Xbox Series X......Backward Compatibility with XBOX and XBOX360 games...??

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

I have many xbox 1 and xbox 360 disc games and i need to know if the Xbox Series X can play them and the xbox one games with improvements.It is very good to be able to play them on one console......

Sergio_Pires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Sergio_Pires
Member since 2022 • 39 Posts

I'll let you know once I get a Series X.

Sergio_Pires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Sergio_Pires
Member since 2022 • 39 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

I have many xbox 1 and xbox 360 disc games and i need to know if the Xbox Series X can play them and the xbox one games with improvements.It is very good to be able to play them on one console......

I got my Series X a few weeks ago and it does play 360 games both with bumped up resolutions as well as quicker load times. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/backward-compatibility?cat=xbox360

There is also a link on there for original Xbox games. You only need to search it for Xbox 360 and Original games.

No need to search on there for your Xbox One games as they'll all work with the exception of Kinect Xbox One games. Kinect games don't work because the Xbox Series X|S doesn't support the Kinect hardware.

Series X will play Xbox One games with better performance. If an Xbox One game had a poor frame rate, it won't when run on the Series X|S.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4401 Posts

Got the kids a Series X and they enjoy it.

My younger brother had a 360 and 4-5 dozen games for it (his 360 got the RROD, even after warranty fixes - yep, was fixed twice under warranty after the third RROD he just pitched the console, but he kept the games). Out of those games that I thought might be fun to play (maybe 10-12 of them) only a couple worked. The one that I really wanted to play was The Simpsons Game, but that one won't work on the Series X.

I'm guessing for The Simpsons, is that Disney wanted a shit ton of money to allow the game to be compatible with the new Xbox.....and that probably falls into the reason why there are so many games that are not compatible. Sure, MS paid a license fee to Disney (probably was Fox at the time) to use The Simpsons in a game on their console, but I'm guessing Disney is being a little bitch about allowing the license to carry over to a new system.