consoles. Some on PC. 🤷‍♂️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

@icrackurnuts said:

@hardwenzen: It still doesn’t explain how releasing it on pc killed the brand it died bcuz starfield and redfall and the rest were stinkers compared to the games Sony was offering I am sure if the games received better reviews and more praise they might have seen some profit

Releasing their games on PC didn't kill the brand because the game they were making were already shit. Them being on pc have only inreased the irrelevance of the system.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

We are getting really close to only needing a PC and Nintendo console to play all the games. Fine by me. Building home theater PCs to replace the various consoles I have around the house sounds like fun anyway.

Icrackurnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Icrackurnuts

@Archangel3371: it was not like that when Ms did it why is it any different with Sony? With Ms=no reasons to own an Xbox Sony=options I am sorry but I don’t buy that bullshit excuse

Icrackurnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Icrackurnuts

@ghostofgolden: unless Nintendo does the same thing very unlikely but probably not improbable times are changing after all who knows

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1285 Posts

I think the answer is some people prefer the experience of using consoles. This can also apply to the people who play on Xbox instead of PC even if there is a shared library.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16019 Posts

JRPG, trophies, friends, bloodborne.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 529 Posts

There's never been a better time to transfer to PC honestly. Sony's only going to get more absorbed with PC releases as time goes on. Every year they get more and more invested into the PC market, and it's apparent they need PC to sustain their inflated costs for AAA gaming. Sony's in on PC, Microsoft's in on PC, and Nintendo's in on PC whether they like it or not.

I can provide a list of advantages you get owning a PC, but the main and best reason to get into PC is it's freedom. Consoles will never..ever have the flexibility of PC. You are shackled down with whatever your corporate box dictates. Just like Sony increasing all their prices for PS+. You as a PS gamer have no choice but to bend over and take it, or abandon the platform. Microsoft tired to push Xbox Live on PC and the PC community as a hole told them to go **** themselves.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

@icrackurnuts: I’m saying it’s options for both Xbox and PlayStation.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

If you’re okay waiting for a year for Sonys 1st party games , then yah get a pc 🤷

Icrackurnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Icrackurnuts

@daredevils2k: u wait a year or a couple of months for now but things may change

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

If you’re okay waiting for a year for Sonys 1st party games , then yah get a pc 🤷

@icrackurnuts said:

@daredevils2k: u wait a year or a couple of months for now but things may change

Sorry , Sony isn't like MS which is why MS is going 3rd party. Imagine if MS didn't do day one on PC and Game pass , just imagine the amount of money they could of made, instead of pissing it in the wind. when you see graphs like this, I highly doubt that Sony will do day one on their AAA first-party exclusive games, especially when Spiderman 2 has sold 10 million. but hey, 3 months to a year wait, either way, Sony will be swimming in cash.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5294 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

I think the answer is some people prefer the experience of using consoles. This can also apply to the people who play on Xbox instead of PC even if there is a shared library.

Consoles can only become obsolete when PCs can match or even exceed the advantages of consoles, such as plug-and-play and price. For all its advantages, I feel that I have to be a geek (which I am not) to be aware of PC's positives, and most gamers do not have the time, dedication, or money that most geeks have to switch from consoles to PC.

As a non-geek, I find the technical side of PC gaming quite intimidating which I do not find in consoles. I personally find technical discussions mind-numbing which is the reason I often avoid reading threads on them on this forum.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20240 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

If you're comfortable waiting, then sure, just go PC. There's plenty to play. I still grab the PS cos some of their first-party I like to grab day one if any good.

Basically this. Once Playstation starts Day and Date with PC for all titles I'll stop buying PS5 games and Playstation consoles. There would be no need for another device.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1281 Posts

Not everyone wants to play on PC.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1285 Posts

@onesiphorus said:

Consoles can only become obsolete when PCs can match or even exceed the advantages of consoles, such as plug-and-play and price. For all its advantages, I feel that I have to be a geek (which I am not) to be aware of PC's positives, and most gamers do not have the time, dedication, or money that most geeks have to switch from consoles to PC.

As a non-geek, I find the technical side of PC gaming quite intimidating which I do not find in consoles. I personally find technical discussions mind-numbing which is the reason I often avoid reading threads on them on this forum.

That sounds valid to me.

Personally while I don't find the technical side of PC gaming or PC administration intimidating, in fact doing that can be interesting and even rewarding in its own way, but I find it boring and annoying when I am in the mood for a game. At that point it seems like a chore.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34775 Posts

Yeah, not much point in owning the twin consoles. You get to play a few Sony games earlier than PC. Whoopty doo. Definitely not worth shelling out big money for reduntant hardware and crappy controllers for that.

Want to keep staying updated and want the best of everything? PC. If you can't afford it, or if you're ok with worse products, often more expensive games, paying for online, having less options, etc., consoles are an alternative. No idea why anyone would prefer it though.

"PC gaming is difficult"

Maybe it's time to learn new things? Just like old people learning to use the internet, you'll do fine.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16606 Posts

@hardwenzen: funny how you make an alt, create a thread and respond to yourself. Pretty pathetic.

As for me, I like how simple it is sometimes to just turn on Xbox and play. My pc, I need to turn on the power, get my wireless keyboard and then navigate windows to the steam or windows Xbox app and then run the game. The user experience is night and day.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1410 Posts

Every PlayStation first party will land on Pc day one,you can shit in your hands and clap or change narrative to profits thus confirming xbox putting smaller and older games on switch an Ps is the right decision or make another Alt when it happens..but first clear your mind of any emotional thought that the above won't happen by nipping your nose and farting.....All done?

Right....Every PlayStation first party WILL land on Pc day one

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45495 Posts

I think the answer is obvious!

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sonny2dap  Online
Member since 2008 • 2092 Posts

Options, that's it.

I have both, I play both.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 956 Posts

@icrackurnuts said:

What I don’t get is why is there any reason to own a ps5? Since there doing the same strategy sure there not day 1 releases but that may change in the future. Besides I am patient and don’t mind waiting

You answered your own question. Some people DO mind waiting.

Also, mark my words, the day all Sony first party games release at the same time on PS consoles and PC is the day sony console sales will start to dive. They might still get good enough numbers because casuals still prefer the ease of use that consoles offer over PC (something that is getting more and more negligible tbh) but they definitely wont get the numbers they are acostumed to

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

At the moment yes, because PS5 has many GOTY winning exclusives.

Once they all come to PC and starting arriving on PC day 1 there will be no reason for me tbh.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

True, but I prefer to game on consoles.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

lol :P

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

That's system war jibberish, cows will 180 like they did for paid online.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@icrackurnuts: I have said this for years - the only people who think "PC competes with consoles" are hermits. Most people do not say "Hmm... do I want a PC or a PS5" or "Hmm... do I want a PC or an XSX".

Consoles compete in a different space than PCs.

Icrackurnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Icrackurnuts

@SecretPolice:

How is this an alt account ?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

@icrackurnuts:

Eh, don't mind me, I'm always a bit weary of new accounts. lol :P

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

I'm in this camp. I was going to get a PS5. I skipped the PS4 so I was thinking "Get a PS5 and raid the PS4 backlog along with PS5 games". Then Sony started releasing their games on the PC. So i didn't bother.

I don't mind waiting. I have no shortage of other games to play in the meantime.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

@Litchie said:

Yeah, not much point in owning the twin consoles. You get to play a few Sony games earlier than PC. Whoopty doo. Definitely not worth shelling out big money for reduntant hardware and crappy controllers for that.

Want to keep staying updated and want the best of everything? PC. If you can't afford it, or if you're ok with worse products, often more expensive games, paying for online, having less options, etc., consoles are an alternative. No idea why anyone would prefer it though.

"PC gaming is difficult"

Maybe it's time to learn new things? Just like old people learning to use the internet, you'll do fine.

1 to 2 years is not a little bit. telling people time to learn new things lmao. after long 40 hour week? ps5 and xbox are easy to use for person that plays 2 hours a day if there lucky. to learn how to use a pc with all the anti virus out there you need to pay for on top of everything else. which ssd to use which cpu to use which gpu to use.

on top of the cost. im struggling with biden awesome inflation. feeding 4 children I haven't bought a 70 dollar games since hfw2 in 2022. im buying games at 30 bucks if im lucky.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts
@gifford38 said:
@Litchie said:

"PC gaming is difficult"

1 to 2 years is not a little bit.

Good thing they're coming sooner and sooner then.

telling people time to learn new things lmao. after long 40 hour week? ps5 and xbox are easy to use for person that plays 2 hours a day if there lucky. to learn how to use a pc with all the anti virus out there you need to pay for on top of everything else.

PC's are easy to use already. Anti virus? Paying for it? WTF are you on about?

which ssd to use which cpu to use which gpu to use.

People this mentally incompetent should just get a pre-build, easy.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11270 Posts

No reason to create a new account to present this earth-shattering theory. People know their options. If you have the money and your willing to be be patient for Sony's non-live service games, go with PC. PC is so much more bigger than console games anyway

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gifford38

@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@Litchie said:

"PC gaming is difficult"

telling people time to learn new things lmao. after long 40 hour week? ps5 and xbox are easy to use for person that plays 2 hours a day if there lucky. to learn how to use a pc with all the anti virus out there you need to pay for on top of everything else.

how do you know your pre-build will be more powerful than a 500 ps5 or series x? if you don't know much about pc. if it has a ssd fast as a ps5 or cpu that can run games at 60fps.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fedor
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@Litchie said:

"PC gaming is difficult"

how do you know your pre-build will be more powerful than a ps5 or series x? if you don't know much about pc. if it has a ssd fast as a ps5 or cpu that can run games at 60fps.

It's almost like you can ask an employee at a store/online or take 1 min to look something up yourself. Stop acting like it's some great undertaking to do a simple amount of research into something, it takes you longer to write your shitty forum posts than it does to simply look up this stuff. Most PCIE4 or 5 NVME SSD's on the market are as fast or faster than the PS5 SSD, any current gen desktop CPU from either AMD or Intel shits on whats in the consoles. None of this is difficult, you're just grasping for excuses.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1615 Posts

People play on consoles because they are more affordable and offer a decent way to play the latest games. Even if every Playstation and Xbox game were to be released multiplatform, people would still buy the consoles due to their accessibility

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gifford38

@fedor: yup for 2000 or more. I rather have ps5 and psvr2 for 1000. But that's just me. I don't know I been gaming on a system since nes. It's been great. My Pc just for my Autocad for work.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Fedor
@gifford38 said:

@fedor: yup for 2000 or more. I rather have ps5 and psvr2 for 1000. But that's just me. I don't know I been gaming on a system since nes. It's been great. My Pc just for my Autocad for work.

Incorrect. For 2k I could build something that's 2/3 times as powerful as the rumored specs of the PS5 pro.