Nintendo Labo sure came and went. Do you think Nintendo is mad they couldn't squeeze out more from its manchild fanbase

This topic is locked from further discussion.

misrespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 misrespect
Member since 2019 • 84 Posts

with these overpriced pizza boxes? I'm surprised tbh I expected Nintendo fanboys to have jumped on this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

2/10 for effort but -1 points for poor formatting of title. Also -1 points for not capitalizing the first letter of your sentence. So 0/10.

misrespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 misrespect
Member since 2019 • 84 Posts

@XVision84: 0/10 for being a pathetic grammar nazi no one likes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@misrespect: Red card! Foul! Personal attacks get you -2 points. That's a -2/10 right there.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

No Nintendo is never mad about this stuff. They always try new things and most fail ever since the NES. Remember virtual boy, Gameboy Camera etc? Its probably my fav thing about them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I think Labo was a horrible idea. But after a while I think I understood why they did it.

Nintendo has always wanted games to be more than what they are now, they want to look at using the medium in different ways. They've kind of been attempting that since ROB the robot, maybe before.

The discussion probably went something like, "How can we use games to get people being creative, and to want to learn how things work mechanically?" And eventually someone was probably like, "Well how can we do this cheaply? And make it fun?", and so they decided on building things from cardboard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@misrespect: Nasty

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Misrespect on a troll roll. ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#10 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Good to see a new user with quality threads.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@phbz: New user, haha good one.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

@XVision84 said:

2/10 for effort but -1 points for poor formatting of title. Also -1 points for not capitalizing the first letter of your sentence. So 0/10.

Manchild detected.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@Kjranu: 4/10 for simplicity but -2/10 for effort. Also 0/10 for originality. However, 1/10 extra because I'm feeling generous. So 3/10.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I like (would love 'em, if they'd give me what I want: Metroid Trilogy HD, SM 3D World, N64/GC game ports, a better sequel to SM64, F-Zero) Nintendo, but **** LABO, I hope it's dead. Better put focus on core game development.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Mm... Eccelente!

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16  Edited By dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

Thread is a nice troll attempt, but Labo was never intended for adults. It was always aimed exclusively at kids. Look at Nintendo's marketing.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

TOAT, would read again. lolol :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

It’s quite telling that the ones who like to throw the term “man children” around tend to display the most childish of behaviours.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

@Ovirew said:

I think Labo was a horrible idea. But after a while I think I understood why they did it.

Nintendo has always wanted games to be more than what they are now, they want to look at using the medium in different ways. They've kind of been attempting that since ROB the robot, maybe before.

The discussion probably went something like, "How can we use games to get people being creative, and to want to learn how things work mechanically?" And eventually someone was probably like, "Well how can we do this cheaply? And make it fun?", and so they decided on building things from cardboard.

TBH I'm still a bit peeved how Nintendo used R.O.B. as a focal point of the NES yet utilized it in two games. The company tried harder with the SNES mouse and the Super Scope.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 True_Link
Member since 2019 • 243 Posts

Someone is clearly mad at Nintendo in here...

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17847 Posts

its a cool idea that could be further developed. it certainly facilitates interesting uses of the joycons. but i think the cardboard part killed it....it wont endure and its not cheap.

perhaps they could partner with someone like Meccano or Lego to develop something...maybe aimed at more the education sector rather than individuals.

Cost would still be a problem though.

are nintendo mad? yes but not angry mad...just crazy mad :P. labo in its current form looks to be binned but i wouldnt be surprised if we see something like it again from them.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11185 Posts

LMAO @ "pizza boxes".

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@mandzilla said:

@phbz: New user, haha good one.

It's not like you see new users everyday here on Gamespot and even if you do, they sure wouldn't be making silly threads day one either.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

@misrespect said:
@XVision84 said:

@misrespect: Red card! Foul! Personal attacks get you -2 points. That's a -2/10 right there.

eat the corn from my poo

Ewww....

Normally reserved for cows but...

Poo sheep. lolol :P

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#25 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

Never change, SW...

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BenjaminBanklin
@dzimm said:

Thread is a nice troll attempt, but Labo was never intended for adults. It was always aimed exclusively at kids. Look at Nintendo's marketing.

The reality...

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@dzimm: Yup. LABO is just fanboy fodder.
Only cows cared about it because they could mock it.

It was never meant for an adult audience.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8444 Posts

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jaydan

@BenjaminBanklin: If you think that's reality then you probably never leave the internet. Do yourself a favor and pick up those jelly-roll thighs of yours. Take a deep breath and open the door for some fresh air. You might pick up on an exercise routine too.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BenjaminBanklin
@jaydan said:

@BenjaminBanklin: If you think that's reality then you probably never leave the internet. Do yourself a favor and pick up those jelly-roll thighs of yours. Take a deep breath and open the door for some fresh air. You might pick up on an exercise routine too.

I don't need Nintendo cardboard to get proper exercise, thanks. It's called buying home exercise equipment, or going to the gym like a grown man, thanks.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jaydan
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@jaydan said:

I don't need Nintendo cardboard to get proper exercise, thanks. It's called buying home exercise equipment, or going to the gym like a grown man, thanks.

You certainly need to read more books, I can see. I never recommended cardboard. Where in my post did I recommend such a thing?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jaydan

@BenjaminBanklin: See Benjamin, this is why I think you should go outside. Your head is riled up in internet-land. Sorry not everything in reality is directly related to memes and shit-posting.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#33 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

Interesting concept, but extremely poorly executed. It seemed most people who purchased it got about an hour or two of enjoyment, then threw it in a closet and never touched it again.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BenjaminBanklin
@jaydan said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@jaydan said:

You certainly need to read more books, I can see. I never recommended cardboard. Where in my post did I recommend such a thing?

You got salty I insulted LABO, so I don't know what your ass is hurting about. So who gives a damn, really? Your veins are getting big enough to pop the Mario hat off your head.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jaydan

@BenjaminBanklin: Lol sorry, I didn't realize you are such a victim of your own generalized shit-posting. I'll keep it in mind next time that you have soft-skin, and I'll be more careful how I approach you so you don't get hurt.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@jaydan said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Lol sorry, I didn't realize you are such a victim of your own generalized shit-posting. I'll keep it in mind next time you have soft-skin and I'll be more careful how I approach you so you don't get hurt.

You're crying to me about how I hurt your feelings over $80 cardboard. If your skin was any thinner we could see right through you. You can gripe at me all day, it doesn't change the fact that you're still a weirdo playing defense force over a failed product.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jaydan
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@jaydan said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Lol sorry, I didn't realize you are such a victim of your own generalized shit-posting. I'll keep it in mind next time you have soft-skin and I'll be more careful how I approach you so you don't get hurt.

You're crying to me about how I hurt your feelings over $80 cardboard. If your skin was any thinner we could see right through you. You can gripe at me all day, it doesn't change the fact that you're still a weirdo playing defense force over a failed product.

I'm not defending a piece of cardboard at all. Once again go read a book, because you have a lack of reading comprehension I can see quite clearly.
What I AM doing, is calling bluff towards your generalization of the LABO target audience. The vast majority of Nintendo fans that post on SW don't even bother with LABO as much as shit-posters like you love to incline.

I can tell you are super hung up on this cardboard thing when I tell you to go outside and you thought I meant taking cardboard with you too. LOL for real. You must live on the internet and only think under such terms.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

@jaydan:

It not even $80 for cardboard. Nintendo Lab it more close to compare to Oragami book for kid. It cheap to produce paper and product it only paper but what a real product it is a lesson for child.

It a fair argument to be make here that for parent the Nintendo Lab hold more value than a mindless actions game for a child.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BenjaminBanklin
@jaydan said:

I'm not defending a piece of cardboard at all. Once again go read a book, because you have a lack of reading comprehension I can see quite clearly.

What I AM doing, is calling bluff towards your generalization of the LABO target audience. The vast majority of Nintendo fans that post on SW don't even bother with LABO as much as shit-posters like you love to incline.

I can tell you are super hung up on this cardboard thing when I tell you to go outside and you thought I meant taking cardboard with you too. LOL for real. You must live on the internet and only think under such terms.

Yes you are, because your panties are all in a collective bunch throughout this thread and you exposed yourself as a dumpster-diving goon buying Nintendo branded trash. All that could have been avoided if you just shut your mouth all together, but you choose to be offended on behalf of expensive PAPER! How embarrassing for you.

Maybe Reggie quit because he felt guilty about trying to get over on chump-bait like you. Now, go buy the next $60 dollar Nintendo prior-gen port and stop whining!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jaydan
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@jaydan said:

Yes you are, because your panties are all in a collective bunch throughout this thread and you exposed yourself as a dumpster-diving goon buying Nintendo branded trash. All that could have been avoided if you just shut your mouth all together, but you choose to be offended on behalf of expensive PAPER! How embarrassing for you.

Maybe Reggie quit because he felt guilty about trying to get over on chump-bait like you. Now, go buy the next $60 dollar Nintendo prior-gen port and stop whining!

Aww one more time you gotta push the narrative. I guess I ruffled your feathers and now you're a victim. I think what's most revealing is you are a narrative-pusher here. It's exactly what I called you out on in the first place.

You are pushing the narrative that manchildren are buying LABO.

You are pushing the narrative I told you to take cardboard with you when you go outside.

Now you are pushing the narrative I'm a dumpster-diving goon that buys anything branded by Nintendo. There are a plethora of things I will never buy from Nintendo.

What narrative will you push next?

Luckily for you, I am going out for the day. That gives you all the opportunity to push all the narrative without my response. Have fun with that.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 True_Link
Member since 2019 • 243 Posts

Did anyone notice he already has 10 karma?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BenjaminBanklin
@jaydan said:

Aww one more time you gotta push the narrative. I guess I ruffled your feathers and now you're a victim. I think what's most revealing is you are a narrative-pusher here. It's exactly what I called you out on in the first place.

You are pushing the narrative that manchildren are buying LABO.

You are pushing the narrative I told you to take cardboard with you when you go outside.

Now you are pushing the narrative I'm a dumpster-diving goon that buys anything branded by Nintendo. There are a plethora of things I will never buy from Nintendo.

What narrative will you push next?

Luckily for you, I am going out for the day. That gives you all the opportunity to shit-post me without my response. Have fun with that.

Yes, go outside and take a breather and stop taking people insulting LABO personally. Good grief, of all the things to white-knight for. Don't take an L for Nintendo over their most notorious product. Jesus H. Christ! And stay outta those dumpsters!

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

What a streaming pile of shit(posting). It's not Fanwars and when half the posts are one-off klassics like "eat the corn from my poo"...