Dave462a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dave462a
Member since 2015 • 142 Posts

Hi I was hoping someone could give me some advice at the moment I own the Xbox one orginal and been thinking of upgrading to the S or the X but I can't decide between them is there any difference between the old Xbox one and the S in the way games run and is it worth it Is the Xbox X worth the money can you see the difference or is it just clever marketing any help of people who have upgraded or own the S or X would be very helpful

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

@dave462a: It really comes down to if you have a 4k TV or one that supports HDR. If not the S and Original One run games the same. The S supports HDR but not 4k.

The X supports 4k native and does HDR if you have it.

I have a 4k tv and traded up to the X early November and absolutely love it! It is such a great piece of Tech.

The way I look at it is even if the new consoles come out in 2020 I will still probably get around $250 for the X at trade in, maybe $100 if your lucky with the S.

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

If you have a 1080p tv then no need to buy xbox one s or x.

Just keep the original xbox one for 2 more years (they might release a next gen console in 2 years).

If you have a 4k hdr tv and find one s at 200$ or less then its a nice upgrade hdr looks nice but my honest opinion is better wait few years and then upgrade next gen.

If you can find xbox one x at 350 price (like I found last month and bought it) then Id say go for it. My reason to upgrade was gears of war 5 at 60fps hordes but still the wiser decision of them all is to keep your vanilla xbox one and only upgrade when they release next gen (in 2 years from now).

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Yeah it all comes down to what tv you own, if you own a 4k telly then you can't go pass the X.

The X cleans up games over the XB1 & S, for instance Just Cause 3 has lots of frame drops on the XB1 & S but on the X it runs at a constant 30fps with no slow down.

Secondly I played F1 2018 on the XB1 and the game had lots of screen tearing, but after playing it on the X I only found 1 corner on one track where there was a little tearing.

Thirdly MS upgrades its first party games to take advantage of the X, Forza Horizon 3 is a good example where a 4k update was released and the game looks that much cleaner.

so yes the X is worth the money but only IF you own a 4K with HDR.

XboxGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By XboxGates
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

X version have better performance

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

I don't think you need HDR on your TV if it is 4k. It is still a huge upgrade, and will blow your mind. HDR is just icing on the cake. The only thing the S adds is HDR and a 4k Blue Ray player. X has that plus native 4k output.

Let us know OP what you ended up with.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

I wouldn't buy any upgrades for any system right now. 2019 may be the last year of this generation for both Sony and MS. I'd wait til next year and see what the new consoles are going to be before spending money that could have been used for a much better system.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#8  Edited By Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

X makes a noticeable difference even if you don't have a 4K TV, so that's my recommendation.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#9 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts

I got my first xbox a month ago just for the Halo series. It's the S 1TB. I got it for £220 with Forza Horizon included

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

X has better performance I would upgrade but only if you can afford to at this point in the generation. The upgrades really make a difference a 4K tv really is needed though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#11 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

X is the best console on the market while the base model is arguably the worst. But as you own the original console and this gen is almost gone... it depends how long are you planning to stay on this gen and how much money you have.

incred_davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 incred_davis
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts

@dave462a: I just went with the S, I think its a definite upgrade from the base model which I sold. I didnt have the extra money for the X and since I already had a pro and switch and was just looking for that 1tb hard drive upgrade it was worth it to me. forza horizon looks way better on my 4k than my old one did...but if you dont have the 4k option the S still runs smoohter, is faster, and has more storage. if you are feeling the itch to upgrade and are looking forward to a few of the games coming out then yes get one. if your not really interested in whats coming in this next year then I say just wait

Topdownside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Topdownside
Member since 2018 • 13 Posts

To beat a dead horse...

If you have a 1080p TV get a Regular console,

If you have a 4k TV get an X

iceblowninvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iceblowninvest
Member since 2019 • 5 Posts

I want to know that Xbox One S can play games in HDR quality but not 4k quality? But Xbox One X can play 4K games on a 4k TV?

I have a 4k TV purchased few months back and looking for a gaming console to purchase in addition to PC gaming I do.

wolfpup7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wolfpup7
Member since 2004 • 1937 Posts

@dave462a: The S is just a die shrunk version of the original. It does actually ad hdr support and the GPU is clocked like 10% faster, but it’s basically identical.

The X is more than like 6x more powerful. It’s a bigger jump than we’ve seen between some console generations.

If you’re explicitly trying to upgrade, X is what you want.

Even has some Xbox 1 and 360 games that get enhanced on it, to say nothing of One games.

Also, the X DOES enhance stuff on a 1080p tv, even 720p, just not as huge of a benefit.

Dave462a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dave462a
Member since 2015 • 142 Posts

Thank you for everyone help I managed to find the X on sale at a good price and did get it it is a very good console I love how the 360 games look on it as well as the Xbox one games

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@dave462a said:

Thank you for everyone help I managed to find the X on sale at a good price and did get it it is a very good console I love how the 360 games look on it as well as the Xbox one games

No probs and welcome to the X family lol

Avatar image for solidcrusader89
SolidCrusader89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidCrusader89
Member since 2019 • 4 Posts

@dave462a: Definitely X as it can able to play most third party and exclusives games in true 4k (only if you are into 4k) and has faster processing unit and better GPU. Just my personal opinion. Though it is expensive but worth going for one time.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Good choice. OG to S would have been a minimal upgrade, especially if you don't have a newer TV, I'd expect some hefty performance upgrades even for people with HDTVs (cleaner image, smoother framerates, better texture filtering etc.)

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

i purhase xbox one x used yesterday with 300 euro i am happy now fantastic console

nefariouscheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nefariouscheat
Member since 2019 • 13 Posts

The X, better FPS @ 1080p and better graphics. Best points I guess