Official "Now that the dust has settled, is Starfield a good game?" poll.

• 92 results
Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Official "Now that the dust has settled, is Starfield a good game?" poll. (90 votes)

Yes, Starfield is a great game. Fully delivered on all promises, and more. 17%
Starfield is a pretty good game, nothing great, but nothing terrible. Delivered on most promises. 31%
Starfield is utterly mediocre. Delivered on some promises, but not on many others. 46%
Starfiled is a stinking pile of grandma feces. Promises? Uh-huh. This game effing sucks. 7%

Now that *some* of us have played it for a while, and a community of sorts has formed around the game, what's the verdict? Good, bad, somewhere in between?

No Caption Provided

• 
dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By dabear  Online
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@Litchie said:

@nod_calypse: Bethesda employees are currently hard at work commenting on negative steam reviews saying how amazing their game is. That "mixed" is bothering them a lot, and it's very funny.

It is amazing.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#52 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6108 Posts

I play the XSX 90% of my gaming time,I downloaded Starfield and find it just average. I thought highly about it first played but changed my outlook of it. I uninstalled it.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12377 Posts

It's not an exceptional or must have game BUT, it's pretty good ... until it's not. lol

The game becomes incredibly tedious once you really get into it and, the supporting systems like ship building, mining etc. just falls flat and isn't rewarding in any way. The game *can* be truly great but, it's going to take a lot of work.

Seriously, just give me *something* to traverse these empty rocks.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#54 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Why ask others if something is good? Stop being a wuss and try it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#55 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70388 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Why ask others if something is good? Stop being a wuss and try it.

Some people are like

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@cainetao11: So let me get this straight. You're saying it takes bravery to play Starfield?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#57 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59314 Posts

I haven't played but it but no.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@uninspiredcup: You need bravery, bro.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10544 Posts

ive just started it. im only about two hours in and for the past hour ive had a fast travel message perma stuck to the top of my screen. i can't get rid of it. kind of immersion killing

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pedro

@Macutchi: I feel your pain as a gamer and as developer.😂

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 719 Posts

Where Is the option "I haven't played starfield but want to check the results"?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3502 Posts

My answer would be "it's complicated".

Many people want Starfield to be a game that it isn't. That's not an uncommon issue in gaming, gamers complaining about X game not playing like Y.

If you actually want to have a good time playing it you absolutely can. I did.

That's not to say that Starfield isn't filled with unrealised potential and mind-boggling creative decisions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@nirgal said:

Where Is the option "I haven't played starfield but want to check the results"?

I usually offer that as a random option at the bottom. Forgot this time.

Spoiler: Utterly mediocre is winning far and away.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

Lets be real here, the 7/10 it got is way too generous. Then again, when Infinite got a 9, you wonder of GS has a piety for the Xbox brand.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2965 Posts

9 / 10. Could have been better, and I agree on some of its flaws like too much inventory management. The game simply tries too many things, and you have to adjust your playstyle to get maximum enjoyment out of it. Personally, I avoid outpost building and ship building. I mostly do missions and sometimes fool around in towns and on empty planets.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 719 Posts

@nod_calypse: maybe many people that haven't played the game are voting based on reputation.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#67 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

I have about 50~ hours on my first playthrough so I think I still have a long ways to go. Thoroughly enjoying it all and find it to be a solid experience. I only wish I had more time to get to enjoy it.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

i like starfield good game for me

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

It's not known worldwide as GOAT Starfield for nuttin ya know. :P

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 dabear  Online

@hardwenzen said:

Lets be real here, the 7/10 it got is way too generous. Then again, when Infinite got a 9, you wonder of GS has a piety for the Xbox brand.

Let's be real, here... you have never played it. Your opinion of it is based on negative YouTube videos.

You are unqualified to give it a score.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 529 Posts

I've enjoyed the game so far and I'm About 100 hours in and only halfway through the main story.

Is it as good as Skyrim, Fallout, Or Cyberpunk? No. Is it the 2nd coming of gaming? Also no, but I'd give it an 8/10 personal rating. The main gripe I see online is the load times, but that seems to be on the Xbox side as I haven't had that issue on PC at all.

I'm hoping the new expansion will bring new crafting elements and a vehicle to drive on planets as those are the disappointing aspects I encountered when I played.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56399 Posts

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Let's be real, here... you have never played it. Your opinion of it is based on negative YouTube videos.

You are unqualified to give it a score.

For once, I couldn't agree more.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@nod_calypse: show me where I typed those words

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Pedro

@cainetao11 said:

He has a pattern of misunderstanding.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@Pedro said:
@cainetao11 said:

He has a pattern of misunderstanding.

You're like a grossly ineffective vulture, lol.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

Voted option 3

Deserved the 7/10 it got on here. I put about 18 hours roughly and certain parts I did enjoy other parts I did not…I’ll check back in a year or two

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

Started playing The Outer Worlds. Much better game.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#78  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16041 Posts

I really wish those who hate on a video game would actually play it before formulating an opinion on it. I played it for about 3 hours and I liked it. I love how deep the character customization is. There are a staggering amount of options to play around with. It's certainly not worthy of all the hate it gets here.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1409 Posts

@dracula_16 said:

I really wish those who hate on it would actually play it before formulating an opinion on it. I suppose that being fair is frowned upon in SW. *sigh*

I played it for about 3 hours and I liked it. I love how deep the character customization is. There are a staggering amount of options to play around with. I think it's a darn good game. Certainly not worthy of all the hate it gets here.

There are plenty of people who played the game and hate it. Including Bethesda fans.

If you think it's "darn good game", then you have darn bad taste. The easily entertained gamer simps.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#80 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16041 Posts

@palasta said:
@dracula_16 said:

I really wish those who hate on it would actually play it before formulating an opinion on it. I suppose that being fair is frowned upon in SW. *sigh*

I played it for about 3 hours and I liked it. I love how deep the character customization is. There are a staggering amount of options to play around with. I think it's a darn good game. Certainly not worthy of all the hate it gets here.

There are plenty of people who played the game and hate it. Including Bethesda fans.

If you think it's "darn good game", then you have darn bad taste. The easily entertained gamer simps.

I was not suggesting that it's impossible to dislike the game if one has played it. It's a matter of personal preference. If someone has played Starfield and still doesn't like it, that's fine. I was just expressing the fact that I don't like how some of the SW persons operate.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Pedro

@dracula_16: You are speaking a irrational Sony fanboy just in case you weren't aware.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

I'd say it's like all of their other games: A good game that will be made great by the modding community.

I enjoy Starfield for what it is, but I don't think it outdoes Skyrim in terms of exploration and new stuff.

Game needed more weapons and armor, and they should've made every planet Skyrim-sized and limited it to 100 planets

ground vehicles. not one planet uses one lol.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

got to level 29 and just stopped playing it. once i got the ship I wanted it became boring.

such a great layout to be a awesome game to. just needed another 4 years under the hood.

scrapped the old build this started out as and redesigned it around the ssd.

it would have way less loading if they did.

they should had like 12 really detailed planets and added solar systems for dlc.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts

Starfield is like putting Mayo across the world's largest piece of whitebread that gets too moldy to enjoy before you're finished spreading it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By hardwenzen
@gifford38 said:

got to level 29 and just stopped playing it. once i got the ship I wanted it became boring.

such a great layout to be a awesome game to. just needed another 4 years under the hood.

scrapped the old build this started out as and redesigned it around the ssd.

it would have way less loading if they did.

they should had like 12 really detailed planets and added solar systems for dlc.

@dabear has 5+ playthroughs and 250h+ invested into the game. In your humble opinion, do you believe he is OK?

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1409 Posts

@dracula_16 said:
@palasta said:
@dracula_16 said:

I was not suggesting that it's impossible to dislike the game if one has played it. It's a matter of personal preference. If someone has played Starfield and still doesn't like it, that's fine. I was just expressing the fact that I don't like how some of the SW persons operate.

I don't really care for what you're suggesting. There are plenty of people voicing criticism for Bethesda not since Starfield. Pretending this is a novel thing is ridiculous.

"Matter of personal preference"...yearight. And when somebody has fun with poop on a stick it's also "personal preference". Redundant argument.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By dabear  Online

I really don't care what anyone else thinks: Starfield is awesome. It's easily one of the best games in the past 10 years.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By hardwenzen

@dabear said:

I really don't care what anyone else thinks: Starfield is awesome. It's easily one of the best games in the past 10 years.

I know its just your opinion, but having a really bad opinion is a thing, so yea, there's that.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56399 Posts

@dabear said:

If you don't mind me asking. Are there any flaws you encounter while playing & enjoying Starfield?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 hardwenzen

@davillain said:
@dabear said:

If you don't mind me asking. Are there any flaws you encounter while playing & enjoying Starfield?

If he does tell you a flaw or two, he'll only mention minor stuff just so his game doesn't look bad in the spotlight. You really can't trust his opinion, but you can 100% trust my factual opinions, tho.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By dabear  Online
@davillain said:
@dabear said:

Yes. It is not perfect. There's a lot to gripe about. For instance:

• The game starts out too slow. I get the reason (there's a lot of hand holding needed), but the execution is poor.
  • The load screens are annoying.
  • The game is deep. However, getting to the "deep part" is really left up to the player to figure out. So, unless you have motivation to "explore all facets" of the game, the player misses out on a lot; which leaves the impression the game is not as deep as it is. My favorite example of that is your space powers. After NG+ 5, and if you leveled up your powers for each NG, you can play the game like a Predator, Jedi, or Wizard. You actually have better "magic" abilities than the base game of Skyrim.
  • Building ships and outposts is great fun. But, again, the game doesn't encourage you to do it, or even really explain to you a good reason (when there are). So, like above, it's something that you could completely skip and not know what fun you're missing out on.
  • At higher levels, you basically go into "God Mode" - between the perks and powers, you are essentially unkillable.
  • I get Bethesda's argument of "most of space is empty". But, I would counter that with "most people can only jump about 17", but game mechanics let your character jump 36" or more to keep the game fun," There should be less empty planets and more fleshed out worlds.
  • Ship combat is very fun. But, hunting around for 5-10 min to find someone to get into a fight with is not fun.
  • You can tell there is a lot of cut content. For instance, I don't care what anyone says, somewhere there is code that lets you pilot a Mech and fly your ship in the atmosphere.
  • NG+ is not explained well enough. The campaign does have changes from one NG to the next (not explained). You use NG+ to increase your powers (which are kind of useless in the first run). Its annoying that you can't take anything from one NG+ to the next - not even your Starborn suits/ships.

So, it's an 8/10 for me. I never say "Starfield is flawless". I say "Starfield is awesome"; because it is. If you get into all the things you can do, it is overloaded with content.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8410 Posts

great game in my opinion.. poured a ton of hours into it, really enjoyed the journey, and looking forward to any new DLC..