Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 angelsemaj
Member since 2019 • 16 Posts

So I was browsing Youtube for 'research videos' and came upon this:

The ad is awesome and all, but I honestly had no idea who or what WCG is. Apparently its an eSports league that went to sleep 6 years ago and is finally back. Any of you vets know about WCG?

Side note: Warcraft 3 eSports? Are they referring to the remastered one?

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

WCG? Wow, talk about old. I remember watching and actually trying to participate for their Counter Strike stuff back then. Good times, good times.

BTW, it's basically like the olympics of video games, if that makes sense.

angelsemaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 angelsemaj
@jasonofa36 said:

WCG? Wow, talk about old. I remember watching and actually trying to participate for their Counter Strike stuff back then. Good times, good times.

BTW, it's basically like the olympics of video games, if that makes sense.

Wait, when you say Counter Strike, you're actually referring to old school counter strike and not CS:GO right? Jesus that IS old.

Most of the games being featured right now are MOBA-themed games. I wish there was more shooters tho but that's just me.

AryannaLao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AryannaLao
Member since 2019 • 78 Posts

I heard Moon, the Warcraft III legend, is making a comeback in WCG as well. Is Grubby also coming to WCG? If yes, then a Grubby vs Moon dream match is set to happen again! :D

angelsemaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 angelsemaj

@aryannalao said:

I heard Moon, the Warcraft III legend, is making a comeback in WCG as well. Is Grubby also coming to WCG? If yes, then a Grubby vs Moon dream match is set to happen again! :D

Moon vs. Grubby is something to watch out for. Must watch especially if they match up on the remastered Warcraft 3.

Rei_Ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rei_Ka
Member since 2019 • 21 Posts

@angelsemaj: I'm pretty sure they have a shooter game though. If I'm not mistaken its Crossfire. I have the game on my phone, but I haven't played it yet.

angelsemaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 angelsemaj
@rei_ka said:

@angelsemaj: I'm pretty sure they have a shooter game though. If I'm not mistaken its Crossfire. I have the game on my phone, but I haven't played it yet.

No battle royale eSports? Sad. I wish they had one too. :(

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@angelsemaj: Yeah, old-school CS. Like 2003 to 2006-ish I think. It died down due to costs if I'm not mistaken, and viewership wasn't that great by that time. They even had plans to make some MMOs competetive like Ragnarok or Everquest. But since it's mainly an Asian thing, they stuck with RTSes and FPSes for the most part.

angelsemaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 angelsemaj
@jasonofa36 said:

@angelsemaj: Yeah, old-school CS. Like 2003 to 2006-ish I think. It died down due to costs if I'm not mistaken, and viewership wasn't that great by that time. They even had plans to make some MMOs competetive like Ragnarok or Everquest. But since it's mainly an Asian thing, they stuck with RTSes and FPSes for the most part.

That's interesting. I wish they could focus on other game genres as well for this years' WCG.

Too much MOBA dominating the eSports scene. Thanks for the history lesson, that was very insightful! Its nice to learn new stuff. :)