Now that MS owns Activision/Blizzard, who has the best first party talent?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SolidGame_basic

Poll Now that MS owns Activision/Blizzard, who has the best first party talent? (64 votes)

Nintendo has the best first party! 45%
Nope, it’s Sony actually. 31%
Yes of course, MS now has the best first party! 23%

For me it’s still between Sony and Nintendo. Nintendo has an incredible team when it comes to its core IPs. The open Zelda world games are landmark games for sure. There’s nothing like Smash Bros and no one has come close to making a Smash clone. Mario Kart 8 continues to sell like bananas. Though Mario Odyssey wasn’t the 3d Mario I wanted, it’s still a good game. But when you look beyond that, Nintendo’s first party is not that strong. Pokemon and Animal Crossing are massively popular, but geared towards kids IMO.

Sony has some really amazing talent with Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, Guerilla Games, Insomniac Games, Sucker Punch, Polyphony Digital, Media Molecule, and also acquired great studios like Bungie and Housemarque. All of these companies make really good games, though only problem Sony is having right now is that a lot of their heavy hitters are cinematic third person action/adventure games which happen to be very popular.

As for Microsoft, PlayGround games is their best in my opinion. With Activision, Blizzard, and Bethesda, they have some serious talent too, though I feel like these big companies tend to not take too much risk. Think of Call of Duty.. has it ever felt original in a long time? Out of the three, Bethesda’s Tango Gameworks has some originality, giving us Ghostwire Tokyo and Hi-FI Rush.

If I’m going to go by who has the best first party talent today, going to go with Sony. But they need to do more. Can understand supporting what works, but also give us the Sony that was willing to give us games like Gravity Rush, Warhawk, Twisted Metal, Socom, etc etc.

How about you, SW? Now that MS owns Activision/Blizzard, who has the best first party talent?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Will always be Ninty.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

I would say Nintendo followed by Microsoft and then Sony.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

Nintendo Switch Mario Kart sold more than all Sony and Microsoft first party combined. And thats just one game. **** yall smoking?

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 514 Posts

Sony has the most GOTY awards out of all three. I think Microsoft is finally going to get some great 1st party titles but it's years off and I can't stand Nintendo so I guess Sony wins by default.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

@pcgamerlaszlo: GOTY??? Nintendo's Mario Kart isnt even eligible for GOTY cause its racing. But yet its almost 70 million copies sold. Thats more sales than history of Sony first party sales in the history combined.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 514 Posts

@mesome713: I don't care about sales, nor do I care about Mario Kart #14. Microsoft made more money than Nintendo did this year so far in 3rd place so sales are a moot point.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45314 Posts

@mesome713: pretty sure Call of Duty has sold way more than Mario Kart has

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

Microsoft. Nobody is as talented at stealing breast milk. They're quicker than Sonic.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#9 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

Nintendo.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

Nintendo has the same titles fron nes just with better graphics and gameplay. It's mostly a console for kids so of course those titles will sell the most. Their top titles will always be Zelda, Mario and Pokemon games.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

who in activision blizzard have talent?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6404 Posts

Nintendo is a bad option. I mean Mario 657, Zelda 379, Pokemon 521 etc.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

I voted Nintendo because of SOCOMs absence. If and when SONY brings back that franchise then my answer could easily change.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

IMO always has been Nintendo.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9827 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Think is go with Nintendo first too, though it’s strange that you’d go with COD as lacking originality while practically every Sony game past, present and future is a 3rd person action adventure.

MS will have huge name games like COD, Starfield, Elder Scrolls and Forza while going less mainstream with games like Pentiment, HiFi Rush and Deathloop.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

Activision/Blizzard changes little.

Ninty > Sony > MS

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70008 Posts

Play what you like.🤷🏽‍♀️

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Nintendo, undisputably.

Sony hit their stride with the movie game, which they did spectacularly well (if you like that sort of thing). Now the novelty's worn thin, I'm not sure what they've still got going for them. A couple of atrociously feeble pc ports and sweet FA in terms of first party during ps5's life to date suggests they've lost their cutting edge a bit.

MS has more games I give a toss about coming up. Quality still needs proving, but they have the talent onboard, no doubt. It's just a case of managing it effectively.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23949 Posts

MS owning Actiblizz makes no difference, havent enjoyed a Blizz game since Starcraft 2.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

Sony fans will defend their 1st party like crazy and then play the victim when they're called out for all being 3rd person action adventure games that lack replay value and have close to zero monetary value after a year on the market.... I will say that at least what they put out has some talent behind it even if most of it isn't my thing.

Xbox just baffles me. They could have 100 first party studios and would still have 2 year droughts. I really do believe they're trying to be more than Halo Forza Gears, but that's what they've been for about 20 years and everything else is a smaller game or something that's trying to be a spectacle and (spectacularly haha see what I did there) flops.

It's easily Nintendo.

EastLand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EastLand
Member since 2018 • 300 Posts

It's still Sony out of the two 'serious' consoles (if you can call them that, Microsoft have a lot of studios under their belt now but still have a lot to prove. Nintendo are in a space all of their own but there no denying their position at the top, I personally don't like their style of games though I must admit.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16576 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: lmfao at Sony, they're dead last. I can't even recall what first party games Sony even has. The ps5 is a garbage system.

The switch has great 1st party titles, and I'd say they edge out Xbox.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pedro

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@SolidGame_basic: lmfao at Sony, they're dead last. I can't even recall what first party games Sony even has. The ps5 is a garbage system.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3453 Posts

Nintendo and it's not even close.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@pcgamerlaszlo: GOTY??? Nintendo's Mario Kart isnt even eligible for GOTY cause its racing. But yet its almost 70 million copies sold. Thats more sales than history of Sony first party sales in the history combined.

Mario Kart have sold a very impressive amount, but let’s not get beside ourselves here.

GOW 2018 - 19 million

SM - 20 million

UC4 - 16 million

TLoU2 - 10 million

HZD - 10 million

And that just destroyed the bolded part of your post because this right here put the total at 75 million which is 5 million ahead of Mario Kart. Also this is just the ps4 gen, with the most recent data taken in 2020 (3 years ago).

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@Pedro said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Ah, come on. You've got to admire the dedication to the schtick. Gave me a chuckle anyway.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro
@ermacness said:
@mesome713 said:

Mario Kart have sold a very impressive amount, but let’s not get beside ourselves here.

GOW 2018 - 19 million

SM - 20 million

UC4 - 16 million

TLoU2 - 10 million

HZD - 10 million

And that just destroyed the bolded part of your post because this right here put the total at 75 million which is 5 million ahead of Mario Kart. Also this is just the ps4 gen, with the most recent data taken in 2020 (3 years ago).

5 games to match the sales of one game still validates his point.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Sony by an astral landslide lmao.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

In term of graphical fidelity I give it to Xbox since they now own ActiBliz. The studios still fumbles at making games for some reason.

For creative wise I give it to Nintendo. I dont like nintendo games but I applaud them commiting less popular genres like jrpg and strategy game (fire emblem, Xenoblade, Pikmin) as their premier exclusive titles.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18805 Posts

@pcgamerlaszlo: @mesome713:

Too be fair, there are way more options on PS/Xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Obviously Microsoft

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts

@Pedro said:
@ermacness said:
@mesome713 said:

GOW 2018 - 19 million

SM - 20 million

UC4 - 16 million

TLoU2 - 10 million

HZD - 10 million

How??!!

I mean do you even read what you type before posting??!!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

Nintendo, followed by MS.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#34  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17847 Posts

Sony > Microsoft > Nintendo

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3453 Posts

It says a lot that Sony has to spend like a billion to match Mario Kart.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1329 Posts

I like Games

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17847 Posts

For me personally it's still Nintendo->Sony->MS at the moment.

Bethesda haven't put out a great game since skyrim. Obsidian are great but we will need to see how they go under MSs umbrella.

I haven't bought an Acti Blizzard game since Diablo 3 on the PS3. Blizzard could be an absolute belter of a developer if they could just cut out the nonsense.....but they can't. They are pathologically addicted to doing really stupid. I mean on paper i should be looking forward to D4. But I'm just waiting for them to bite. I'm waiting for the "Aha...gotchya now suckers!". So their purchase does little to raise the appeal of MSs first party output for me.

On the broader stage though MSs first party is formidable on paper at least. COD, Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo, Elder scrolls, fallout, Halo (needs a reboot), Forza, Dishonoured etc...they have a lot of variety now and a lot of development capacity. In terms of sheer size at least it's probably the biggest of the 3.

Just remains to be seen if they can deliver and convert it into hits and increasing sub revenue and maybe some Xbox sales.

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

I think Microsoft owning Bethesda is more for me than the Activision stuff. But to answer the question, Nintendo studios > Playstation studios > Microsoft studios

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

Are you implying ActiBlizz makes some form of difference?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

Microsoft is better than Sony for sure. But that was true even before they acquired Activision.

But in order of best to worst:

1. Nintendo
  2. Xbox
  3. PlayStation
Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7246 Posts

@Pedro said:
@ermacness said:
@mesome713 said:

GOW 2018 - 19 million

SM - 20 million

UC4 - 16 million

TLoU2 - 10 million

HZD - 10 million

fact is sony fans or xbox fans are buying different type of games from third party to first party.

70 million copies for one game is bad for other developers making games for switch.

if they can sell 70 million and sell third party just as much as the other 2 that would be a feat.

sony exclusives would never sell that much nor xbox because other games are selling. games like call of duty or rdr and many more.

switch players only buy nin exclusives. from zelda or mario or pokemon.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7246 Posts
@kvallyx said:

Microsoft is better than Sony for sure. But that was true even before they acquired Activision.

1. Nintendo
  2. Xbox
  3. PlayStation

I don't think anyone can say this sense 360 era. stop just stop. sony been releasing some huge hitters sense ps4. xbox can not keep up.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

fact is sony fans or xbox fans are buying different type of games from third party to first party.

70 million copies for one game is bad for other developers making games for switch.

if they can sell 70 million and sell third party just as much as the other 2 that would be a feat.

sony exclusives would never sell that much nor xbox because other games are selling. games like call of duty or rdr and many more.

switch players only buy nin exclusives. from zelda or mario or pokemon.

I am not sure what point you are making.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

1. Nintendo
  2. Xbox
  3. PlayStation

I don't think anyone can say this sense 360 era. stop just stop. sony been releasing some huge hitters sense ps4. xbox can not keep up.

We will just have to agree to disagree. It's all good in the hood.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Single player action I would say Sony (like TLOU)

RPG- Xbox (Fallout, Skyrim, etc)

Arcade Racing - Xbox (Forza Horizon)

Sim Racing - Xbox (Forza Motorsport)

Shooter - Xbox (COD)

Arcade Platformer - Nintendo (Mario etc)

Probably other categories but I do not think one company takes the award as "best"

faponte13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 faponte13
Member since 2013 • 263 Posts

I would have said Xbox with Bethesda but it's gonna take 11 years for another elder scrolls games.

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#47 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

Blizzard doesn't make video games. They make money!