Are you or have you ever had, a stalker?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

In high school I made too many phone calls to one young lady in particular.

How about you?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59119 Posts

Not important or interesting enough for such a thing.
Which is good, simple life is good life.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts

My sister did, the then girlfriend of her ex-boyfriend stalked her for years. It only ended when she started stalking someone else instead. Police and courts don't do shit when it comes to stalkers too.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7326 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Hehe, same.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56258 Posts

Had a woman stalking me when I was a regular nursing assistance. Mainly just did my duty, than the next day, I get a phone call saying this is my GF? WTH is this? Glad I had good co-workers helping me out. Lesson learn, cover your first & last name and just use your abbreviation letters (Was in my early 20s)

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 696 Posts

No, but I consider myself just as pretty as all the people that have been stalked.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4240 Posts

@nirgal: you seem to have a good attitude 👍

On topic, no, people avoid me like the plague. And I don’t say that out of spite or anger. I’m better off for it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34693 Posts

I haven't stalked or been stalked to my knowledge. Had a little fanclub of girls in school who followed me around though, lol. I had no issues with that.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1125 Posts

Two people stalked me, one was really f'd up and can't talk about it, but it's over now, fortunately in one way and unfortunately in another. Another one was a girl, it wasn't very unsettling or disturbing, but extra and I did not need that happening.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3658 Posts

In my 20's a girl who I knew in my teens would consistently say hi to me at my church and just show up wherever I was at. It was annoying and I eventually stopped going to church cause of the girl. She was cute though but seemed like she wanted attention from guys.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8438 Posts

I had a stalker once, for about a year.

Part 1: The hitchhiker

I got off work late one night, in my late teens or early 20's when I was still working in retail.

I was in a weird, aloof mood that night, and when I got to my car in a mostly empty lot at that hour, I just sat there for a bit zoning out looking at my phone.

That's when a large man with a backpack and a black hoodie (about 5 times larger my size) startled me by knocking at my window and waving cash in my view, asking for a ride. In my funky state of mind I was like "sure, whatever" and gestured him to the passenger side.

It was at that moment as I watched him going around my hood when it dawned to me that I was letting a sketchy person into my car. At that point though, I realized I fucked up and it was too late to refuse him.

I asked him where he needed to go, and he said he needed to get to the train station across town. When he looked at the time on my dashboard he exclaimed "ahh shit! Is that the time? The Last train already left, you are gonna have to take me to where I need to go!"

I tried to inquire where he needed to go but he was pretty fried out and not giving a direct answer, he kept saying "ahh just down there a bit." And I kept asking him "well, how far is a bit then?" And he kept being vague about it.

At an impulse, I was like "you know, I can't do this then. It's late and you're not working with me here." And that's when he imposed himself on me and was like "ahh look motherucker, I can't believe you do that to me. When you opened the door I looked at you as a brotha', and just like that you kick me out?!"

In my head I was like "ahh ****. I have a situation here." I cringed for a second and looked at him in the eyes and gave him a fist-bump, and I was like "aaaallllright, we're going for a drive tonight." That's when he reverted back to being civil with me.

That was a long night being stuck with him. The entire time I was pretty scared but I kept a straight face with him so he couldn't see my fear. He had a backpack and I wondered if he had a gun or a knife on him.

During that drive, one thing was clear: he was totally fried out from drugs most likely. He was pretty incoherent, shifty a lot of the time, but I managed to pick his brain to at least learn a bit about who he actually was.

Turns out, he told me he was just released from prison and that he was a convict, and he needed to go to a courthouse to win custody of his kid back.

He got back to the money he initially waved at me when he first approached me. He reached into his backpack to pull out a fat stack of cash, an absurdly larger stack than the few bills he initially waved towards me. I think he was being a showoff with that cash, sifting through a fat stack asking how much I needed. At that point I also figured this was a test of respect he was conducting on me, and I just looked at him "I'll just take the amount I initially agreed on, the 15 bucks or whatever you waved at me." He smirked and said "good, you're a smart man" and put the rest of the cash back into his bag. At that point I knew this guy was a drug dealer, and his backpack was possibly full of drugs and weapons, but I didn't bother poking my nose into his business because I didn't want to provoke him.

At one point during the drive he started rambling how much he hates women and going off on his terrible experiences with them. That's when I had the audacity to disagree with him, and initially he was taken aback by my opposing his view. I told him to bare with me for a minute, and I explained to him how there's great women out there, and I know because I have great women in my life. I apologized on behalf of the women that gave him such a bad perception in his life, and I told him maybe it's just a matter of time before the right woman comes around that will change his mind.

He pretty much sat there all silent for a moment, with his hand on his chin, he was in a deep state of thought, considering what I just said, and then he nodded like he was just enlightened by what I said. He told me I'm a smart man, but this time it was a lot more sincere than the previous time he called me smart over the money question.

Anyways, I ended up taking him to a dark gas station on a rugged side of town, a couple hours away. Up until that point I was just worried if he was going to carjack or assault me, or lure me to his buddies and ambush me or whatever.

It was not a commercial gas station or anything like that, and the creepy vibes were there with much of the street lights burnt out and flickering.

Anyways I pulled into this station and that's when he got up and out of my car. He didn't say anything and was about to close my door without looking back, but then he flinched for a moment and leaned back into my car and looked at me one last time. He said, "you're a good kid... stay that way." He snickered and closed the door shut and just walked into the dark streets.

I sat there just stunned by what I went through that night. I did not get home until after 3am.

Part 2: the stalking

That was a crazy experience, but I continued on with my life. I went back to my work, hung out with my friends, going to school, doing all my regular things.

A couple months later, and *surprise*surprise* he shows up at my work again and he specifically comes to me, and he's acting all buddy-buddy with me. In my head I'm just like "ahhh shit... this guy again... and he knows where I work."

I knew I'd be better off playing it smart with him since I already knew he was fried and not the sharpest tool in the shed. I pretended to be friendly with him in order to keep him at a distance from me.

Him showing up at my work started to become a regular thing, at least a couple times a week, and he would always come in at night when I was working and specifically interact with me. He would come up to me asking for more favors.

I remember one night I was with my coworkers in the back of the store at the electronics department, and he came up to me in that area asking for me to do a favor regarding a burner phone. Since I was present with my coworkers, I told him a stern him no, and that I was not going to help him with anything anymore.

He definitely took offense and was shaken up over what I told him. My coworkers asked who that guy was and that's basically when I explained the situation I was in, and my coworkers became more alert and had my back from that point on, and they began watching this guy too.

The guy got increasingly agitated and there were times he'd come into the store and he'd just be watching me from afar from a different vantage point. He started getting pretty sketchy like that.

That's when I developed the urgency to quit and find a new job, because I did not feel very safe there anymore. Luckily I managed to find a new job and booked it after that whole situation.

Conclusion: I got a new job

I carried on with my life, but I saw him one last time after that.

Roughly 8 months later, I am pretty sunk into my new job. One day I was at a gas station at an entirely different part of town. As I was filling up my tank I noticed a large man in a hoodie going around to people at the gas station, panhandling and asking others for money.

As I looked closely I recognized he was my stalker, and I was just like "...motherfucker."

He eventually made it to me, and I was bracing myself for this strange reunion with my ex-stalker, but what happened was absolutely shocking.

He came up to me and he introduced himself, and his name was completely different from the name he told me the night he was the hitchhiker. He looked and he did not even recognize me at all, as if he was seeing me for the first time ever.

He completely changed his identity and story and he did not remember me. To avoid giving him any chance to recognize and to just get rid of him quick as possible, I reached into my wallet and pulled out a dollar and told him to take it.

He got all smitty over a dollar, like he wanted to kiss that note, and he just waddled off.

I finished filling my gas and watched him as he walked around the corner and out of my view. I booked it out of there after that incident.

I never saw him again.

I never picked up a hitchhiker again.

It was overall an enlightening experience. I was confronted with legitimate fear in what another person can do to me. I don't think a lot of people realize how they would respond, because most people don't go through something like this. But I learned that even in the face of a potentially dangerous person, that it was better to never show him my fear and to treat him with respect instead. I learned how to outsmart him by giving him respect and pretending to be cool while I was figuring out my exit plan.