PRT already on PS4 tool set. Like meow.

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@shawn30 said:

All fanboy stuff aside, articles like this are why I feel the first true next-gen games are coming this fall as these new techniques are slowly being enabled. If PS4 and One would have debuted this fall and my God the differences would be dramatic in terms of graphics quality. Great to see tool sets improving rapidly.

I agree with you. Also, all this cross-gen multiplat stuff is definitely holding the systems back. It will be really nice when the publishers decide to cut loose on Gen8.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@kingtito said:

You feeling insecure super cow? Seems like it with all the pro PS4 threads you've been writing and you have the nerve to say you were a lem bahahahahaha so pathetic

He's feeling really insecure like most cows who are afraid at how great DX12 will be.

One of the things he's forgetting however is that Tile Resouces with DX12 is like 5x better then with DX11.1. They are using older versions that won't be equal to what's being done on the XB1.It's really funny that sold is going through all this trouble with Graphine Software’s Granite SDK when the PS4 is suppose to be so much more powerful then the XB1. lol!!

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
@sts106mat said:

@Shewgenja said:

@xhawk27 said:

There are things that Xbox One does better than the PS4... One is physics. Second is tiled streaming, third is multasking. Don't believe me check it out.

Better physics, you say?

As for tiled streaming, jury's out on that. There's not exactly a huge need to squirt texture assets from a limited memory space. Multitasking? Sure, whatever. Bust out the bubbly and crackers yo.

difference there is the xbox one has games with tits in....PS4 games are played by tits

std106mat salty as usual

lmao, all these lemming losers ITT heartbroken that their beloved DX12 won't be all that in the grand scheme of things. Don't worry guys, I'm sure Soda Drinker Pro will fill the emotional hole you have.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@shawn30 said:

All fanboy stuff aside, articles like this are why I feel the first true next-gen games are coming this fall as these new techniques are slowly being enabled. If PS4 and One would have debuted this fall and my God the differences would be dramatic in terms of graphics quality. Great to see tool sets improving rapidly.

I agree with you. Also, all this cross-gen multiplat stuff is definitely holding the systems back. It will be really nice when the publishers decide to cut loose on Gen8.

Uncharted 4 and Halo 5 will be showcase pieces for both consoles. Whatever they can do, however they do it, those two games will be when next gen starts IMHO. I know The Order:1886 looks incredible, but I'm not sold on gameplay. But the sheer amount of talent working on Uncharted 4 and Halo 5 lead me to feel we're just playing higher resolution 360/PS3 games in bigger worlds, but not much else.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

Because it new technology that has never been seen in the industry. Have you not been paying attention to the articles about eSram and tiled resources aka tiling tricks like cows like to call them when they bash lems about it, aka the reason no xbox games have been in 1080 yet because devs aren't as comfortable with it as they are with its predecessor eDram found in 360. The update is to take full advantage of the eSram which devs are not using atm, now it's not the hidden hardware everyone is "talking" about but you should Google Xbox one and esram, then watch M$ 2013 keynote where they and the Granite developers talk about tiled resources and the advantages and the limitations of PRT vs Tiled resources. You riddled yourself on that one, I can't believe you actually didn't know about this stuff by now.

Do you have a link to substantiate that? Cuz, I'm hearing clicks and whistles bro.

First link of many on Google http://www.developer-tech.com/news/2014/feb/17/xbox-one-1080p-comfortably-sdk-update-says-rebellion/

"But when PS4 titles such as Killzone: Shadow Fall are using 800MB for render targets alone; how difficult will it be for developers to work with just 32MB of fast memory for similar functions?

‘Tiling’ is the solution. At Microsoft’s BUILD event last year; the team showed hardware-based tiled resource support added in DX11.2. Without going into all the technical talk - available here - 3GBs of textures were able to be stored in 16MB of RAM. To point out the obvious, 32Mb can store up to 6GB worth…"

The video I was referring to earlier is also available there, the one with M$ and Granite devs.

What sony did in 800mb Xbox can do 6x with 32mb eSram. Now do you understand why Ps4 had to be more powerful? by the time Sony saw this Ps4 design was probably already set in stone which could also be another reason why they upped the ram at the last minute, also explains why M$ made DX exclusive.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Shewgenja

@kuu2 said:

I remember when Moogenja said he was not a cow. At least insecure threads like this prove he is one.

Good for the easier to develop for PauperStation4.

It will never get old owning people who carry this belief system around a console that the designers themselves said was not created for massive graphics. I'd have infinitely more respect for XBone fans if they just faced the music and were like "You know what? I want to control my TV through my console and use it as a DVR. Now what?"

Instead, MS changes course from all of that general entertainment talk and starts throwing cloud power and magic updates at you and you just fall for it. Every time. Which would be forgivable if we were comparing Blast Processing to Super Nintendo and have never seen this kind of shit before, but it's 2014. Some of ya'll treat gaming like American politics or something and just go looking the other way when the guy from your party is caught getting fluffed by the office help but cry "family values" at the next pep rally.

I'm not a cow. You just can't wrap your heads around it. I'm a gamer and I will expose this fraudulent bull shit at every turn just for the fun of it. If the cows came in here talking about 2x power increases and infinite power of cable internet, believe me I would be blasting away at them too.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
@sts106mat said:

@b4x said:

@scatteh316 said:

EVERYTHING Xbone can do, PS4 can do it faster.... that is FACT...

Really...

Can it Skype

Twitch at 720p

Suspend and resume games

Sort your files

Play CD music

Control your TV guide

See when friends come online

Snap apps while still playing games

Truly perform multi-Tasking

The ability to change your GT/PSN id

Turn off the light gimmick on the controller to extend battery life past 4 hours

Upload to Youtube...or even have Youtube.

Release at least one true Firmware ... I'm talking to you v1.7.

Have as good wireless connections to your network with its weak sauce NIC cards.

Can it NFL or ESPN

Last but not least.....Has it seen Titanfall?

you missed:-

scan QR codes for DLC in seconds without the need to type in 25 character codes

Sign you in just by being in the room,

switch on and start playing a game just by hearing you

record cool gameplay segments just by saying "xbox record that"

It's come to this - lemmings boasting that their console recognises a lamp as a human being.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

@slimdogmilionar said:

@remiks00 said:

@Shewgenja I've been telling the Xbox fanboys this for the longest time now. I guess they just refused to accept it. "PRT" is essentially the same thing as Tiled Resources; it's just another name for it. But they always got defensive and started quoting crap from "Misterxmedia" ...

PS4 does not do PRT at the harware level so it has limitations compared to Tiled resources. Tiled resources is the same idea without the limitations of PRT. Where is Sony's extra hardware for Tiled Resources. Last line says allows for not all the texture to reside in memory at a time so where will it reside on PS4 if it's not in main memory. eSram? Lol. With tiled resources on Xbox you put all your textures in eSram and the system only uses the textures needed on screen at that time. Prt is software bound Tiled resorces is hardware bound so you basically just admitted that PS4 will have to work harder to acheive what Xbox can do with it's hardware. PS4 is doing a lot of stuff now that xbox already knew about, if this trend continues less and less resources will be available on PS4. eSram = 6gb textures and still have 5gb ddr3 to use for whatever. PS4 Gddr5=4.5+1 gb flex

So at the hardware level for the One means the ESRam or do they have a Tiled Resources chip integrated? Because as far as I know, Tiled resources is streaming chunks of textures to the 32mb ESram at any given time as they are needed. Which would be similar to PRT no? Where the PS4 would stream chunks of textures to the 8gb GDDR5 ram as they are needed. This would mean that you can fit 6GB worth of textures (By only streaming what you need at the given moment) on 32mb for either the ESRam OR the GDDR5 ram.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Shewgenja

@slimdogmilionar said:

First link of many on Google http://www.developer-tech.com/news/2014/feb/17/xbox-one-1080p-comfortably-sdk-update-says-rebellion/

"But when PS4 titles such as Killzone: Shadow Fall are using 800MB for render targets alone; how difficult will it be for developers to work with just 32MB of fast memory for similar functions?

‘Tiling’ is the solution. At Microsoft’s BUILD event last year; the team showed hardware-based tiled resource support added in DX11.2. Without going into all the technical talk - available here - 3GBs of textures were able to be stored in 16MB of RAM. To point out the obvious, 32Mb can store up to 6GB worth…"

The video I was referring to earlier is also available there, the one with M$ and Granite devs.

Dude.. You just owned yourself. The tiled resources are being streamed off the ESRam. There's no dedicated hardware, it's just an API tool that references the ESRam. They can call that hardware assisted if they want, but it's an argument in semantics.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 blackace

@Shewgenja said:

Real kicker? PS4 is better at it. Hence, games like Trials Fusion which uses a somewhat similar super texturing technique runs native 1080p on PS4. Ruh-roh.

Trials Fusion actually looks better on the XB1. Ruh--roh. lol!! I've seen it running on both systems. XB1 looks cleaner and sharper, with better lighting.

Loading Video...

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

It's a Supercharged PC. Sony put the hurt on Ms for sure.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Shewgenja said:

What was that? You're still waiting for DX12-Sauce self folding origami texture magic on ESRAMz?

Damn, I remember getting torched for "being afraid" of the DX12-sauce a few days back. Now what? It's already on XBone as well. Where's the massive leap forward going to come from now?

devs begin to create the game with theoretical specs and then when specs are finally unveiled they only have a few months to translate their work to actual specs and that's when the issues come up like it happened with Watch Dogs and many other titles. Delays and more delays... In fact, as it is devs have hardly even used the PS4's gpu in an optimal way. Since day one the PS4 shipped with 18 cus of which 4 should be used for alu to help the cpu but devs have used all the cus for render. So having all these improved tools from day one would have been pointless anyway because there is no time, schedules are too tight.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

What was that? You're still waiting for DX12-Sauce self folding origami texture magic on ESRAMz?

Damn, I remember getting torched for "being afraid" of the DX12-sauce a few days back. Now what? It's already on XBone as well. Where's the massive leap forward going to come from now?

Oh oh... How many times i told lemmings that PRT = Tile resources with another name how many.?

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

@remiks00 said:

@ShewgenjaI've been telling the Xbox fanboys this for the longest time now. I guess they just refused to accept it. "PRT" is essentially the same thing as Tiled Resources; it's just another name for it. But they always got defensive and started quoting crap from "Misterxmedia" ...

Hahaha... Me to..

Paging @ronvalencia@blackace@StormyJoe@FoxbatAIpha@Tighaman@rocky_denace

@FastRobby

How many times i told you that PRT were the same sh** and would also work on PS4.? How many times did i tell all those characters up there that ESRAM wasn't need t for PRT to work...lol

@b4x said:

@killzowned24:

The guy did say EVERYTHING

Yeah if you weren't a newbie you would have know he was talking about hardware features which is what this thread is about nice damage control...lol

You can't even record your games on that piece of sh** console without making a pit stop by MS wallet to deposit $60 dollars more..hahahahaaaaaaaaa

All those apps are coming to PS4,and the PS4 will do everything the xbox one does,but serve as a cable box control which is completely redundant and stupid if you ask me.

Is like having a pay toilet in your home...lol

@killzowned24 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@killzowned24: yeah right pal! *gives hand job motion*

I'm only LOLing with you Killa.

Where do you think the slide posted above came from? Here's another from GDC 2013.

Owned...ahahahaa

by GDC 2013 the PS4 wasn't even out hell nothing was know about the xbox one on GCD since MS reveal the console on may..hahahahaa

So the PS4 was confirm to have PRT before MS even talked about Tile Resources..hahahahaaa

@slimdogmilionar said:

PS4 does not do PRT at the harware level so it has limitations compared to Tiled resources. Tiled resources is the same idea without the limitations of PRT. Where is Sony's extra hardware for Tiled Resources.

Last line says allows for not all the texture to reside in memory at a time so where will it reside on PS4 if it's not in main memory. eSram? Lol.

With tiled resources on Xbox you put all your textures in eSram and the system only uses the textures needed on screen at that time.

Prt is software bound Tiled resorces is hardware bound so you basically just admitted that PS4 will have to work harder to acheive what Xbox can do with it's hardware.

PS4 is doing a lot of stuff now that xbox already knew about, if this trend continues less and less resources will be available on PS4. eSram = 6gb textures and still have 5gb ddr3 to use for whatever. PS4 Gddr5=4.5+1 gb flex

No it doesn't stop inventing sh**..

There is no need for extra hardware for tile resources,is PRT just like Data move engines are call DMA on GCN and MS change the freaking name..

They always do that sh** to tricks suckers like you into believing what ever sh** they claim,Megatextures,PRT,tile resources is basically the same sh** PRT and tile resources are hardware supported while megatextures was software supported.

PRT is HARDWARE supported by all GCN which include any GPU from the 7000 series,and the PS4 and xbox one as well since they are from the same family now,this is a damn engine and is been say a by the damn developer.

The hardware you seek for support of PRT is right in your face is call the GPU.

The will reside on the damn Blu-ray disc or HDD if the game is installed,that last line what tell you is that you don't have to have all the textures complete in the memory,that is what PRT is load part of the textures instead of the whole textures will would consumer more memory.

Partially because the complete textures is not there,resident because part of the textures reside on the memory,and textures dahhhh you know what it means..lol

While the textures are not stored partially in the memory they are stored in the HDD,much like PRT work on PC on any GCN,PRT is supported by all GCN and no GCN has ESRAM or need it to work.

Exactly problem is how is storing textures in ESRAM then having to move then to the DDR3 actually faster than having the textures already in the memory..

This is how textures are on the PS4.

HDD>GDDR5> image.

This is how Tile resources are on xbox one.

HDD>ESRAM>DDR3> Image

Or

HDD>DDR3>ESRAM>Image

How are 2 process faster than 1.?

PRT are megatextures on hardware support buffoon.

You know what Tile Resources really are.?

Wrapping things up, for the time being while Southern Islands will bring hardware support for PRT software support will remain limited. As D3D is not normally extensible it’s really only possible to easily access the feature from other APIs (e.g. OpenGL), which when it comes to games is going to greatly limit the adoption of the technology. AMD of course is working on the issue, but there are few ways around D3D’s tight restrictions on non-standard features.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5261/amd-radeon-hd-7970-review/6

Is MS very late entry into what OpenGl has been supporting since 2011 when GCN hit,where D3D didn't support it..

Tile Resources are PRT with a MS spin to it like they always do,just like DX is a mantle spin off,..lol

That last bold part is one of the dumbest parts i have ever read,ESRAM is a middle man PRT pass over it but they much reach DDR3 which mean when they get load to be fully expand they actually consume DDR3 memory,since it is physically impossible to have 6 GB of uncompressed textures inside 32MB of ram..hahahaa

You really know sh** of what your talking do you..

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 blackace

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@sts106mat said:

@b4x said:

@scatteh316 said:

EVERYTHING Xbone can do, PS4 can do it faster.... that is FACT...

Really...

Can it Skype

Twitch at 720p

Suspend and resume games

Sort your files

Play CD music

Control your TV guide

See when friends come online

Snap apps while still playing games

Truly perform multi-Tasking

The ability to change your GT/PSN id

Turn off the light gimmick on the controller to extend battery life past 4 hours

Upload to Youtube...or even have Youtube.

Release at least one true Firmware ... I'm talking to you v1.7.

Have as good wireless connections to your network with its weak sauce NIC cards.

Can it NFL or ESPN

Last but not least.....Has it seen Titanfall?

you missed:-

scan QR codes for DLC in seconds without the need to type in 25 character codes

Sign you in just by being in the room,

switch on and start playing a game just by hearing you

record cool gameplay segments just by saying "xbox record that"

It's come to this - lemmings boasting that their console recognises a lamp as a human being.

GrenadeLauncher having a meltdown with no intelligent rebuttal. lol!! PS4 can't even play a music, which is ridiculous.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

well the lamp is brighter than you are.

doubt kinect would pick you up .....your butthurt has gone critical mass causing you to collapse into an infinitely tiny point of massive ass pain.

std106mat totally slaughtered. Blood everywhere. Cleanup on aisle One!

@blackace said:

Trials Fusion actually looks better on the XB1. Ruh--roh. lol!! I've seen it running on both systems. XB1 looks cleaner and sharper, with better lighting.

Take your lies and jog on, matey. :)

"It falls to resolution to define the better console release - and in this case the PS4's full 1080p native resolution gives it a clear edge. for clinical, bright indoor areas the [Xbone's] increased pixel-crawl is a distraction. Both versions suffer from texture pop-in and occasional tearing in different areas," "PC is the best of the four, then, with PS4 coming closest to matching it,".

"Bu bu but it looks cleaner and sharper because I have my lemming prescription glasses on!" Yeah, and I can achieve the same effect by fiddling with my TV settings. :)

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 slimdogmilionar

@Shewgenja said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

Dude.. You just owned yourself. The tiled resources are being streamed off the ESRam. There's no dedicated hardware, it's just an API tool that references the ESRam. They can call that hardware assisted if they want, but it's an argument in semantics.

Lol so where would tiled resources stream from if there was no eSram? according to you then eSram has no purpose. Think before you post, the textures reside in eSram instead of having to sit in the main ram, where do they reside on PS4? 32mb esram gives xbox more textures than PS4 can hold in system memory even if you add the 1 gb flex ram. How did I own my self the part I quoted says,

"Without going into all the technical talk - available here - 3GBs of textures were able to be stored in 16MB of RAM. To point out the obvious, 32Mb can store up to 6GB worth…"

Keyword "STORE" aka reside, aka where you put something you not actively using. So where exactly did I own myself, for something to be streamed it has to be "Stored" somewhere. Where can PS4 store 6gb of textures? On Disc. So now we are back to last gen when textures are still being streamed from disc. Xbox is like a pc with a dgpu and main cpu both having their own ram. The video must have been over your head, if it's done at the hardware level that equals lower level access. Almost a gig used on PS4 to do what xbox can accomplish with a fraction of that power while not even touching system ram. That's a drastic change in developing tech so yea devs may not have the smarts to take advantage of it yet. Last gen xbox 360 unified architecture and eDram was just as hard to work with at first because it was new tech never before seen in a game console.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Shewgenja said:

Oh oh... How many times i told lemmings that PRT = Tile resources with another name how many.?

@remiks00 said:

@ShewgenjaI've been telling the Xbox fanboys this for the longest time now. I guess they just refused to accept it. "PRT" is essentially the same thing as Tiled Resources; it's just another name for it. But they always got defensive and started quoting crap from "Misterxmedia" ...

Hahaha... Me to..

@FastRobby

How many times i told you that PRT were the same sh** and would also work on PS4.? How many times did i tell all those characters up there that ESRAM wasn't need t for PRT to work...lol

@b4x said:

@killzowned24:

Yeah if you weren't a newbie you would have know he was talking about hardware features which is what this thread is about nice damage control...lol

You can't even record your games on that piece of sh** console without making a pit stop by MS wallet to deposit $60 dollars more..hahahahaaaaaaaaa

All those apps are coming to PS4,and the PS4 will do everything the xbox one does,but serve as a cable box control which is completely redundant and stupid if you ask me.

@killzowned24 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Where do you think the slide posted above came from? Here's another from GDC 2013.

Owned...ahahahaa

by GDC 2013 the PS4 wasn't even out hell nothing was know about the xbox one on GCD since MS reveal the console on may..hahahahaa

So the PS4 was confirm to have PRT before MS even talked about Tile Resources..hahahahaaa

@slimdogmilionar said:

PS4 does not do PRT at the harware level so it has limitations compared to Tiled resources. Tiled resources is the same idea without the limitations of PRT. Where is Sony's extra hardware for Tiled Resources.

Last line says allows for not all the texture to reside in memory at a time so where will it reside on PS4 if it's not in main memory. eSram? Lol.

With tiled resources on Xbox you put all your textures in eSram and the system only uses the textures needed on screen at that time.

Prt is software bound Tiled resorces is hardware bound so you basically just admitted that PS4 will have to work harder to acheive what Xbox can do with it's hardware.

PS4 is doing a lot of stuff now that xbox already knew about, if this trend continues less and less resources will be available on PS4. eSram = 6gb textures and still have 5gb ddr3 to use for whatever. PS4 Gddr5=4.5+1 gb flex

There is no need for extra hardware for tile resources,is PRT just like Data move engines are call DMA on GCN and MS change the freaking name..

They always do that sh** to tricks suckers like you into believing what ever sh** they claim,Megatextures,PRT,tile resources is basically the same sh** PRT and tile resources are hardware supported while megatextures was software supported.

PRT is HARDWARE supported by all GCN which include any GPU from the 7000 series,and the PS4 and xbox one as well since they are from the same family now,this is a damn engine and is been say a by the damn developer.

The will reside on the damn Blu-ray disc or HDD if the game is installed,that last line what tell you is that you don't have to have all the textures complete in the memory,that is what PRT is load part of the textures instead of the whole textures will would consumer more memory.

Partially because the complete textures is not there,resident because part of the textures reside on the memory,and textures dahhhh you know what it means..lol

While the textures are not stored partially in the memory they are stored in the HDD,much like PRT work on PC on any GCN,PRT is supported by all GCN and no GCN has ESRAM or need it to work.

Exactly problem is how is storing textures in ESRAM then having to move then to the DDR3 actually faster than having the textures already in the memory..

HDD>GDDR5> image.

HDD>ESRAM>DDR3> Image

Or

HDD>DDR3>ESRAM>Image

Wrapping things up, for the time being while Southern Islands will bring hardware support for PRT software support will remain limited. As D3D is not normally extensible it’s really only possible to easily access the feature from other APIs (e.g. OpenGL), which when it comes to games is going to greatly limit the adoption of the technology. AMD of course is working on the issue, but there are few ways around D3D’s tight restrictions on non-standard features.

Is MS very late entry into what OpenGl has been supporting since 2011 when GCN hit,where D3D didn't support it..

Tile Resources are PRT with a MS spin to it like they always do,just like DX is a mantle spin off,..lol

That last bold part is one of the dumbest parts i have ever read,ESRAM is a middle man PRT pass over it but they much reach DDR3 which mean when they get load to be fully expand they actually consume DDR3 memory,since it is physically impossible to have 6 GB of uncompressed textures inside 32MB of ram..hahahaa

So let me get this straight, you believe that they are streaming textures for a game from the HDD during gameplay?

Additionally: The issue I have with ESRAM right now I don't understand how you will be able to write to esram as a back buffer and use it to stream texture. It seems that It will be one or the other.

PRT and TR are the same in theory.

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 slimdogmilionar

@blackace said:

@Shewgenja said:

Real kicker? PS4 is better at it. Hence, games like Trials Fusion which uses a somewhat similar super texturing technique runs native 1080p on PS4. Ruh-roh.

Loading Video...

XBox has better textures pause the video at about 40 seconds in Xbox obliterates the PS4 in textures, even I'm suprised at the difference. That kinda makes me think even more that Sony is targeting 1080p for hype and not what's overall better for the games.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos: And, that affects me, how again?

I was commenting on API performance increases with DX 12, not this.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@tdkmillsy said:

I'm confused

Either

The PS4 can already do it and this explains some of the performance differences in games (720p to 1080p just isn't representative of actual power difference). Therefor the Xbox One will indeed catch up quite a bit going forward.

or

The PS4 hasn't got it and Xbox One will catch up using this but if PS4 gets it the gap may appear again.

According to all the posts about PS4 already having it, the Xbox One still has some catching up it will do when this comes out.

Both hardware support it since launch,but neither is using it yet,because what you get on launch and post launch in the first 6 or 8 months are games that were been made since before the units was launch or port which aren't been made with PRT in mind.

@slimdogmilionar said:

Because it new technology that has never been seen in the industry.

Have you not been paying attention to the articles about eSram and tiled resources aka tiling tricks like cows like to call them when they bash lems about it,

aka the reason no xbox games have been in 1080 yet because devs aren't as comfortable with it as they are with its predecessor eDram found in 360.

The update is to take full advantage of the eSram which devs are not using atm, now it's not the hidden hardware everyone is "talking" about but you should Google Xbox one and esram, then watch M$ 2013 keynote where they and the Granite developers talk about tiled resources and the advantages and the limitations of PRT vs Tiled resources.

You riddled yourself on that one, I can't believe you actually didn't know about this stuff by now.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa new what.? hahahaa aaa

Tilling refers to many different things dude..

The xbox one should be pumping 1080p games without Tile resources dude,and that isn't the reason why it fail in many games,the 7770 can achieve 1080p but the 7770 doesn't have ESRAM and DDR3 as limitations..lol

ESRAM is just damn memory is not some out of this world tech dude,is just memory which happen to be to small for 1080p as frame buffer for certain scenarios thats all.

The xbox one support DX11.2 since before launch and DX11.2 already support Tile resources the update already is on developers hands,what is missing are 2 DX12 features because Bundles and other thing as well which are part of DX12 are already since launch on xbox one..

Basically all you poster there is horse sh** and misterX kind of crap and misinformation.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@tormentos: Again answer my question, is it your understanding that PRT will stream from the HDD during game play.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@sts106mat: he pwned you that's what happend, wasn't it you that claimed to be a dev the other day ?

or was is stormyjoe

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#78 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Kingtito, Kuu, and Blackace all right on message calling this thread "insecure".

Keep fighting the good fight, guys.

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By slimdogmilionar

@tormentos said:

@Shewgenja said:

@remiks00 said:

Hahaha... Me to..

@FastRobby

@b4x said:

@killzowned24:

@killzowned24 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Owned...ahahahaa

@slimdogmilionar said:

HDD>GDDR5> image.

HDD>ESRAM>DDR3> Image

Or

HDD>DDR3>ESRAM>Image

Dude I could care less what you say because the devs working on it say otherwise and so does the video and link I posted. I keep agreeing that PRT and tiled resources are the same idea except you seem to not realize why one has limitations and one does not. You want PS4 to win so bad that you posted a link from 2011 idiot. nuff said. You have no credibility dude stop riding PS4 nuts and go get a job and get one so you can stop comparing online vids.

I'm sorry for thinking eSram had direct access to gpu. Oh wait it does. See all of that stuff in purple is..is that dedicated hardware for things Ps4 will have to do on the fly.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lglz1337

@sts106mat: ok my bad

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lglz1337

@slimdogmilionar: oh god we have another ronvalencia, graphs graphs all over the place

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 blackace

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

doubt kinect would pick you up .....your butthurt has gone critical mass causing you to collapse into an infinitely tiny point of massive ass pain.

@blackace said:

Take your lies and jog on, matey. :)

"It falls to resolution to define the better console release - and in this case the PS4's full 1080p native resolution gives it a clear edge. for clinical, bright indoor areas the [Xbone's] increased pixel-crawl is a distraction. Both versions suffer from texture pop-in and occasional tearing in different areas," "PC is the best of the four, then, with PS4 coming closest to matching it,".

"Bu bu but it looks cleaner and sharper because I have my lemming prescription glasses on!" Yeah, and I can achieve the same effect by fiddling with my TV settings. :)

Grenade continues to have a meltdown. Truth hurts, I know. lmao!! I'm not a lemming. you stupid cow. lol!! Everyone can see it looks better on the XB1. Poor.. poor crying baby cow.

http://www.ensenandoacomeramihijo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/crying_cow-150x150.jpg

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

you just went full tropic thunder. you are sub kuraimen level at this point

Lemming, go home.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

Because it new technology that has never been seen in the industry. Have you not been paying attention to the articles about eSram and tiled resources aka tiling tricks like cows like to call them when they bash lems about it, aka the reason no xbox games have been in 1080 yet because devs aren't as comfortable with it as they are with its predecessor eDram found in 360. The update is to take full advantage of the eSram which devs are not using atm, now it's not the hidden hardware everyone is "talking" about but you should Google Xbox one and esram, then watch M$ 2013 keynote where they and the Granite developers talk about tiled resources and the advantages and the limitations of PRT vs Tiled resources. You riddled yourself on that one, I can't believe you actually didn't know about this stuff by now.

Do you have a link to substantiate that? Cuz, I'm hearing clicks and whistles bro.

I'll text Joel, see if he can sort this out.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@slimdogmilionar said:

@remiks00 said:

@Shewgenja I've been telling the Xbox fanboys this for the longest time now. I guess they just refused to accept it. "PRT" is essentially the same thing as Tiled Resources; it's just another name for it. But they always got defensive and started quoting crap from "Misterxmedia" ...

PS4 doom es not do PRT at the harware level so it has limitations compared to Tiled resources. Tiled resources is the same idea without the limitations of PRT. Where is Sony's extra hardware for Tiled Resources. Last line says allows for not all the texture to reside in memory at a time so where will it reside on PS4 if it's not in main memory. eSram? Lol. With tiled resources on Xbox you put all your textures in eSram and the system only uses the textures needed on screen at that time. Prt is software bound Tiled resorces is hardware bound so you basically just admitted that PS4 will have to work harder to acheive what Xbox can do with it's hardware. PS4 is doing a lot of stuff now that xbox already knew about, if this trend continues less and less resources will be available on PS4. eSram = 6gb textures and still have 5gb ddr3 to use for whatever. PS4 Gddr5=4.5+1 gb flex

Seriously Wtf are u talking about... Hardware for tiled resources? It's the gpu thst does this.... The xbone does not have any specific hardware for tiled resources.. It's all done on the gpu and cpu....

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
@blackace said:

Grenade continues to have a meltdown. Truth hurts, I know. lmao!! I'm not a lemming. you stupid cow. lol!! Everyone can see it looks better on the XB1.

Hahaha, lemmings using screenshots to hype up texture loading. Bad news guys.

Dat framerate! Worse than 360!

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 slimdogmilionar

@tormentos said:
@tdkmillsy said:

I'm confused

Either

The PS4 can already do it and this explains some of the performance differences in games (720p to 1080p just isn't representative of actual power difference). Therefor the Xbox One will indeed catch up quite a bit going forward.

or

The PS4 hasn't got it and Xbox One will catch up using this but if PS4 gets it the gap may appear again.

According to all the posts about PS4 already having it, the Xbox One still has some catching up it will do when this comes out.

Both hardware support it since launch,but neither is using it yet,because what you get on launch and post launch in the first 6 or 8 months are games that were been made since before the units was launch or port which aren't been made with PRT in mind.

@slimdogmilionar said:

Because it new technology that has never been seen in the industry.

Have you not been paying attention to the articles about eSram and tiled resources aka tiling tricks like cows like to call them when they bash lems about it,

aka the reason no xbox games have been in 1080 yet because devs aren't as comfortable with it as they are with its predecessor eDram found in 360.

The update is to take full advantage of the eSram which devs are not using atm, now it's not the hidden hardware everyone is "talking" about but you should Google Xbox one and esram, then watch M$ 2013 keynote where they and the Granite developers talk about tiled resources and the advantages and the limitations of PRT vs Tiled resources.

You riddled yourself on that one, I can't believe you actually didn't know about this stuff by now.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa new what.? hahahaa aaa

Tilling refers to many different things dude..

The xbox one should be pumping 1080p games without Tile resources dude,and that isn't the reason why it fail in many games,the 7770 can achieve 1080p but the 7770 doesn't have ESRAM and DDR3 as limitations..lol

ESRAM is just damn memory is not some out of this world tech dude,is just memory which happen to be to small for 1080p as frame buffer for certain scenarios thats all.

The xbox one support DX11.2 since before launch and DX11.2 already support Tile resources the update already is on developers hands,what is missing are 2 DX12 features because Bundles and other thing as well which are part of DX12 are already since launch on xbox one..

Basically all you poster there is horse sh** and misterX kind of crap and misinformation.

Actually you post misinformation as you want everyone to think what the devs and industry insiders are doing and talking about pale in comparison to your knowledge of comparing graphics of both consoles on youtube. It's not bad that you compare using youtube, but you actually compare youtube vids to actually owning the consoles. I never said PS4 could not do PRT but you should go watch the keynote because you still don't seem to understand what I'm saying you just see someone pro xbox and you have to stop it by any means necessary.

esram never seen a game console before now, evolution of edram

I'm guessing they call it tiling because how the system works is like walking down a tiled hallway you only see the tiles closest to you clearly. duh

Maybe it should but it's not and devs blame esram

obviosly it is seeing as how devs can't use it fully yet just like edram when 360 first came out

yea but devs were still calling for an SDK update to take advantage of esram

basically nobody here takes you serious and I found that out early as the new guy and most of what you post is just copy and paste or selective

You constantly argue what's going on with these systems and what devs say yet I have yet to see an app or game you have developed, from now on I'm gonna shun you and not waste my time on your post. I grade you slightly less full of BS than misterX.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Shewgenja

@misterpmedia said:

@Shewgenja said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

I'll text Joel, see if he can sort this out.

I'm just like... Since when was PRT handled by hardware? It's not tesselation. Someone took the term "hardware accelerated" and turned that into something completely off the reservation.

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By slimdogmilionar

@lglz1337: lol no i'm just bored have the day off so i'm here today i guess

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Shewgenja

@slimdogmilionar said:

I'm sorry for thinking eSram had direct access to gpu. Oh wait it does. See all of that stuff in purple is..is that dedicated hardware for things Ps4 will have to do on the fly.

Why would PS4 need DME if both the CPU and GPU can source the same objects in memory? It doesn't have multiple pools of data to read from. It would be a redundancy in PS4. So, I don't really see your point.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#96 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@blackace said:

Everyone can see it looks better on the XB1.

Digital Foundry disagrees with you, of course. Digital Foundry's opinion on game graphics certainly more valid than anyone who posts on System Wars.

You really should be used to the idea now that when comparing Multi-platform games between the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One, the Xbox One nearly always comes up short.

Trials Fusion is another example of that happening. I'm glad I could clear that up for you.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Shewgenja

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

Everyone can see it looks better on the XB1.

Digital Foundry disagrees with you, of course. Digital Foundry's opinion on game graphics certainly more valid than anyone who posts on System Wars.

You really should be used to the idea now that when comparing Multi-platform games between the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One, the Xbox One nearly always comes up short.

Trials Fusion is another example of that happening. I'm glad I could clear that up for you.

Are you saying that Youtube videos are less than 100% accurate representations of what the game would look like running on a console? *shocked*

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By slimdogmilionar

@stereointegrity said:

Seriously Wtf are u talking about... Hardware for tiled resources? It's the gpu thst does this.... The xbone does not have any specific hardware for tiled resources.. It's all done on the gpu and cpu....

ok you win. I'm not gonna spend my whole day in SW going into every detail, just enjoy your console of choice

"While texture tiling has been done in software before, it had certain limitations. By moving it to hardware the limitations were removed. Without going into all the technical details, the benefits of removing these limitations are impressive enough that it allows developers to store texture data sizes that previously took up 3GB of RAM in only 16Mb of RAM! Not only does it offer a drastic reduction in size, but it can also allow more detailed worlds than before since now developers have a lot more texture storage available."

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2013/4-063

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/x1-esram-dx-11-2-from-32mb-to-6gb-worth-of-texture-1448545/

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By slimdogmilionar

@sts106mat said:

tormentos is a nice guy, he is harmless. he rarely resorts to insults and to be fair, he does like to waffle on. he gets a lot of stick (quite a lot from me) but to be honest, If he wasn't a member of system wars, i would stop visiting the forum completely.

we can't take him seriously all the time because he doesn't own either next gen console, but professes to be an expert on the hardware and games of both. he is entertaining if nothing else.

lol ok I guess but he trolls every post I make

@Shewgenja: Facepalm. You got me, I got trigger happy. I stand corrected. PS4 has no need for Dme at all because everything is one. Xbox is doing a lot more background stuff so yeah I didn't think that through.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Shewgenja

@slimdogmilionar said:

@stereointegrity said:

ok you win. I'm not gonna spend my whole day in SW going into every detail, just enjoy your console of choice

"While texture tiling has been done in software before, it had certain limitations. By moving it to hardware the limitations were removed. Without going into all the technical details, the benefits of removing these limitations are impressive enough that it allows developers to store texture data sizes that previously took up 3GB of RAM in only 16Mb of RAM! Not only does it offer a drastic reduction in size, but it can also allow more detailed worlds than before since now developers have a lot more texture storage available."

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2013/4-063

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/x1-esram-dx-11-2-from-32mb-to-6gb-worth-of-texture-1448545/

Again, rasterizing in software is always incredibly inefficient. Moving it to something like a GPU is always a much better solution. You're not uncovering some hidden power in the XBone with this. PRT is gpu accelerated on both machines.