The Callisto Protocol comes out December 2nd!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45314 Posts

Wow, a real horror game, and it looks really good. Who’s hyped for Callisto Protocol?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

Cool. Really enjoyed the Dead Space games and this trailer looked great so I’m hyped.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70008 Posts

Don't forget, if it is not exclusive it doesn't count as a real game.😎

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Nice, I do enjoy some good sci-fi horror, one of my favorite blends of genres.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE. Now i sound like ghost, and that feels bad, but holy f*ck, i was expecting quality after seeing an interview with Glen Schofield and knowing that they don't have a publisher breathing down their neck, but daaaaamn bruh, this shit looks sweeeeet.

Calling it now, this will be the best horror suvival game in two decades plus.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen: indeed, and graphics are way better than Elden Ring 😜

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@SolidGame_basic said:

@hardwenzen: indeed, and graphics are way better than Elden Ring 😜

I mean, its a generation ahead. Hell, a gen and a half when it comes to visuals. I don't know what engine they're using (prob ue5?), but it might be the actual new graphics king.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

Dead Space vibes. Looking forward to this and DS remake.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16576 Posts

looks like it took pretty heavy inspiration from deadspace

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidGame_basic

@blaznwiipspman1: the guy who created Dead Space directed this game

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:

Not only directed, but he admited stealing a bunch of Dead Space ideas, which are his own cuz he made the game lol. Callisto will show EA how dumb they're for not only transforming DS3 into a multiplayer garbage fest of a title, but also abandoning the series like they don't own the IP. Y'all better buy this thing.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blaznwiipspman1

@SolidGame_basic said:

no wonder. I was going to call it a DS clone, but I guess I was pretty close to the mark. I wonder how this will stack up to the DS remake.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

no wonder. I was going to call it a DS clone, but I guess I was pretty close to the mark. I wonder how this will stack up to the DS remake.

How do you think? DS remake is just a game from 2008 with shinier visuals. Callisto is an evolution of the style made by the same crew. This will obliterate DS remake.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

How do you think? DS remake is just a game from 2008 with shinier visuals. Callisto is an evolution of the style made by the same crew. This will obliterate DS remake.

you're underestimating EA. I actually thought the same as you that the DS remake would be another "demon souls". But after seeing what capcom is doing with the re4 remake, I am much more excited to see the DS remake than before. EA is a massive company, and they're not going to just sit there and get shat on. The DS remake will be amazing, thats my take on it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

you're underestimating EA. I actually thought the same as you that the DS remake would be another "demon souls". But after seeing what capcom is doing with the re4 remake, I am much more excited to see the DS remake than before. EA is a massive company, and they're not going to just sit there and get shat on. The DS remake will be amazing, thats my take on it.

Nice try with demon's souls, but if you knew how anal my fellow souls elitists are, you would know and understand that they better not change anything major for the remake or there will be a mega shitstorm. What Bluepoint did was perfect *other than remastering a few songs in a shittier way*.

And just so you know, cuz i feel like many aren't getting it, the DS remake is made by EA for testing the waters. Since a remake is way less expensive to produce than a new DS game, if it sells well, you can expect DS4. DS remake is a test run for them, but even if it does just OK, Callisto will do very well (if it plays as good as it looks, which it will), and this might be the reason why EA will make DS4, and it will be a proper survival horror game, and not some multiplayer dogshit with microtransactions.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Nice try with demon's souls, but if you knew how anal my fellow souls elitists are, you would know and understand that they better not change anything major for the remake or there will be a mega shitstorm. What Bluepoint did was perfect *other than remastering a few songs in a shittier way*.

And just so you know, cuz i feel like many aren't getting it, the DS remake is made by EA for testing the waters. Since a remake is way less expensive to produce than a new DS game, if it sells well, you can expect DS4. DS remake is a test run for them, but even if it does just OK, Callisto will do very well (if it plays as good as it looks, which it will), and this might be the reason why EA will make DS4, and it will be a proper survival horror game, and not some multiplayer dogshit with microtransactions.

dude, EA didn't just revive DS for no reason, they probably been spying on callisto for a while. Anyways, I think EA is going to do good things with the remake. They aren't going to get embarrased by a nobody, especially not an ex employee, thats just a slap in the face to their reputation. EA is going to go hard on the DS remake, just watch and see.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

dude, EA didn't just revive DS for no reason, they probably been spying on callisto for a while. Anyways, I think EA is going to do good things with the remake. They aren't going to get embarrased by a nobody, especially not an ex employee, thats just a slap in the face to their reputation. EA is going to go hard on the DS remake, thats my guess.

There was nothing to spy on Callisto lol. They revived it (and a remake is not an actual revive, but as i said, more like testing the waters to see if people are still itnerested in these kind of games, cuz you know, they're pretty rare these days) because you simply cannot not see a bunch of fans of the original game talking how good it was and that it was the last true horror survival title.

I am not too sure what you mean being emberrased by a "nobody". Its the damn original DS crew. That is not a nobody. They have the budget, talent, vision and no pressure from a publisher. That is all what's needed for a very successful game.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Hell ya i am excited. the same person who created deadspace worked on this game, so yah im going to get it for sure

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen  Online

And i forgot to say, this game will shit all over Alan Wake 2. I hope @ghosts4ever accepts this and moves on with his life already.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen: its funny, I just did some research on bluepoint, seems they're ex retro studios. A mainline nintendo developer. The guys who founded bluepoint were heavily involved with some of nintendos greatest games, including metroid prime, and donkey kong.

You hating on nintendo but lapping up nintendo side scraps, a nintendo offshoot is a real joke.

Actually, now that I know who they are, I actually have a bit of respect for them, and will definitely put the demon souls remaster on my list of games to play. Since metroid prime is still one of my fave games of all time.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: its funny, I just did some research on bluepoint, seems they're ex retro studios. A mainline nintendo developer. The guys who founded bluepoint were heavily involved with some of nintendos greatest games, including metroid prime, and donkey kong.

You hating on nintendo but lapping up nintendo side scraps, a nintendo offshoot is a real joke.

Actually, now that I know who they are, I actually have a bit of respect for them, and will definitely put the demon souls remaster on my list of games to play. Since metroid prime is still one of my fave games of all time.

I hate on Nintendo because they're stuck in the past. Focusing on gimmicks is not why i play video games.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

Wonder if the Dead Space remake would suffer for coming after Callisto Protocol by a few weeks. Curious if EA after seeing this will push for heavy crunching to get their Dead Space remake out by Halloween.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#24 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70008 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Wonder if the Dead Space remake would suffer for coming after Callisto Protocol by a few weeks. Curious if EA after seeing this will push for heavy crunching to get their Dead Space remake out by Halloween.

Who knows. The Callisto Protocol might be better worse it might be a flop. We will see at the end of the year.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@lamprey263 said:

That is very true, and if they don't release it before Callisto, its guaranteed to suffer.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

@hardwenzen: This looks good. But not Alan wake 2.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@ghosts4ever said:

lolstop. AW2 has no chance against this. This is literally looking exactly like a game of this genre is supposed to. Can't even name a single thing i didn't like in the trailer.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59163 Posts

The bang bang looks satisfying.

Looks like a straight-up Dead Space clone, that's fine, can live with that.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@Pedro said:

Don't forget, if it is not exclusive it doesn't count as a real game.😎

I was literally gonna say the same thing. XD

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen  Online

Compare these visuals to Halo Infinite and ask Microsoft what went wrong.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

lolstop. AW2 has no chance against this. This is literally looking exactly like a game of this genre is supposed to. Can't even name a single thing i didn't like in the trailer.

Remedy are more talented than developers who are nobody.

beside It looks pretty good for sure. but not Alan wake 2 level.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

The real Dead Space 3.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen said:

Will Xbox Series S be able to handle it?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Of course. At 640p.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen  Online
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Remedy are more talented than developers who are nobody.

beside It looks pretty good for sure. but not Alan wake 2 level.

This is not a nobody🤦‍♂️

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Of course. At 640p.

TLHBO

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46486 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Seems stupid imho, at this point no game is free of delays.

Why go for insane crunching when Callisto might even be delayed and pushed into 2023, maybe even after the Dead Space remake?

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Oh, look. Yet another great-looking horror game I won't play because I'm too afraid :-( :-D

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I hope it doesn't get delayed, I would hope they wouldn't announce a release windows in next 6 months unless they were pretty sure

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SolidGame_basic
@IgGy621985 said:

Oh, look. Yet another great-looking horror game I won't play because I'm too afraid :-( :-D

Man up and do it!

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

This looks awesome, loved the trailer and definitely plan on buying this when it launches on PC

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hardwenzen  Online
Loading Video...

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen: even the box art looks sick

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7266 Posts

Looks great you can see the comparison to dead space.