To the PC players, what worries you about Starfield PC?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

DaVillain  Moderator

Poll To the PC players, what worries you about Starfield PC? (47 votes)

Bethesda history of bugs and it rarely pays off 13%
Being AMD exclusive means poor optimization and missing key features from Nvidia's DLSS 21%
System Requirements seems fishy 2%
Todd Howard's wall of lies 9%
All of the above plays a factor TC, Major red flag! 26%
Me worried? No way, my PC can handle anything 30%

After seeing a few PC gamers having doubts about Starfield PC and this game's releasing is right around the corner, guess this is a good time to ask PC gamers what worries or concerns (no pun intended) you have for the PC version?

Bethesda games normally don't rub me the wrong way, I do love Skyrim just for the modding mayhem and stuff, always wanted Skyrim in space so I have very little concern for the PC version except that the whole AMD partner exclusive is just BS. Bethesda should have been more open to working with both AMD/Nvidia if they didn't want to get all the bad press coming from that. In any case, I hope Bethesda for once have a good launch and that's being generous on my part.

• 
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

All of the above really - though I have an RTX 4090 and will be able to power through anything.

But if it doesn't support DLSS 3 (no frame gen) or even a good DLSS 2 mode and gets sub 90 fps at 4K/max settings that would be a let down lol.

Some games like Callisto only get around 50-70fps native looking at other people on YT. Starfield doesn't look as good but it sure can perform worse.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1250 Posts

All of the above, really. But more so if the game is an unoptimized mess. Baldur's Gate and Ratchet and Clank are both wonderfully-optimized titles, and I have a feeling Starfield won't be as good.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2252 Posts

Honestly never been the biggest fan of Bethesda games, yeah skyrim was great but otherwise most of their recent titles has been pretty meh and yeah they do have a tendency to release them in a terribly state!

But of course with the greatness that is gamepass, it isn’t a major concern as I can just try it and if it’s a mess as I suspect I won’t have lost anything…

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9859 Posts

I guess I mostly worry about a really buggy launch to the point of the game being close to unplayable. I try to not be too excited for the launch date, as chances are I won't be able to really play it for some time. We will see.

I know people who take a day off work for really big game launches. Doing something like that for this game seems like setting yourself up for massive disapointment!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44129 Posts

I'm worried my SuperMighty XSX MonsterBox will run it way better than my $5000.00 Pee Salty Sea. lol :P

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45222 Posts

I see how it is, you only care about PC gamers lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#7 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17821 Posts

I am not worried. I expect the usual Bethesda jank and that is why I won't be paying it right away. However, I am disappointed that this is an AMD sponsored title and there is no native DLSS support. This can be fixed with a mod, but still shitty.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34655 Posts

Their last couple of games.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8484 Posts

It's a Bethesda RPG. That's the biggest red flag regardless of any platform. Not really worried either because I don't give two sh*ts about it but I'm just waiting for a disaster and memes it brings with it.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1847 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

All of the above really - though I have an RTX 4090 and will be able to power through anything.

But if it doesn't support DLSS 3 (no frame gen) or even a good DLSS 2 mode and gets sub 90 fps at 4K/max settings that would be a let down lol.

Some games like Callisto only get around 50-70fps native looking at other people on YT. Starfield doesn't look as good but it sure can perform worse.

Yeah same. Plus some unexplainable stutters. RTX 4090 here as well and Elden Ring was almost unplayable for me because of stutters regardless the Nvidia panel settings I tried. The problem for me was my second screen, had to disconnect it when playing Elden Ring.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56192 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

I'm worried my SuperMighty XSX MonsterBox will run it way better than my $5000.00 Pee Salty Sea. lol :P

I’m excited for you! It's gonna be great for console gamers👌👏

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58370 Posts

I'm a little worried about the mod community; we've seen with Fallout 4 and Skyrim they've tried to commodify some stuff, or turn it into a marketplace.

I just want them to release the game and whatever SDK/toolkit the mod community needs and be done with it; no need for any sort of service. I fully expect an expansion or two (the ones for previous games tended to be quite good, actually), but I don't want there to be MTX or any attempt to turn mods into some sort of commodity.

But overall I am not too worried. As excited as I am for Starfield, the fact is there's a lot of great games out there and if it doesn't meet my expectations, that's fine. This is a AAA developer we are talking about, after all; their kind tends to be more disappointing than not these days.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#13  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17821 Posts
@davillain said:
@SecretPolice said:

I’m excited for you! It's gonna be great for console gamers👌👏

No need to lie to the guy to make him feel better. It will run at 30fps which makes it shit by default.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17833 Posts

2 Big worries, neither really a PC specific issue.

1) Bethesdas output has been mixed since Skyrim (which I did enjoy). I hope they are back on form and the game is a blast.

2) Bugs. Lots of bugs. Bugged to buggery. Bethesda releases games in an unfinished state and also have a poor track record of fixing them. The amount of bugs the community had to clean up in Skyrim is shocking.

It's very unlikely I will be playing the game at launch. Perhaps not even until over a year post launch. I'll probably get around to just Playing CP2077 instead....FINALLY it looks like its ready (though i'll probably leave it till a month or 2 post expansion release).

The whole AMD sponsorship thing....yeah trust AMDs marketing department to completely blow it once again (though the special edition GPU does look nice. A shame they didn't box a custom cooler with the CPU too). But the lack of DLSS is not the end of the world either. It will have an upscaler. Not the best upscaler by any stretch...but an upscaler. Hopefully it does have DLSS and Xess too on day one and there was just a lot of noise over nothing in the end (though this is sadly looking less likely). But the lack of these is also not a showstopper.

On a side note: what is the story with mod support? Any talk of bethesda releasing dev tools? Will it be mod friendly?

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

Pretty sure it's gonna run fine on my i5 13600K 32GB RAM and RTX 3080, much better than it would if I were to play it on my Series X. I'll be playing on Game Pass anyway, not much to lose.

I skipped over Fallout 76, so my last big Bethesda game was Fallout 4, even with all this 'bugthesda' talk, I never had any game breaking bugs on Fallout 4.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#16 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59060 Posts

It's Bethesda. Gonna suck. Get better with mods, and those will keep people playing.

But gonna suck, regardless of fake "wowowwowow" 10 minutes after launch.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61506 Posts

Usual stuff... Performance and bugs.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9406 Posts

None of those are worries. Bethesda bugs or performance have never been an issue for me and the worlds are always genuinely fun to explore with plenty of neat environmental storytelling. So bugs and performance are not a concern at all, no...

My worries are that the dialog and main story might be as bad as Fallout 4. I enjoyed parts of FO4 a lot and had a fun time with it and played a ton, but the NPC and character dialog was fucking awful and there was no choice or consequence to any of it. Skyrim also had this problem to a lesser extent. Power fantasies make good games, but shitty RPGs. I hope they rethink the flow of the game and the importance of NPCs and factions. I don't want it to feel like the world is there just for me, otherwise it will just be a mindless explore-kill-loot-craft-build game like FO4.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#19 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Absolutely nothing.

It's a BGS game. We've been through this song and dance before.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39100 Posts

The only thing i am worried about is lems sanity. They will never see 60fps and 3289234982398 nude mods. Who plays that version, anyways?

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2530 Posts

Sounds like the review codes are going out the day early access starts. The game is coming in hot. Unless…

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39100 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

Sounds like the review codes are going out the day early access starts. The game is coming in hot. Unless…

They're not gonna mess this one up. That is simply not how you begin a new IP. You will see as much effort being put into this one as its currently possible by Bethesda.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
@ghostofgolden said:

Sept. 1st is when the early review codes are sent out for reviewers. But I don't know if YouTubers or Twitch streamers will be able to upload gameplay if it breaks the actual street release day.

@BassMan said:

No need to lie to the guy to make him feel better. It will run at 30fps which makes it shit by default.

Heh, I didn't want to hurt the police feelings😅

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

No worries here. I'll never play a Bethesda game on day 1 again, so I'll come around to it when reports are that all the inevitable bugs have been mostly fixed.

What's the rush? Ya'll struggling for something to play? I have a backlog of about 300 games on Steam. A new game ain't going anywhere.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2073 Posts

Based on Bethesda's track record it's almost certain there will be some bugs, personally I'm hoping those bugs are not so egregious as to take me out of the moment to moment gameplay, second hope is w/e bugs are present I'm hoping patches come quickly and lastly I'd very much like to see the creation kit (whatever they call it) released quickly so mods can start to work their way through.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6178 Posts

@davillain: I think you're missing 1 genuine option in the poll.

Worrying whether the game is cracked within the first week 🫢

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46441 Posts

Being AMD exclusive means poor optimization and missing key features from Nvidia's DLSS

^This. I literally have zero hype for it right now as it's 30fps on console and possibly a mess on PC. I'll enjoy The Outer Worlds for some time to come until I read some performance reviews.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 692 Posts

I am zero worried about starfield because I will definitely not buy it at launch.

By the time I buy it, It will already be a game with few bugs.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44129 Posts

@davillain said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Sept. 1st is when the early review codes are sent out for reviewers. But I don't know if YouTubers or Twitch streamers will be able to upload gameplay if it breaks the actual street release day.

@BassMan said:

Heh, I didn't want to hurt the police feelings😅

lol :P

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

@hardwenzen:

Looking forward to having my big ship full of naked ladies. 😛

Honestly though, I won't but it won't be long before you can lol. The nexus mods page for the game is now up. Nude mods will probably be the first to make the list (again). Never understood these types of mods.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2530 Posts
@davillain said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Well now some industry folks are saying the review codes are going out this week. I would post the tweet, but GameSpot doesn’t recognize X.com… 🙄

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaVillain  Moderator

@last_lap said:

@davillain: I think you're missing 1 genuine option in the poll.

Worrying whether the game is cracked within the first week 🫢

Starfield has Denuvo. If a game has Denuvo, it cannot be cracked. And besides, why even bother when this game will be on Game Pass anyway.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#34 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6096 Posts

Playing Starfield on my XSX. I don’t have a PC but a piss poor laptop.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1003 Posts

A game this big will have some bugs and that's fine so long as they are few and not game breaking. Not worried about performance as my system will handle it with ease, just hope it is satisfying to play.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1001 Posts

Both xbox owners and pc owners should be worried, bethesda games are usually broken on all platforms. Worse on consoles usually, like most games in general.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20120 Posts

I’ve got a 3080ti so I’m hoping it’ll do ok just by brute force but I’m expecting to have to turn some settings down and hope for few gpu related bugs.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Nothing to worry about cause I'll be getting it on xbox.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 759 Posts

No DLSS

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
@miquella said:

No DLSS

Take this with a grind of salt:

I really don't like using FSR. I rather go native than turn it on as my RTX 4070 is more than enough to brute force a game when I'm only targeting 1440p.