Scalebound combat system explained

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

https://youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKqXimISsevzs17U-v89XY3O0sCGS5fWjKImWa2nsicOuoiYaB4HX3Da5A6VUWRWvbmRdr2oUK93bzo0grdP9D-AN_s5xg&v=efbembgDzBA

I'm on my phone so somebody please linkify it.

It's a gameplay footage replete with commentary from Kamiya-san and a game designer Yusuke Miyata.

They talk about the nature of the game confirming it's a RPG at the core, it is also mentioned how the dragon can interact with the hero, what elements are customizable and how morphing into a "dragon form" works and many more.

By the way, I've recently seen the Gamescom footage on a computer with beastly GPU and CPU and I noticed no slowdowns whatsoever so I think any bigger framerate issues stem from the video itself being poorly optimized/encoded and most of us peasants having weakass computers (myself included). Or am I mistaken?

Anyway, are you hype?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Loading Video...

Looks good.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52448 Posts

"Team! Unite up!"
Can't get enough of Kamiya putting in references to his other games.

This game is looking better and better every time I read or watch something about it. Glad Kamiya is getting the chance to make this game. It's gonna be gewd.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

It's too bad that they're only releasing this for the Xbone. Platinum makes amazing stuff but it'll be lost on a system for casuals that very few people own.

At least we can probably expect a PC port later on since it's Microsoft Studios.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

Looks like fun. I'm glad Platinum is still a company I can look forward to what they're making. Hope to feel that way for many years to come. They're on fire. Everybody wants them to make games, Nintendo, MS, Sega, Komani. I'm sure Capcom regrets their decision to close Clover now that it can't even afford to developer a signature franchise title. Seeing this shit with Devil's Third makes me think Itagaki should have came to them for a job after he left Tecmo, imagine if Platinum made Devil's Third.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

Day one for sure.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

This is going to be one of the best game to come out of this generation.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#9 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Big_Red_Button said:

It's too bad that they're only releasing this for the Xbone. Platinum makes amazing stuff but it'll be lost on a system for casuals that very few people own.

At least we can probably expect a PC port later on since it's Microsoft Studios.

Blah Blah Blah. Theres 13 million X1s sold thats a bit more than 'a few'. Thats more than enough users to go multiplatinum, especially considering almost everyone that has an X1 will buy this game.

A system for 'casuals'? What does that even mean? Like owning a PC automatically makes you good at games. I game on PC too and I see just as many bad players on PC as any other platform.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I want to love this game but all signs point to me not liking it. Just not my thing.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: Linkified brother!!

"By the way, I've recently seen the Gamescom footage on a computer with beastly GPU and CPU and I noticed no slowdowns whatsoever so I think any bigger framerate issues stem from the video itself being poorly optimized/encoded and most of us peasants having weakass computers (myself included). Or am I mistaken?"

Does'nt really say anything about the quality of the XBone version of course.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Big_Red_Button

@oflow: Two years and it has only sold 13 million? I knew it was doing badly, but I didn't realize it was doing THAT poorly.

And no, you do run into bad players on PC, but on average the amount of skill of a PC player is leagues above the average console player.

There's a reason that every time they try to do a cross-platform game where PC and console players can compete the PC players curbstomp the console players. Consoles are for kids and people who don't spend that much time gaming. If you're a casual they're a really great choice, with incredible ease of use. If you're the kind of person who uses gaming as one of their main hobbies, though, you really want to get a decent computer so you can get the most out of what video games have to offer.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@Big_Red_Button: You are a fanboy. It's selling better than 360 at a comparable time within its lifespan.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52448 Posts
@Big_Red_Button said:

Two years and it has only sold 13 million? I knew it was doing badly, but I didn't realize it was doing THAT poorly.

And no, you do run into bad players on PC, but on average the amount of skill of a PC player is leagues above the average console player.

There's a reason that every time they try to do a cross-platform game where PC and console players can compete the PC players curbstomp the console players. Consoles are for kids and people who don't spend that much time gaming. If you're a casual they're a really great choice, with incredible ease of use. If you're the kind of person who uses gaming as one of their main hobbies, though, you really want to get a decent computer so you can get the most out of what video games have to offer.

I'm kinda the same. I used to play consoles the whole time, but something feels wrong when you're playing consoles. The experience doesn't feel real. There's this certain element I'm missing, and that element resides in PC gaming. There's no platform out there that makes me feel as good as the PC.

It not only defines you as a gamer, the way people look and talk to you, but it also defines you as a person. PC gaming is for the elite, and it's only the elite I welcome.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts
@Big_Red_Button said:

@oflow: Two years and it has only sold 13 million? I knew it was doing badly, but I didn't realize it was doing THAT poorly.

No your whole post is way more childish than owning a console could ever be.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Big_Red_Button said:

That's hilarious. I am an adult, have real world responsibilities, love gaming but guess what? There are other things I love to do. I don't measure myself by my skill in fucking vidya games. I have a decent gaming PC and 2 consoles. The real too bad in any of this is there are people who think like you. Kamiya and Platinum pitched the game to MS, where do you expect the game to be released?

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Big_Red_Button

Don't worry xtards, there's a great remedy for what you're feeling right now:

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@Big_Red_Button: You seem to be quite upset there, just let it all out.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Big_Red_Button

@soulitane: I am very upset. I'm so insecure in my life that I take out those insecurities on people online , scrambling to find meaning in a universe that is truly devoid of any real purpose.

I just can't ignore the fact that there's more than likely no god, and that we're hurtling through space on a rock that won't survive us. Without any god there are no souls and ultimately no objective force of morality that can give us the meaning that we strive for. Our personas seek out meaning that the universe around us, inhuman as it is, cannot provide and I can't delude myself into lying about its nonexistence. The chaotic universe around us can't be controlled, and so we struggle to hold on to what little control we get, no matter how pathetic. The knowledge of the existential hellscape that is life on Earth causes a completely impotent rage that seethes out of my husk of a body in the form of outrageous online behavior.

Man, this was a real break through. Thank you so much for calling me upset on the internet so that I could have this psychological awakening.

lol jk

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 isturbo1984
Member since 2015 • 660 Posts

I thought it was already confirmed this game was an RPG since Gamescom. Did anybody not think that?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

All looking & sounding good thus far. High hopes but just in case keeping expectations low. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

Is it just me or do I get a weird DMC protagonist vibe from Scalebound's protagonist ?

You know that cocky, loud and smug type.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I'm sold but I am still wondering if parents will name their children after this dragon like they were doing when Skyrim came out.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#26 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Big_Red_Button said:

Don't worry xtards, there's a great remedy for what you're feeling right now:

Yeah console gamers are the 'childish' ones. You should save that for yourself in case Scalebound doesnt come to pc. I think PC gamers are the most insecure of everyone. PC specs are used as compensation for IRL issues just like fancy cars.