Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Nice to see this game continue to get more content considering the criticisms at launch. Haven't had the chance to play since the 2nd update I think, and this new stuff sounds pretty cool, definitely going to try it out soon...details below

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/11/28/sea_of_thieves_shrouded_spoils/

The nights might be drawing in, but the future is looking bright for pirates as Sea of Thieves’ fourth free major content update, Shrouded Spoils, is available to players starting today, Wednesday, November 28.

A treasure trove of new content, Shrouded Spoils responds to feedback from the Sea of Thieves community and features new content and improvements to give a deeper and richer experience. From offering new twists on favourite encounters to giving new riches and spoils to uncover, Shrouded Spoils has something for everyone including:

•The addition of fog that can appear suddenly and cloak all manner of dangers at sea and on land.

•New Merchant Alliance items to find including the explosive Mega-keg, Crate of Ancient Bone Dust and Mermaid Statue Gems.

•More skeleton forts to take on as six new forts become active making nine in total.

•Improved skeleton ships including the addition of a new skeleton sloop, a new ‘Battle of the Devil’s Roar’ skeleton ship skirmish and the addition of roaming skeleton ships who display varying levels of aggression.

•New ways to express yourself including all-new ship customisations – cannons, wheels and capstans – and the time-limited ‘Wailing Barnacle’ ship and cosmetic set.

•A range of new Pirate Legend Commendations for Athena Levels 1-10.

•More frequent appearances from the Kraken (who’s also learned some new tricks), a range of new Megalodon variants to find and rewards and commendations for defeating these monsters.

The Shrouded Spoils update is available for free to all Sea of Thieves players who have bought the game across the Xbox One family of devices or on Windows 10 PC, or who have access to it as part of Xbox Game Pass. Simply download and install the latest Sea of Thieves update to get access.

We hope our community enjoys this update and we look forward to seeing you on the seas!

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#2 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I haven't really played this at all since launch, but i'm curious to try it again with the stuff they have added since then. Skeleton ships in particular seem like they could make the experience a lot more interesting.

just need to get the old crew back together...

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

I forgot about this game. Gonna have to give it another run this weekend.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Such a fun and relaxing game. I’ll definitely check it out!

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HEATHEN75

@tromppootin said:

God BLESS the USA

May Thor bless Uranus.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

@joshrmeyer

@heathen75

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HEATHEN75

@crimsonbrute: I miss Leslie Nielsen. Such a great deadpan actor.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HEATHEN75

I jumped on with a buddy for about 3 hours Saturday night. We had a great time. We got sunk by a megaladon. We defeated a kraken. We had a 20 minute rolling battle with skeleton galleon that ended up sinking them and us. Was quite a moment when the skeleton ship busted through the surface of the water like Davey Jones ship from Pirates of the Caribbean. Spent most of the three hours laughing at the craziness or yelling from the surprises. They've added some good stuff to this game. Will definitely be playing more from here on out.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@heathen75: Nice, looking forward to playing it more soon, so much on my plate. Today another big update for Forza7 lands, hopefully after I'm done playing around with that

Simba77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 Simba77
Member since 2018 • 18 Posts

Might have to check this out.