Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I don’t know what all the fuss is about. The game is stupid fun, runs smooth and bug free, and stuff blows up and the audio is perfect. There’s hardly a story (which I like), the environment is vast and gorgeous (especially at night), and the narrator is entertaining. Online is a blast and you just have to stand back once in a while and gaze at the buildings crumbling. Orb collecting gets addictive.

My gripes are that the driving takes a bit getting used to (coming off Forza Horizon doesn’t help), multiplayer could use more modes (like CTF), and missions can get repetitive (but that’s the norm in open world games I suppose).

Solid 8/10. Mindless fun and stuff goes boom. It’s what Crackdown has always been!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

I can't believe the bashing of the graphics it baffles me.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

If you enjoy it, that's great. As it turns out, I've been enjoying it too. It's great, especially on the Xbox One X, although i've been mostly playing it on PC @ 1440P & 60 FPS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

It baffles me when people love platforming up shit, love running around GTA style cities, and like collect-a-thons, but they don't like it in Crackdown. Like when 3D Mario lovers hate all over 3D platformers. Just like a ton of Sony fans love Spider-Man, but a ton of them hate Sunset Overdrive. That's like loving Dark Souls and hating Bloodborne, it makes no sense.

If you look at fundamentals, Crackdown 3 is basically BotW and Mario Odyssey combined. I mean you can literally go straight to Hyrule Castle or go right up the main tower in CD3, instead of 4 Beasts to make that hyrule castle easier, you got crime bosses you beat to make the main tower easier. Both BotW and CD3 are that open ended open world do as you please. Instead of 1000 moons, its a 1000 orbs scattered everywhere, both cases, you're climbing all over the damn place to find them.

It's just funny that the reasons people loved BotW and even Mario, are things in Crackdown, but its 2 years later so its outdated mechanics.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@saltslasher: Intersting analogy. After playing both I guess I like Crackdown better? I found BotW’s combat unenjoyable as weapon breaking too fast wasn’t fun and there’s long stretches in the game with nothing to do while in Crackdown it’s a constant barrage of enemies.

Similar, but vastly different? Interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I really hate the multiplayer. But the campaign is good. I guess we all have our tastes but for anyone that enjoys 3D platformers this game more than delivers. Is the game flawed? Yes. But truth is when I'm playing it it just feels good. For some reason people decided this was a open world shooter but I think it makes much more sense to review it as a sandbox 3D platformer than for something it never tried to be. Movement is the priority not the shooting. Even when you're shooting your main focus is your positioning on the environment not your shooting accuracy. And the world is just a playground where you can use your powers. Much like with Mario's New Donk City it doesn't try to be a recreation of a real city and it's citizens. It's just a sandbox. Now, it doesn't have the creativity of Odyssey but no one is clamming this is a 10/10 game. I would probably score it a 7/10, without the online but the online is so terrible that I can agree with a 5/10 if I was to judge them as one.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Yeah I'm having a great time with it too, mostly playing solo campaign, I intend to play it coop later on too. It's like an open world shoot em up, if that makes sense...retro game design, fast responsive gameplay, and everything is accessible from the start & very few gated areas which gives you a sense of freedom. It's a very visual game too which I like, I'm spending a lot of time looking around the map trying to find hidden orbs and such, I rarely spend time in menus when I play this game. To me it looks stunning on the X, the way the game looks is part of the appeal for me since I spend a lot of time looking around for orbs. I like the soundtrack too.

I wasn't really looking for a normal open world game, I find them a big time commitment and I choose those games carefully because then I might just end up with another unfinished open world game in my backlog. It's not for everyone and it depends what you are looking for in your open world title, and in that sense since it is going against common expectations then I think it is good that it's on Gamepass, so people on the fence can play it easily & judge for themselves and I'm seeing a ton of positive reactions which is great.

The multiplayer is a mixed bag for me, didn't really dig my first few matches but yesterday I had fun playing and I was doing better, it's just utter mayhem & I think when party mode comes out people will enjoy it more for what it is. Anyways I think the release of this game for me was interesting overall from many perspectives, I'm glad I kept an open mind and decided to get it, initially I did not want to even play it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

GOTY!!! :D

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I like to sue game reviewers for false claims. lol

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@Sevenizz: You'll be hearing from my solicitor.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#11 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

To be honest,I thought Crackdown 3 was one of the worst exclusives I tried on the Xbox One.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I just finished it and enjoyed it but its rather short.

I haven't played the MP and probably won't.

Now excuse me why I go find the last of the orbs in Pantheon :)

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

It was very repetitive but I found it fun for what it was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

@brimmul777: Maybe cause I played solo and still don't know all the fundamentals, but I think State of Decay 2 is rough/worst. On paper SoD2 is way better, but that game could use twice as much stuff and then it'd be worthy of this era's service games, cause its exactly what people want, but sort of failed.

I love building bases in games, but none of them ever say you can't build a 2nd one until you destroy the first one, that is lame. Had they allowed you to make outposts and build upon them, that'd be neat.

After I made huge journey, and some dudes murdered my partner, and realized to move to the sweet place I found, I'd have to give up what I have, I lost interest.