xFezzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xFezzik
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

Alright so I've had my xbox for a good 5 years or so. A few months ago, it started shutting off after 20 minutes due to overheating. I bought another brick, it worked for a few days and that one started overheating. I tried fans, took it off the carpet, and eventually I plugged it into the wall. That worked for a while, then it started again. I moved it to another outlet, worked for a day, then overheated again. I've tried taking them apart and cleaning the dust out, I don't know what to do,

I just tried again, so far only the sides are hot. It tends to overheat when half the top gets hot.

It's suspended in the air with 2 books,

I really want to play skyrim, sims, and all my other games. I have an xbox one but I don't like it. I refuse to move on.

Is it maybe the xbox itself causing the bricks to overheat? I mean it IS pretty old... I need help. She's dying, my family says I should just pull the plug but I can't. We had a good 5 years. I love her to death.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

Well I can understand the love of your Xbox 360 and all but, are you using an older model 360 or the Slim models? I think it's just best to replace the Xbox 360 power supply, there cheap nowadays.

Beat128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Beat128
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts

i think need buy a newer 360 model at gamestop then buying a brick since it keep over heating

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Trade it in to GS, when they try it for a minute and see it works they'll take it and get a X1S in it's place since there's a ton of BC titles, Skyrim included plus all the extra perks from having X1S as well. :P

EDIT: I also just spotted this, heck, at that price don't even bother with trade in, just get an X1S and you're good to go....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/200-xbox-one-s-bundle-available-again/1100-6448067/

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

Ours did the same thing, but after finding a tip online, we discovered there was a big clump of dust on our fan inside it. Taking it out seemed to have helped though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

My 360 got RRoD for the 3rd time so just let it die. I mean they were not built to last.

Honestly I don't know if I would even bother investing in 360 when Xbox One has BC. Had I had no One, I would have tried to salvage my 360, again-again.

But all my 360 games are BC, or they are offered on EA Access, or I got them on PS3/Steam.

Jomama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Jomama
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

Y'all ever consider changing the thermal paste under the heat sink every once in a while?😂