SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45323 Posts

Thoughts, SW? Will you be checking Lies of P out? I’m pretty tired of Souls like games, with the exception of Lords of the Fallen looking pretty good.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

8 is great. I’ll definitely be playing this on my XSX via Game Pass. Really enjoyed the demo.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Looks interesting. Didn't try the demo

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3456 Posts

Another one to add to the list of great games I have to play. Day one on Gamepass?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

@kathaariancode: Yep, it’s day one on Game Pass.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39406 Posts

Dogwater game. Since its on GP, and if you're looking for a souls wannabe, i'd say its worth giving it a try, but i would never purchase this thing. This developer THINKS they understand Fromsoft's secret, but just like 100% of other developers who've tried to create their souls like, they do not.

When you play the game and see a bunch of enemies stuck in the geometry, running in place, do you know what this game reminds me off of? Some cheap ass asset flipped souls wannabe made on UE4 on steam. Its a clunky mess.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3456 Posts

First Twitch review is in guys! 🤣

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58424 Posts

Looks good, and on Game Pass, too! So I can try it out. Otherwise I probably would have passed.

@hardwenzen said:

Dogwater game. Since its on GP, and if you're looking for a souls wannabe, i'd say its worth giving it a try, but i would never purchase this thing. This developer THINKS they understand Fromsoft's secret, but just like 100% of other developers who've tried to create their souls like, they do not.

When you play the game and see a bunch of enemies stuck in the geometry, running in place, do you know what this game reminds me off of? Some cheap ass asset flipped souls wannabe made on UE4 on steam. Its a clunky mess.

There's a shitload of really good soulslike games. Just because they aren't the originator doesn't mean they can't be great. And at some point, Fromsoft is going to get dethroned....so, best keep an open mind.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hardwenzen

@mrbojangles25 said:

Looks good, and on Game Pass, too! So I can try it out. Otherwise I probably would have passed.

@hardwenzen said:

There's a shitload of really good soulslike games. Just because they aren't the originator doesn't mean they can't be great. And at some point, Fromsoft is going to get dethroned....so, best keep an open mind.

Name me a couple.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen
@kathaariancode said:

You're becoming more and more toxic by the day. Even adding laughing emojis now. Don't appreciate your toxic transformation.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7223 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

lol

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1332 Posts

Another in a long line of 80+ games joining the No1 subscription service in gaming.

This,Starfield and the Best racing Game Forza motorsport in the space of a month..damn xbox owners are eating good 🍗🥩🍜...mean while over at sony...its a shit sandwich 💩🥪

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

I'll wait for the sequel, Truths of Poo.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8272 Posts

I'll give it a try on Game Pass.. 😎👍🏽

#value

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@kathaariancode: Day one, baby.

Not too hyped for this game (souls likes are never anywhere near the quality of actual Souls games made by FromSoft)

but an 82 on metacritic and its free on GamePass day 1? (Thank you Phil)

Will give it a go

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

Gamepass FTW.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Will have to give it a try

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Nice, day one on Gamepass. I'll check it out.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Will have to give it a try

On Gamepass.😎

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mrbojangles25
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@hardwenzen said:

Name me a couple.

Do you really need me to list a bunch of quality souls-like games because you don't know of any others?

Or are you just trolling? 😋

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hardwenzen
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@hardwenzen said:

Name me a couple.

Do you really need me to list a bunch of quality souls-like games because you don't know of any others?

Or are you just trolling? 😋

I was just having a convo with a guy on an article in the front page. Told him to name a couple, and he mentions Code Vein and the original Lords of the Fallen. Its like people don't understand what's a good souls game or something. They see a decent score on meta=good game, but this is not how this works.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrbojangles25

I get the feeling that if it doesn't score a 9 or higher, or isn't a Fromsoft game, you won't consider it any good 😋

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen

@mrbojangles25 said:

I get the feeling that if it doesn't score a 9 or higher, or isn't a Fromsoft game, you won't consider it any good 😋

Nah. It could get a 6, and if i notice good level design, good variety (they also need to look reasonably cool) of enemies, and the aesthetic is reasonably good, i'll pay attention.

This is the only souls-like that i see succeeding (Wu Kong as well, but it migh as well be a 2026 title for all we know). And even then, i could pick a lot of negatives when compared to Fromsoft masterpieces, one of which, which is very easily notieable, is the enemies design and variety. They're way too simple and dull looking.

Loading Video...
Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 851 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Do you have a list of Souls-like (I prefer the term Soulsborne) games that resemble Dark Souls in terms of gameplay and atmosphere? I don’t consider difficulty to be enough to be considered Soulsborne (Cuphead is hard, but the gameplay doesn’t resemble Dark Souls in any way).

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hardwenzen

This game is fighting with Starfield who reaches 79 first.