Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 705 Posts

Really great gameplay, innovative environment modification system, people that don't mind graphics or performance are really recommending it.

But runs and looks like shit and is not selling well.

Looks like a game that in the future after fixed by patches or Mods people will be wondering if this could have become a great franchise.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

I haven't seen any endgame stuff (if there's any), but what i did see, seemed like the fashion looked shit (very similar to Nioh and Wo Long, which both have some abysmal ass armor designs) and the combat system is generations behind MH. Creatures design is another thing that MH does a way better job at, especially their tells during attack animations. WH has some good ideas for a hunting style games, but it ain't got shit on MH. I just hope that their next big MH game, which i imagine will be shown later this year, i just hope that they evolve the series into the right direction instead of making it for the simpleton. Capcom is one of the only companies i trust, tho, so it should be good.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 705 Posts

@hardwenzen: i doesn't need to be better at everything than monster Hunter. It needs to be its own thing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

@nirgal said:

@hardwenzen: i doesn't need to be better at everything than monster Hunter. It needs to be its own thing.

Being better doesn't mean that it has to be the same thing. And i personally wouldn't mind it being samey because there is no competition for MH. Even tho i love the team in charge of the MH games, the fact that this series isn't evolving a single bit (social features/online infrastructure as the biggest issue with these games) is bothering me quite a lot.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70008 Posts

@nirgal: I am currently playing and the game has rough edges more specifically in the graphics. Hopefully, they can refine that along with some other quality of life elements. The game looks promising.

Jippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jippo
Member since 2018 • 183 Posts

i like the game but its harder then MHR

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

Definitely not

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

I think this series will break through to mainstream in the 2nd game. Monster hunting is a popular genre now.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

@sakaixx said:

I think this series will break through to mainstream in the 2nd game. Monster hunting is a popular genre now.

Wild Hearts needs a niche, but dedicated fanbase to be considered a cult classic. If it becomes mainstream and appeals to a larger demographic, it cannot attain the cult classic status. It is just too early to tell since the game was just released.