New Dues Ex game has been canceled due to layoffs.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7217 Posts

Was really hoping Microsoft would save this franchise. And maybe it's not too late, maybe they can purchase the Embracer Group. This is all Bloomberg leaks from random people who claimed to work on the game most likely butthurt they got canned, but you never know. The game never entered production, so most likely they are focusing on something new and fresh instead of wasting time on a game barely anyone played or bought.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 24973 Posts

Deus Ex 1 still Best game ever made.

RIP franchise. Adam jenson Trilogy is unfinished.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7217 Posts
Loading Video...

@ghosts4ever:

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

Let's recycle what we have and make a seedy mobile game.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16564 Posts

@ghosts4ever: poor ghost...the only one who cared about this game. And sadly even he would have pirated it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 24973 Posts

@uninspiredcup: All i hope bladerunner game would be like Deus Ex if Deus ex not happening.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

Embracer is such a terrible company.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1014 Posts

**** RIP. Closest thing we'll get is probably CP2.0 and PL, oh well.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44611 Posts

I honestly I never thought Human Revolution was all that great. Throw on top Embracer's financial woes and they gotta cut the dead weight. I didn't like their Tomb Raider game all that much either. But I did love their Guardians Of The Galaxy game, would have been interrsting to see where they'd have went from there.

Anyhow, Embracer should be trying to reach out to major publishers to sell the studios and IPs if they need the money, rather than close them and shut down their projects.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Yeah, Embracer feels like a no-brainer. If I were MS, I'd be doing some serious stalking 'n courting about now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39240 Posts

You gotta be dumb to cancel a game like this. I originally thought that Embracer's were good for a big corporation, but it turns out they're dogshit.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22783 Posts

That is depressing AF.... Deus ex has been a franchise that has delivered consistently great games. I even loved invisible war. They also space those games really well so they never get stale.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lamprey263

While Embracer seems to be getting the blame on this, curious where the decision lies. Their structure seems to be studios like this fall under a publisher, many of which Embracer owns. Eidos Montréal falls under CDE Entertainment, which has only two studio bodies, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montréal. Kind of curious if the call came from Embracer or the publisher who has to manage both studios. And curious if this means they're laying off all the staff, or if they'll be consolidating Eidos Montréal to support Crystal Dynamics on their projects.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#14  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Considering the kind of games Embracer make and the kind of budget they put into them, I doubted it would meet the high bar set by the first game anyway. With the turmoil going on in Embracer at the moment, this was always high on the chopping block.

Hell, Square Enix dumped a lot of money in Human Revolution, and still didn't quite make it. Close, but no cigar.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Oh look, a good franchise with plenty of untapped potential. Quick, let's put an axe in its head.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7319 Posts

@hardwenzen: Yeah, it's depressing. For years it looked like Embracer was here to jump in and save studios that the big publishers put out to pasture. But they bit off more than they could chew, and are now a low tier publisher that puts great studios out to pasture.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#17  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17835 Posts

I would imagine this is what happens when The Embracer Group execs comes to visit studios these days...

Loading Video...
KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3443 Posts

Fukcing shti!

Spelamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Spelamera
Member since 2024 • 72 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Sorry man, GTA 5 is the best game ever made so far.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56227 Posts

Never truly cared for Dues-Ex games like that, but I did like Human Revolution. Cyberpunk 2077 is were it's at😎

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6288 Posts

@spelamera said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Both of you...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Last_Lap

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@ghosts4ever: poor ghost...the only one who cared about this game. And sadly even he would have pirated it.

It's funny because its true

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22783 Posts

@davillain said:

Never truly cared for Dues-Ex games like that, but I did like Human Revolution. Cyberpunk 2077 is were it's at😎

They're very similar for sure.. cyberpunk does a lot of things improved from the last installment of deus ex... But, deus ex is a really tight sp experience with player choice through gameplay and a pretty great story to follow... I'd take more deus ex in a ❤️

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#24 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

F*** Embracer's leadership.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

While Embracer seems to be getting the blame on this, curious where the decision lies. Their structure seems to be studios like this fall under a publisher, many of which Embracer owns. Eidos Montréal falls under CDE Entertainment, which has only two studio bodies, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montréal. Kind of curious if the call came from Embracer or the publisher who has to manage both studios. And curious if this means they're laying off all the staff, or if they'll be consolidating Eidos Montréal to support Crystal Dynamics on their projects.

Embracer bought a bunch of known entities in hopes of bolstering their portfolio enough to appeal to investors, specifically a group based in Saudi Arabia that were discussing a major deal in the billions. When that fell through, they essentially had no real capital of their own to sustain the studios that they purchased. Crystal Dynamics is under contract with Microsoft to work on Perfect Dark, which is a project that's seemingly going nowhere. The Initiative has even taken down their Careers page (in fact, they've stripped their entire website down to the bones).

Once that contract is either fulfilled or is terminated by MS if they cancel the game, I'm pretty sure Embracer's going to gut Crystal Dynamics too.

Personally, I wouldn't get too attached to any upcoming titles under the Embracer umbrella. There are more storms ahead, and their umbrella has many holes.

Spelamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Spelamera
Member since 2024 • 72 Posts

@last_lap said:
@spelamera said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Both of you...

GTA 5 has sold over 190 million units worldwide.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Last_Lap

@spelamera: Sales lol.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts

@spelamera: Even going by that dumb metric, Minecraft would be the best game ever.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2081 Posts

I thought Mankind divided was pretty meh especially with the pacing. I was hoping they could redeem themselves with a new game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39240 Posts

Human Revolution was too outdated for when it came out, but still a good game, i'd give it a 8.5/10. Mankind Divided was too slow there wasn't enough cool ass high tech stuff. Rember stopping playing it, and coming back like six months later to finish the game. Good enough, but the "coolness" of DeusEx wasn't present in this one for me.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BassMan

@robbie23 said:

I thought Mankind divided was pretty meh especially with the pacing. I was hoping they could redeem themselves with a new game.

Mankind Divided was solid. It was much more polished than Human Revolution. I couldn't get into HR because of the presentation. I quit after a few hours.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34674 Posts
@spelamera said:

GTA 5 has sold over 190 million units worldwide.

McDonald's is the best food ever made so far.

See how stupid that sounds?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46445 Posts

@BassMan said:

I would imagine this is what happens when The Embracer Group execs comes to visit studios these days...

Yup, sounds like every exec out there, think that they are the reincarnation of jesus and in the end just **** everyone in the ass.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20130 Posts

Dude…

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1405 Posts

@mesome713 said:

Was really hoping Microsoft would save this franchise.

Delusional beyond belief. MS can't even save its own IPs or create any relevant new ones.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46445 Posts

@palasta said:
@mesome713 said:

Delusional beyond belief. MS can't even save its own IPs or create any relevant new ones.

The hell are you going on about?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts

No great loss since Invisible War was the pinnacle for the series and all others would pale in comparison. ;o

lololol :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@palasta said:
@mesome713 said:

The hell are you going on about?

Least you didn't bring up Steel Battalion :P

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

Loved Human Revolution and Making Divided was ok ... this sucks.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8489 Posts

What a stupid decision! You would think that the execs would like to capitalize on the success and hype from CP2077 but no. Just like Sh*tEnix Embracer has no vision. Seems like Crystal Dynamics was saved by the TR sale to and funding/publishing agreement by Amazon. Should have at least tried the same approach with other big publisher.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lamprey263

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: that's worrying, there's a lot of great studios under Embracer

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Last_Lap

@rmpumper: I agree ol mates metrics were dumb. Minecraft is not the best game ever, but it's better than GTA5 that's for sure.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BassMan

@pc_rocks said:

What a stupid decision! You would think that the execs would like to capitalize on the success and hype from CP2077 but no. Just like Sh*tEnix Embracer has no vision. Seems like Crystal Dynamics was saved by the TR sale to and funding/publishing agreement by Amazon. Should have at least tried the same approach with other big publisher.

It is not the lack of vision that is the problem. Lack of funds is the issue. I am sure they bought these studios with good intentions, but they got in over their heads and grew too quickly. They did not secure the necessary funds to sustain so many studios and projects. Now all these devs are getting raped. Shit situation, but it is 100% the fault of Embracer management. They fucked up big time!

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8489 Posts

@BassMan said:
@pc_rocks said:

It is not the lack of vision that is the problem. Lack of funds is the issue. I am sure they bought these studios with good intentions, but they got in over their heads and grew too quickly. They did not secure the necessary funds to sustain so many studios and projects. Now all these devs are getting raped. Shit situation, but it is 100% the fault of Embracer management. They fucked up big time!

Of course they have money problem but that's what I mean by a lack of vision. They could have pitched as a joint collaboration project to other publishers and even marketing/exclusivity/timed (hate it but still better than none) deal with either MS or Sony. Neither MS or Sony has a similar game in their portfolio and the franchise it self is extremely iconic. Highly doubt they would give it up a chance like that. I mean MS paid 100M just for a 1 year timed RoTTR.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BassMan
@pc_rocks said:
@BassMan said:
@pc_rocks said:

Of course they have money problem but that's what I mean by a lack of vision. They could have pitched as a joint collaboration project to other publishers and even marketing/exclusivity/timed (hate it but still better than none) deal with either MS or Sony. Neither MS or Sony has a similar game in their portfolio and the franchise it self is extremely iconic. Highly doubt they would give it up a chance like that. I mean MS paid 100M just for a 1 year timed RoTTR.

Maybe they did pitch it behind the scenes. We don't know. Bottom line is they are hurting financially right now and they have to put the Deus Ex franchise on ice. They may try again at a later date when they have more funds or they may sell the franchise/developer again. We will have to wait and see.

I dunno, I have always found Embracer Group sus. They seem to have come out of nowhere and bought up all these studios. They swindled a lot of investors in the past and now their old tricks are no longer working. They don't have the publishing chops to deal with all this. Seriously, other than money, what was Embracer bringing to the table for developers? Nothing.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 759 Posts

Next is Tomb Raider?