Microsoft is rapidly working on 'Fable': The release date is closer than expected

• 85 results
Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@last_lap: Why in the world would I support this game, lol. You got some ideas, dude.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6700 Posts

@lamprey263: I'd rather Playground take their time then rush it. But if it is the guy who was spreading all the FUD about Xbox then yeah I wouldn't believe a word this person says.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Last_Lap

@nod_calypse: I thought women prop each other up not tear each other down.

You claim to be a women and yet you're against women being in video games unless they look like Barbie dolls.

Shame on you nod.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#54 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59314 Posts

@saint-george said:

The hype is real!

Loading Video...

Unless you were begging MS to give you it via xbox going fully third party..then

This could potentially change everything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@last_lap said:

@nod_calypse: I thought women prop each other up not tear each other down.

You claim to be a women and yet you're against women being in video games unless they look like Barbie dolls.

Shame on you nod.

Listen, dude. That isn't a woman. It has a woman's body, but a man's face.

It's a tranny. The story may not say it, but that's what it is. Women should not support this crap. I mean, why any woman would support taking a woman's face off and replacing it with a man's is beyond me.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Last_Lap

@nod_calypse: Should have known you were going with the woke 💩.

You know nothing about the game, but as soon as you see a women who doesn't look like a Barbie doll with big tits and an enormous arse you scream trans, it's woke yadda, yadda, yadda.

You must find it extremely triggering walking down the street in real life.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

There is no way people are genuinely excited for Fable. I think that literally 100% of those that are, are only doing so because its an MS exclusive, and they're xbots. There are rpg's that are so far ahead of anything Fable could dream about (rpg's those same people aren't only not hyping, but don't even play em), its ridiculous to even compare the two. You gotta be one of those "Starfield is the best rpg i've ever played" kind of special gamer to be super excited for a new Fable game. Like, its fine to be interested to see how the game turns out, but being super excited like its a brand new IP from Fromsoft, or something else that's relevant? No, just no, i don't believe its a normal human behavior.

Its Fable. A game that was built on the illusion of a scammer Molyneux. If he was still around at Microsoft, be certain he'd be the second to hype his game as AAAA.🤭

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@last_lap said:

@nod_calypse: Should have known you were going with the woke 💩.

Going with woke? Lol, what?

I literally stated I'm against transgender. I am fully against woke shit, dude.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Last_Lap

You know you're doing something right when SW biggest troll pays a visit and spews their special brand of nonsense 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

You know you're doing something right when SW biggest troll pays a visit and spews their special brand of nonsense 🤣

What a dimwitted comment. Stop being a dimwit.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: You're in here trying to damage control. So the game is doing something right, you only damage control when a game threatens you, we all know this.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: You're in here trying to damage control. So the game is doing something right, you only damage control when a game threatens you, we all know this.

From one dimwitted comment to the next. When will it stop?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Last_Lap

@deactivated-65dd04f21decf: why would you nuked your account over nothing?

I know you will read this so I will continue. In the end Fable is known for its custom character creation mode, so getting upset that a women (who is most likely a place holder) is just sad.

EDIT: just saw your post in the lounge.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: We both know it's true, from Halo to Starfield and now Fable, you're so predictable, but hey at least MS are giving you games to talk about unlike Sony 🤣🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#65 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70393 Posts

Damn, another Sony fanny bites the dust.😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: We both know it's true, from Halo to Starfield and now Fable, you're so predictable, but hey at least MS are giving you games to talk about unlike Sony 🤣🤣🤣

And what do those game have in common? Mediocrity. All mediocre games that will be trolled by the whole social media. Did i say will? Sorry, meant to have "have been". Remember the Built For Gamepass in mind? Yea, this is what you get, half arsed titles.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Still trying to damage control even after being called out on it. You're very predictable wenzen.

Keep'em coming.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO:

I gotta say those are some of the most adult Juvenile attacks I've read here in a while. Grats. ;o

Anyhooie, just as I thought, you got nothing and thanks for playing but you should change your username to AngryWhackyHippo you know, just for accuracy...

lolol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@SecretPolice: I should have read your other replies before responding and realized that you have the emotional maturity of a third grader. Given that you interpreted every part of my response incorrectly, it seems you also have the intelligence of a third grader. Good luck.

Maybe you should read the room before getting riled up.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Pedro
@SecretPolice said:
@Pedro said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I want Playgrounds insane open world tech put to good use.

I don't want another samey open world with bland mission design.

Prepare to be disappointed then.

Can you share you play-through of the new Fable or forbidden by an NDA?

Asking for a friend. lolol :P

I have realistic expectations.😏

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SecretPolice

@Pedro said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Pedro said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I want Playgrounds insane open world tech put to good use.

I don't want another samey open world with bland mission design.

Prepare to be disappointed then.

Can you share you play-through of the new Fable or forbidden by an NDA?

Asking for a friend. lolol :P

I have realistic expectations.😏

lol :P

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@Pedro said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@SecretPolice: I should have read your other replies before responding and realized that you have the emotional maturity of a third grader. Given that you interpreted every part of my response incorrectly, it seems you also have the intelligence of a third grader. Good luck.

Would you please articulate at what point in this thread I have been riled up?

In my responses in this thread, I've asked for the article that the OP was citing, then used that article to provide evidence for why the topic was grasping at straws, and after the OP behaved like a child a second time, acknowledged that I realized engaging with this person was a waste of time. This is precisely why I'm responding to your reply and not the OP's.

At no point in any response in this thread was my emotional valence above or below 0. (I remember you stating you teach game development at the college level, so you should know what that means).

If my responses were read by other users in an inflection that suggested I was riled up, that's on them; I have no control over the tone other people read my posts, but at no point have I been anything close to resembling "riled up."

I saw something that was BS, I demonstrated why it was BS, and in doing so, realized the OP wasn't worth engaging with further. Then I carried on with my day.

Cheers.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pedro

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Pedro said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Would you please articulate at what point in this thread I have been riled up?

In my responses in this thread, I've asked for the article that the OP was citing, then used that article to provide evidence for why the topic was grasping at straws, and after the OP behaved like a child a second time, acknowledged that I realized engaging with this person was a waste of time. This is precisely why I'm responding to your reply and not the OP's.

At no point in any response in this thread was my emotional valence above or below 0. (I remember you stating you teach game development at the college level, so you should know what that means).

If my responses were read by other users in an inflection that suggested I was riled up, that's on them; I have no control over the tone other people read my posts, but at no point have I been anything close to resembling "riled up."

I saw something that was BS, I demonstrated why it was BS, and in doing so, realized the OP wasn't worth engaging with further. Then I carried on with my day.

Cheers.

You ask a question and the answer is literally in the comment I responded to. 🤷🏽‍♂️

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@Pedro: Reading something in an angry tone doesn't mean it was written in one. The comment you responded to was me reading the room, realizing the OP wasn't worth engaging with, and stating that with reasons why.

I try to give people on the Internet a chance to tone themselves down when they realize the person they're conversing with isn't going to engage, as I've found that sometimes leads to a change of tone and an actual reasonable conversation; there are plenty of posters on this site that behave like jackasses to certain posters who meet them at their level but are otherwise reasonable people to discuss games with. It's easy to go into these types of conversations with shields up, ready to be attacked, and demonstrating a degree of reason and restraint sometimes calms people down. I have no qualms about giving people an extra chance to let their character speak for itself.

In this case, that wasn't going to happen, as evidenced by the OP's continued immature behavior, which is a totally acceptable thing to call out and something that can be done in a variety of emotional states, not exclusively negative or aggressive ones.

Given the language of that response, I do understand how you could come to that conclusion. But language is not the only factor that informs or dictates tone, and as the person on this side of the keyboard typing the words I'm posting, I'm aware of the emotional state I'm in while writing this, and it is not "riled up," nor have I been at any other point participating in this thread.

So again, at what point in this thread have I been riled up? Pointing to a comment I've made doesn't answer that question, it only demonstrates that you've made an assumption about my emotional state. In this case, it was an incorrect one, but I do understand how that assumption was reached.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Pedro

You are mistaken if you think I am going to read that essay.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#76 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I always root for games to be enjoyable. I hope this one is.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1470 Posts

I think some simple-minded MS exec played a Forza Horizon game and thought;

"Look! If we let them make their open-world RPG, we can finally make a game like Sony's Horizon!" and decided to force Playground, with absolutely no ARPG experience, to make a Fable game.

In fact, after the original narrative lead left Playground, she was replaced by a senior writer on Horizon: Forbidden West.

So the narrative structure will be closer to Horizon. However, the combat and other gameplay will be worse due to the lack of experience in making ARPGs.

All in all I predict a pretty open world, midiorace narrative, bad gameplay, so 7/10.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 hardwenzen

@st_monica said:

"Look! If we let them make their open-world RPG, we can finally make a game like Sony's Horizon!" and decided to force Playground, with absolutely no ARPG experience, to make a Fable game.

In fact, after the original narrative lead left Playground, she was replaced by a senior writer on Horizon: Forbidden West.

So the narrative structure will be closer to Horizon. However, the combat and other gameplay will be worse due to the lack of experience in making ARPGs.

All in all I predict a pretty open world, midiorace narrative, bad gameplay, so 7/10.

Pretty much. 7/10 here and between 67 and 72 on meta. A game that will be forgotten within a week.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@st_monica said:

Pretty much. 7/10 here and between 67 and 72 on meta. A game that will be forgotten within a week.

You 2 cow clowns should do some research before you make fools of yourselves.

Some parts of the article

"Playground created a second studio, separate from the Horizon team, back in 2017, to handle what was an unnamed game at the time. Now we know that game is Fable."

And

"Anna Megill, the lead writer on Remedy Entertainment's Control and narrative director of Arkane Studios' Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, has revealed that she isheading up the Fable writing team. We have some information about that team as well, and itfeatures some notable people from Batman: Arkham series developer Rocksteady. Batman: Arkham Knight's lead scriptwriter, Martin Lancaster, will serve as the game's narrative director, and is joined by Rocksteady veterans Craig Owens, another former Batman script writer, and cinematic director Martin Tan."

Also

Other members of the Fable team include Will Kennedy (GTA V) as chief designer, Juan Fernández de Simón (Hellblade) as principal game designer, and Adam Olsson (The Division 2) as lead environmental artist. Naturally, many members of the team also previously worked on the Forza Horizon series.

So, they have people from R*, Rocksteady, Remedy, Ubisoft, BioWare, Guerrilla Games, Ninja Theory and more. So, the pedigree is there and I will wait and see what they come up with while you 2 can continue to damage control it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@st_monica said:

"Playground created a second studio, separate from the Horizon team, back in 2017, to handle what was an unnamed game at the time. Now we know that game is Fable."

And

"Anna Megill, the lead writer on Remedy Entertainment's Control and narrative director of Arkane Studios' Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, has revealed that she isheading up the Fable writing team. We have some information about that team as well, and itfeatures some notable people from Batman: Arkham series developer Rocksteady. Batman: Arkham Knight's lead scriptwriter, Martin Lancaster, will serve as the game's narrative director, and is joined by Rocksteady veterans Craig Owens, another former Batman script writer, and cinematic director Martin Tan."

Also

Other members of the Fable team include Will Kennedy (GTA V) as chief designer, Juan Fernández de Simón (Hellblade) as principal game designer, and Adam Olsson (The Division 2) as lead environmental artist. Naturally, many members of the team also previously worked on the Forza Horizon series.

So, they have people from R*, Rocksteady, Remedy, Ubisoft, BioWare, Guerrilla Games, Ninja Theory and more. So, the pedigree is there and I will wait and see what they come up with while you 2 can continue to damage control it.

Don't rage at those who know what they're talking about. Instead, pay attention and remember what was said. This will help you in your gaming career.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@st_monica said:

And

Also

Don't rage at those who know what they're talking about. Instead, pay attention and remember what was said. This will help you in your gaming career.

Stupid is as stupid does.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@st_monica said:

And

Also

Not being able to comprehend a higher being is perfectly normal. I wouldn't be worried about it.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:

And

Also

Not being able to comprehend a higher being is perfectly normal. I wouldn't be worried about it.

You know the deal by now...

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1470 Posts
@last_lap said:

And

Also

LOL dude, as I said in my first post, Anna Megill, the lead writer has already left Playground last year. So what's your point?

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/fable-narrative-lead-anna-megill-leaves-playground-games-3469308
https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/fable-narrative-lead-anna-megill-leaves-playground-games-3469308

Also, if you think that having those talents you listed (GTA/Hellblade/Divsion) will lead to good game design, you must be high.

In any case, I say "YOU should do some research before you make fools of yourselves," haha.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SecretPolice

Weak after week, after weak after week, same pathetic cows with a BS Jive and no new games and nothing to do but DC the phenom games coming from Xbox Games Studios. ;o

Poo bovine brigade. lol :P

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Last_Lap

@st_monica said:
@last_lap said:

And

Also

LOL dude, as I said in my first post, Anna Megill, the lead writer has already left Playground last year. So what's your point?

Also, if you think that having those talents you listed (GTA/Hellblade/Divsion) will lead to good game design, you must be high.

In any case, I say "YOU should do some research before you make fools of yourselves," haha.

So one person has left, they have replaced her and hired more people, still doesn't change the stupidity you wrote.

"I think some simple-minded MS exec played a Forza Horizon game and thought;

Look! If we let them make their open-world RPG, we can finally make a game like Sony's Horizon!" and decided to force Playground, with absolutely no ARPG experience, to make a Fable game."

Talk about simple minded 🤦‍♂️