EXCLUSIVE FROM TOM WARREN: Starfield to release on PS5 when Shattered Space expansion drops

• 87 results
above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1583 Posts

What many Sony fans have been trying to drum into xbox fans head since MS first started doing day and date 1st party games on on a rental service seems to be coming to pass.

Well...go ahead and shower MS with cheers you xbox fans who bragged about not buying your games because you were getting them on a discount rental service as some type of flex no Sony/Nintendo fans.

MS could still pivot their actions because there seems to be a riot on X (twitter) from xbox fans in outrage of this information, but MS clearly doesn't care about it's console fans or the people who invested in their hardware who expected to have some type of commitment from the platform holder to deliver special treatment for investing into their platform.

Thoughts?

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2562 Posts

They gotta fund Game Pass somehow. Lems weren’t buying games. And they’ve spent waaaaay too much money for the returns they’re getting.

Upset Lems need to look into the mirror

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69932 Posts

Now Sony fannies can stop crying that the game was stolen from them.😂

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56253 Posts

I'm sure Xbox players wouldn't care if Starfield comes to other platforms since its already on PC anyways.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pedro

@davillain: What? You mean people wouldn't get upset over a multiplatform game being multiplatform? 😲

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39290 Posts

BU BU BU BU BUT 12 millions players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As i predicted, the game did like shit, barely sold, and the hype died down instantly, which isn't getting them a constant flow of sales like skyrim and fallout 4 did. When a game does this poorly, you have no choice but to put it on as many systems as possible. But guess what? Here, on the blue side, nobody wants your empty ass procedurally generated mess. Keep it. I - We don't want that garbage.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20142 Posts

@davillain said:

I'm sure Xbox players wouldn't care if Starfield comes to other platforms since its already on PC anyways.

Have you been on twitter lately? lol

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By above_average

@davillain said:

lol, then you should check that twitter thread my friend then you'll see how wrong you are.

I know it cool to save face on this board and pretend nothing bothers you (each fan demographic) but that argument line saying, "Oh xbox fans don't care because it's already on PC" just isn't going to work this time.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45293 Posts
@ghostofgolden said:

They gotta fund Game Pass somehow. Lems weren’t buying games. And they’ve spent waaaaay too much money for the returns they’re getting.

Microsoft be like.. wait, we spent $80 billion on Activision and Bethesda?! How are we gonna make this money back?!

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

I wish nitter was still around. I need to see all the glorious lem meltdown tweets 😂

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Well there goes a big reason for me to get another Xbox... I was already on the fence after I got the XSX and use it the least of any console I own. I can't say that this isn't entirely unexpected. MS spent a lot to lock down these devs. and recouping costs and making money lies within their services and software and not so much their hardware. They want to make the most money possible, not compete directly and I've been saying that for years.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44333 Posts

Good. More people will get to enjoy this game now. 👍😎

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By above_average
@ghostofgolden said:

I mean, from DAY 1, this is what we Sony fans warned xbox guys against and why we said we'd rather pay for our 1st party games and did NOT want our AAA 1st party titles day and date on some discount rental service.

They all claimed MS could bury the profit loss because of how rich the company of Microsoft was. We told them MS as a company isn't in business to LOSE money and MS money =/= Xbox money...maybe they can rationalize all that now in the ninth hour.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16572 Posts

Meh, I said it earlier, MS needs to maximize their profit and revenue. Doesn't really bother me that much. Actually, I know this might be blasphemy amongst some lems, and it's true, but I'll just say it, please don't condemn me. I think they should bring halo over to the Playstation too.

No point excluding the Playstation...I mean personally I wouldn't buy it, there's nothing worth buying a ps5 for. Waste of money to be honest, waste of space. I'd say stick to the pc and get a series X for older xbox games. The integration that MS has with Xbox, pc and even mobile is insane. You can play on one, and continue on the other exactly where you left off. Games are cheaper, and gamepass massive selection. The ps5 by comparison is a barren desert.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11178 Posts

Holy crap. It's like Microsoft actually wants Xbox to stop being an anchor to the business for a change. PS consoles are literally going to be the best place for gaming if you don't have a PC. It's Joever, folks. The console war is finally over.

But, if the recent leak is true, MS is going to allow people to make 3rd party Xbox consoles, I guess? So, people who want to stay in that ecosystem can do so I suppose. Unless they make Game Pass a first party only thing, then maybe other consoles could allow it?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

As a PC gamer with 50+ hours into this game. Enjoy, I guess. You guys haven't missed much.

I wonder if the PS5 version will keep the god awful 30 fps only mode lol.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

I can't wait to buy a tiger electronics Xbox! 🤣

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 above_average

@Pedro said:

Now Sony fannies can stop crying that the game was stolen from them.😂

Who exactly has been crying about this game? Go ahead and name names. You seem to be glitching out my boy, lol are you ok?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45293 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Meh, I said it earlier, MS needs to maximize their profit and revenue. Doesn't really bother me that much. Actually, I know this might be blasphemy amongst some lems, and it's true, but I'll just say it, please don't condemn me. I think they should bring halo over to the Playstation too.

No point excluding the Playstation...I mean personally I wouldn't buy it, there's nothing worth buying a ps5 for. Waste of money to be honest, waste of space. I'd say stick to the pc and get a series X. The integration that MS has with Xbox, pc and even mobile is insane. You can play on one, and continue on the other exactly where you left off. Games are cheaper, and gamepass massive selection. The ps5 by comparison is a barren desert.

Wow.. Halo on PlayStation. That would be something!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@above_average: It is not my problem you weren't around for the cries of Monopoly and MS stealing PS games.🤷‍♂️

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zero_epyon

@SolidGame_basic said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

No point excluding the Playstation...I mean personally I wouldn't buy it, there's nothing worth buying a ps5 for. Waste of money to be honest, waste of space. I'd say stick to the pc and get a series X. The integration that MS has with Xbox, pc and even mobile is insane. You can play on one, and continue on the other exactly where you left off. Games are cheaper, and gamepass massive selection. The ps5 by comparison is a barren desert.

If they bring Halo it needs to be MCC and not Infinite. Nobody's going to play Infinite.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

Will it outsell Wolverine?

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 above_average

@SolidGame_basic said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

It's times like this I wish MS never came into the console gaming space and Sega was still a console producer. MS has completely bastardized what console gaming is all about and subsequently negatively influenced Sony and the rest of gaming culture as a result.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16572 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: it felt dirty just saying it, and now I want to take another shower. A cold shower at the lowest setting.

But, our games are all multiplatform anyways, it makes no sense to exclude one platform over the other. The reason for Xbox is simple, gamepass day 1, and seamless cross platform integration. This is something Sony doesn't want to implement on their system because they want to maximize their profit. That's good for them, but it gives me no reason to buy a Playstation either.

Gamepass or bust.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zero_epyon

@lamprey263 said:

Will it outsell Wolverine?

No...

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By above_average

@Pedro said:

@above_average: It is not my problem you weren't around for the cries of Monopoly and MS stealing PS games.🤷‍♂️

You mean in back 2022?

lol it's 2024 now dude. Ain't nobody been crying about any games on MS side. Like I said name names!? Yea, you glitching out. That was a weird comment.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11178 Posts

@above_average said:

It's times like this I wish MS never came into the console gaming space and Sega was still a console producer. MS has completely bastardized what console gaming is all about and subsequently negatively influenced Sony and the rest of gaming culture as a result.

MS at the very, very least introduced more PC type architecture to console gaming design, which devs were happier with. And consoles finally got past using memory cards for storage and relied on HDDs. They took online play more serious too, but that went south with the main drawback being that they charged for it. It was a double-edged sword.

But after that... MS stopped adding to the industry. It was fine for Sony to have competition, but Xbox literally stopped being competition last gen. It became a sinkhole led by Phil Spend-cer and it seemed like MS finally had enough of his antics. Wonder if he'll still keep his job.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By above_average

The snow ball began rolling and has now started to spin out of control...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2562 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

It became a sinkhole led by Phil Spend-cer and it seemed like MS finally had enough of his antics. Wonder if he'll still keep his job.

Phil really pushed the Game Pass service as hard as he could. He REALLY believed in it and did a good job selling it to folks. The problem is there had to be some results at some point. We are nearing the 7 year mark of Game Pass as a service. It wouldn’t have lasted this long with any other company.

Phil also sold folks that he was going to fix the games problems. Not only could they not fix their own games, but the studios they‘ve been buying are releasing a bunch of mid too. And you better believe that after spending $100 billion on acquisitions, big Microsoft was gonna start paying more attention.

Phil gambled big time. I’ll always give him credit for that. He just bet on all the wrong horses…

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 above_average

@ghostofgolden said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

It became a sinkhole led by Phil Spend-cer and it seemed like MS finally had enough of his antics. Wonder if he'll still keep his job.

Phil really pushed the Game Pass service as hard as he could. He REALLY believed in it and did a good job selling it to folks. The problem is there had to be some results at some point. We are nearing the 7 year mark of Game Pass as a service. It wouldn’t have lasted this long with any other company.

Phil also sold folks that he was going to fix the games problems. Not only could they not fix their own games, but the studios they‘ve been buying are releasing a bunch of mid too. And you better believe that after spending $100 billion on acquisitions, big Microsoft was gonna start paying more attention.

Phil gambled big time. I’ll always give him credit for that. He just bet on all the wrong horses…

You give Phil too much credit for the wrong thing.

Here's an idea, Phil Spencer did EXACTLY what he intended to do!

Never invest proper funds in any AAA quality games and sting gullible xbox fans along with gamepass promises for amazing games that they NEVER deliver and release new CGI trailers to make gamers forget about the games they never brought out.

The grand scheme was to convert all xbox console owners to GamePass Ultimate and once they reached a saturation rate they would drop the hardware and tell everyone well "Hey you still have all your games...just continue to pay your Gamepass sub and you can PLAY ANYWHERE"

THIS was the plan ever since Nadella took over and Phil Spencer started spouting about CLOUD!

There was never a plan to "fix the games problem". I have said this for the longest time, I don't know how people never saw this for what it was.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

What is this expansion all about?

I'm happy there is one less exclusive in the world (DEATH TO MARKETED EXCLUSIVES!) but I care more about this news of expansion.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

Xbox really doesn't need the negative PR right now but I am really enjoying this meltdown on twitter and xboxera forum 😂😂

Can't wait for spin master Phil Spencer soothes fear with some sweet little lies 😂

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

The War is over. Xbox lost it's identity. It's done.

Playstation and Nintendo have an identity, their own brand, exclusive ecosystem. Xbox fanbase will cease to exist, they have nothing to fall back on. Again, the war is over. I cant believe this. We can finally have peace.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#34 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

*looks at his stocks on E*Trade. Sees MSFT is performing well* and continues to not give a shit

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@cainetao11 said:

*looks at his stocks on E*Trade. Sees MSFT is performing well* and continues to not give a shit

That is because MSFT just liquidated Xbox.😏

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 740 Posts

I'm not sure it will matter. Starfield is not a good game. I thought I wanted to play it and that it was a reason to own an Xbox. It's not. 2023 was a massive year for games and I can't imagine having the time to play something that is just okay when more great things are released all the time.

I was really looking forward to it at one point but I think I was also over the Bethesda style game too.

I suppose the greater question is that if Xbox now makes games for Playstation, what is the future of Xbox?

Spelamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Spelamera
Member since 2024 • 72 Posts

Starfield must feel great after played that 3/10 silent hill game

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts

It will run like dog shit on PS5, like most next gen games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56253 Posts

@above_average: @Zero_epyon: @Pedro: You guys seem to forget Starfield was originally heading to PS5 during it's early development before MS bought out Bethesda. The game had PS5 codes written for it, so I don't see why this would be an issue for Xbox fans. Hell it's not Xbox exclusive as it's on PC.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2044 Posts

Not into Bathesda games. Last one i played was Fallout 4.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zero_epyon

@davillain said:

@above_average: @Zero_epyon: @Pedro: You guys seem to forget Starfield was originally heading to PS5 during it's early development before MS bought out Bethesda. The game had PS5 codes written for it, so I don't see why this would be an issue for Xbox fans. Hell it's not Xbox exclusive as it's on PC.

I did not forget! I was certain that the game would be on PS5 at some point since the CFO said they wanted Bethesda games coming first or better on Xbox implying some titles will come over and some might be day and date.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zero_epyon

Dude, imagine PS5 pro being real and Starfield runs at 60fps on it. It'll still be a boring mess of a game but I'd love to see that just for the lulz.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@davillain said:

I agreed with you that I don't see why Xbox fans would have an issue.

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

What I really want is gamepass on playstation. They got EA play on playstation; why not let us get gamepass please. I don't even have ps plus as I hate subscriptions and just get my dose of free games from the library, but my girlfriend works at Microsoft so she's hoarded like 5 years worth of free gamepass tokens you get as an employee. Maybe I"ll just get a Series X though; there's definitely a tide shift coming where playstation might be over (but whatever, I'll come out ahead as long as I don't have "loyalty" to a company that doesn't care about me. Sort of sad I'll lose my trophies when migrating platforms but I figure it's better than the alternative of being stuck on a sinking ship.)

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By above_average
@davillain said:

By the time MS bought Bethesda they had already decided they were going 3rd party! So that's not the point.

The point is the MS misled and lied to gamers for years stringing innocent gamers along promising AAA EXCLUSIVE games BUILT for XBOX to fool people into investing into their own platform only to bait n switch and say:

MS: "You know what? Never mind, we just gonna make games for everything and you xbox guys just shut up and keep subbing to gamepass since ya'll wasn't buying games anyway"

You guys can't see the forest for the trees. When MS went on that dev buying spree in 2018 THEY HAD ALREADY DECIDED INTERNALLY THEY MIGHT GO 3RD PARTY BECAUSE....GAMEPASS WAS FAILING!

There may have been a thought about holding on to xbox IF their 2 tier Xbox price strategy gained market leader status, but as soon as MS realized it wasn't...they swooped in and gobbled up Bethesda and King Blizzard because they had committed to the 3rd party route..IN SECRET while still selling the XBOX EXCLUSIVE LIE to sell as many additional series systems as possible before the truth was clear!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34690 Posts

Wow. You guys really care about Starfield.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 above_average

@Litchie said:

That's funny when my main focus was on MS misleading it's fans and Xbox fans sabotaging themselves by relying in Gamepass instead of supporting developers directly.

But when you're grasping at straws and have been on the other side bashing Sony at every turn, this is the best you can come up with for the situation.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34690 Posts

@above_average said:
@Litchie said:

That's funny when my main focus was on MS misleading it's fans and Xbox fans sabotaging themselves by relying in Gamepass instead of supporting developers directly.

But when you're grasping at straws and have been on the other side bashing Sony at every turn, this is the best you can come up with for the situation.

I really don't care about this fanboy nonsense or Starfield. I just find it quite amazing how much you guys post everytime Starfield comes up.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1314 Posts

Damn the meltdown is nearly as bad as when Sony first party became multiplat,with pc..when they realise a war is won on profits and some Xbox studios games going to more platforms down the line making more money means Xbox continue being ahead of PS in gaming revenue👍

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By above_average
@Litchie said:
@above_average said:
@Litchie said:

I really don't care about this fanboy nonsense or Starfield. I just find it quite amazing how much you guys post everytime Starfield comes up.

lol who is "you guys"?

LMFAO I never post about Starfield.

Just because you Xbox/MS dudes have a hive mind you assume everyone operates like you. Sorry but that's not the case.

The only reason why Sony people mention Starfield is because for 3 years the xbox faithful claimed it was supposed to be the AAAA 10/10 GOTY nail in the coffin that resurrected xbox from the ashes and crushed PlayStation for good...and it did NONE of that happened!

So now you're mad that Sony guys for remind you people that all that shit talk blew up in their faces? Sorry not sorry I guess.

Are you mad about me posting about this NEW news that broke yesterday regarding MS plans going forward? Did you wish no one say an anything about this so you didn't have to deal with reality? Go ahead, tell me what else you want to whine about?