I notice someone is on this forum managing the site.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Can we talk to that admin or are we going to further get ignored?

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

What's the question?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blabadon

@DigitalDame said:

What's the question?

Like everything here:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/bug-reporting-feedback-1000006/

Here's a question, why are some of the most basic glitches not fixed over a year later on this site? Why are we constantly being ignored as a community.

JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#4 JP_
Member since 2007 • 12875 Posts

@Blabadon: Hi there Blabadon,

Can you please provide a small list of Major Bugs and Minor Bugs so that we can start to short them out. I know we have said that we are notifying the developers of the site and we really are its not always easy as there could be a backlog and we would love to have a list to go off of from this point on :)

JP

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5345 Posts

Hi @Blabadon,

The moderation team does not design the features of the site, we are only volunteers. While we report bugs and give feedback just like users such as yourself, we do not have control over fixes or feature, we only use the tools provided to us by the staff. Every once in a while we may get a heads up on a new feature or fix, but we are generally not allowed to disclose the information for various reasons: sometimes we are informed to obtain specific feedback before the launch of a feature, even to get feedback if a feature is a good or bad idea; often before launch, these features change drastically, and are sometimes even cancelled.

This is why staff members are the best ones to make comments on bugs and fixes, and why the Important things to know about ask the mods sticky on this forum states:

7) This is NOT the Site Enhancements / Feedback board. If you would like to contribute to that discussion please go to this board.

Mods want the site to work because we are users, too. So please keep posting in the Bug Reporting & Feedback forum. As @jp_ stated, it would be great to have a list to go on at this point! And I agree, it would be nice to hear some more updates about fixes from the staff :)

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blabadon

Please don't tell me to post on the Bug Reporting and Feedback forum when you and I both know what bullshit that is. We're all adults here. Let's be honest, even in our most polite way of saying it, mods and admins alike have ditched that forum.

You're not coders on the site. I get it. You guys do have influence and the admins respond to you guys first. If you want the dwindling community to be happier than it is, find some way to prove that the Bug Reporting and Feedback forum is actually legitimate. Until then, seeing as you folks are here, I'll ask questions relating to the site (again, not coding it) here.

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5345 Posts

@Blabadon And we have expressed our desire for bugs to be fixed as well, and have done so in the Bug Reporting & Feedback forum. If you feel the Bug Reporting & Feedback forum is not worth posting in, that is your call, but I'm giving you a straight answer: mods have no control over the bugs and fixes, and we DO voice our concerns, and you can ask us all you want when things are going to be fixed, but it really isn't for us to answer and all we would be doing is either guessing or going off of non-concrete information that can change at any moment without our knowledge.

I personally do not see the point in making guesses about what's being fixed/what isn't/what's in the works, but do think it's a good idea for maybe more of us mods to go through that forum more frequently. I usually do take a look once in a while, but usually the information requested is beyond my knowledge. I will personally make more of an effort to visit that forum from now on, though.

The reasons listed above are why the staff have requested in the sticky thread to keep bugs and site feedback to the appropriate forum, however, because this is not the place for that discussion. Perhaps a community manager or some other mods can chime in as well since these are my thoughts and others may feel differently.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@Blabadon: Have you seen my thread? Lots of good ideas there and DigitalDame and Lark check that thread regularly.