Chat in Political Gamers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Hi, I am involved in a discussion in political gamers but an admin @Stevo_the_gamer is also involved.

I do not want to engage an admin in discussion as that will lead to a ban, I have made this clear but said admin keeps interjecting into the thread in an admin capacity, limiting discussion with the threat of a ban hanging in the air.

Should admin be involved in these kinds of discussions? And if yes can they ban people who disagree with them?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Sevenizz: Ask the Mods is for users to ask the moderator team questions. Users are not permitted to jump into other people's conversations here. Do not answer threads in this forum again or it will result in a strike.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@tenaka2 said:

Hi, I am involved in a discussion in political gamers but an admin @Stevo_the_gamer is also involved.

I do not want to engage an admin in discussion as that will lead to a ban, I have made this clear but said admin keeps interjecting into the thread in an admin capacity, limiting discussion with the threat of a ban hanging in the air.

Should admin be involved in these kinds of discussions? And if yes can they ban people who disagree with them?

Hello tenaka2,

The moderators of the forum are fellow community members who also volunteer time to help moderate. Moderators may participate in conversations like any other user. Disagreeing with a moderator will not result in moderation, unless that disagreement involves breaking the rules of our CoC:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/ask-the-mods-909361134/gamespot-community-code-of-conduct-31702042/#0

If you feel like you have been moderated unfairly for any reason, you can escalate the issue to our community manager @leek.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tenaka2

@Byshop said:
@tenaka2 said:

Hello tenaka2,

The moderators of the forum are fellow community members who also volunteer time to help moderate. Moderators may participate in conversations like any other user. Disagreeing with a moderator will not result in moderation, unless that disagreement involves breaking the rules of our CoC:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/ask-the-mods-909361134/gamespot-community-code-of-conduct-31702042/#0

If you feel like you have been moderated unfairly for any reason, you can escalate the issue to our community manager @leek.

Thank you for the response, I have not been moderated unfairly as yet, but I am thankful for this avenue.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#18 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

As Byshop already advised, moderators routinely participate in discussions on the forums and facilitate in providing a civil atmosphere for other members to participate in. Just keep in mind the importance of following the Golden rule. You can disagree without being disagreeable, failure to recognize that will likely result in moderation.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tenaka2

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

As Byshop already advised, moderators routinely participate in discussions on the forums and facilitate in providing a civil atmosphere for other members to participate in. Just keep in mind the importance of following the Golden rule. You can disagree without being disagreeable, failure to recognize that will likely result in moderation.

Hi, Byshop was already quite clear, but thank you for repeating it again, unnecessary as that was.

Can I ask if the same rules apply to moderators, regarding 'You can disagree without being disagreeable, failure to recognise that will likely result in moderation.'

Does this apply to everyone including moderators?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#20 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

@tenaka2 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Hi, Byshop was already quite clear, but thank you for repeating it again, unnecessary as that was.

Can I ask if the same rules apply to moderators, regarding 'You can disagree without being disagreeable, failure to recognise that will likely result in moderation.'

Does this apply to everyone including moderators?

There is a very informative stickied thread within Ask the Mods that addresses that specific question. Again, if you have any issues, please reach out to the Customer Service here.