Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 looks pretty darn good. Lots of filthy peasants in this thing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38943 Posts

Never played the original, and wasn't that interested, but with a much higher budget/production quality, i am now pretty interested in the sequel. It also looks like its made by people who care, and not diversity hires.

High chance of this being a graphics king as well.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56143 Posts

I didn't like the first game, so this is an easy skip, but for those who ask for a sequel, congrats I suppose.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44224 Posts

Pass.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hardwenzen
@Archangel3371 said:

Pass.

No way you're not overly enthusiastic about every game that comes out. I just don't believe it, its not your personality.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58345 Posts

Well this is exciting.

The first game was a bit too much of a "sim" for casuals, but for folks looking for a really immersive, challenging game it was a good one.

A little rough around the edges, but that's the grain of salt you have to take when you get an otherwise great game from a non-AAA developer. I'll take that experience over most of what we get from AAA publishers any day of the week.

Also this game brought my PC hardware to its knees lol. It is STILL a really beautiful game (CryEngine, iirc...what a lovely game engine!) and I can't wait to see how this game looks too.

@hardwenzen said:

...It also looks like its made by people who care, and not diversity hires.

I'll never forget the flak this game got from the progressive far-left for not having people of color in it.

It was pretty entertaining at the time lol.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Archangel3371

@hardwenzen: Believe whatever you want to believe. 🤷‍♂️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hardwenzen

@Archangel3371 said:

@hardwenzen: Believe whatever you want to believe. 🤷‍♂️

I do, but its just weird, and i wanted to let you know.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hardwenzen
@mrbojangles25 said:

@hardwenzen said:

I'll never forget the flak this game got from the progressive far-left for not having people of color in it.

lmao that already happened? First i hear of this😂

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58345 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I think everyone knew it was bullshit and it didn't gain much traction, but some journalist or two took a potshot at this game made by a relatively small, non-AAA studio staffed by mainly white men (like a lot of European game devs are) and the lack of diversity in both the studio and the game made them a prime target.

That, and making a game that's true to fuedal times sort of incidentally makes your game bigoted and misogynistic as that was how the world was back then lol.

Not that I actually got that vibe from the game at all, in fact I thought it was actually quite a pleasant portrayal of the world despite the terrible things that happened. There was beautiful country side, kind people that actually followed Christ's example of charity, and all manner of nice folks.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I think everyone knew it was bullshit and it didn't gain much traction, but some journalist or two took a potshot at this game made by a relatively small, non-AAA studio staffed by mainly white men (like a lot of European game devs are) and the lack of diversity in both the studio and the game made them a prime target.

That, and making a game that's true to fuedal times sort of incidentally makes your game bigoted and misogynistic as that was how the world was back then lol.

Not that I actually got that vibe from the game at all, in fact I thought it was actually quite a pleasant portrayal of the world despite the terrible things that happened. There was beautiful country side, kind people that actually followed Christ's example of charity, and all manner of nice folks.

Damn those journo freaks. You really gotta be mentally ill to pay attention to the color of a developer instead of the quality of the game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Archangel3371

@hardwenzen: Congratulations.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7705 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Damn those journo freaks. You really gotta be mentally ill to pay attention to the color of a developer instead of the quality of the game.

the studio head is quite the bigot make no mistake, but I do find the poc discourse funny in this instance, you'd have a tough time finding a person of colour in 2024 Poland lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@howmakewood said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

the studio head is quite the bigot make no mistake, but I do find the poc discourse funny in this instance, you'd have a tough time finding a person of colour in 2024 Poland lol

He is? What did he do?

Avatar image for clockworkbanana
ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ClockWorkBanana
Member since 2022 • 256 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@howmakewood said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

He is? What did he do?

Told white hating liberals to go **** themselves

Anyways I'm hyped for the sequel. Loved the original and it ends on an awesome cliffhanger. Cant wait.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2140 Posts

Wasn't this game one of the games Giantbomb didn't review because of dumb reasons?

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Miquella
Member since 2022 • 744 Posts

Realistic medieval rpg is bland and boring and look like it will have the same awkward combat system. This time with a big city and a lot of NPCs, let's see how optimized they are, KCD1 is a disaster in terms of optimization.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2141 Posts

The first games combat was a bit of a mess when fighting 2+ enemies at once. Looking at the trailer, it seems that this time you will be fighting 1v1 while a bunch of other enemies are just standing around waiting for their turn, which is a weird way to solve the issue.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69566 Posts

This is a game pas.😏

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ospi
Member since 2006 • 548 Posts

First game put most RPGs to shame and it was their first attempt. Excellent storytelling, world, combat and pacing. Some of the best quests too. Can't wait for this

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3418 Posts

The original wasn't my cup of tea but I'm still curious about this sequel.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23931 Posts

As much as I loved the concept of KCD. I am a bit prejudiced because this guy made Mafia 2.

But I also loved the mount and blade combat of the first. So... I have been permanently on the fence.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#22  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

I played 40 hours or so of the original. I don’t even remember why I quit: my computer died or I didn’t connect with the main quests.

I would buy it if I were well off. Since I am not, I wont buy it.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52430 Posts

Would be nice if we got a seriesx/ps5 patch. Never finished it due to bugs and jank but always wanted to go back.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1263 Posts

The first was a buggy mess at launch and for a long time after...I made it quite a way through before moving on to other games....will revisit before the 2nd release

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24936 Posts

I hope they improve combat. other than looking good.

might be most non woke RPG game to be release. this is why reset era people banned discussing this game LOL!!.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24936 Posts

@howmakewood said:

He created one of the greastest game ever made.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46350 Posts

Yeah he wrote Mafia 1&2 so obviously he knows what he is doing.

Couldn’t give a rats ass if Eurogamer likes him or not.

In fact the general media hating this game improves chances of me buying this day one just to support the devs of KCD 2.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59022 Posts

@howmakewood said:

I hope Keith David shows up, I like him.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22716 Posts

I have the first game in my backlog... Is it any good?

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2141 Posts
@TheEroica said:

It's great. But be prepared to be an illiterate country bumpkin who can't hold a sword at the beginning.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22716 Posts

@rmpumper said:
@TheEroica said:

It's great. But be prepared to be an illiterate country bumpkin who can't hold a sword at the beginning.

So it has a wildly uninviting opening? 😂Lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen

I hear the first game is ultra immersive when playing on hardcore.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14910 Posts

@rmpumper said:
@TheEroica said:

Even Theresa is better than him in the beginning when you play her side of the opening.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8248 Posts

Bought the first one recently since it was $3. Will try it one day.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 690 Posts

I find it interesting that they were even able to sell the first one given that it's an rpg without fantasy.

But to be honest, I like the fantasy aspect of RPGs so it is not for me.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26103 Posts

Played the first one but couldn’t get past the tutorial, it was very uninteresting. But it seemed like a fairly well made game, its a shame the game got associated with losers.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:

Its just... really immersive in general.

Your protagonist starts off illiterate and that is not just some story element either. There is an achievement if you beat the game with all 9 negative perks that you can select in hardcore mode.

You know what to do...

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9562 Posts

Easily one of my most hyped games and an almost guaranteed day 1. The first game is great and I need to get back to it. I always get 20 to 30 hours in and start getting good gear, but then also want to try to clear every encampment I find and get wrecked over and over again fighting off like 5 guys in full armor... lol.. I do the same thing in Outward. Leeroy Jenkins and shit.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

Its just... really immersive in general.

Your protagonist starts off illiterate and that is not just some story element either. There is an achievement if you beat the game with all 9 negative perks that you can select in hardcore mode.

You know what to do...

Interesting. I guess they're doing things that devs usually don't, so that's a big plus.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

Never played the first, but just picked it up on Steam for $9.

faponte13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 faponte13
Member since 2013 • 263 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Probably a hand full of people said something and the right tried to make it a thing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hardwenzen

@faponte13 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Probably a hand full of people said something and the right tried to make it a thing.

Wouldn't be surprising.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Maroxad

@hardwenzen said:

Interesting. I guess they're doing things that devs usually don't, so that's a big plus.

Yeah, it is one of the few actual examples of medieval historical fiction in gaming. Usually it is just fantasy.

They made intricate mechanics and detailed gameplay. And came out at a time when things were really gamey. So the game really stood out among its peers in a good way, and became a cult classic.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34628 Posts

First one was slow and realistic, which translates to boring for me. Don't care about a sequel, but cool for the fans.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Game will be utterly boring and looks mediocre like the first. But the graphics will be demo worthy and a true challenge for the mighty 4090.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7176 Posts

How to make this system wars lol. its going to run better on ps5 over series x. I call it now 1 fps better on ps5.