It's about time Phil Spencer got fired....

Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts

What has the Xbox had this generation? A Laggy mess of an OS with a layout that makes no sense and no exclusives worth a damn.... that is the Xbox One Legacy. Maybe it's because I'm in Europe? But no one owns an Xbox here, and for good reason, because unless you care about Forza... what do they have? Really Gears 4 was boring and Halo 5 was pure crap. That is all you can point to, what have they been doing? Personally I hate Forza, they continue to ignore the big problems they have with the online structure, and the horizon series is so long in the tooth now, yawn, do something new! If I'm going to play an online Sim, I'll play iRacing as it's much better.

Microsoft need exclusives, Sony have constantly innovated this generation, Nintendo are doing what Nintendo do... but I have to say Zelda BoTW changed open world games forever for me.... but Microsoft? Nothing.....

Time for Phil Spencer to go, time for the Microsoft CEO to go, bring back a man with vision, like Steve Balmer! I mean even the Kinect 360 days were better... at least they were doing something new! We all might have laughed at it, but it was fun, and people bought it!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Wrong forum?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

whut ?

fanboy wars is thata way ------->

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Jealousy is a strange and unusual beast.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

You're an idiot. Do you not understand where Xbox was when Spencer took over? A complete mess. Xbox has an exciting future, thanks to Spencer, who is an actual gamer.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

We should really make a dedicated "phil spencer did everything wrong" thread.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9831 Posts

Sony have innovated this generation by how exactly? Charging players to play bc games, even if they already own them? Non refunds of digital games, even if not downloaded? Censoring imagery in games? Before the poorly received Days Gone, it had been something like 233 days since Spiderman ....if that's what you want for xbox, buy a ps4.

Avatar image for SexPantherPanda
SexPantherPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SexPantherPanda
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts

It’s time we gave him a raise

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@SexPantherPanda said:

It’s time we gave him a raise

Definitely not.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

Phil has managed through a tough time and continued to make the brand profitable. Gamepass has been revolutionary and has continued to make progress. But ultimately it comes down to games and he needs the new acquisitions to start producing.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@sealionact: Wow I can actually taste the salt in your post.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9831 Posts

@vfighter: Yeah, when I dont have a counter argument, I use the tired old "salty" comment as well. Saves me actually saying anything useful....

Redskins4045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#14  Edited By Redskins4045
Member since 2015 • 108 Posts

Phil Spencer has literally brought Xbox back from almost being extinct to a power house once again. He bought like 8 studios(forget real number) it takes time to make games. Look at Sony’s games. They’re essentially movies. One and done. Xbox takes chances which I admire. They don’t always pan out but Phil Spencer is the man in the gaming industry. He wants cross platform for all pvp games sim to PC but Sony says hell no, you can’t play with ur buddies on other consoles. On the real if Xbox didn’t have Phil there wouldn’t be no Xbox anymore. He brought the Xbox One x to consumers bc the last guy in charge failed with the OG Xbox One, game pass which is the great for budget friendly families and that’s just naming a few. He’s done ATON since being CEO and you would be a complete moron to think other wise. The Xbox 1X is by far thee best console on the market for all games.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#15 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@Shantmaster_K said:

You're an idiot. Do you not understand where Xbox was when Spencer took over? A complete mess. Xbox has an exciting future, thanks to Spencer, who is an actual gamer.

It's going to have to make a huge push for exclusive content, coming next generation. The conference bit about the hardware running ''Crazy new resolutions'' at 120 FPS is a clear sign the Xbox team does not understand what it needs to focus on this time around.

If they keep at it, they may as well just label the next console the X-Gear-Halo-Forza-Box and be done with it.

People that care about specs buy PCs, not consoles.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9411 Posts

I agree with you about the laggy mess of an OS.

....but Xbox def does not need any exclusives. You're living in the past.

I quite like the direction Xbox is heading.

artillery77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 artillery77
Member since 2016 • 68 Posts

The OS is fine for those of us with a brain. If you keep your harddrive capacity below 65% used it will lag almost 0.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@artillery77 said:

The OS is fine for those of us with a brain. If you keep your harddrive capacity below 65% used it will lag almost 0.

So if you use just over half the HDD it lags, that shouldn't be the case lol. especially since some games are over 60gb.

Redskins4045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#19  Edited By Redskins4045
Member since 2015 • 108 Posts

@artillery77: Has zero to do with HD space. The OS runs on the consoles memory. It can be laggy. The prob is when it’s working perfect Xbox drops another update to fix issues pep are having and sometimes it effects the other half that didn’t have a issue. I do like the setup. Look at PlayStation, their’s has basically stayed the same since the console launched and is stupidly simplified. Sometimes less is more. Can’t hate on that.