Get a Series S and keep my One X or get a Series X and sell my One X?

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Comic_Capers
Member since 2008 • 1701 Posts

Hi all, it's my birthday coming up in a couple of months and I want to upgrade my Xbox One X from 2019 to a Xbox Series S or X. I'm aware of the major differences between the S and the X in terms of disc drive and power but I would like some advice on what is the best option.

1. Should I keep my Xbox One X for disc-based Xbox One games and just use a Series S for new games (costing roughly £229 here in the UK for the 512GB version or the 1TB version which will be £299.99)?
  2. Do I sell my Xbox One X and get a Series X for £479.99 (I would get roughly £75 at my local CeX for my Xbox One X, bringing the cost down to £405)? I have a Gears 5 edition Xbox One X and really like the aesthetic, so am loathe to sell it at this stage.

Do Xbox One games play better on the Series X? Would I really notice the difference in performance between the Series S and Series X on a 4K LG TV bought for £300 in 2019?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

Simple answer is get the XSX. Especially if you have a 4k TV. I have a series S upstairs, and its great for continuing games I started on the XSX, but it’s no substitute.
Unless you absolutely want to keep your X1X, sell it now before it becomes unsellable.

Yes, you’d notice the difference between XSS and XSX unless your 4k TV is under 40”, and many X1 games play better on the XSX, either upscaled or improved frame rates. Some 360 games get the same treatment..oh, and happy birthday In advance!

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3736 Posts

@Comic_Capers said:

Hi all, it's my birthday coming up in a couple of months and I want to upgrade my Xbox One X from 2019 to a Xbox Series S or X. I'm aware of the major differences between the S and the X in terms of disc drive and power but I would like some advice on what is the best option.

1. Should I keep my Xbox One X for disc-based Xbox One games and just use a Series S for new games (costing roughly £229 here in the UK for the 512GB version or the 1TB version which will be £299.99)?
  2. Do I sell my Xbox One X and get a Series X for £479.99 (I would get roughly £75 at my local CeX for my Xbox One X, bringing the cost down to £405)? I have a Gears 5 edition Xbox One X and really like the aesthetic, so am loathe to sell it at this stage.

Do Xbox One games play better on the Series X? Would I really notice the difference in performance between the Series S and Series X on a 4K LG TV bought for £300 in 2019?

Your TV is going to upscale XSS to 4K, but they technically still won't look as good as the XSX. Honestly, you can't really go wrong with either. If you have a lot of games on disc, go for the XSX

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7293 Posts

I'd say go with the XSX. Makes more sense to have one console that does everything better, than two with missing features.

Unless A, you want to save a little money, or B, you want to have an XBox in multiple rooms.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3421 Posts

Get a XSX, what's the point of having a One X once you have a current gen console.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#6 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6094 Posts

@Comic_Capers: Get an XSX. No hesitation.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7180 Posts

@Comic_Capers said:

get a ps5 lol. j/k I would get a series x.

last gen is going to be dropped.

so future proof with series x.

trade in xbox one x for a elite controller.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 robert_sparkes  Online
Member since 2018 • 7242 Posts

Id get a series X it's worth in the long run. The one X might only have a couple of years left in reality. Games are already skipping it.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#9 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3642 Posts

Get a Series X especially if you have tons of physical games.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6849 Posts

I'm w/ the majority. If the circumstances allow -- get the Series X. Much better chance of support longer term than either the 1X or Series S.

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

I would say keep your Xbox One X as a backup and just get the Series X :).