Infamous SS is polygon count king 11 million per frame.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#251  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@walloftruth said:
@xboxdone74 said:

@lglz1337: herms have been extra salty ever since the last of us ended up winning all those Game of the Year awards. the generation 8 console kick off has really pushed them over the edge though.

Awh a peasant circle-jerk, how cute! ^_^

Aww...another beggar I have to step over.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#253 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

@walloftruth said:
@xboxdone74 said:

@lglz1337: herms have been extra salty ever since the last of us ended up winning all those Game of the Year awards. the generation 8 console kick off has really pushed them over the edge though.

Awh a peasant circle-jerk, how cute! ^_^

Aww...another beggar I have to step over.

LMFAO!

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Man, the salty tears I've drank from the hermits lately have really unbalanced my sodium level, gotta drink more water lol.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@gpuking said:

Man, the salty tears I've drank from the hermits lately have really unbalanced my sodium level, gotta drink more water lol.

Yet you failed to post any better screenshots than the ones posted by CroidX in the last page.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#256 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@gpuking said:

Make sure to take some psychotropic drugs as well since you're obviously delusional

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 gpuking

Doesn't matter what shots I post, biased hermits would never face the truth. That's ok coz what would we do without you delusional hermits?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#258 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

@gpuking said:

Doesn't matter what shots I post, biased hermits would never face the truth. That's ok coz what would we do without you delusional hermits?

From this post it seems like you've just given up :\

If you're going to troll at least try to keep it going or put some effort into it.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@cimbom1993: You're trying too hard man

Dat open world graphics king

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#261 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Cr
@scottpsfan14 said:

It's all well and good that there is 11 mill polys per frame, that's amazing, but the LOD distance and pop in is an eye sore because of this. I'd rather it had been less poly intensive per frame to kill the pop ins.

No , it doesn't render 11 million polygons per frame . That title is misleading , read the article . The engine draws those polygons but doesn't render until character gets closer . Which means that , those are total polygons on entire map and not all of them are there when you look at distant objects . There are only few polygons to make the geometry of distant object similar to actual one . When you get closer , more polygons are rendered and added to it and it becomes more detailed . Meanwhile , polygons in area behind you , are reduced as you move further away .

Exactly. But cows will continue having a circle jerk over just the title of the thread. I can bet none of them even read the damn article, not even the gpuking himself.

Not only that but he copy pasted comment from NeoGaf about Star Citizen Cruiser , without doing any research about the game itself . The thread was pretty weak from the start , for discussion because of that comparison . Not to mention that nowhere in the article it says that all of those polygons are rendered at the same time . Actually it clearly states that , problem do occur when player moves faster and engine fails to render extra polygons at same speed , which results in blurry textures and terrible pop ins , and someone already posted pics about that glitch in this thread .

@gpuking said:

@Cloud_imperium

The game indeed renders 11 million polys per frame if you climb on the roof and get a panorama view of the entire city, there are more than enough spots to get those shots, so there's absolutely no cheating.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/14/infamous-second-sons-characters-are-120000-polygons-11-million-rendered-regularly-by-the-engine/

It says :

• The engine streams environment blocks on a 100 meters grid. Each block loads 33 MiB (Mebibytes, basically a techie version of a megabyte) of data including everything (physics, scripts, AI and particle). Below you can see a visual representation of those blocks.
  • Only 10 blocks are displayed at any given time. An extra 7 are loaded but not rendered to help with I/O (input/output speed) from the hard disk.
  • Each object has between 1 and 3 LODs (levels of detail based on distance) for near to mid distances.
  • FAR LOD uses baked imposters.
  • In the worst case the player can move 20 meters per seconds before overtaking the speed at which the world can be rendered..

As stated in last point , doesn't look like 11 million polygons are rendered here .

Oh dear, that looks absolutely terrible. I'm sure this is the worst case scenario, but gawd.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

its a glitch genius

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By gpuking

Hermits are such hypocrites, they would pick the worst looking Infamous shot to troll while accuse others of cherry picking Crysis 3 shots, this really disgusts me.

Nice shots I_can_haz. Anyway these Infamous shots look better than any crysis shots posted here.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@gpuking: As far as 120k polygons for the characters I would say yes. But personally I think Watchdogs overall looks better. I'm anxious to see what Uncharted has on this game.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

infamous is pushing an order of magnitude more polys than any currently available pc game. that part is not up for debate. will star citizen push more? who knows, altho i doubt it. the cruiser comparison is pointless, tho not for the reasons pc fanboys are bringing up. the 7 mil polys the cruiser is made up of will never all be displayed at once. in order to even see the entire carrier youd have to be far enough away and at that distance not using any lod models would just be poor optimization. thatd be like using the number of polys the entire city in infamous is made up of at lod0 and passing that off as the games poly count in any given scene.

I assume you have proof to back up that statement. How many polys per scene are Battlefield 4, Crysis 3 or AC4 pushing on PC?

Furthermore, I just have to laugh at the way you cows now act like polygon count is the most important aspect of real-time graphics when it is actually well down the list. Once you reach several million polygons per scene you start to enter a point of serious diminishing returns. It also matters a lot how the artists use those polygons. The polygon count itself doesn't tell you all that much about how good a game will look.

I mean, Infamous SS is apparently pushing upwards of 11 million polys per scene yet you still get objects that look like this:

When you consider how aggressive the LOD changes are in this game and how simplistic the models become I think that polygon count could have been used more effectively.

"This drastic case of diminishing returns is caused by numerous factors. The most simple explanation is that, visually, there is a much bigger difference when you jump from 500 to 5,000 polygons per object, rather than 5,000 to 50,000."

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/167673-ps4-and-xbox-one-the-diminishing-returns-of-next-gen-console-graphics

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By m3dude1

go load up a crysis 3 level in the sdk and check. bf4 is extremely low poly, much more so than bf3. its by far the worst looking "next gen" game there is. DIce should be embarrassed trying to pass off such crap as next gen. AC4 by the nature of its extreme lod is also not even going to be a contender.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By gpuking

You can distribute that poly budget however you wanted, who says you can't have a lot of low poly geometry rather than a few of very high poly geometry? There will always be low poly objects so go ahead and nit pick some more.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@gpuking said:

Hermits are such hypocrites, they would pick the worst looking Infamous shot to troll while accuse others of cherry picking Crysis 3 shots, this really disgusts me.

Nice shots I_can_haz. Anyway these Infamous shots look better than any crysis shots posted here.

"claims hermits pick cherry picked screens."

"Points cherry picked screens."

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By m3dude1

lol

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 kalipekona

@Vaasman said:

@xhawk27 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@Pray_to_me said:

lol sure bro looks really legit

LMFAO

So did you use windows paint or something

I played Crysis 3 on a med-low PC and never did I see anything like that.

That's because it's photoshop, can people seriously not tell? It's the jungle from Goldeneye 64.

Pray_to_me is making a shitty attempt to say the Infamous screen is doctored, even though it's not, it's just an inconsistency in the LOD, likely from a bug.

I don't even think it is a glitch, it seems that is just the way the LOD looks at that distance.

Loading Video...

GabranthXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By GabranthXIII
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

Do you honestly believe that PS4 with it's 1.84 tflops computing power, can even come to close a high end PC? High end PC running a sli setup can get up to 12tflops. PS4 can't even keep steady 60 frames on BF4, while a PC running sli setup up can run it 150-250 fps @ 1080p. Not to mention 4k, which looks amazing and you cant tell how huge the difference between 720p and 2160p is unless you see it in person, 2160p is THREE TIMES the resolution of a 720p (http://www.dr-lex.be/info-stuff/infoimages/res-sizes.png) Cmon, get real.

PS4 can barely keep 30 frames in this game and that is utterly disgusting. Also the graphics in that youtube look average, nice cherry picking. And even the cherry picked screens aren't that good.

Also PC can run stuff like this, http://eoinn.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/eyefinity-3.jpg

Your turn peasants.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By kalipekona

@topgunmv said:

@04dcarraher said:
@topgunmv said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@topgunmv said:

@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Wow closer objects have more detail who cares. Still graphics king. And you can cherry pick a shitty screengrab from any game at any setting.

Crysis "very high" looking like a PS2 game

yea man the closer the more detail

lol that's cute

Mmm yeah you like that

Dude . That looks nowhere near as good as screenshots that he posted . It is a complete joke that you even tried . At least post some decent pics .

Question is how does that even look good? Rowe looks blurry and lacks detail.

Lighting probably. It's not zoomed into the character, but you can notice the improved detail on the wall with different lighting.

Still not as good as these textures shown in above pics .

Lighting is just a distraction . It doesn't make textures look better .

I never said it was, stop being so insecure.

Even with the lighting change Rowe still looks like crap

Right click open in new tab.

You can count the threads, so...unless you want to be able to zoom into the atoms I'd say that's pretty good for an open world game.

Yeah, it's decent, but it doesn't blow me away. Even Dead Space 3 had similar detail in the fabric of the character model.

Screencapture from Dead Space 3 on my PC
cimbom1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By cimbom1993
Member since 2013 • 130 Posts

@I_can_haz: this is the reaction you guys have when you see crysis 3 on pc vs infamous :)

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Dat Polygon tho.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

lol

Wow nice. Claims herms cherry pick screenshots. Finds the worst, ugliest possible screen on low settings. I'm assuming this is what BF4 on PS4 looks like.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By m3dude1

@melonfarmerz said:

@m3dude1 said:

lol

Wow nice. Claims herms cherry pick screenshots. Finds the worst, ugliest possible screen on low settings. I'm assuming this is what BF4 on PS4 looks like.

cherry picking? you mean joining the first 63 player server i could find, and simply taking a screen on ultra settings? good to know how you really feel about a so called pc graphics king

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

cherry picking? you mean joining the first 63 player server i could find, and simply taking a screen on ultra settings? good to know how you really feel about a so called pc graphics king

Is that a 4:3 ratio? Damn, get back to the 90's.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By m3dude1

its 16:10 smart guy. are you not aware that you can click the picture to see full size?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

First Infamous SS shot's I've taken. It's truly amazing knowing this is not edited to look better as a screen shot cause this is exactly how it looks when I click to begin playing again.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

its 16:10 smart guy. are you not aware that you can click the picture to see full size?

lol. Did it, and didn't zoom. My bad.

bfmv2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By bfmv2007
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

I came here to see pretty pictures of Infamous SS, and PC elitists posting pretty pictures of Crysis 3. I have not been disappointed.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

somebody tell me, how do I get that jacket?

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@kalipekona said:

@topgunmv said:

@04dcarraher said:
@topgunmv said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@topgunmv said:

@04dcarraher said:

Question is how does that even look good? Rowe looks blurry and lacks detail.

Lighting probably. It's not zoomed into the character, but you can notice the improved detail on the wall with different lighting.

Still not as good as these textures shown in above pics .

Lighting is just a distraction . It doesn't make textures look better .

I never said it was, stop being so insecure.

Even with the lighting change Rowe still looks like crap

Right click open in new tab.

You can count the threads, so...unless you want to be able to zoom into the atoms I'd say that's pretty good for an open world game.

Yeah, it's decent, but it doesn't blow me away. Even Dead Space 3 had similar detail in the fabric of the character model.

Bad company 2 is older and has detailed thread too

Nobody cares. Point is people too cheap to buy a console to supplement their computer are acting insecure and making asinine comments, especially now that there's threads everywhere with awesome looking photo mode screenshots.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By m3dude1

more so called "cherry picked low" screenshots (actually ultra with 4x trssaa)

yeah real next gen here boys!

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

@7mdma said:

It doesn't even look that good, tbh. Very video gamey and cartoonish albeit with some impressive anti-aliasing and particle effects. It looks tacky.

Lets be real: Crysis 3 on PC easily beats it and Watchdogs on PC is about to shit on it. I wont even mention Star Citizen out of pity for the peasants...

Enjoy it, chums. The plastic, tablet CPU POS has peaked and it only gets worse from here against the PC.

You hit the nail right on the head. You are such a hammer!

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@I_can_haz said:

somebody tell me, how do I get that jacket?

I got mine with the limited edition. It comes with a DLC code. Once you type in the code on your PS4 it opens extra missions. Complete all the extra missions and the jacket is yours :D

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By Vaasman

@m3dude1 said:

more so called "cherry picked low" screenshots (actually ultra with 4x trssaa)

yeah real next gen here boys!

A. This is multiplayer, it's pretty well known the multiplayer for BF3 and 4 doesn't look close to as good as singleplayer.

B. No one really brought up BF4 anyway.

C. You're definitely still picking bad screens intentionally and it's pretty obvious.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 m3dude1

picking bad screens? the 2 you quoted are spawn points...LOL...blame dice not me. sp and mp are the same graphically.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Vaasman

@m3dude1 said:

picking bad screens? the 2 you quoted are spawn points...LOL...blame dice not me. sp and mp are the same graphically.

They absolutely are not the same graphically. Lighting, environment clutter, character models, and animations are all much better in single player, same as it was with BF3.

And yes, you're picking bad screens, or you've lowered your settings, it's hard to tell. Even the console versions typically look better than the shit you're posting.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 m3dude1

post a screen from the same spot on the map if you think im fudging the settings. took some sp screens just to shut down ur other argument

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By Vaasman

@m3dude1 said:

post a screen from the same spot on the map if you think im fudging the settings. took some sp screens just to shut down ur other argument

Thanks for proving the point? Those are all far more detailed than your other screenshots from multiplayer. Also here's some better multiplayer screens that better represent what the game looks like. I'm not bothering to reinstall the game, but these prove the point, and most of them are from the PS4 version except the last one. They look better than what you posted in every area but the crappy resolution. I don't know how you even got your water to look that bad if it really is ultra, which I doubt honestly. Even gamespot's beta screenshots look better than yours.

Not that it makes a difference anyway, no one was talking about BF4. Making this point is a wasted effort.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 m3dude1

first of all bf4 is always mentioned as a graphics king if its running on pc. secondly your shots dont look better than mine..its the same shit.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Vaasman

@m3dude1 said:

first of all bf4 is always mentioned as a graphics king if its running on pc. secondly your shots dont look better than mine..its the same shit.

Wrong on both counts. Arma 3 and Crysis 3 and Metro 2 are mentioned far more often as graphics king contenders, and everything is better in my screens save the resolution. Just look at the damn palm trees in my last shot compared to your first shot. But even if they were "the same shit," mine are from the PS4 version and yours are supposedly from ultra. Clearly you've done something horribly wrong.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By m3dude1

your last shot is with the resolution slider cranked waaaaaay up. im not going to post unplayable screens. my screens are native 1920x1200 ultra settings w/ nvidias trssaa at 4x. as for the ps4 comments, the biggest difference is AA, which you can clearly notice between our shots.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By Vaasman

@m3dude1 said:

your last shot is with the resolution slider cranked waaaaaay up. im not going to post unplayable screens. my screens are native 1920x1200 ultra settings w/ nvidias trssaa at 4x

lol if you say so, but I think the images speak for themselves, and the last image is 1080p from the PC version, hardly cranked way up. Your shit just smells, there isn't much getting around it at this point. Here are the specs this shot was played at.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By m3dude1

nah that screen is 100% taken with the resolution slider at 200. i just went and checked that exact area.

1080p ultra

200 resolution scale

easy to see which one matches up exactly with your pic

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#297 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@displayy said:

Amazing graphics for an open world game...

All these screencaps , were taken using this technic...

This is In-game !

This game looks nuts.

Just so crazy that this amount of detail and fidelity its already being rendered and current gen began not even 5 months ago.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@lostrib said:

4 blocks are rendered with 48 MiB high resolution texture packs that are streamed separately.

FAR LOD uses baked imposters.

I guess that's why everything seems to blur or disappear in the background

Dat next gen pop-in

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Lol Infamous SS happens to be the first next-gen looking game thats all, it is just a welcome to next-gen game.

Be sure to be ready to shit your pants When PC games coded to the metal

screenshots start releasing soon if Infamous SS "impresses you"

Avatar image for edgeofreality45
edgeofreality45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 edgeofreality45
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@CrownKingArthur: I dont get it. You guys make big deala about how good the game looks but is it out yet? Have you played it? No. Dark Souls II looked insane too until they released it. It looks 20 times worse. Not to mention the framerate. Graohics like that come at a price. Its not just going to magically happen. Go buy yourself a 3000 dollar pc to play one game and have to update it in a year because you cant play battlefield 5 while the consoles still run it at 60 fps 1080p. Your arguementa are invalid when your shits fried in a year buddy