Is Gamepass all you really need?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3740 Posts

After years of shitting on gamepass for filling its catalog with boring indie titles, it's finally starting to bring the interesting, heavy hitters and it's making me wonder - is Gamepass good enough for all your gaming needs? Almost every time I pay full price for a game, I regret it. As I have become older and find myself with limited time to play much of anything anymore. I question the need to spend $70 on the latest game when I can literally get gamepass either free or for $10/mo. I don't mind waiting a year or two for the big multiplats to hit the service before I play them. I don't even mind never playing them. I have never played a final fantasy or a call of duty game, and I doubt I ever will.

I'm sitting here with this underwhelming PS5 wondering why the hell I fell for the hype and bought it when I can just load a game on my pc via gamepass and actually have fun. I'm starting to think Gamepass is all you need now because of the wonderful changes and additions MS has made.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

At the slow as hell pace quality titles are being added to gp, it will take another two or so years before the answer to your question is a "yes". And lets hope that by then gp is not the next Mixer.

CaIiber345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CaIiber345
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

No.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70012 Posts

Didn't you recently create a Gamepass thread?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3455 Posts

For the most part, yes it is.

CaIiber345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CaIiber345
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

@Pedro said:

Didn't you recently create a Gamepass thread?

TC has made several posts and threads to lament their buyer’s remorse about PS5. Maybe they think we don’t get the picture yet. Or maybe they think we care...

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

If every game was on gamepass then yes,but they aren't,just like you aren't a real gamer if you have one console by choice and hate any other gaming plastic because of brand loyalty.

That makes you a sad sack.🤣

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@tjandmia: You're GP thread is still up-to-date, so use that and not make another obvious GP thread.