Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Edit: Folks, 4K update released early today it seems !!! From the official Twitter feed...it's huge by the way, 73 GB...also at the end of the thread, posted a few quotes from the official site, some improvements such as matchmaking are for all Xbox One consoles, not just the X....it's more than just a graphical upgrade for X users...also quick quote regarding the size:

"It's important to note that choosing not to install game components is an “opt out” process. This ensures most players have the needed content for co-op and multiplayer scenarios while giving everyone control over their hard drive usage and which content they want to keep installed. By default, MCC will attempt to install the entire ~70GB package. However, once the game displays “Ready to Play”, you can launch the game and access the Intelligent Delivery settings to customization your installation specifics."

At long Last after months of testing we have a date!! Now it makes sense why not only is it getting the X patch, but other matchmaking improvements as well, it is because they are "relaunching via Gamepass".

Fantastic news for one of the coolest compilations in gaming, I can't wait!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

Awesome, one of my closest friends I went to college with and played the Halo games with has yet to get MCC, he has Game Pass so now we'll be able to play through them all. Only thing I long for is a addition of Halo Reach to the collection, only thing missing, I will take an X Enhanced Halo Reach via BC though if they get around to it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

Been itching to play through the MCC again, but have been waiting for the X patch. Bring it on!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Heck to the yes!!! Just started a play through of CE but will now quit and start again... X1X Enhanced. :D

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Alucard_Prime

@SecretPolice: Cool, I already finished the campaigns co-op back to back, such memorable fun! However this is a timeless classic for me, and lots of achievements left for me to unlock so looking forward to diving back in...and its great it is going into Gamepass too, this will give the online population a boost no doubt should I decide to put in a few online matches as well......it was a shame what happened at launch for this collection, I'm glad it's getting the extra polish now

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice

@Alucard_Prime:

Yeah man, MCC is classic and timeless. I don't care what anyone says, MCC has been a 11/10 for me since day one and now with it X1X enhanced, yikes, 20/10 baby!! :D

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Alucard_Prime

WOW!!!

ITs out now in advance of the Gamepass release!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: Downloaded this morning... Looks amazing!

I love the new "intelligent delivery" feature. I hope MS's future games will include it (ie. Gears 5 - I only want to download the campaign).

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alucard_Prime

@hrt_rulz01: awesome good to know thanks!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alucard_Prime

Sorry for double post, don't want to clutter the OP....just wanted to copy a few quotes about the patch from the official site:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-update

"Today’s update, which will automatically begin downloading the next time you log in to MCC, is the culmination of months of work by the team here at 343 in close partnership with the MCC Insider community. Together, via extensive player feedback and public flighting, we’ve been working to bring these new features and improvements to MCC in time for the game’s official debut on Xbox Game Pass on 9/1/18.

And to our MCC Insiders, who have played, tested and provided feedback over the past weeks and months, THANK YOU! Your passion and participation have been a critical part of the process and this simply wouldn’t be possible without your support.

Whether you’re an existing MCC veteran or a newcomer excited to experience the Master Chief saga for the first time via Xbox Game Pass, the definitive classic Halo experience is now better than ever. If you’ve been following along with us on this journey and are already familiar with this update, skip to the bottom for the official patch notes. For everyone else, read on for a breakdown of what’s new and noteworthy with this latest release.

New Features

This first major update weighs in at a hefty ~73GB and includes a variety of brand new features available to everyone who owns a copy of MCC (or acquires it via Xbox Game Pass). Here are the big-ticket items you’ll experience once it's installed:

Visual Enhancements for Xbox One X

If you own an Xbox One X and a compatible TV you’re in for a real treat – MCC has received visual enhancements to deliver the entire Master Chief saga up to 4K UHD and HDR. And of course, each of the titles in MCC already run at 60FPS delivering what truly is the definitive way to experience the classic Halo collection.

A new HDR and SDR video settings option has been added to the game to provide fine-tuning and calibration options to ensure MCC looks as good as possible across a variety of different hardware setups and personal preferences.

Improved Matchmaking

The Xbox platform and online services have evolved and grown in many ways since MCC was first released in 2014. With this patch, the foundation of MCC is getting modernized and updated to take advantage of the latest and greatest Xbox matchmaking and networking features and functionality. The result for players is an online experience that’s significantly more stable across both Multiplayer and Campaign co-op offerings.

MCC also now utilizes dedicated servers housed in Microsoft global datacenters for all Matchmaking game sessions to provide further stability, reliability, and consistency. Within the game you’ll now see what your average ping time is to each of the data centers. You can view your approximate pings in the main menu under “Options & Career / Settings / Network.”

The MCC community has given lots of feedback over the years that the original voting system that was used to determine the game/map offerings for Matchmaking wasn’t ideal and made it challenging for players to play what they wanted, when they wanted. With this update, most Matchmaking Playlists have been broken up into per-game offerings, ensuring you can enjoy Halo 3 BTB all day long or stick with Halo 4 Team Arena if that’s your preference. MCC also now offers continuous Matchmaking so once a game ends, players will be able to get right back in the action quickly and conveniently.

Offline LAN Support

Well before the advent of Xbox Live, the early days of Halo were defined by late nights of intense multiplayer games in basements, dorms, and living rooms. MCC now works better than ever online but the ability to play classic Halo games with friends on the same local network with minimal latency is something players have been asking for since initial launch. With this update, MCC will now support offline play across a LAN with no internet connectivity needed at all.

….

In order to setup offline LAN play on MCC, a DHCP enabled hub will be required - these hubs allow IP addresses to be assigned to connected consoles. Alternatively, you can also manually configure the IP addresses for each Xbox via the System Settings for each console on the network. Either way, each Xbox needs to have a unique identity with a network configuration that allows it to route packets.

Intelligent Delivery

“Intelligent Delivery” is a new feature that allows the individual facets of the overall MCC package to be selectively installed by players. MCC is a large game, jam packed with content (and it could even grow more in the future), so this really is a great quality of life improvement to give players more control over the experience and their console’s storage.

If you don’t care to play the Halo 2 campaign or Halo 4 multiplayer, you don’t have to install those components. Another nice bonus of Intelligent Delivery is that it will also allow players to install languages other than what their console is natively set to.

It's important to note that choosing not to install game components is an “opt out” process. This ensures most players have the needed content for co-op and multiplayer scenarios while giving everyone control over their hard drive usage and which content they want to keep installed. By default, MCC will attempt to install the entire ~70GB package. However, once the game displays “Ready to Play”, you can launch the game and access the Intelligent Delivery settings to customization your installation specifics.

Game Options

MCC Intelligent Delivery offers the following game installation options:

• Halo: Combat Evolved – Campaign + Multiplayer
  • Halo 2: Campaign + Multiplayer (includes Halo 2: Anniversary MP (w/ Forge) & Halo 2 Classic MP)
  • Halo 3: Campaign + Multiplayer (includes Forge)
  • Halo 4: Campaign + Multiplayer (includes Spartan Ops + Forge)

You’ll find Intelligent Delivery configuration in the main menu via the “Options & Career” page under “Settings.”

….

Faster Load Times

Over the course of working on this update, the team has been able to achieve significant optimizations across the entire title which results in greatly reduced loading times for all of the content in MCC. Regardless of which flavor of Xbox One you’re playing on, everyone will experience quicker load times on every aspect of MCC - but it’ll be extra noticeable with Halo 2 Anniversary in particular.

Updated Menus & UI Elements

From the moment you launch MCC you’ll notice a brand-new splash screen and updated layouts and UI components throughout the game. From a new horizontal layout to new settings options to a more prominent Message of the Day, MCC got a fresh coat of paint and is both better looking and more functional.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice

Yup, saw that MCC was DL'ing last night but was only about 70% complete so I'm stoked to fire it up later today. Great stuff. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#12 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Guess I'll have to play Halo again.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

im so happy that its xbox one x enhanced gunna have to pick this up

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#14 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

Been playing a little here and there. Still so fun and even more beautiful.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

Picked this up again for £15 a bargain when you look at the prices on Amazon. Let's see if it's improved with the updates. Love this series.