Where to send for repair?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Hi. My Xbox 1 is on its way out as when I insert a game I get the cog grinding noise but doesn't happen every time but more often then not. Its fine on normal DVD when you watch movies etc but it also happens on Bluray movies. I have looked but it says send it back to shop where you got it from but was just wondering if any one else had this problem and have you sent it back to MS?. But when it happens the Xbox 1 sounds like its going to brake and churn up my disc lol. Thanks for any help.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Honestly, in my opinion you have a 1 year factory warranty so what's the rush? Sounds like to me the Xbox One is still functioning properly and doing as you ask except for the noise. I'd say wait it through and see what happens, just monitor it. You could always ring up Microsoft and see what they have to say about it, but as long as it still reads discs you're good.

My Xbox One has experienced glitches and error codes too, like once when I tried to eject the disc nothing would come out and one time the disc came out halfway, got stuck and went back inside the Xbox. This has only happened twice and got me worried, but since then it's been working fine. Might just be a glitch you're experiencing and for all you know the grinding noise may stop overtime too.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

call 1-800-4MY-Xbox if you are in North America

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By skipper847

Thanks but I live in the UK. Its doing it on both games and BluRay films now but normal DVD are fine for some reason. Will have to wait till after bank holiday now. Hope I can get it replaced as I only had it about 2 month :(.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

As long as you have kept your receipt and bought it from a reputable store then you should have no issues swapping it. All UK retailers have to provide a 12 month guarantee by law, some will swap out there and then and some will send it to the manufacturer to repair (most big stores like Game, Asda, Tesco, etc) will swap there and then as long as you have evidence you bought it from them.

I hope this helps and good luck.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By skipper847

@Garfield360UK said:

As long as you have kept your receipt and bought it from a reputable store then you should have no issues swapping it. All UK retailers have to provide a 12 month guarantee by law, some will swap out there and then and some will send it to the manufacturer to repair (most big stores like Game, Asda, Tesco, etc) will swap there and then as long as you have evidence you bought it from them.

I hope this helps and good luck.

I was wondering that and will try GAME as I got it from my local store so shouldn't be too much of a trouble. Sending it to MS is my last resort but will try after the bank hols as it be bit less quieter. No forza for a couple of weeks now :(.