st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1470 Posts

Over the past few days at TGS, Capcom has revealed new exciting details for upcoming SF6 (thanks to Solid for covering the show!)

The 18 characters on the launch roster (Luke, Jamie, Manon, Kimberly, Marisa, Lily, JP, Juri, Dee Jay, Cammy, Ryu, E. Honda, Blanka, Guile, Ken, Chun-Li, Zangief, and Dhalsim.)

Street Fighter 6 - World Tour, Fighting Ground, Battle Hub Game Mode Trailer

Street Fighter 6 - Extreme Battle

Street Fighter 6 - World Tour Opening Movie: The Meaning of Strength

The song used in 1994's "Street Fighter II MOVIE" is back for SF6 after 28 years!

SF6 looks to be shaping up better and better, not only in its impressive visuals and gameplay mechanics, but also in its roster, single-player mode, and more.

For me, it is easily one of the most anticipated games to be released next year. How about you, SW?

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By st_monica

Also, our favorite Max has made some great videos.

MAX PLAYS KEN: Street Fighter 6 - 4K Matches & Hands-On w/ Ken

Loading Video...

FULL ROSTER REVEALED: Street Fighter 6 Story, Character Creator & Presentation

Loading Video...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

Yeah, looks good. Been ignoring most info tbh, trying to wait until it's closer to release. But when I heard they revealed some Sim gameplay, had to check it out. Looks sick too, brought over most of his best additions from SFV and added a lot more cool shit. Lost gale which more importantly means no IAG, but trade off seems worth it. And Drive Rush off of limbs 😬. Looking forward to another era of everyone bitching about Sim lol. Just glad to see my main looking fun already.

SF in general sees more drastic changes than a lot of FGs from one main entry to the next. But even outside the universal systems stuff, looks like each character is seeing a bigger shakeup in their kit than usual.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18805 Posts

Call me old school, but these modern fighting games can't hold my attention like the old ones did. I got SF5 and MK10(and I believe 11 as well) via PS+ and I just can't get into them.

Meanwhile, SF2, MK2 and Killer Instinct(SNES) is still fun today.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45314 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: will I be able to beat you at least once in SF6? oh, and what are you more hyped for, this or Tekken 8?

@st_monica:no prob, Bob, thanks for the info on SF6! I’m excited for this game.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3740 Posts

SF5 is awesome. SF6 looks like SF4.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ConanTheStoner
@SolidGame_basic said:

@ConanTheStoner: will I beat able to beat you at least once in SF6?

Against me making a rando pick, maybe. 😂

Nah, we should hit up a Ryu vs. Sim match day 1. Before I grind away that initial few hundred hours lol.

Or you could go all in like me and just give up other games for a while.

@SolidGame_basic said:

oh, and what are you more hyped for, this or Tekken 8?

Think you know the answer lol. Love Tekken, great series, will grab T8 on day 1 as well. Just prefer 2d fighters and within that sub-genre, prefer the relatively grounded nature and pace of SF and its neutral game. As opposed to anime/tag stuff of course.

T8 will likely get a couple hundred hours from me. SF6, at least a thousand+

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ConanTheStoner
@PSP107 said:

Call me old school, but these modern fighting games can't hold my attention like the old ones did. I got SF5 and MK10(and I believe 11 as well) via PS+ and I just can't get into them.

Meanwhile, SF2, MK2 and Killer Instinct(SNES) is still fun today.

Nothing wrong with that. Lots of classic fighters are still straight up excellent to play. Many of which still have dedicated scenes, can hop on Fightcade and get matches 24/7. Could delete every FG to come out the past 20 years and I'd still have a good time.

Though MK2 is a head scratcher lol. Really nothing to do in that game. It's an improved version of MK1, but still no interesting mobility, no combo theory outside of some characters being fortunate enough get a tiny juggle string, and every character has the same exact move set aside from their specials. Simple isn't always bad, but way too basic in this case, like the tic tac toe of fighting games.

Every time I boot it up, only for about 10 or 15 minutes of nostalgia, then just bored outta my mind. UMK3 actually has some sauce to it, but 1 and 2? Eh.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner: lol, going to wear a bandana for good luck. What’s the fighter stick thing you use? Do you just keep to your old one or do you ever look at new ones coming out?

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

Looking good but I'm more of a tekken player. Will still buy this day 1 though.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

blanka looked horrifyingly bad dunno who is hyped for this he doesn't blend into the game at all

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ConanTheStoner
@SolidGame_basic said:

@ConanTheStoner: lol, going to wear a bandana for good luck. What’s the fighter stick thing you use? Do you just keep to your old one or do you ever look at new ones coming out?

I'm just a weird ass about controllers in general, buy up most everything that comes out just to try it lol.

I try to keep it more tame on the fightsticks, but still get the urge to buy some new ones.

Currently have -

• Hori RAP4 (Hori parts obviously)
  • Etokki Omni (Was interested in Korean levers)
  • Qanba Obsidian (My go-to last I was playing, stock Sanwa parts)
  • Qanba Dragon (Sanwa parts, but I swapped for a heavier spring and went with the oversized actuator)
  • MK layout stick with Suzo Happ parts.

Think there are others, can't remember, all in storage right now.

Should be more than happy with what I have, no need to buy anything new. But god damn the Victrix Pro looks slick lol.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59163 Posts

No Fang. No surprise.

Probably play as a Sim off-brand Conan.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ConanTheStoner

@uninspiredcup:

Is a shame, was an interesting character.

Can still see how Aki turns out tho. Likely gonna be Fang with boobs.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ConanTheStoner

lol yeah. Already seen some ppl expressing character design disappointments, it happens. But so far nothing like meth Ken, banana hair Ken, fry hair Alex, or butterface Ibuki.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

Instant skip. Waiting for the ULTRA edition around 5 years later after release.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I'm just a weird ass about controllers in general, buy up most everything that comes out just to try it lol.

I try to keep it more tame on the fightsticks, but still get the urge to buy some new ones.

Currently have -

• Hori RAP4 (Hori parts obviously)
  • Etokki Omni (Was interested in Korean levers)
  • Qanba Obsidian (My go-to last I was playing, stock Sanwa parts)
  • Qanba Dragon (Sanwa parts, but I swapped for a heavier spring and went with the oversized actuator)
  • MK layout stick with Suzo Happ parts.

Think there are others, can't remember, all in storage right now.

Should be more than happy with what I have, no need to buy anything new. But god damn the Victrix Pro looks slick lol.

Which one is your favorite?!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ConanTheStoner
@SolidGame_basic said:

Which one is your favorite?!

Probably the Obsidian. Nice weight and size without being obnoxious. Front shape and bevel work well for my hands/wrists. All the features you'd want.

Dragon is a straight up luxury stick, most high end of any I've owned, but really just seems overkill.

Quality lever, buttons, and pcb are all that actually matter. Could mount that stuff on a pizza box and it's fine lol. Cases/enclosures just a matter of preference.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner: damn, you don’t play around lol

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6982 Posts

Guess I'll roll with Ryu till they bring back Vega.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

Is this the fighting game with the most hype in the last ten plus years? I can't even think of a fighting game getting this much attention.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PSP107

@ConanTheStoner: "Though MK2 is a head scratcher lol. Really nothing to do in that game. It's an improved version of MK1, but still no interesting mobility, no combo theory outside of some characters being fortunate enough get a tiny juggle string, and every character has the same exact move set aside from their specials. Simple isn't always bad, but way too basic in this case, like the tic tac toe of fighting games."

Interesting take. But let me ask, was that your opinion in 1993 as well?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ConanTheStoner
@SolidGame_basic said:

lol yeah man don't know what it is. Not into gaming collectables, memorabilia, swag, etc. but damn I'm like a junkie for arcade sticks.

@hardwenzen said:

Is this the fighting game with the most hype in the last ten plus years? I can't even think of a fighting game getting this much attention.

DBFZ was comparable for sure.

Tekken 7 had a lot of hype, but the overly drawn out arcade-only stretch put a damper on initial excitement.

Then SFV itself pre-release.

Mainline Tekken and SF always a big deal, but tbf fighting games are in a better place than they were when those released. Been a bit of a resurgence, even previously niche series are getting more exposure than ever. SF6 for sure is benefitting from that as well.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@PSP107 said:

Interesting take. But let me ask, was that your opinion in 1993 as well?

Ha, almost mentioned that too, just didn't want to drag the post out further.

Nah, of course not. I was in middle school and blown away by the graphics and over the top violence. That along with the Cannon Films vibes those games had going, loved the shit. Didn't matter that the gameplay was dumb dumb, I was dropping those quarters and buying those home versions.

Though as with any older game, gimmicks of the time eventually fade, and you're left with... is it a good game or no.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

lol yeah man don't know what it is. Not into gaming collectables, memorabilia, swag, etc. but damn I'm like a junkie for arcade sticks.

@hardwenzen said:

DBFZ was comparable for sure.

Tekken 7 had a lot of hype, but the overly drawn out arcade-only stretch put a damper on initial excitement.

Then SFV itself pre-release.

Mainline Tekken and SF always a big deal, but tbf fighting games are in a better place than they were when those released. Been a bit of a resurgence, even previously niche series are getting more exposure than ever. SF6 for sure is benefitting from that as well.

Did it? As you mentioned, Tekken 7 being on arcade for centuries has lowered the hype for console release. Not saying it wasn't hyped when it was coming out, but i don't remember anywhere near as many people talking about the game as SF6. And i must've missed the hype for DBFZ cuz i don't recall people going crazy over it (other than the constant mention of how cool it looked and the animations being great).

SF6 with crossplay, rollback and knowing that Capcom will be supporting it for a long ass time is most certainly encouraging for those who will be playing the game for years.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@hardwenzen:

Yeah all anecdotal to be fair, shouldn't have said for sure. But the fact that a huge IP such as DBZ was being handled by such an accomplished FG dev (Arc may be niche, but well respected), was pretty big. Then how awesome it looked on its own merits, while at the same time eating MVCI's lunch? Just seemed like a huge deal in the circles I frequent.

To your point though, yeah SF6 is riding high af right now. Really just splitting hairs comparing other hype FGs in recent years. Currently wondering how Capcom is gonna Monkeys Paw this shite, they always find a way lol.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 st_monica
@ConanTheStoner said:

lol yeah. Already seen some ppl expressing character design disappointments, it happens. But so far nothing like meth Ken, banana hair Ken, fry hair Alex, or butterface Ibuki.

Yeah, I also think the character designs are solid so far, just Blanka looks a bit Shrek-ish, LOL.

I like how the original World Warrior characters like Ryu, Ken, Chun, Dhalsim, etc. are designed to look older and more mature. This fits nicely with the setting where they act as masters of the players in the World Tour mode.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ConanTheStoner

@st_monica:

Blankas design in 3d SF never fully clicked for me. Not like bad or anything, just feel his design was so great in SF2 and peaked in SFA. SFVs nostalgia costume is nice, but face is still too human and still just not as hulking as those classic designs. Proportion and posture just aren't there.

Actually like his SF6 model, just not big on his stance and walk cycle. Stands a bit too upright and has an apish walk... and the fade attempt 😂. Takes him out of wild hair territory into mulletsville. Though as funny as it looks that one might actually grow on me.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

Never really played a street fighter game but I am sold on this one looks really good.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

Nice! Glad to see they're releasing a whole game this time around, as opposed to SF5.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 st_monica

@Litchie: Yeah, Capcom seems to have learned from the backlash of the SFV launch. What amazes me the most, though, is that Capcom still has the resources to make such a large scale SF despite having big titles like RE4, MHR, Exoprimal, Pragmata and DD2 in development at the same time. Who could have imagined Capcom today when they released that half-baked SFV in 2016, haha.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

Not really into the whole hip hop theme running through the game but other then that the game is looking fantastic and I’m definitely very hyped for it. Decent enough roster and it’s great to see that they’ll be launching the game with a good deal of content.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PSP107

@zeldabotw2 said:

Never really played a street fighter game but I am sold on this one looks really good.

Where have you been these last 30+ years?

@st_monica said:

I like how the original World Warrior characters like Ryu, Ken, Chun, Dhalsim, etc. are designed to look older and more mature. This fits nicely with the setting where they act as masters of the players in the World Tour mode.

Chun Li model looks different from previous games and looks younger in this game.

@Archangel3371 said:

Not really into the whole hip hop theme running through the game

Yeah I don't get the hip hop vibe either.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

@PSP107: Yeah it’s just not something that falls within my musical tastes and what not. I can live with though as it won’t really prevent from enjoying the game.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 st_monica
@PSP107 said:

Chun Li model looks different from previous games and looks younger in this game.

It's called make-up, and research shows that it makes women look younger than they are, gives them confidence, and brings in more revenue for Capcom.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Looks good!

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

@PSP107 said:
@zeldabotw2 said:

@st_monica said:

@Archangel3371 said:

lol I dont know I just have not played a lot of fighters but like how this looks more open and just different than the past games in the franchise.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6982 Posts

@PSP107 said:
@zeldabotw2 said:

@st_monica said:

@Archangel3371 said:

I think it's a call back to the street fighter 3 days which leaned heavily on the hop hop vibe.

CaIiber345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CaIiber345
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

I’m suddenly very interested, despite how little I actually play fighting games. But SF has always been my go-to fighter. I’m messing with V to get reacquainted.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ConanTheStoner

Love me some hip hop, but then it's like... video game rap lol. I think it actually makes it worse when you're into the genre. Loved SFVs main themes, especially for AE. Just feels like SF.

Wouldn't sweat it tho, probably just something you get in some of the menus. Won't be any more corny than SF4s "IN-DE-STRUCTIBLE!". And assuming this game has anything near the options of SFV (yes, believe it or not, SFV is fucking stacked), you'll be able to fully customize which tracks play when. Not only with full access to the OST, but also previous SF games and classic Capcom games in general.

Random, but on the subject of themes why the shit does Ryus theme turn into heist movie music?

Loading Video...

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

I’ll just wait for Super Street Fighter 6 Ultra Arcade Turbo Special Championship Edition with all of the DLC included at a discounted price.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 st_monica

@ConanTheStoner: Oh, I too have noticed that there is a bit of controversy about the character-specific themes in SF6.

I am thinking that one of the reasons why they dare to use such flat tunes and not use traditional melodies is to make it easier to listen to the newly added commentary feature.

They seem to be heavily invested in that feature and are even going to use a famous Japanese musician as a commentator. So maybe they want you to listen to them talking rather than the songs, haha.

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#45 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59163 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: Yea, that just sounds bad imo.

Get try to update it all and move away from legacy music remaking SFII until the end of time, but if it's not good, don't bother.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PSP107

@st_monica: "It's called make-up, and research shows that it makes women look younger than they are, gives them confidence, and brings in more revenue for Capcom."

lol