nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

Can you name a modern game, no matter how good it is, that you're not sure should, or will, get a sequel?

I can name one: Astral Chain

It's one of Platinum Games top sellers (selling around a million units, announced the same day as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3). But one of the major themes for the game could prove problematic, especially after recent years. As it involves cops as protagonists, and post-2020, and in certain political discussions (which I'll keep to a minimum here and make sure it's about the games), you'll understand why...

Besides that, what's your choice?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

Definitely Bloodborne sequel will NOT see the light of day. I can say the same for Days Gone getting a sequel, I personally enjoy the game way more so when it came to PC, its totally lighthearted compare to TLOU which is more grounded.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8444 Posts

Astral Chain was the first game to come to mind, but likely because we're having some fresh conversations about it in another thread and the Astral Chain fans are coming out of the woodwork.

Astral Chain is definitely a big yes for me and needs a sequel. While they're at it, give Vanquish a sequel as well.

I do love the thought of a Bloodborne sequel as well. How could the best game of last gen not get a sequel?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10500 Posts

dishonored (2). d2 was peak arkane for me. prey and deathloop have their strengths but d2 was a master class of stealth based immersive sim that none of their other games have come close to. it sold poorly and is said to be "resting" now, but the smart money is on that just missing the "in peace" bit :(

@davillain- said:

Definitely Bloodborne sequel will NOT see the light of day.

what makes you say that? has it been confirmed?

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1258 Posts

Anything from Platinum seems iffy at this point.

I think I've maybe given up hope on a new Ninja Gaiden. It seemed inevitable for awhile , but then Final Fantasy Chaos was revealed and they didn't have the decency to make the collection good so I'm no longer optimistic.

Also define modern...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46486 Posts

Wolfenstein 2

A wolfenstein 3 was all but confirmed. But Machine Games assisting in Arkane developed games (Deathloop) and now making an Indiana Jones games. It seems like a Wolfenstein 3 won't happen anymore.

I'd love it if they combined a kick-ass singleplayer with a team based multiplayer like RTCW had.

And let's all forget about Youngblood ever exisiting, it's for the better.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

@davillain-: I refuse to believe that!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jaydan

@my_user_name said:

I think I've maybe given up hope on a new Ninja Gaiden. It seemed inevitable for awhile , but then Final Fantasy Chaos was revealed and they didn't have the decency to make the collection good so I'm no longer optimistic.

Also define modern...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

Everything made by Bioware. After Andromeda and Anthem, i am not sure if this team is even able to make video games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@Macutchi: @sakaixx: @girlusocrazy: Not the kind of response I didn't expect lol. But I should have explained it more in my previous post. Bloodborne released back in March of 2015, why hasn't Sony made a remastered for PS5 yet and where in 2021 as of now? Or why hasn't there been a PC version yet for that matter? For a 2015 game, we would've heard something about a sequel by now at the very least.

I can understand the mentality some people have about Bloodborne being a good game that shouldn't be tarnished any further, but a new Bloodborne could improve on so many things. Bloodborne was a console seller for me, I ain't gonna denied that, and if you told me Bloodborne2 was coming out on PS5, I'd make plans to buy one indeed lol. In short, I'm just taking a guess that Sony wants to move on from this game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10500 Posts
@davillain- said:

@Macutchi: @sakaixx: @girlusocrazy: Not the kind of response I didn't expect lol. But I should have explained it more in my previous post. Bloodborne released back in March of 2015, why hasn't Sony made a remastered for PS5 yet and where in 2021 as of now? Or why hasn't there been a PC version yet for that matter? For a 2015 game, we would've heard something about a sequel by now at the very least.

I can understand the mentality some people have about Bloodborne being a good game that shouldn't be tarnished any further, but a new Bloodborne could improve on so many things. Bloodborne was a console seller for me, I ain't gonna denied that, and if you told me Bloodborne2 was coming out on PS5, I'd make plans to buy one indeed lol. In short, I'm just taking a guess that Sony wants to move on from this game.

look what you caused lol. when you put it like that you're more than likely right to be honest. bloodborne 2 as a sony exclusive would 100% be a system seller. demon's souls is the best "this gen" release yet. to pair it up alongside bloodborne 2, people would lose their shit. but you're right. that there hasn't been even a whisper after 6 years suggests it probably not in the works

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sakaiXx

@Macutchi said:
@davillain- said:

look what you caused lol. when you put it like that you're more than likely right to be honest. bloodborne 2 as a sony exclusive would 100% be a system seller. demon's souls is the best "this gen" release yet. to pair it up alongside bloodborne 2, people would lose their shit. but you're right. that there hasn't been even a whisper after 6 years suggests it probably not in the works

Current status regarding bloodborne 2: hoping the so called "Velvet Veil" project at fromsoft is real.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jaydan

@davillain-: The omission of Bloodborne on PS5 could also be a sign they got plans for it, but not unveiled yet. They just did a Demon's Souls remake, and that was a much bigger gap. Give it time.

There is no way that one of the most praised games from last gen goes unnoticed for Sony.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7333 Posts

Mirror's Edge. Mostly it won't because it didn't sell, but I do have a few of my own reasons.

Look, I like Catalyst a lot, and would argue many people were way to harsh with their criticisms. However, there is no denying that in EA's effort to modernize the game, they pumped it full of pork. Upgrades, bland side missions, a few too many collectables without much reward. I do like the open world, but the very intentionally designed linear levels of the first game were much more fun and replayable. If there were to be a sequel, I would say put more work and focus on story missions, have those missions connected in more of a hub world than an open one, and **** off with the upgrades. But I don't think EA has any interest in making a game like that, so maybe it's better they just don't.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9410 Posts
@girlusocrazy said:

@davillain-:

Let's boo the IP owner, Sony, instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9410 Posts

@girlusocrazy:

From Software did an excellent job with the game design, but the implementation and collaboration between them and Sony has been lackluster, to put it mildly.

Been what? About 8 years? Still only have the bare-minimum working product that is the PS4 version. Personally I hope they don't do any more collaborations with Sony, because the games end up suffering for it. From can put their games anywhere at this point. I only see Sony as a detriment to From's work and its longevity. If that means no BB2, so be it. I'm sad too.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

@davillain- said:

Definitely Bloodborne sequel will NOT see the light of day. I can say the same for Days Gone getting a sequel, I personally enjoy the game way more so when it came to PC, its totally lighthearted compare to TLOU which is more grounded.

Add The Order: 1886 and Until Dawn to that list

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sakaiXx

@mysticaldonut: The Order 1886 is a good shout. So much potential in that game and it ended in a cliffhanger! Hope the dev or Sony continues the story at least in another media like comics or shows. Need to know what happens in America.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#24 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

@my_user_name said:

Also define modern...

As in, where we are in gaming: PS4/5, Switch, XBOX ONE/Series

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@mysticaldonut: The Order 1886 is a good shout. So much potential in that game and it ended in a cliffhanger! Hope the dev or Sony continues the story at least in another media like comics or shows. Need to know what happens in America.

Ready At Dawn Studios is owned by Facebook now so, very unlikely

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59163 Posts

Duke Nukem probably should remain dead imo.

The best game is obviously Duke3D, and it's a product of it's time. By that, I don't mean some far-left Polygon editor pretending it's bad because he saying things that make them cry.

It's a homage to 80/90's action heroes for people who grew up in that time who are now 30 - 40+ years old. Everything about was shortly at or around that time when he could act as an avatar to celebrate the absurdity.

Much like old Doom style titles of quality, it's relatively limitless in its replayability. Something can easily go back to almost yearly.

Randy Pitchford is a well known greasy face soy, with a lost USB stick. Who wears cheap looking shirts, enjoys bonuses and sings songs with so much cringe likely to develop colon cancer within 5 minutes, saying "He would ruin it" would be about several years too late.

The humour and themes doesn't land for younger people like it would back then. They basically dropped all Doom style gameplay for a poor, poor mans Halflife.

Suspect, since they have the licence, and since they want to make money from it regardless, they'll try a soft-reboot where they soften the edges change it thematically where he's basically some low rent Deadpool, or a shitty Borderlands character and spout out shitty SNL humour, rather than repeating thing from the 90s I remember (I clap!).

Like the video game equivalent of the Simpsons where it was perfect for that period of time, but now it needs to put out of its misery.

Can just play something like Bro Force instead if you want your action hero fix. And we now have plenty, plenty of Doom, Hexen, Quake etc.. Inspired games.

Ion Fury is basically a spiritual successor. While it's fun, it does feel like someone on Karaoke than the real thing, hollow when outside that bubble the Duke inhabited.

But yea, just leave it.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Splinter Cell

Ubisoft probably doesn't know how to make it a live service game, so I'm guessing it won't gonna happen anytime soon.

Which makes me sad.

Deus Ex

Wanted CP2077 to be the new Deus Ex. It wasn't meant to be. Now I want a proper Deus Ex. But, I feel it won't gonna happen.

A good Fallout game

I sound like ghostsforever/sniper/uninspiredcup here, but I just couldn't get into the FPS Fallout :-(

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sakaiXx

@mysticaldonut: the IP itself is owned by Sony and I hope Sony have interest in porting first game to PC. Ready at Dawn showcased a PC tech for Order1886 many years ago so if both party interested they can work on PC port and create supplemental work in form of comics like how Sony collab with an artist for Bloodborne comics.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@my_user_name said:

Also define modern...

As in, where we are in gaming: PS4/5, Switch, XBOX ONE/Series

More like a definition of "contemporary" than modern. I personally feel that modern gaming started at the beginning of the NES era, and anything before the NES era (from Pong to the video game crash of the early 1980s) as pre-modern gaming.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Iron Fury was identical to Duke 3D (Probably better in my opinion)

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

Banjo and Splinter Cell deserve proper sequels

But probably won't happen.

I welcome astral chain sequel, that game is great and unique for an action game. Definitely deserves a sequel.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

@davillain-:

I agree, I absolutely love DG, only game I have ever platinumed.... I do need to go back to it & complete the challenges one day, as they were a sub game in themselves & highly fun.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

1. Burnout: (but more like original 3 than open world crap)

2. Motorstorm

3. Starhawk

4. Max Payne 4

5. Timesplitters

6. Socom

7. Resistance

8. SSX (also more like 1 & Tricky closed circuits as opposed to open mountain crap that came later)

9. Singularity 2

10. Syndicate 2

11. The Darkness 3

12. Darksiders 4 (back to the original 2's formula)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

Perfect Dark deserves a proper sequel, but sadly, i don't think it will ever come out. If it does, it will be at the end of the 9th gen, and it will be as messy as Crackdown 3.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#36 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

@Macutchi said:

dishonored (2). d2 was peak arkane for me. prey and deathloop have their strengths but d2 was a master class of stealth based immersive sim that none of their other games have come close to. it sold poorly and is said to be "resting" now, but the smart money is on that just missing the "in peace" bit :(

@davillain- said:

Definitely Bloodborne sequel will NOT see the light of day.

what makes you say that? has it been confirmed?

I just started Dishonored 2 today and, yeah it's a beauty. I feel like Arkane doesn't get the recognition or praise they deserve. I like to think they'll eventually release a sequel. They did release sort of an expansion as well that I'll get to after D2 for sure.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#37 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
@kizza_soze said:

6. Socom

I don't get why they let this die. I personally enjoyed them.