Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#701 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Wait wait wait. So let me get this straight. Even WITH titanfall PS4 outsold the one?

Jesus H Christ, it's a Juggernaut.

Also where are the Titanfall numbers?

Over at Gaf silly :P

TF did >1 million

ISS did >500k

PS4 did 371k

X1 did 311k.

So yeah. Sh!t went down haha XD

Ohh my god a whole 60K?

Ok on a serious note. With microsofts biggest ace in the hole what now?

Titanfall sold incredibly well there's no question about that.

But if titanfall was supposed to be this HUGE system seller ( we even discussed it yesterday)

I mean what the hell does MS do? Sony managed to outsell them again, with their biggest game of the year out.

MS needs three things to help their situation.

1. Price parity or below the PS4. This will lead to far more consistent sales per month in its strongest regions. Its inevitable. I stand on the side of keep Kinect in the box and take the loss, but whether they keep it or not they have to get that price parity. And if the PS4 does one they have to match it. They cannot be the more expensive console, period, end of story.

2. Exclusive first and 3rd party games. As always, games are the key. Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 will be huge and sell systems.

3. Kinect-centric features that are built from the ground up and show off what Kinect can do like Twitch Broadcasting, Upload Studio, Xbox Fitness, and the new YouTube app as well as a full year of NFL Fantasy Football. They need to secure football overseas and the MLB, NBA, and NHL here

Those three things do not guarantee the One outsells the PS4 worldwide. But they will lead to a great deal of more consistent sales in its key areas. the One is at 4+ million sales, the PS4 at 7+ million sales. The 360/PS3 are each at 80+ million. Tons of gamers haven't upgraded yet so MS is far from out of the race, but they have their work cut out for them. Thank God Phil is at the wheel now.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#702 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@Animal-Mother said:

Wait wait wait. So let me get this straight. Even WITH titanfall PS4 outsold the one?

No only that Titanfall numbers are mix,PC+xbox + bundles (Free copies) all been accounted and they sold like 1 million + between all.

It is a disaster for Titanfall i am sure the game hasn't even brake even yet,and considering the huge amount of money MS put behind the xbox one version for advertising which even included them sites adds and videos even on sites like metacritics,the game can be consider a total disaster..

Is basically this gen Shenmue...lol

@StormyJoe said:

You are reading more into every piece of verbiage than you should be. These are video game sales articles, not national security documents or :legalese" documents.

They do not know exact distributor sales - not unless each retailer specifically tells them. Mostly, it's a "guestimate." Sorry, but it's the truth. Suppliers really only know "sold" as sold to retailers/distributors.

And, @tormentos, you need to get out more. Really. I cannot believe someone would spend so much time looking up articles to try and prove a point. Good try, thought. You're wrong, but it was a good try. Oh, and saying I don't know what I am talking about is probably the funniest thing I have heard all week - I am a lead developer/DBA at a marketing company. Pretty sure I know how marketing works...

WTF n is 2014 you can't sell a damn article without it been register by the parent company seller period.

No sell to consumers is sell to consumers and they know this are transaction that get recorded man,is not 1995,is 2014 every machine sold out there get scanned and mark as sold,sony knows exactly how many units every retailer has,and how many are sold period because retailers talk to sony,is sony ship 1 million and retailers sold 950,000 sony knows this for fact.

A different thing is that they tell you,do you know how much sony sold on this month NPD.? We don't know sony didn't tell still the PS4 was the best seller this month,while MS sold 311k and wasn't see..

And here it comes the whole lets derail the point and make this about Tormentos not having a life because he royally owned my ass over..hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sad dude very sad,i have to say it Kuu2 actually surprise

@I_can_haz said:

StormyJoe stop owning yourself already. Sony's number sare sold through to customers NOT shipped. M$ is giving shipped numbers because they are ashamed of using their actual sold through to customers numbers because it will reveal how much bigger the gap is.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ign-titanfall-will-be-an-xbox-one-system-seller-31052691/?page=1

This is why he is so upset..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Titanfail...lol

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#703 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

TF did >1 million

ISS did >500k

PS4 did 371k

X1 did 311k.

Ohh my god a whole 60K?

But if titanfall was supposed to be this HUGE system seller ( we even discussed it yesterday)

I mean what the hell does MS do? Sony managed to outsell them again, with their biggest game of the year out.

1. Price parity or below the PS4. This will lead to far more consistent sales per month in its strongest regions. Its inevitable. I stand on the side of keep Kinect in the box and take the loss, but whether they keep it or not they have to get that price parity. And if the PS4 does one they have to match it. They cannot be the more expensive console, period, end of story.

2. Exclusive first and 3rd party games. As always, games are the key. Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 will be huge and sell systems.

3. Kinect-centric features that are built from the ground up and show off what Kinect can do like Twitch Broadcasting, Upload Studio, Xbox Fitness, and the new YouTube app as well as a full year of NFL Fantasy Football. They need to secure football overseas and the MLB, NBA, and NHL here

Those three things do not guarantee the One outsells the PS4 worldwide. But they will lead to a great deal of more consistent sales in its key areas. the One is at 4+ million sales, the PS4 at 7+ million sales. The 360/PS3 are each at 80+ million. Tons of gamers haven't upgraded yet so MS is far from out of the race, but they have their work cut out for them. Thank God Phil is at the wheel now.

Agree with 1.

2. Won't happen. The world's so different when it comes to this kinda stuff. Nobody wants to get bought in to a system that A is selling fairly well but there's another 3-4 things you can put it on things like PS4, PC and possibly the Wii-U. Especially when the competitors have higher install bases.

3. Kinect has gotta be dropped. I know it's a great feature of the system. But I bet you that's one of the reasons it hasn't picked up as high as an attach rate. God knows why they just didn't make a kinectless SKU for launch. The thing is nobody wants a peripheral shoved down their throat as mandatory.

Yeah MS has a hard long road dude. Titanfall was supposed to be THE game though man. It was, the way everyone was talking about it. The way it was being hyped. But common Shawn even with the 50 dollar price cut. Giving the game away for free in bundles. All the retailer specific offers it still failed to beat the PS4. This was supposed to be the FLAGSHIP title for the xbox one this year. The game that was supposed to usher in the new generation, the "winner of x amount of E3 awards" yada yada yada yada. What the hell happened?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#704 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

It's time to stop posting, Joe.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#705  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts
@tormentos said:
@Animal-Mother said:

No only that Titanfall numbers are mix,PC+xbox + bundles (Free copies) all been accounted and they sold like 1 million + between all.

It is a disaster for Titanfall i am sure the game hasn't even brake even yet,and considering the huge amount of money MS put behind the xbox one version for advertising which even included them sites adds and videos even on sites like metacritics,the game can be consider a total disaster..

@StormyJoe said:

You are reading more into every piece of verbiage than you should be. These are video game sales articles, not national security documents or :legalese" documents.

They do not know exact distributor sales - not unless each retailer specifically tells them. Mostly, it's a "guestimate." Sorry, but it's the truth. Suppliers really only know "sold" as sold to retailers/distributors.

And, @tormentos, you need to get out more. Really. I cannot believe someone would spend so much time looking up articles to try and prove a point. Good try, thought. You're wrong, but it was a good try. Oh, and saying I don't know what I am talking about is probably the funniest thing I have heard all week - I am a lead developer/DBA at a marketing company. Pretty sure I know how marketing works...

WTF n is 2014 you can't sell a damn article without it been register by the parent company seller period.

No sell to consumers is sell to consumers and they know this are transaction that get recorded man,is not 1995,is 2014 every machine sold out there get scanned and mark as sold,sony knows exactly how many units every retailer has,and how many are sold period because retailers talk to sony,is sony ship 1 million and retailers sold 950,000 sony knows this for fact.

A different thing is that they tell you,do you know how much sony sold on this month NPD.? We don't know sony didn't tell still the PS4 was the best seller this month,while MS sold 311k and wasn't see..

And here it comes the whole lets derail the point and make this about Tormentos not having a life because he royally owned my ass over..hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

@I_can_haz said:

StormyJoe stop owning yourself already. Sony's number sare sold through to customers NOT shipped. M$ is giving shipped numbers because they are ashamed of using their actual sold through to customers numbers because it will reveal how much bigger the gap is.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ign-titanfall-will-be-an-xbox-one-system-seller-31052691/?page=1

Titanfail...lol

Stormyjoe having a burner haha

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#706 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Animal-Mother said:

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz said:

Titanfail...lol

No. That's not at all how it works. The supplier only knows shipped sales. Sony can reasonably estimate retail sales because of how their demand is panning out - if retailers are telling them "we are out of stock, send more ASAP", they can reasonably infer that what they have shipped already is in the hands of the consumer. But, they do not "know" that for a fact unless the retailer gives them actual sales figures; which most retailers do not do.

The only industry that I am aware of that forces retailers to tell the supplier about actual sales is the auto industry - and that's because the dealership bylaws in regards to labor.

You really think that when someone buys a PS4 at Target, and the UPC code is scanned at the register, Sony knows about it? Really?

And, TitanFall has been a system seller - just not enough of one to put the XB1 above the PS4. Do you think MS would have been able to sell as many XB1s as they did without it?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#707  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@tormentos said:

@I_can_haz said:

Titanfail...lol

ooooooooooooooooo dat burn!!! hahahha @StormyJoe what happened brah?? haha the ownage in this thread will only be topped by the 'titanfall 2 announced for ps4' thread

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#708 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe:

I'm a lead DBA at a software company, so does that mean I know what I'm talking about? :D

CONFIRMED

#legendary

It depends on what you are talking about. If you say that performance tuned APIs do not affect software performance, then I'd question the validity of your position.

As a DBA, I am sure you are aware of the performance gains you get from things like indexes and de-normalization. If you added indexes to the search fields of a table, and performance tuned stored procedures that an application uses, does it not improve the performance of the application? Of course it does - the same as in a pure DBA world, using a new version of a reserved function that runs several times faster will improve your stored procedures, ETL, SSIS packages, etc.

I'm more talking about how awesome SONY and the PS4 is doing :D

or in other words:

ALTER INDEX MS.XBONE REBUILD; FOLLOW SONY'S BY GAMERS FOR GAMERS MANTRA

ANALYZE TABLE TITANFALL COMPUTE STATISTICS=NOT AS GOOD AS LEMS HOPED.

:P

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#709  Edited By StormyJoe

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe:

I'm a lead DBA at a software company, so does that mean I know what I'm talking about? :D

CONFIRMED

#legendary

It depends on what you are talking about. If you say that performance tuned APIs do not affect software performance, then I'd question the validity of your position.

As a DBA, I am sure you are aware of the performance gains you get from things like indexes and de-normalization. If you added indexes to the search fields of a table, and performance tuned stored procedures that an application uses, does it not improve the performance of the application? Of course it does - the same as in a pure DBA world, using a new version of a reserved function that runs several times faster will improve your stored procedures, ETL, SSIS packages, etc.

I'm more talking about how awesome SONY and the PS4 is doing :D

or in other words:

ALTER INDEX MS.XBONE REBUILD; FOLLOW SONY'S BY GAMERS FOR GAMERS MANTRA

ANALYZE TABLE TITANFALL COMPUTE STATISTICS=NOT AS GOOD AS LEMS HOPED.

:P

I don't want to admit it, but I laughed at that. Good one.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#710 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

TF did >1 million

ISS did >500k

PS4 did 371k

X1 did 311k.

Ohh my god a whole 60K?

Agree with 1.

2. Won't happen. The world's so different when it comes to this kinda stuff. Nobody wants to get bought in to a system that A is selling fairly well but there's another 3-4 things you can put it on things like PS4, PC and possibly the Wii-U. Especially when the competitors have higher install bases.

3. Kinect has gotta be dropped. I know it's a great feature of the system. But I bet you that's one of the reasons it hasn't picked up as high as an attach rate. God knows why they just didn't make a kinectless SKU for launch. The thing is nobody wants a peripheral shoved down their throat as mandatory.

Yeah MS has a hard long road dude. Titanfall was supposed to be THE game though man. It was, the way everyone was talking about it. The way it was being hyped. But common Shawn even with the 50 dollar price cut. Giving the game away for free in bundles. All the retailer specific offers it still failed to beat the PS4. This was supposed to be the FLAGSHIP title for the xbox one this year. The game that was supposed to usher in the new generation, the "winner of x amount of E3 awards" yada yada yada yada. What the hell happened?

2. MS money is damn powerful when it wants to be, so they will secure a couple of things due to that.

3. True, agreed even though I enjoy Kinect myself.

As for Titanfall, the game reviewed well and sold over 1 million copies in its first month. Its a new IP, the hype was outrageous but the quality of the game is there. It didn't sell One's IMHO due to the biggest thing against the One, its price. The game will be supported with free modes and new DLC maps all year long and will likely sell 3 million copies by the end of the year. Outside of price I don't know why TF didn't move more consoles. All I know is how much I enjoy it. But again, looking at the big picture, price parity is key. MS has the money to always get games. That's their strength and they use it when a title calls for it. But MS has heavy hitters coming (Halo 5, Gears of War 4) and new unannounced IP's. The key right now isnt catching the PS4 this year. I don't think that's possible. They have to drive consistent strong sales in their key markets and shore them up with the best content and price possible. When that happens they can worry about trying to catch the leader, but they aren't there yet. There is no magic button or game that will ensure victory. It never works that way. But they have to get back in the game by making smart moves and in recent weeks they've been doing just that.

Titanfall, despite being a great game that sold damn well for a new IP, was overhyped when it comes to being a huge system seller. Sad but true, and not Respawns fault. I think the game is still very important to MS and worth doing everything they can to secure it and keep it off the PS4. But will that happen, I don't know.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#711 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

$100 isn't meager to most people cow. In fact it's the same argument cows used during the PS3s life along with the year head start. More expensive IS more expensive and then compound that with ALL the negative press MS received prior to launch.

The 360 was 299 and 399 the PS3 as 499 and 599 how in the hell is that 300 dollars cheaper?

How about you just get out of here cow. You can't even form your own thoughts loser. Your thoughts are nothing more than Sony's. Go back to your moms basement kid, Sony will let you know when it's time to come out.

Man up and accept ownage when I never made ANY sales predictions and I NEVER even cared about sales. You sound pretty stupid dude.

$299 cheaper xbox 360 $599 most expensive PS3 tell me the difference isn't $300 again..

Oh but wait you are arguing that price is the reason the PS4 is ahead because the PS4 is $100 cheaper,so that mean most people were going for the cheaper xbox 360 $299 which when the cheapest PS3 was $499 $200 more,so here you are complaining about the PS4 been $100 cheaper,when some retailers out there now are selling the xbox one for $449 with a damn free game,and even MS own site has a deal on it,that cut the difference to $50.

When the PS3 was $200 more expensive didn't come with a game and had to battle it out while been way more expensive,fact is you want to buy and xbox one for less than $500 you can and with 1 game,on walmart and other retailers to.

I find this funny hypocrite since you have claim that xbox live isn't $60 because you can buy it for less online,so the argument you have use as well as other lemmings now suddenly is invalid and the price is $500,when the topic is xbox live is $60 which is even on MS site,you claim you can get it cheaper..lol

Man i took pictures of it $449 with Titanfall Bundle that is $10 less than a PS4 with Infamous and started since march 21 on walmart and still going..lol

@Tighaman said:

Poor little children if yall had any business sense you would see........

X1 5 million in 13 counties at 500 a pop is>>>>>>>>>>> PS4 7 million in 70 countries at 400 a pop

Now if the x1 was in 70 countries you could call it failing but its not its kicking but

The xbox one hasn't sold 5 million units,it has sold like 4.2 million the rest are sitting down on retailers stock rooms,just like 900k were unsold on holiday 2013..hahaha

@StormyJoe said:

Everyone bitched and moaned that the XB1 was too expensive, and when MS does something about it, you go off and say it's a bad thing? Ever hear of the word "hypocrite"?

TitanFall sold more than Infamous: Second Son, and it was on the lesser selling console. So, obviously, people bought XB1s to play Titan Fall. Is that not the definition of a system seller? Exactly how many copies do you think it should have sold? There are only 5 million XB1s out there - 1 million is a pretty high attach rate.

Actually i am not bitching about it,i am telling you what retailers did with MS approval so they could move units from stockrooms.

I told you already if retailers have 900k unsold they will not buy more units period,they have to sell first,units were not selling you saw January NPD is was a disaster for MS not even 150K sold.

So a bundle came in on February with a free game,and then on march a price slash by retailers on that same bundle,so now retailers moved some units,and they buy more,MS give the appearance of moving xbox one faster and that help their fiscal report as well,remember there are some big wig looking right into the eye of those xbox one sales at MS.

So yeah MS shipped 3.9 million units until December 28,and 1.1 million more in the next 3 months that isn't good.

They are at 4.2 probably sold and i am been generous..

Titanfall is been accounted join... hahahhaaaaaa

Bundles+ xbox one + PC..haha it sold like 1 million + is a total disaster,i bet that infamous on PS4 outsold Titanfall on xbox one,because from what is been say it sold 1 million+ and it is been say that include PC,xbox one and Bundles which is a joke since those were free..lol

No there are 4.2 million xbox one out there,not 5 for all we know like December 800k still sitting at retailers,it already happen on December MS shipped 3.9 million only sold 3 million the rest don't count until sold.

You don't compare the cheapest 360 with the most expensive PS3 you moron. Bottom line was that you could get the PS3 for 499.

Nom I'm not arguing price is a the reason. I said it's a factor along with other reasons. Tell me why the PS4 is selling so well? Does it's library blow away the XOnes?

It's still the more expensive console and if you think people don't look at price then you're dumber than I thought.

Where have I brought up Live prices? WTF does THAT have to do with this argument? Hypocrite? I'm still waiting for that proof you'd say you had of me being a hypocrite. Let me guess, you couldn't find anything huh moron? BTW how's your PS4, that's right you don't own one. Sad pathetic little man

A bundle that started at the end of March and you're trying to use that as proof of something? The price drop is recent and I'm talking about since launch moron.

Go play with your....................PS2

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#712 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ign-titanfall-will-be-an-xbox-one-system-seller-31052691/?page=1/

"TCHBO" ... classic.

Actually, I'm pretty surprised that there's really only one Xbox One fan having a meltdown in this thread. I'm looking at you, Kingtito. You made this thread deliver.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#713 GrenadeLauncher
@Dire_Weasel said:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ign-titanfall-will-be-an-xbox-one-system-seller-31052691/?page=1/

"TCHBO" ... classic.

Actually, I'm pretty surprised that there's really only one Xbox One fan having a meltdown in this thread. I'm looking at you, Kingtito. You made this thread deliver.

I think deep down they've all come to terms with the Xbone being a massive pile of dogshit.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#714 StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

"TCHBO" ... classic.

I think deep down they've all come to terms with the Xbone being a massive pile of dogshit.

Cows... you folks live in a fantasy world.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#715  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts
@Dire_Weasel said:

"TCHBO" ... classic.

actually they are hiding in a bunker everytime they send someone, this time stormyjoe tryouts

waits for WilliamRbaker to come out

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#716  Edited By Animal-Mother

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

TF did >1 million

ISS did >500k

PS4 did 371k

X1 did 311k.

Ohh my god a whole 60K?

Agree with 1.

2. MS money is damn powerful when it wants to be, so they will secure a couple of things due to that.

3. True, agreed even though I enjoy Kinect myself.

As for Titanfall, the game reviewed well and sold over 1 million copies in its first month. Its a new IP, the hype was outrageous but the quality of the game is there. It didn't sell One's IMHO due to the biggest thing against the One, its price. The game will be supported with free modes and new DLC maps all year long and will likely sell 3 million copies by the end of the year. Outside of price I don't know why TF didn't move more consoles. All I know is how much I enjoy it. But again, looking at the big picture, price parity is key. MS has the money to always get games. That's their strength and they use it when a title calls for it. But MS has heavy hitters coming (Halo 5, Gears of War 4) and new unannounced IP's. The key right now isnt catching the PS4 this year. I don't think that's possible. They have to drive consistent strong sales in their key markets and shore them up with the best content and price possible. When that happens they can worry about trying to catch the leader, but they aren't there yet. There is no magic button or game that will ensure victory. It never works that way. But they have to get back in the game by making smart moves and in recent weeks they've been doing just that.

Titanfall, despite being a great game that sold damn well for a new IP, was overhyped when it comes to being a huge system seller. Sad but true, and not Respawns fault. I think the game is still very important to MS and worth doing everything they can to secure it and keep it off the PS4. But will that happen, I don't know.

2. Ok so money talks. But their money didn't talk for the flagship title of the year.....

3. Kinect is awesome in theory and it works quite well. It's a shame the need for it for gaming isn't there yet

And yeah it's not respawns fault. They made a great game. It's a shame though MS tried to put it in the league of Halo, Gears and Forza. Granted MS will wanna pay a lot to keep the next one exclusive. With 7 million plus PS4s in the wild i think that's a bet EA isn't willing to take, no matter how much money MS throws at them this time ( In reality who knows)

Also with your whole price disparity and MS willing to pay to get the games. Those days are dead. They did the damage with the 360 ( and when I say damage I mean they stole a TON of thunder from sony essentially opening up most devs and publishers to just pure third party development with the 360) But MS can't bully or entice people with money when again their heaviest hitter this year didn't move a shit ton of consoles and sold a million across PC + The One with sales, retailer perks and a packaging the game for free(Information from gaf not sure if this is correct but please correct me if i'm wrong).

But yes they need to make the smartest moves. There's no doubt in my mind sonys gonna bring it again. They learned the hard way and they will not let this lead go by any means. MS has to be solely gamer centric and to do that they have to bring a shit ton of gamer confidence and a lot of unique new IPs

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#717  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@Animal-Mother: dude forget it, shawn lives in a alternative reality where m$ can buy anything they want (yet they dont buy cod/gta/bf for some reason or sell x1 for $50 and destroy the competition, it cant be the money because they have unlimited amounts apparently)

^^^dat gap, its getting wider. x1 sold around 3.9-4.4m while ps4 is at around 7m.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

I think the issue is that xboxone is not winning in any market. 60k gap isn't huge in US but US is MS's biggest audience. They are getting wrecked in the EU and every other market.

Their system seller didn't push enough units.

MS needs a kinectless version and a price point of 350 given the specs.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#719 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@super600 said:

I have a funny feeling titanfall along with the price deals/console bundles provided a bigger boost for the xbox one than infamous second son provided for the PS4. The xbox one will be in first this month.

Amusing how your prediction failed horribly, do you have any more?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#720 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

Any specific melt downs worth checking out? I haven't checked the thread since yesterday.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#721 GrenadeLauncher
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Animal-Mother: dude forget it, shawn lives in a alternative reality where m$ can buy anything they want (yet they dont buy cod/gta/bf for some reason or sell x1 for $50 and destroy the competition, it cant be the money because they have unlimited amounts apparently)

^^^dat gap, its getting wider. x1 sold around 3.9-4.4m while ps4 is at around 7m.

Slovakia will totally save the Xbone though.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#722 StormyJoe

@lglz1337 said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

"TCHBO" ... classic.

actually they are hiding in a bunker everytime they send someone, this time stormyjoe tryouts

Sorry, but I still think TitanFall was/is a system seller.

Not sure where all these "butthurt" or "owned" comments are coming from. I did not pull the prediction out of thin air, I was quoting IGN - take it up with them.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#723 Animal-Mother

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337 said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

"TCHBO" ... classic.

Not sure where all these "butthurt" or "owned" comments are coming from. I did not pull the prediction out of thin air, I was quoting IGN - take it up with them.

Question. If it is such a system seller and was Microsoft and the xbox ones flagship title for march heralded as the second coming how the hell did the PS4 outsell it?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#724 kinectthedots

@lostrib said:

Well looks like titanfall did help

but this should be fun

lol, yeah they included PC numbers with xbox one in order to beat Infamous Second Son sales on PS4 alone. Fun times indeed.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#725 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

Well looks like titanfall did help

but this should be fun

lol, yeah they included PC numbers with xbox one in order to beat Infamous Second Son sales on PS4 alone. Fun times indeed.

...do you really think PC retail added that much?

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#726  Edited By jsolidus
Member since 2011 • 171 Posts

I said since February that titanfall would not be a system seller. sure M$ got a bump but not enough to praise titanfall as a system seller. This is quite sad now and any lem who tries to defend it is damage controlling. Retailers, on their own price dropped the x1 because it was not selling. The x1 had a big game coming out that was free with purchase of a specific x1, still didn't beat the competition.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#727 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Lol @StormyJoe got rekt in this thread... He can dish out the "hurr durr you're butthurt" in his thread but can't take it here smh

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#728 ghostwarrior786

@tyloss said:

IF THE PS4 doesn't outsell the XB1 this last month, I want a permanent ban.

^^there was so much at stake haha a shame few lems wernt as confident as this, would have to deal with less scum

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#730 Heil68

^^ obvious he thinks MS needs more business.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#731 StormyJoe

@Animal-Mother said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337 said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

"TCHBO" ... classic.

Question. If it is such a system seller and was Microsoft and the xbox ones flagship title for march heralded as the second coming how the hell did the PS4 outsell it?

I did not give it that much praise. All I said is that it was going to be a system seller, and IMO it was. W/o Titanfall, we'd have another scenario like in January, where the PS4 creamed the XB1.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#732 StormyJoe

@Couth_ said:

Lol @StormyJoe got rekt in this thread... He can dish out the "hurr durr you're butthurt" in his thread but can't take it here smh

I don't even know who you are...

Regardless, explaining my position and not "being able to take it" are quite dissimilar.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#733 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

5 million in 13 countries at $500>>>>>>>>>>>7 million in 70+ countries at $400

and better attach rate but whatever makes cows feel better about that zofran they taken.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#735 kinectthedots

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The tears on Twitter, you guys. The tears. The lemming scum are even denying it's 7 million PS4s sold to consumers!

Where do you see 7 million SOLD TO CONSUMERS? They've only said that when they announced the 1 million units sold in 24hrs. Both Sony and Microsoft stated it was "Sold To Consumers". Everything after that have been sold to retailers.

What's really funny is people keep forgetting that XB1 is still only in 13 countries and has already hit 5 million sold to retailers. Impressive. PS4 sales are a bit more impressive, but they are in over 40 countries now and Europe is pro Sony. We'll see hot things go when XB1 launches in China in July and the other 30 countries in Sept. Should be interesting.

HAHAHAHAHA lmfao, Oh blackace how right you were....

@blackace said:

I predict a lot of butthurt and damage control happening in this thread once the numbers are announced.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#736 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@Tighaman said:

and better attach rate but whatever makes cows feel better about that zofran they taken.

Once again, PNF you didn't seem to care that the xbox360 had a year advantage. Remember the first year xbox360 was out the ps3 launched in zero countries. You completely ignored it for the longest time.

Every single country the ps4 and xboxone are both launched in, the ps4 is beating it. Every single one.

The attach rate is also the same.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#737 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

Mental gymnastics ahoy

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#738  Edited By Heil68

@daious said:

@Tighaman said:

Once again, PNF you didn't seem to care that the xbox360 had a year advantage. Remember the first year xbox360 was out the ps3 launched in zero countries. You completely ignored it for the longest time.

Every single country the ps4 and xboxone are both launched in, the ps4 is beating it. Every single one.

Well said and thus SDC, thank you SONY, the TRUE by gamers FOR gamers company. We are all humbled SONY.<3

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#739 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@daious said:

@Tighaman said:

You sure the PS4 is beating the Xbone in Brazil ?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#740 Animal-Mother

@StormyJoe said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337 said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

"TCHBO" ... classic.

I did not give it that much praise. All I said is that it was going to be a system seller, and IMO it was. W/o Titanfall, we'd have another scenario like in January, where the PS4 creamed the XB1.

Thanks for not answering my question. I asked if you think it's a system seller. How did the PS4 outsell it? Simple as that.

Because with the Ones biggest game out the One kinda did get creamed.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#741 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

Don't know who had the worst meltdown:

KingTito or StormyJoe.

Regardless Lol's were had, Microsoft and Sony did well.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#742 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

Sony Comments on March NDP Victory for PS4: Cites Supply Constraints and inFAMOUS Demand

So Sony was selling everything they could make and it still wasn't enough. Damn.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#743 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

I'm pretty sure it was you who thought it was wise to add "TCHBO" to that lovely thread, which in retrospect, was pretty ironic.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#744 StormyJoe

@Animal-Mother said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337 said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

"TCHBO" ... classic.

Thanks for not answering my question. I asked if you think it's a system seller. How did the PS4 outsell it? Simple as that.

Because with the Ones biggest game out the One kinda did get creamed.

I did answer your question. Without Titanfall, the XB1 would have sold far less that 311K. If sales went from 200K+ in January to 300K+ for the "hype month" and the release month of TitanFall, isn't that a system seller?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#746 StormyJoe

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

I'm pretty sure it was you who thought it was wise to add "TCHBO" to that lovely thread, which in retrospect, was pretty ironic.

Well, that's one way of looking at it. But that link was taken out of context. At the time, most cows were saying that TitanFall was going to be a shitty game, not sell, and not move XB1s. The XB1 jumped 100K or so in the hype month (Feb) and the release month (March), and TitanFall sold almost a million units.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#747  Edited By StormyJoe

@Indicud said:

Sony Comments on March NDP Victory for PS4: Cites Supply Constraints and inFAMOUS Demand

So Sony was selling everything they could make and it still wasn't enough. Damn.

Please, explain this "meltdown".

@Desmonic, a "system seller" means that it increases sales, a la "I bought an XB1 to play TitanFall". It does not necessarily mean "win a sales period over it's competition."

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#748  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@daious said:

@Tighaman said:

Well said and thus SDC, thank you SONY, the TRUE by gamers FOR gamers company. We are all humbled SONY.<3

My god I'm still weak. Genius photoshop.

#GafMeansLife

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#749  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@Indicud said:

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#750 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

If this proves one thing, expect EA to do with Titanfall what they did with Mass Effect and pushed the sequels onto the Playstation as well.