Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/warcraft-iii-reforged/user-reviews

People seem pissed

What do you guys think? I was excited for this one, but was going to wait a bit until picking it up.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

Blizzard are arrogant pricks so it's always nice watching them get shat on.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14815 Posts

A 2 is too high. All they changed were the graphics. I understand that on release there can be server issues and stuff. So I decided to play against the AI and they didn't even fix that. Bugs that were there for a decade are still there! What a joke.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

Lol. and here I was thinking they actually tried on this one.

I stand corrected.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeezers

@SOedipus said:

A 2 is too high. All they changed were the graphics. I understand that on release there can be server issues and stuff. So I decided to play against the AI and they didn't even fix that. Bugs that were there for a decade are still there! What a joke.

That is disappointing to hear, i wasn't expecting a complete redo, but you would think they would at least take the opportunity to fix bugs... blizzard has really been going downhill

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jeezers
@uninspiredcup said:

Blizzard are arrogant pricks so it's always nice watching them get shat on.

Blizzard is ran by interdimensional vampire pedophiles... THEY WILL DIE.... NOT US!!!! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7oKQPUyyA0

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46483 Posts

The state of this game actually has me worried for Diablo 4 :/

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jeezers

@R4gn4r0k said:

Diablo 4 was never going to be good tho

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k
@jeezers said:

Blizzard just isn't the same anymore.

AAA game industry in general is becoming more and more about getting people to pay as much as possible for as little work as possible.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pyro1245

@R4gn4r0k said:
@jeezers said:

AAA game industry in general is becoming more and more about getting people to pay as much as possible for as little work as possible.

Diablo 3 - Real Money Auction House

Diablo 4 - ?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jeezers

@R4gn4r0k said:
@jeezers said:

I agree, they used to be one of my favorites. Even with the warcraft 3 reforged.. if you buy it you get a free mount for wow.. want to bring back people with the stupid mounts and items.. lol just these little attempts at getting you to invest more, the cosmetics, wow subscription is a joke at this point. Apparently reforged is a lazy remaster, diablo 3 was a disappointment, OW is a decent game that i enjoy, but its riddled with cosmetic lootbox stuff, OW2 is basically Co-op SP DLC, same game.... Diablo mobile.... If i were to bet money Diablo 4 is going to be a mess, i know the cinematic trailer was cool... but my money is that it ends up being bad. Path of exile and others will do it better most likely.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jeezers

@pyro1245 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@jeezers said:

Diablo 4 - For as little as $60 you can instantly max level your character!!

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pyro1245

@jeezers: ugh so many people would buy that :(

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jeezers

@pyro1245: they are ruining my vidgames :(

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14815 Posts

@jeezers said:
@SOedipus said:

That is disappointing to here, i wasn't expecting a complete redo, but you would think they would atleast take the opportunity to fix bugs... blizzard has really been going downhill

They've been going downhill ever since WoW blew up. All their decisions on "quality" are made by people who wear fancy suits.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#16 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

The Blizzard we knew is no more. Ive given up on them years ago. Have 0 hype for Diablo 4

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44344 Posts

Well that certainly sounds unfortunate but I’m still hype for Diablo 4 and hope that it turns out good. I really enjoyed Diablo 3 on the Xbox One.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 R4gn4r0k
@jeezers said:

I agree, they used to be one of my favorites. Even with the warcraft 3 reforged.. if you buy it you get a free mount for wow.. want to bring back people with the stupid mounts and items.. lol just these little attempts at getting you to invest more, the cosmetics, wow subscription is a joke at this point. Apparently reforged is a lazy remaster, diablo 3 was a disappointment, OW is a decent game that i enjoy, but its riddled with cosmetic lootbox stuff, OW2 is basically Co-op SP DLC, same game.... Diablo mobile.... If i were to bet money Diablo 4 is going to be a mess, i know the cinematic trailer was cool... but my money is that it ends up being bad. Path of exile and others will do it better most likely.

I recently replayed Diablo III though and it was one hell of an experience.

Way better now that all of the day one stuff has been ironed out (no auction house anymore either, so you actually get decent loot). My day one experience was way worse.

But launching Warcraft III: reforged, you just get this feeling how cheap it all looks... Like stepping back in a time machine and playing the original damn game.

It's the opposite of how their Blizzcon announcement looked: everything looked really high quality and it had such high production values.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Its a broken buggy mess of a game blizzard should be ashamed of releasing this in its current state.

WAR3 used to be epic this ones not epic.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Seems like they rushed it. No matter how good or streamlined Blizzard game is, it was never blamed for being rushed, buggy or broken. This is the first time I've seen people talking about such a rough launch from em. Definitely disappointing.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@jeezers said:
@SOedipus said:

That is disappointing to hear, i wasn't expecting a complete redo, but you would think they would at least take the opportunity to fix bugs... blizzard has really been going downhill

Warcraft used to be one of their flagship franchises. I was expecting something close to a complete redo. That's what the game deserves. And it would have been a good basis for a new expansion. A new Warcraft strategy game further down the line.

I hope they get themselves back in shape.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@Cloud_imperium said:

Seems like they rushed it. No matter how good or streamlined Blizzard game is, it was never blamed for being rushed, buggy or broken. This is the first time I've seen people talking about such a rough launch from em. Definitely disappointing.

Yeah blizzard always took the 'when it's done approach' ... even back when nobody else did.

This feels rushed.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Game looks like trash man. It looks outdated to the end. 2020 and they came with a warcraft 3 remake that looks practically the same rofl.

What a joke.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#24 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15949 Posts

Blizzard literally did a skin mod on reign of chaos lol. Heard many problems from original game still persist.

I do hope this means I still able to install the demoncraft mod, loved that mode from way back.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@pyro1245 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@jeezers said:

Diablo 4 - ?

Diablo 4 will probably just send your financial info straight to Beijing.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pyro1245

@PurpleMan5000: Oh I'm sure they already do that - it's just in aggregate as a large database with your ad ID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-60bf765068a74

Anyone who has this game is FFA still a ranked matchup you can do, is there chatrooms an stuff, and is DOTA All stars in this game? Probably won't buy this but just curious if it has some of the things i liked about war3.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#28  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17842 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Diablo 3 had a rough launch too. People couldn't even login to play the game.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-iii/diablo-3s-josh-mosqueria-on-launch-failures-mistakes-and-the-road-to-redemption

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

Maybe they will have a fire sale and in upcoming months it will get patched to be a good game.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3085 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: This is what happens when you sell your freedom for money, and then have to consistently appease shareholders. But what bothers me more is people acting like this is a game to be revered.

In my mind WC3 was a decent game, but was also the first misstep for classic blizzard. It was the first blizzard game that I didn't feel compelled to finish, it's army cap is far too low, and it's disgusting art style influenced WoWs. Then it being the origin of mobas (which dominated a huge swath of the past decade) is something I simply can't forgive. In my eyes, this the pivotal point that they never recovered from.

So here we are again, with people complaining about an untrustworthy company, putting out unfinished crap, and preying on people's love for what once was. Classic Blizzard has been dead for over a decade, and as painful as that is, current Blizzard will never recapture the glory of the past. They need to be left "on the shelf" to rot.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@dimebag667: I agree - W3 was never great. It was "ok" and reflected their shifting priorities

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-60bf765068a74

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/evpbqr/blizzard_reportedly_banning_users_on_warcraft/

blizzard maybe banning people on their forums who try help people refund this game :O

blizzard stop this madness the game was downgraded and is having online issues.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#34 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17842 Posts

@Yams1980 said:

Pretty terrible remake or whatever they want to call it. It apparently doesn't even support 21:9. What the hell is the point in remaking a game if you don't offer improved resolution options that would greatly improve the gameplay.

Ultrawide in any game is amazing, and in an RTS it's even better because of how much more you can see at once on screen.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/evpbqr/blizzard_reportedly_banning_users_on_warcraft/

blizzard maybe banning people on their forums who try help people refund this game :O

blizzard stop this madness the game was downgraded and is having online issues.

visually downgraded LOOOOOOOOOL

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34696 Posts

Sucks to hear Blizzard continues sucking.

Diablo 4 looks like a step in the right direction, but I guess it's very likely they'll **** it up.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KungfuKitten

I don't want to be too down on Blizzard but they used to be, perhaps, my number one developer in the world. And I have sincerely disliked the direction they took with Starcraft and e-sports but they are just differences in taste I guess. But also their game design decisions.

I didn't think Diablo 3 always online with an auction house was a good idea. I didn't like that they ignored good ideas to separate e-sports players from casual players in Overwatch. And to this day I think they screwed up on that. The removal of my paid Hearthstone DLC because it 'expired' was something that I almost took them to court for and we probably should have.

But I could still respect their games to some degree. They still had the Blizzard touch, to some degree. They still had that magical graphical styling and vibe. They still seemed more interested in doing it right than in filling their pockets.

When they announced Warcraft 3 Reforged I figured that was going to be an easy buy. I loved the Warcraft RTS franchise, much more so than their Starcraft franchise. And it used to be the case that I could pre-order any Blizzard game, much like I still pre-order Nintendo games. Because I'd know they'd be excellent. And in my mind there was no way they would shit on this game. Honestly, the things I'm hearing about this now... about the graphics, the bugs, the world building, about the features they planned and didn't put in (so far)... It sounds like they cut the budget. That's not Blizzard. It's not a Battle Royale, it's not a DOTA, it's not a Starcraft 2 so they pulled funds? And the way they act in their online community sections... Making posts disappear?

For me this really marks the total collapse of this company that I used to love. If they don't restart development on this and treat this franchise with some respect, I'll be incredibly disappointed. It'll be the end of it. The advertisements google sends me to buy the original Warcraft 3 box for $60-$70 is just adding insult to injury.

@jeezers said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Dude. Path of Exiles 2 is going to be SO much better than Diablo 4 it's not going to be pretty. I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be twice the game and twice the quality game design for free, at this point.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

@BassMan said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Diablo 3 had a rough launch too. People couldn't even login to play the game.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-iii/diablo-3s-josh-mosqueria-on-launch-failures-mistakes-and-the-road-to-redemption

Aside from servers being down on and off for a while, I never had a big problem. I got it at midnight from Gamestop, installed it, then when I saw the servers were down, took a nap until 4am then got on and played for an unreasonably long time. Diablo 3 happens to be my final PC physical purchase and from their, digital haven was born :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator

I wasn't going to get Warcraft 3 Reforged anyways.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jeezers

@KungfuKitten said:

I don't want to be too down on Blizzard but they used to be, perhaps, my number one developer in the world. And I have sincerely disliked the direction they took with Starcraft and e-sports but they are just differences in taste I guess. But also their game design decisions.

I didn't think Diablo 3 always online with an auction house was a good idea. I didn't like that they ignored good ideas to separate e-sports players from casual players in Overwatch. And to this day I think they screwed up on that. The removal of my paid Hearthstone DLC because it 'expired' was something that I almost took them to court for and we probably should have.

But I could still respect their games to some degree. They still had the Blizzard touch, to some degree. They still had that magical graphical styling and vibe. They still seemed more interested in doing it right than in filling their pockets.

When they announced Warcraft 3 Reforged I figured that was going to be an easy buy. I loved the Warcraft RTS franchise, much more so than their Starcraft franchise. And it used to be the case that I could pre-order any Blizzard game, much like I still pre-order Nintendo games. Because I'd know they'd be excellent. And in my mind there was no way they would shit on this game. Honestly, the things I'm hearing about this now... about the graphics, the bugs, the world building, about the features they planned and didn't put in (so far)... It sounds like they cut the budget. That's not Blizzard. It's not a Battle Royale, it's not a DOTA, it's not a Starcraft 2 so they pulled funds? And the way they act in their online community sections... Making posts disappear?

For me this really marks the total collapse of this company that I used to love. If they don't restart development on this and treat this franchise with some respect, I'll be incredibly disappointed. It'll be the end of it. The advertisements google sends me to buy the original Warcraft 3 box for $60-$70 is just adding insult to injury.

@jeezers said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Dude. Path of Exiles 2 is going to be SO much better than Diablo 4 it's not going to be pretty. I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be twice the game and twice the quality game design for free, at this point.

I agree POE, does it better than diablo in almost every way, i have way more faith in that game than Diablo 4

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Sucks because I was actually looking forward to this. I played it a few days ago and it's terrible. The servers are nearly unplayable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@davillain-: Will you get diablo 4 that game looks good?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaVillain  Moderator

@ProtossRushX said:

@davillain-: Will you get diablo 4 that game looks good?

Screw Blizzard and screw Diablo 4. After seeing what Blizzard is trying to do with Warcraft 3 Reforged, they can take a hike for all I care. Blizzard is now far worse than Bethesda & EA combine.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34696 Posts

You guys could always wait a few years until they've fixed it. Like with Diablo 3.

I mean, D3 still sucks, but it's much better now than on launch.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#45 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

Banning people on forums who are trying to help people who want (and deserve) refunds is really pathetic and a new low.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KungfuKitten
@speedfreak48t5p said:

Banning people on forums who are trying to help people who want (and deserve) refunds is really pathetic and a new low.

That should be illegal. The whole 'it's a private place to conduct speech, with the most public nature ever, so we can dictate what you (are allowed to) say' has gotten out of hand. This is not about keeping order or keeping people safe or making people feel comfortable, it's being used to silence good people saying helpful things. Imo it should all fall under freedom of speech.

I suppose that in this case it isn't making it MUCH harder for people to find their answers. But sometimes that does happen. In this case the bans are simply unreasonable and obstructive and the users of the company should imo hold Blizzard and their community managers/moderators accountable for their failed moderation.

But since they seem to have become a failure in everything, I have little hope that they will bother reading any complaints.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#47 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Shows the bubble they are under as well.

Not that it required showing, phones etc...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k
@KungfuKitten said:

Have they said anything about releasing on Steam?

And will path of exile 2 launch from the same game as the first Path of Exile? As I heard it, it'll kind of be an extension of POE 1, or will it be a full blown sequel?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

HD reskin with neutered features. HD aside, the game looks worse. I know people gave Diablo 3 shit for being too colorful but good Lord, Reforged looks like toontown.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

I have yet to experience any bugs (and, frankly, I am really enjoying this trip down memory lane), but if half of what people are reporting is true, then shame on Blizzard.

Wonder if they had their interns work on this, a sort of passion project on the backburner.

I wish Blizzard would "pull a Bungie" and leave Activision. Then again, the rot might be too far gone for there to be any coming back.

The upcoming WoW expansion is going to be a real test for me; if it's shit then I am done with Blizzard (until Diablo IV haha).