Project 007 vs Splinter cell remake - Which announced yet to be reveal Spy/Stealth game you looking forward to most?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

Poll Project 007 vs Splinter cell remake - Which announced yet to be reveal Spy/Stealth game you looking forward to most? (16 votes)

Splinter cell Remake 44%
Project 007 56%

Hello friends,

so 2 stealthy games yet to released got announced. which one you looking forward to more?

well 007 have better developers as Hitman trilogy is among the best trilogy of all time and it finish so most likely bond game will be reveal at E3 with 2023 release date.

Splinter cell is one of my fav game of all time and its getting remake that is not open world or I really hope its not like conviction or blacklist trash with mark and execute but its wait and see.

Im looking forward to both. im bigger splinter cell fan than bond fan however Bond have better developer with better track record so thats what caught my attention.

whats yours? lets discuss

• 
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59181 Posts

I'd love for the Splinter Cell remake to be great, but it's Ubisoft.

Blacklist was fine, but it's mostly the side missions. It still has Ubi-bullshit in it even when you turn it off. Dumb ass lens flare, Sam moving like he's snorted 3 pounds of coke, the incremental light/sound meter replaced by an on/off switch etc...

The general template of the original Tom Clancy games (R6/SC/GC) were more grounded, realistic stories, with slower methodical gameplay that rewarded thinking first and foremost.

Part of that was the pre-plan phase. Loadouts. Planning. Choosing men and so forth....

Ubisoft have veered far from the template, even stuff people apparently like e.g. Siege, it's fucking unlocking crap with grind and Fortnite characters... Don't want to play that shit, regardless of how praised it is, basically be the video game equivalent of a male prostitute taking it up the pooper.

So yea, generally speaking, far more faith in the new James Bond game. Hitman basically was always low-key in the same vein, barring Contacts where it turned into Taxi Driver/Leon (consequently dope AF)...

Ubisoft has received much backlash for fucking up the IP to the point it doesn't mean shit now. Will they care? Uhh....

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

I'm looking forward to the SPIES game

It's a spin off of the Goldeneye remake mod that is carring a lot of the same DNA.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24996 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Blacklist was fine,

Blacklist was not fine. it was worst in series. after chaos theory each and every splinter cell become worse.

double agent was bad (didnot played superior PS2 version), conviction was worse and blacklist was worst of all.

if Remake capture same feeling of original trilogy than wonderful otherwise ubisoft.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Blacklist was fine,

Blacklist was not fine. it was worst in series. after chaos theory each and every splinter cell become worse.

double agent was bad (didnot played superior PS2 version), conviction was worse and blacklist was worst of all.

if Remake capture same feeling of original trilogy than wonderful otherwise ubisoft.

You are once again correct my friend, apologize for being out of line.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1261 Posts

I look forward to seeing how Ubi screws up Splinter Cell.

Don't care about the bond game atm.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

The only series I can honestly say Ubisoft hasn't ruined that they've released in the past few years is Anno. Anno 1800 is the most recent installment and arguably one of the best Anno games to date.

But as for their meat and potatoes--Far Cry, Tom Clancy, Assassin's Creed--they're at best stale and at worst a disgrace to their pedigree.

I have no faith in Ubisoft to do any of their existing IP's any justice. Also where the hell is the new Settlers game!? Great time to release a new RTS.

Idunno I guess I expect the Bond game to be better, that's not Ubisoft right? Don't get me wrong I would preferSplinter Cell to be good but I don't think it would be.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56278 Posts

I'll go with Splinter Cell Remake just because it's the original spy game that is all about stealth and Bond games have always been more action than stealth so this new Bond game is disqualified as a true spy game.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Splinter Cell remake is more interesting to me, but its probably going to be shit isn't it. Not expecting much from either game.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

A) They're not even remotely alike or the same genre so no idea why you made this thread

B) Both are likely going to suck.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts

F**k Ubisoft!

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#11 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

I don't have much confidence in either game to be honest. But if I had to pick, my hope is that Splinter Cell can come back and be good again.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44630 Posts

Both are potential wildcards that can go either way. Granted Ubisoft will probably make it an online GaaS with loads of microtransactions... but once in a while, despite this, their games can actually be fun, like Ghost Recon Wildlands or Division 2. As for the 007 game, I know nothing about like even who is doing it and I'll just leave it in a state of quantum uncertainty that it could potentially be good or potentially suck by not inquiring.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever

@pelvist said:

Splinter Cell remake is more interesting to me, but its probably going to be shit isn't it. Not expecting much from either game.

so when was last time Hitman developers made a bad game?

maybe absolution in 2012 then they redeem.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

None of them so far. Not only is SC just a remake, it's by Ubisoft. It will, of course, be fucking crap.

And Project 007 I know nothing about. Can't be excited for something I don't know what it is.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup
@lamprey263 said:

Both are potential wildcards that can go either way. Granted Ubisoft will probably make it an online GaaS with loads of microtransactions... but once in a while, despite this, their games can actually be fun, like Ghost Recon Wildlands or Division 2. As for the 007 game, I know nothing about like even who is doing it and I'll just leave it in a state of quantum uncertainty that it could potentially be good or potentially suck by not inquiring.

Ye. It would be fucking great if Ubisoft (unlikely) proved everyone wrong and produced a banger. But they are so out of sync with what the name is, or was associated with that placing any faith in them is a fools errand.

Although disagree about Wildlands, played it, got bored within about 2 hours. Very apparent just busy work grind under the guise of a tactical shooter. Dot the map with as much shit as possible.

Not an issue with OG Ghost Recon, and this is not nostalgia but playing it again last year. Each map is finely handcrafted with none of the bloat or repetition. Granted, was using the Heroes Unleashed mod with ads a bunch of QOL stuff, but that and Rogue Spear etc... and still dope and stand head and shoulders above the shit they produce today.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

None of them so far. Not only is SC just a remake, it's by Ubisoft. It will, of course, be fucking crap.

And Project 007 I know nothing about. Can't be excited for something I don't know what it is.

we know that it being made by best third person spy/stealth developers.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

So what we have to go on, is that it's made by the Hitman devs, and is about Bond. That could mean it's just Hitman with Bond instead of 47. I don't want to play that.

Again, I refuse to hype games I know nothing about. Even though I know things about the people making the game, that doesn't mean I know what the game will be. Now with Bond, they're probably going to be very restricted with what they can do with it, and it might be a worse game because of it, and you'd be better off just playing Hitman for all I know.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

So what we have to go on, is that it's made by the Hitman devs, and is about Bond. That could mean it's just Hitman with Bond instead of 47. I don't want to play that.

Again, I refuse to hype games I know nothing about. Even though I know things about the people making the game, that doesn't mean I know what the game will be. Now with Bond, they're probably going to be very restricted with what they can do with it, and it might be a worse game because of it, and you'd be better off just playing Hitman for all I know.

Yes being made by Hitman developer is enough for me to get hype.

beside also hype for splinter cell remake because its remake instead of open world sequel.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10503 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Blacklist was fine,

i really disliked blacklist but then cup or conan told me to try it on hardest difficulty and it was a much better game. try it ghost it was better than conviction, which seems to get worse each time i return to it, admittedly not often

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghosts4ever

@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Blacklist was fine,

i really disliked blacklist but then cup or conan told me to try it on hardest difficulty and it was a much better game. try it ghost it was better than conviction, which seems to get worse each time i return to it, admittedly not often

I dont like bland level design, invisible walls, sam fisher no longer sam fisher etc.

also mass effect style mission briefing is big no for splinter cell.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

You are once again correct my friend, apologize for being out of line.

I love this abusive relationship you guys have.

Fills my belly with butterflies.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Says..... who? :P

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10503 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Blacklist was fine,

I dont like bland level design, invisible walls, sam fisher no longer sam fisher etc.

i had the exact same criticism but raising the difficulty elevates the gameplay enough to turn a blind eye to those things, and for gameplay connoisseurs like you and i, that surely is the most important thing

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@pelvist said:

so when was last time Hitman developers made a bad game?

maybe absolution in 2012 then they redeem.

Depends who you ask.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#25 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

If someone can make a 007 game that is as beloved and engaging as a Splinter Cell game (as imagined in the current gen), I’m all in for that. Just give us a healthy balance of stealthy goodness and dramatic firefight escapes.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:

i had the exact same criticism but raising the difficulty elevates the gameplay enough to turn a blind eye to those things, and for gameplay connoisseurs like you and i, that surely is the most important thing

Kinda had the opposite opinion, at least with the side-missions, SP def linear as ****, which is why I largely ignored it.

Completely devoid of the bloat Ubisoft has become associated with while retaining sand-box elements for multiple methods of tackling an object with slight (but not obnoxious) randomization to mix things up.

Hawkins Seafort stood out for me. Multiple routes. Multi-level. Varied objectives in the players paths and ways to tackle it. mini-box for experimenting while still be retaining a very tight pace. You can spend upwards of 20 - 30+ minutes, or become prof to the point blast through it in 4-5. Thought it was one of the best maps in the franchise tbh. Reminded me a lot of Ground Zeroes where it's maximizing the potential of it's space, except it's part of a game, rather than an overpriced one.

Loading Video...

The predator maps where it's just waves of enemies, didn't like that at all. Felt too gamey, out of place. And while it's cool they add in routes for COOP only, having a big ass sign saying "COOP ONLY" detracts from the immersion.

Not saying Blacklist is a masterpiece or anything, def has flaws mainly in the SP and dumb Ubisoft shit had to put in for Mountain Dew gamers, but some legit dope map design on the side-missions.