SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45315 Posts

https://www.ign.com/articles/spec-ops-the-line-will-no-longer-be-available-in-online-stores-2k-blames-expiring-partnerships

Yesterday, IGN reported that Spec Ops: The Line had been delisted from Steam. Today, we updated that story with reporting that the game had also disappeared from other digital storefronts, including Fanatical, Gamesplanet, and Nuuvem. And now, we have confirmation from 2K themselves: one of the most important video games of the Xbox 360 and PS3 generation is disappearing from online storefronts for good.

2K Games sent IGN the following statement confirming The Line's delisting:

Spec Ops: The Line will no longer be available on online storefronts, as several partnership licenses related to the game are expiring.
Players who have purchased the game can still download and play the game uninterrupted. 2K would like to thank our community of players who have supported the game, and we look forward to bringing you more offerings from our label throughout this year and beyond.

While 2K hasn't provided specifics as to what partnerships are expiring, Spec Ops: The Line contains several pieces of licensed music, including Jimmy Hendrix's iconic rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. Expiring music licenses have been the reason for many delistings in the past, and that would seem to be a probable reason here.

Just comes to show that physical is still the better platform! Don’t you agree, SW? Now the next generation of gamers won’t get to experience a truly underrated and unique game... unless they get a physical copy lol.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

Okay, so last two comments deleted for not paying attention. In the end, physical remains superior.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59164 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Okay, so last two comments deleted for not paying attention. In the end, physical remains superior.

If you bought the game you still own it.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts

I mean, they aren't removing it altogether.

You can still download and play if you already own it. Sucks for those who haven't played it, it's a great game.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

Honestly bought/started it years and years ago, but never got far into the game. Thankfully, I still have access on Steam.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

I have been hearing nothing but good thing about this game for so damn long it feels like its been 20 years. THIS is the kind of remakes i'd like to see, not fking TLOU.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

I mean, from a really obscure standpoint, I guess I can understand the "big picture" argument of why this is bad.

But practically, the game is old, and I'd like to think anyone that really wanted it would have gotten it, and anyone that is lamenting the fact it is no longer available for purchase is just being a drama queen.

I think the more important question here is this: as gamers, do we have a right now to make this game available via alternative means? Clearly the IP owners have no interest in making money off the game, otherwise they would not have allowed the contracts or what have you to expire. So, in that spirit, is it now ethical to make the game available freely?

Nevermind the technical/legal arguments.

Also FYI not advocating piracy, it's just...old game...no longer for sale...no money to be made...maybe it's time to ask that question.

@hardwenzen said:

I have been hearing nothing but good thing about this game for so damn long it feels like its been 20 years. THIS is the kind of remakes i'd like to see, not fking TLOU.

Yeah, no shit.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mrbojangles25
@nintendoboy16 said:

...physical remains superior.

Really?

Go find a physical copy of Spec Ops: The Line

I'll wait. I got my copy still on Steam, so I'm good.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Badass game. Truly unique. If you've read Joseph Conrad, extra plus.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

That’s a shame. It’s such a great game!

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6410 Posts

@mrbojangles25: See the problem you and people like you is well I've already bought it so I still have access to it. It's all about YOU.

What about future generations who will get into gaming and want to play older games, they simply have NO choice on Steam and soon to be consoles when they go all digital.

You need to stop thinking about yourself all the time and think about game preservation also.

The history of video games should be open to everyone, not just those "lucky" enough to be born when certain games were made.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic: If console gaming went all digital tomorrow and Sony were releasing Spiderman 3 digital only next week would you still buy it?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#15 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

@last_lap:

@uninspiredcup said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

If you bought the game you still own it.

It's not available for purchase for future generations of gamers though. That's the main problem.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

You can still buy it from GOG

https://www.gog.com/en/game/spec_ops_the_line

I wonder if it will also be removed from there as well?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrbojangles25
@last_lap said:

@mrbojangles25: See the problem you and people like you is well I've already bought it so I still have access to it. It's all about YOU.

What about future generations who will get into gaming and want to play older games, they simply have NO choice on Steam and soon to be consoles when they go all digital.

You need to stop thinking about yourself all the time and think about game preservation also.

The history of video games should be open to everyone, not just those "lucky" enough to be born when certain games were made.

Well, this is where the question of "free use" (or whatever term you'd like to use) comes into play, and why we need to stop tip-toeing around asking the question: if a game has more or less been removed from the market, is it OK to add it to the grey market or for free?

And while I do care about future generations having access to games, I fail to see how physical copies really help with this situation:

• Are new copies of the game being printed? No. So that sort of ends the argument right here, but let's continue...
  • Are current copies going to be around forever? No. Every single day, we have fewer physical copies. Whether it's someone's mom throwing their copy out during spring cleaning, their baby brother scratching the disk, general wear-and-tear...physical copies have a limited shelf life. Digital lasts essentially forever. When I'm 80, I will still have my digital copy of Spec Ops: The Line on Steam, and when I get tired of playing Half-Life 4 and Star Citizen 2, I can go back and play this 50 year old game :P
  • Are people with physical copies of Spec Ops: The Line (or other old and obscure games) even aware they have them still? Probably not. More likely, they're sitting in the bottom of a large moving box somewhere. The exception being the legitimate video game historian-librarian, of which there are like...maybe 10 in the world?

So, to sum up: digital backups are the only way to guarantee access to games in the future. Digital backups of any media are the only way to guarantee access to anything in the future. You can collect records and CD's but it won't be as good as a hard drive with 10 redundant copies stored on a server.

So we come back to my original point: the problem isn't me with my digital copy, the problem is a.) people thinking physical is somehow a better way to preserve game media (when it clearly isn't), and b.) the problem is selfish corporations hoarding their IP, even when they clearly have no intention of doing anything with it.

The idea that a physical copy is somehow a guarantee that a game is going to be preserved for all time is misguided at best. And where are these benevolent, altruistic collectors of physical media? Are they out there tossing copies of games to the younger generations? C'mon let's be real here: these people are hoarding old games and then selling them for hundreds of dollars; they don't give a shit about younger generations.

Instead of arguing over physical or digital, I think we should turn our focus on corporations and how they, as I said earlier, guard their IP even after deciding to de-list it and not do anything with it.

*oh, and one last point: can you play an original Playstation copy of a game on a Playstation 5? A physical cartridge Nintendo NES game on a Switch? How much is original Playstation and NES these days? In 30, 40, 50, etc years when your grandson says "Grandpa, show me a PS1 game" are you going to look online for a PS1 and then try to buy some physical copies of PS1 games? Will you have the dongles and cables and adapters and even the right TV to do so?

You give me shit for preferring digital, but only owners of digital can go on any computer in the world, log on to Steam/GoG/etc any where in the world, and share a game with another person from 20+ years ago without issue. Is it perfect? No, of course not, but it can be done. Can't say the same for physical.

But when I visit my nephew in Japan and I'm showing him how to play Unreal Tournement and Deus Ex and Half-Life on his laptop, I'll be enjoying that. Wouldn't be able to do that with physical media without mailing a bunch of old consoles and copies of games over.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts
@last_lap said:

Yeah, and the physical copies are still in production and distribution? That's what you are trying to say here?

How many physical-only older games are gone forever because they were never in digital distribution to being with? How many of them are gone forever because some rich assholes can't decide between themselves who holds the rights to it, so no one is able to re-release the games digitally?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7266 Posts

Got it for dirt cheap on the ms store could this mean there's a remaster in the works.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Last_Lap

@rmpumper said:
@last_lap said:

Yeah, and the physical copies are still in production and distribution? That's what you are trying to say here?

How many physical-only older games are gone forever because they were never in digital distribution to being with? How many of them are gone forever because some rich assholes can't decide between themselves who holds the rights to it, so no one is able to re-release the games digitally?

I didn't say older games were still in production. As for older games that were never in digital distribution, well game companies should still have the original code stored (if they're responsible) and can reproduce both physically and digitally copies

There are still Dreamcast games being made to this day on disc with manual case as they were back in the day. So preservation isn't so hard nor costly if independents are making physical games so can bigger devs.

Games that are digital only are a waste because the way games are made these days there's always some form of licensing and then when these licenses expire the devs don't edit the games and take out the expired content (usually music) they decide to just pull the game and thus being lost for future generations, to play, at least physical can still give future generations a way to play older games.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Last_Lap
@mrbojangles25 said:
@last_lap said:

Well, this is where the question of "free use" (or whatever term you'd like to use) comes into play, and why we need to stop tip-toeing around asking the question: if a game has more or less been removed from the market, is it OK to add it to the grey market or for free?

And while I do care about future generations having access to games, I fail to see how physical copies really help with this situation:

• Are new copies of the game being printed? No. So that sort of ends the argument right here, but let's continue...
  • Are current copies going to be around forever? No. Every single day, we have fewer physical copies. Whether it's someone's mom throwing their copy out during spring cleaning, their baby brother scratching the disk, general wear-and-tear...physical copies have a limited shelf life. Digital lasts essentially forever. When I'm 80, I will still have my digital copy of Spec Ops: The Line on Steam, and when I get tired of playing Half-Life 4 and Star Citizen 2, I can go back and play this 50 year old game :P
  • Are people with physical copies of Spec Ops: The Line (or other old and obscure games) even aware they have them still? Probably not. More likely, they're sitting in the bottom of a large moving box somewhere. The exception being the legitimate video game historian-librarian, of which there are like...maybe 10 in the world?

So, to sum up: digital backups are the only way to guarantee access to games in the future. Digital backups of any media are the only way to guarantee access to anything in the future. You can collect records and CD's but it won't be as good as a hard drive with 10 redundant copies stored on a server.

So we come back to my original point: the problem isn't me with my digital copy, the problem is a.) people thinking physical is somehow a better way to preserve game media (when it clearly isn't), and b.) the problem is selfish corporations hoarding their IP, even when they clearly have no intention of doing anything with it.

The idea that a physical copy is somehow a guarantee that a game is going to be preserved for all time is misguided at best. And where are these benevolent, altruistic collectors of physical media? Are they out there tossing copies of games to the younger generations? C'mon let's be real here: these people are hoarding old games and then selling them for hundreds of dollars; they don't give a shit about younger generations.

Instead of arguing over physical or digital, I think we should turn our focus on corporations and how they, as I said earlier, guard their IP even after deciding to de-list it and not do anything with it.

*oh, and one last point: can you play an original Playstation copy of a game on a Playstation 5? A physical cartridge Nintendo NES game on a Switch? How much is original Playstation and NES these days? In 30, 40, 50, etc years when your grandson says "Grandpa, show me a PS1 game" are you going to look online for a PS1 and then try to buy some physical copies of PS1 games? Will you have the dongles and cables and adapters and even the right TV to do so?

You give me shit for preferring digital, but only owners of digital can go on any computer in the world, log on to Steam/GoG/etc any where in the world, and share a game with another person from 20+ years ago without issue. Is it perfect? No, of course not, but it can be done. Can't say the same for physical.

But when I visit my nephew in Japan and I'm showing him how to play Unreal Tournement and Deus Ex and Half-Life on his laptop, I'll be enjoying that. Wouldn't be able to do that with physical media without mailing a bunch of old consoles and copies of games over.

I'm not giving you shit for preferring digital (that wasn't even my intention) more your attitude towards the game getting delisted didn't bother you because you already own it and have future access to it whereas future generations don't.

Look I don't want to argue back and forth over this. My gripe is games being digital only and thus when games get delisted they disappear forever for future generations unless you can get a physical copy.

There are still Sega mega drive games being made and released on cart, with box, artwork and manuals, so expense is not the issues, it's the a-hole companies who only think of the bottom line and how to save a buck anyway anyhow.

These devs should just put a few of their staff to remove the content that licenses have expired and leave the game for sale at half price, that would better help to preserve gaming and they would still make a dollar or two.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3091 Posts

I honestly don't know why this game gets so much praise. Mechanically, I don't remember it being anything special. Just a generic third person shooter in a sandy city. And the part everyone chubbs on was alright at best.

@mrbojangles25: As much as I don't like the digital only future/present, you're pretty much spot on. As far as preservation goes, it's the only viable option I can see. I just HATE the idea that we gave them the ability to shut our access off on a whim; all for the sake of convenience. But you're right.

Still, I would love for Sony to put out a small, stackable version of every PlayStation, that could play discs. Have them connect together with each other, and with whatever the current system of the day. Play through the individual units, with the old splash screens, or pump it through your the contemporary one. If somehow you could leverage the extra power of all the systems combined, or at least the modern one, that would be cool too. And you could have either Redbox kiosks, or something similar at the store that could burn you a disc of whatever you wanted. Then you could a secondary market of people that make cases and manuals and stuff. Totally wasteful, definitely not gonna happen, but I think it would be cool 😎

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3091 Posts

I honestly don't know why this game gets so much praise. Mechanically, I don't remember it being anything special. Just a generic third person shooter in a sandy city. And the part everyone chubbs on was alright at best.

@mrbojangles25: As much as I don't like the digital only future/present, you're pretty much spot on. As far as preservation goes, it's the only viable option I can see. I just HATE the idea that we gave them the ability to shut our access off on a whim; all for the sake of convenience. But you're right.

Still, I would love for Sony to put out a small, stackable version of every PlayStation, that could play discs. Have them connect together with each other, and with whatever the current system of the day. Play through the individual units, with the old splash screens, or pump it through your the contemporary one. If somehow you could leverage the extra power of all the systems combined, or at least the modern one, that would be cool too. And you could have either Redbox kiosks, or something similar at the store that could burn you a disc of whatever you wanted. Then you could a secondary market of people that make cases and manuals and stuff. Totally wasteful, definitely not gonna happen, but I think it would be cool 😎

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22819 Posts

Great game for the steam deck... Played through it, crazy story, pretty fun gameplay.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

...physical remains superior.

Really?

Go find a physical copy of Spec Ops: The Line

I'll wait. I got my copy still on Steam, so I'm good.

Plus PC has abandonware sites a plenty so ...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts
@TheEroica said:

Great game for the steam deck... Played through it, crazy story, pretty fun gameplay.

Yeah these are the games I love most on Steam Deck: they play 60fps, smooth, have controller support out of the box.

Is there 16:10 support?

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts

@last_lap said:

Games that are digital only are a waste because the way games are made these days there's always some form of licensing and then when these licenses expire the devs don't edit the games and take out the expired content (usually music) they decide to just pull the game and thus being lost for future generations, to play, at least physical can still give future generations a way to play older games.

That's not an issue with only digital distribution. Look at all the old NFS games from the Underground-Most Wanted era. They were physical only, but EA can't start printing new copies for the same reason why they can't put the games on digital stores - licensing for the music, and sometimes cars, is expired.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
@mrbojangles25 said:
@last_lap said:

I don’t think you understand the physical game argument as much as you think you do. When a game launches on physical, that is it, the game is preserved. Digital games can be altered and removed at any time. Also, retro gaming and archivists exist. I can go into a local game shop and still buy games from 40 years ago.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#29  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70014 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Well said. These pro physical folks are so misguided that it is waste of time having any meaningful discussion. Exhibut A above 😂

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

I hate that this stuff happens. The game should stay available on digital stores. Period.

But then, come on. Whether it's being sold on Steam/GoG or not, it is going to be available forever....or as long as the internet exists, anyway.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Last_Lap

@rmpumper said:
@last_lap said:

That's not an issue with only digital distribution. Look at all the old NFS games from the Underground-Most Wanted era. They were physical only, but EA can't start printing new copies for the same reason why they can't put the games on digital stores - licensing for the music, and sometimes cars, is expired.

I know, but they are still physical copies that people can buy, digital, well you're shit out of luck if you want to buy a copy.

People who think that they will still have their digital library in 20yrs are crazy, if the subscription model sets in, they won't be selling you games anymore they will be renting them to you. All digital is a slippery slope, and once we go down that slope there's no turning back.

Sony just recently tried to take people's shows that they purchased away from them, once they saw the backlash they relented and "found" a way. These companies are going to continue to try and screw over its customers anyway they can.

The all-digital absolutist are the worst, there is a perfect example a couple of post above. Imagine advocating for less choice, mind boggling.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59164 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@last_lap:

It's not available for purchase for future generations of gamers though. That's the main problem.

Physical media typically entailed scalpers and collectors hoarding games for extortionate amounts of money.

You can jump on some le_website and get this in about 20 seconds.

This is how the majority of people play old Nintendo games, which they hate.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@last_lap said:

Typically delisted games end up being free to download on abandonware sites eventually. Go google abandonware games and see what you can find.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22819 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@TheEroica said:

Yeah these are the games I love most on Steam Deck: they play 60fps, smooth, have controller support out of the box.

Is there 16:10 support?

Not sure actually! It ran buttery smooth though on deck. I went through like 15 360 era games last summer on deck and it was so great. They run really well.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts
@AcidTango said:

You can still buy it from GOG

https://www.gog.com/en/game/spec_ops_the_line

I wonder if it will also be removed from there as well?

So the game just got removed from GOG now. It's a good thing I bought it yesterday. It was on low sale before it was removed so I got very lucky.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Sad story...although the mp lacked the campaign was probably the best shooter I've ever played. The story and atmosphere were top notch.

This is probably only the start moving forward with licensing concerning digital only products.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 760 Posts

Shame

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Last_Lap

@last_lap said:

@SolidGame_basic: If console gaming went all digital tomorrow and Sony were releasing Spiderman 3 digital only next week would you still buy it?

Still waiting for your response Solid. Never mind your silence speaks volumes. You have no conviction.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19587 Posts

@last_lap: To be fair, it's a ridiculous hypothetical scenario, because Sony would never release two big games in the same 12 month period.

Back on topic, I'm glad I bought this 11+ years ago on Steam, and I'll have access to it as long as Steam is supported, and I never have to find storage space for the game or worry about the disc being scratched or worry about my 360 dying.

If I had a physical version, there'd be no guarantee it would have survived multiple house moves and a decade of me not using my Xbox.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Last_Lap

@Planeforger said:

@last_lap: To be fair, it's a ridiculous hypothetical scenario, because Sony would never release two big games in the same 12 month period.

Huh?

Horizon Zero Dawn Forbidden West 18th February 2022

Gran Turismo 7 4th March 2022

God of War Ragnarök November 9th 2022

3 big releases in a 9-month period.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidGame_basic  Online

@Planeforger said:

Back on topic, I'm glad I bought this 11+ years ago on Steam, and I'll have access to it as long as Steam is supported, and I never have to find storage space for the game or worry about the disc being scratched or worry about my 360 dying.

If I had a physical version, there'd be no guarantee it would have survived multiple house moves and a decade of me not using my Xbox.

And what if Steam goes out of business? Then what happens to your games? #physicalwins

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

No worries as the good ol' Robin Hoods have preserved this gem of a game for future generations to enjoy. I am playing it on my PS3 and currently at Chapter 12. This is indeed a good game mainly due to the plot involved.

Talking about physical vs digital, I was watching a video about a gamer who had temporarily lost a job and house. The video made me realize that many people don't have the luxury of a permanent residence.

I am all for physical games as I like many of you I guess are fortunate enough to live in a house with no mortgage. I always questioned the logic of gamers prefering digital over physical obviously for console gaming.

But if you think from the standpoint of people living in a rental house or a trailer, keeping a large library of physical disks is not feasible due to limited space or temporary residence.

So, I think we should stop debating which one medium is the best for gamers. The best situation is different for every gamer.

In the past more people lived in their own house. That's why physical was more popular. Now the situation is different and most gamers prefer digital.

Physical games are best for me due to my location in a suburban area with slow internet connection. For others, digital is the best medium. I won't be debating on such a topic going forward as it's pointless.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#43 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70014 Posts

Physical medium gamers continue to be the vegans of gaming.😂

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SolidGame_basic  Online

@danishanwar said:

No worries as the good ol' Robin Hoods have preserved this gem of a game for future generations to enjoy. I am playing it on my PS3 and currently at Chapter 12. This is indeed a good game mainly due to the plot involved.

Talking about physical vs digital, I was watching a video about a gamer who had temporarily lost a job and house. The video made me realize that many people don't have the luxury of a permanent residence.

I am all for physical games as I like many of you I guess are fortunate enough to live in a house with no mortgage. I always questioned the logic of gamers prefering digital over physical obviously for console gaming.

But if you think from the standpoint of people living in a rental house or a trailer, keeping a large library of physical disks is not feasible due to limited space or temporary residence.

So, I think we should stop debating which one medium is the best for gamers. The best situation is different for every gamer.

In the past more people lived in their own house. That's why physical was more popular. Now the situation is different and most gamers prefer digital.

Physical games are best for me due to my location in a suburban area with slow internet connection. For others, digital is the best medium. I won't be debating on such a topic going forward as it's pointless.

physical games are actually better for people on a budget. you can borrow the game from a friend, you can sell the game, etc. digital is a sunk cost.